Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In which place has been planned to have Startup India States Conference on July 22, 2016?
Answer – D.New Delhi
Startup India States conference will serve as a platform for all states to discuss the progress, policies and good practices which they have followed on the Startup India initiative in their states.
- In which place, Tamil Poet Thiruvalluvar’s Statue finally decided to install with all the fanfare and dignity?
Answer – A.Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat decided to install the statue of Tamil saint-poet Thiruvalluvar in the lawns of Haridwar’s Mela Bhawan on the bank of the Ganga.
- Who has broken the record for the fastest circumnavigation of the Earth in a hot air balloon in just over 11 days, landing safely in West Australia’s Wheat belt?
Answer – C.Fedor Konyukhov
He made the 34,000km journey in just 11 days and beaten the late Steve Fossett’s record of circumnavigating the world by two days. After his successful journey, he landed near the small town of Bonnie Rock. He started his joinery from Western Australia’s Avon Valley on July 12.
- Which bank partnered with IRCTC to promote UTS and E-Ticketing System to ease the Service for Passengers?
B.State Bank of India
D.Indian Overseas Bank
Answer – B.State Bank of India
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and one of the World’s Leading commercial Banks State Bank of India (SBI), have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on July 20.
- Which bank announced partnership with Reliance Jio Money for One-Click payment service that will make payment ease for their customers?
B.Indus Ind Bank
Answer – C.Federal Bank
Kochi based Federal Bank have announced partnership with Reliance Jio Money for One-Click payment service that will make payment ease for their customers.
- Which general Insurance Company and Mumbai based Shamrao Vithal Co-operative (SVC) Bank bancassurance
tieup to offer wide range of non-life insurance produts to the customers of the bank?
Answer – C.HDFC ERGO
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company and Mumbai based Shamrao Vithal Co-operative (SVC) Bank bancassurance tieup to offer wide range of non-life insurance produts to the customers of the bank.
- Which bank has conducted a coin exchange mela during Rath Yatra festival at the RBI financial literacy camp in Puri?
D.Indus Ind bank
Answer – B.ICICI bank
India’s largest Private Sector lender ICICI bank has conducted a coin exchange mela during Rath Yatra festival at the RBI financial literacy camp in Puri It was inaugurated by the SP.Mohanty.
- For what purpose, Karnataka Bank has started a programme jointly with Bharatiya Vikas Trust (BVT) under its corporate social responsibility (CSR) route?
Answer – A.Solar lights
Mangalore based Karnataka Bank has started a programme to offer solar lights in the non-electrified houses of students in rural zones. This is joint iniative of lender with the Manipal-based non-governmental organisation Bharatiya Vikas Trust (BVT) under its corporate social responsibility (CSR) route.
- What is the name of marketing portal which is in partnership with Viacom 18 to release the Star Trek Beyond?
Answer – B.Mydala.com
Local services marketing portal Mydala.com in partnership with Viacom 18 to release the Star Trek Beyond, which is the third part of the iconic Star Trek Reboot Series. The movie is the 6th movie that mydala platform has promoted for Viacom 18 this year – the other’s include Drishyam, Mission Impossible 5.
- Which online shopping marketplace has announced its partnership with e-ticketing platform Book My Show and extended its service offerings?
Answer – D.Snapdeal
New Delhi based E-commerce major Snapdeal has announced its partnership with e-ticketing platform Book My Show and extended its service offerings. Through this partnership customers can now book tickets for movies on Snapdeal.
- Who was appointed as the new Chairperson of the Joint Committee of Parliament examining the Land Acquisition Bill?
Answer – B.Ganesh Singh
BJP MP Ganesh Singh was appointed the new Chairperson of the Joint Committee of Parliament examining the Land Acquisition Bill. Singh represents the Satna constituency of Madhya Pradesh.
- Who has appointed as the Additional Director and Non Executive (part time) of the Axis Bank control board?
Answer – D.Sanjiv Mishra
Dr. Sanjiv Mishra has been appointed as the Additional Director and Non Executive (part time) of the Axis Bank control board. India’s third largest private lender appointed Mishra as an independent director and Non-Executive Chairman for a period of five years.
- Which American sports person sets a 100m hurdles world record of 12.20 seconds at the London Diamond League meeting on July 22 in London?
Answer – B.Kendra Harrison
Kendra Harrison of America set a 100m hurdles world record of 12.20 seconds at the London Diamond League meeting on July 22 in London. This was one hundredth of a second faster than the previous world record of 12.21 had stood since 1988 and was held by Yordanka Donkova of Bulgaria.
- Which Indian cricketer has become the first Indian captain to score a double century outside India?
Answer – D.Virat Kohli
India test Skipper Virat Kohli has become the first Indian captain to score a double century outside India. Beside he is the fifth Indian Skipper to score a double century in a Test match.
- Which veteran Indian Modern Artist passed away on July 23 in New Delhi following a prolonged illness?
A.Kasam Bapu Tirmizi
D.T. P. Subramanian
Answer – C.S.H.Raza
As like an end of an Era Veteran Indian painter and a well-known Modern Artist, S.H.Raza passed away on July 23 in New Delhi following a prolonged Illness. He is a Padma Vibushan Awardee and he is well known for his ‘bindu’, ‘purush-prakriti’ and ‘nari’ in his instantly recognisable geometric abstract works.