Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- An eminent Playback singer has been passed away after a long illness in Mumbai who had ruled the bollywood Industry. Name the Singer?
Ans: B.Mubarak Begum
Fabled Playback singer Mubarak Begum passed away after a long illness in Mumbai. From 1950s to 1970s she ruled the bollywood industry with her mesmerizing voice in songs and ghazals.
- Which Space Agency Astronomers have confirmed a treasure trove of new words with over 100 new planets by the help of Spacecraft on its K2 mission?
Astronomers have confirmed a treasure trove of new worlds with over 100 new planets by the help of Nasa’s Kepler spacecraft on its K2 mission. The Missions findings made a total 197 initial planets, of which astronomers confirmed 104 planets outside our solar system.
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail is all set to acquire which fashion retailers in the Indian Market for USD 26 million?
A.Fair and Handsome
Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail (ABFRL) is all set to acquire American fast fashion retailers Forever 21′ in the Indian market for USD 26 million, which is around Rs 175.52 crore.
- Who has been awarded with the outstanding member of the South Asian Diaspora award for his contribution in shaping ties with India?
A.P K Sharma
B.D K Devan
C.M C Vijayan
D.S R Nathan
Ans: D.S R Nathan
Indian-origin Ex-President of Singapore S R Nathan has been awarded with the Outstanding Member of the South Asian Diaspora award for his contribution in shaping ties with India.
- Who has been appointed as new Chairman of the Airport Authority of India?
Ans: A.Guruprasad Mohapatra
Former Commerce Ministry Joint Secretary Guruprasad Mohapatra sworn in as the new Chairman of the AAI – Airport Authority of India.
- A respected economist Paul Romer has been appointed as a Chief Economist of which financial institutions to support the president and senior management?
A.International Monetary Fund
B.Reserve Bank of India
D.Asian Development Bank
Ans: C.World Bank
Respected economist, an expansive and unorthodox thinker, Mr. Paul Romer has been appointed as a Chief Economist of the World Bank.
- Who has been appointed as Vice President of American Financial services company Western Union for managing and developing the Western Union Business across India?
Ans: B.Sohini Rajola
American financial services company Western Union has appointed Sohini Rajola as Regional Vice President who will be responsible for managing and developing the Western Union business across India.
- Which Internet and Telecommunications institution acquired the global chip industry with a whooping $32 billion deal to acquire ARM Holdings PLC, the UK Based designed of the microprocessors?
Ans: C.SoftBank Group
SoftBank Group Corp., A Japanese internet and telecommunications conglomerate acquired the global chip industry on July 18 with a whooping $32 billion deal to acquire ARM Holdings PLC, the U.K.-based designer of the microprocessors that power more than 95% of the world’s smart phones.
- Who has been elected as the Prime Minister of the Australia’s Jumbo Cabinet for the Second term in the Parliamentary elections?
Ans: D.Malcolm Turnbell
Liberal Party Leader Malcolm Turnbull elected as the Prime Minister of the Australia’s jumbo cabinet for the second term.
- Which Company signed an agreement with DIHAR (Defense Institute of High Altitude research) to establish sustainable cultivation of rarefied medicinal plants in Ladakh?
India based largetst FMCG Company Dabur signed an MoU with DIHAR – Defense Institute of High Altitude Research, A regulatory body governed by DRDO.
- Indian AYUSH Minister inked pact with organization for promotion the systems Indian Medicines that encompasses Yoga and Ayurveda globally?
A.World Trade Organisation
B.Indian Labour Organisation
C.World Health Organisation
Ans: C.World Health Organisation
Indian AYUSH Ministry has inked Pact with World Health Organisation for promotion the systems Indian medicines that encompasses Yoga and Ayurveda, Worldwide.
- Which Dam has become to operate with six power producing turbines at its full capacity after 65,000 cusec of water was released?
Ans: A.Sardar Sarovar
Gujarat based Sardar Sarovar Dam at Kevadia in Narmada district have become operational that with six power producing turbines at its full capacity after 65,000 cusec of water was released.
- Based on the Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2016 the Central Government set up the Regional Centre for Biotechnology Training and Education in which State?
The Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2016 was introduced in Lok Sabha on March 15, 2016. With effect of this agreement, the central government set up the Regional Centre for Biotechnology Training and Education in Faridabad, Haryana as per an executive order in 2009. The Bill seeks to provide legal backing to the Regional Centre.
- The Tax department inked seven which agreement with taxpayers in the various sectors of the Indian Economy like Banking, IT and Automotives?
A.Tax Pricing Agreement
B.Advance Pricing Agreement
C.Income adjusted agreement
D.Tax Income Agreement
Ans: B.Advance Pricing Agreement
The tax department inked seven one-sided advance pricing agreements (APAs) with taxpayers in the various sectors of the Indian economy like banking, information technology and automotives in order to minimize judicial proceedings by providing certainty in the domain of transfer pricing.
- Indian Railway Ministry has initiated which system on locomotives to enhance the vision of Locomotive Pilots in merciless weather conditions?
Indian Railway Ministry has originated an offer to introduce TRI-NETRA systems on locomotives in order to enhance the vision of Locomotive Pilots in merciless weather conditions.
- Election Commission of India has launched Portal in Hindi language along with two other releases in the sidelines of the Conference of Chief Electoral Officers of States?
Election Commission of India has launched the SVEEP Portal in Hindi language along with two other releases in the sidelines of the Conference of Chief Electoral Officers of States by the Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi.