AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 22 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 22, 2018, The Rajya Sabha passed the Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill, _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.2013
This bill seeks to make giving bribes to a public servant an offense and there is a provision of punishment. A person who is compelled to give a bribe will not be charged if he/she reports the matter to law enforcement authorities within seven days. This was first discussed in the Standing Committee Law Committee after holding consultations in the Select Committee. According to the bill, the criminal conduct has been categorized to only 2 types: illegitimate wealth, misappropriating of property.
- On July 22, 2018, The Environment Ministry re-introduced the ‘Medini Puraskar Yojna’- a scheme that awards Indian authors for their original work in which language on environment, pollution and climate change subjects?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Hindi
The subjects include:
• environment protection,
• pollution control,
• environmental impact assessment,
• ecological restoration and development,
• forest conservation, forest resources and development,
• protection of wildlife, bio-diversity and climate change,
• conservation of nature and biosphere reserve,
• environment education and nature.
- Odisha will be the host to the Odisha Triennial of International Art (OTIA), India’s first private sector triennial, in December-January which will be a 40 day event. What is the slogan for OTIA?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Conceive-Contemplate-Communicate
The events of the Odisha Triennial of International Art (OTIA) will take place in Bhubaneshwar, Puri and Konark. OTIA was created by Artists Network for Promoting Indian Culture (ANPIC). ANPIC is headed by its Managing Trustee Sashanka Mohapatra. Curatorial director of the event is art historian Johny ML. Mentor-director is Mumbai-based artist and educationist Rajendra Patil. Coordinator is Kshitish Das. Popular artists like Jatin Das, Sudhir Patwardhan, Prabhakar Kolte, K S Radhakrishnan, Ravinder Reddy, Jogen Chowdhury and Laxma Gowd would take part in the OTIA.
- On July 22, 2018, Science& Technology, Earth Sciences; Environment, Forest & Climate Change Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated first of its kind Air Quality and Weather Forecast System– SAFAR (System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting) in ______?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Delhi
It is a giant true color LED display that gives out real-time air quality index on a daily basis. It has been developed indigenously by Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune and operationalized by India Meteorological Department (IMD). It will be an integral part of India’s first Air Quality Early Warning System. It will be implemented in four cities of India – Delhi, Pune, Mumbai and Ahmedabad as an operational service.
- On July 22, 2018, The Sports Authority of India under Khelo India Talent Identification Development scheme, cleared 734 players for a scholarship programme. It was decided that an annual stipend of _____ will be given to the players on a quarterly basis?
1.Rs 2 lakhs
3.Rs. 1.2 lakhs
4.Rs. 1.5 lakhs
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Rs. 1.2 lakhs
A talent identification committee was formed comprising Arjuna Awardees and Dronacharya Awardees. It would shortlist and propose the names of the beneficiaries to the High Powered Committee. An annual stipend of Rs. 1.2 lakhs will be given to the players on a quarterly basis. This would include training, development, boarding and lodging and tournament exposure apart from offering them out of pocket expense allowance. Support and skill trainings at KHELO INDIA accredited Academies. For this purpose Committee has accredited 21 non-SAI academies as well.
- On July 22, 2018, The first international festival of Mizoram ‘_____ ’ was organized at Dengthuama Hall in Aizawl, Mizoram?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mizo Hnahthlak
It saw huge participation from the Mizo tribal community living in different places and region. It showcased rich cultural folk dances, colourful traditional attires, mass bamboo dance. The Chakma and Hmar communities of Mizoram portrayed their agricultural dances. Other cultural troops of neighbouring states participated were: Assam, Manipur, and Tripura as well as Myanmar and Bangladesh.
- On July 22, 2018, According to report of Walk Free Foundation, the Global Slavery Index estimates that 40.3 million people worldwide were subjected to modern slavery in 2016. Which country has the highest concentration of modern slavery where one in 10 people are in this condition?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.North Korea
North Korea has the highest concentration of modern slavery where one in 10 people are in this condition. Other countries who have been ranked Eritrea, Burundi, the Central African Republic, Afghanistan, Mauritania, South Sudan, Pakistan, Cambodiaand Iran. Most action taken by the following governments: Netherlands, US, UK, Sweden, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, Norway, Portugal, Montenegro.
- Which bank has obtained the regulatory nod from RBI (Reserve Bank of India) to open offices in Bahrain, Kuwait and Singapore?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Federal Bank
Federal Bank is waiting for local clearances to start operations. It already has representative offices in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Federal Bank does not have any plans to increase its presence in India. It will focus on the digital alternatives to reach out to more customers. Federal bank will focus more on the unsecured lending segment, where it stands at Rs 380 crore currently.
- A new Cruise Terminal capable of handling 5000 tourists will be set up at Ernakulum Wharf of which Port by February 2020. On 20th July 2018, the Port Trust issued work order to the contractor for starting the construction of the new Cruise Terminal?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Cochin Port
The cruise terminal will be on a 2253sq mtrs area. It will have facilities like passenger lounge, crew lounge, 30 immigration counters, 8 customs clearance counters, 7 security check counters, Wi-Fi, tourist information counter, duty free shopping, souvenir/artefact/curio shops, medical care, book store, mini conference hall, gaming zone, ATM/bank services, foreign exchange counter, cafeteria, luggage counter, toilets, parking area for buses and cars, trolleys, wheel chairs etc. The estimated cost of construction of the terminal is Rs 25.72cr. Out of this Rs 21.41cr has been sanctioned by Ministry of Tourism. Cochin is one of the major cruise tourism destinations in India. It has been getting nearly 40 cruise liners every year.
- On July 21, 2018, Facebook announced that it is aiming to launch, ‘_____’, its own internet satellite, early in 2019?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Athena
It would provide broadband access to unserved and underserved areas throughout the world. Facebook has filed to the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as an applicant for the project, under the name PointView Tech LLC.
- On 21st July 2018, which Indian sprinter broke his own national record to win the 400 metres race at the Cena Noveho Mesta nad Metuji meet in Czech Republic?
3.Muhammad Anas Yahiya
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Muhammad Anas Yahiya
Muhammed Anas Yahiya set the new record when he won gold medal with a time of 45.24 seconds in the 400 metres race. His earlier national record was 45.31 which he set when he finished fourth at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games. He became the second Indian sprinter to reach the finals of the one-lap event at the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast after Milkha Singh. In the women’s event, MR Poovamma won gold medal with a timing of 53.01 seconds.
- On 22nd July 2018, which Pakistan batsman became the quickest player to reach 1000 runs in one-day internationals (ODI). He achieved this mark during the 5th and final ODI of the ongoing five-match series against Zimbabwe?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Fakhar Zaman
Fakhar Zaman has broken the record of West Indies cricketer Vivian Richards. Fakhar Zaman took 18 innings to reach the 1000 mark. Vivian Richards had achieved this mark in 21 matches. Fakhar Zaman is 28 years old. He played his first ODI in the ICC Champions Trophy 2017. His innings of 210 runs in the 4th match against Zimbabwe was the first double century in the ODI format by a Pakistani cricketer. Also, he is the eighth overall after Rohit Sharma (thrice), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Chris Gayle and Martin Guptill.
- On July 22, 2018, which Brazilian goalkeeper became the world’s most expensive goalkeeper upon joining the team of Liverpool from Roma?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Alisson Beckar
His transfer records have beaten:
Ederson Moraes (£34.7 million, Benfica to Manchester City)
Gianluigi Buffon (£33 million, Parma to Juventus)
Jordan Pickford (£27 million, Sunderland to Everton)
Meret Alex: (£19.6 million, Udinese to Napoli)
- On 21st July 2018, Jonathan Gold died due to pancreatic cancer in United States. He was a ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Food critic
Jonathan Gold was 57 years old. He became the first restaurant critic to win a Pulitzer Prize for criticism in 2007. He worked for Los Angeles Times as restaurant critic. He was the subject of a documentary named “City of Gold” released in 2015. It was directed by filmmaker Laura Gabbert.
- Name the mascots that have been assigned for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Miraitowa, Someity
Miraitowa and Someity are the mascots for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics. The names were revealed in Tokyo, Japan for the first time on 22nd July 2018.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Simlipal National Park located?Odisha
- Where is the headquarters of India Meteorological Department (IMD)?New Delhi
- Name the CEO and MD and headquarters of Federal Bank?Headquarters – Kochi; CEO and MD – Shyam Srinivasan
- Where is Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground?Rajkot, Gujarat
- Which state houses the Shendurney Wildlife Sanctuary?Kerala