AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 17 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 17, 2017, the Phase IX of the prestigious Science Express exhibition train reached Sindhudurg in:
Answer – 2.Maharashtra
This phase of Science Express train is being referred as ‘Science Express Climate Action Special (SECAS) – II’ as it conveys message about global challenge related to climate change. Sindhudurg leg of Science Express was inaugurated on July 17, 2017 by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu through Video Conferencing from Delhi.
- Which State Government launched a first ever ‘Cultrue of Cruise’, a weekly cultural programme at a prominent lake in the state on July 16, 2017?
1.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – 1.Jammu & Kashmir
The spectacular Dal Lake in Srinagar hosted first ever Cultrue of Cruise, a weeekly cultural programme organised by the Jammu and Kashmir government aimed to bring artists from various fields on one stage. J&K Academy of Art, Culture and Languages (JKAACL) in association with the tourism department of Kashmir launched the event.
- India and Sri Lanka have signed a MoU to develop a village in which district in Sri Lanka?
Answer – 4.Anuradhapura District
India and Sri Lanka have signed a MoU to develop a village in Anuradhapura District. The total estimated cost is Rs 30 crores Sri Lankan rupees. The MoU was signed by High Commissioner of India to Sri Lanka Mr. Taranjit Singh Sandhu and Mrs. W.K.K. Athukorala, Secretary to the Ministry of Housing and Construction in the presence of Parliament Speaker Mr. Karu Jayasuriya.
- Which among the following has been rated as theworld’s best airlinein a survey by the Travel + Leisure (T+L) magazine?
Answer – 5.Singapore Airlines
Every year for the ‘World’s Best Awards’ survey, T+L asks readers to give feedback on their travel experiences around the globe. In this survey, readers share their opinions on the top cities, islands, cruise ships, spas, airlines, and more. The ‘Top 10 International Airlines’ list has been compiled on basis of this survey. This year’s list has been topped by Singapore Airlines. It has been rated No. 1 airlines for all 22 years of the World’s Best survey. Singapore Airlines is followed by Emirates and Qatar Airways, which ranked 2 and 3, respectively.
- Which company has developed India’s first Bio-CNG (bio-methane) bus which was unveiled recently at a bio-energy programme, ‘Urja Utsav’?
2.Mahindra & Mahindra
Answer – 1.Tata Motors
At the Urja Utsav held in Pune’s Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex, Tata Motors displayed three engines, along with the lead model — Tata LPO 1613 with 5.7 SGI NA BS-IV IOBD-II compliant bus.
- Who among the following has been sworn in as new chief justice of Nepal?
1.Jivan Lal Bhandari
2.Gopal Prasad Parajuli
4.Raj Nath Deuba
Answer – 2.Gopal Prasad Parajuli
Gopal Prasad Parajuli who has been recently sworn in as Nepal’s new chief justice has pledged to make justice delivery fast and less expensive in the country. Parajuli, 61, was administered the oath of office by President Bidya Devi Bhandari at Nepal’s Rastrapati Bhawan in Sheetal Niwas.
- On July 17, 2017, who among the following took oath as members of the Lok Sabha?
1.Farooq Abdullah and PK Kunhalikutty
2.Farooq Abdullah and LK Qadri
3.LK Qadri and PK Kunhalikutty
4.Majid Sheikh and PK Kunhalikutty
5.Farooq Abdullah and Majid Sheikh
Answer – 1.Farooq Abdullah and Kunhalikutty
National Conference leader and former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah and Indian Union Muslim League leader PK Kunhalikuttyon took oath as members of the Lok Sabha on July 17, 2017. Abdullah won the by-poll from the Srinagar-Budgam parliamentary constituency. Kunhalikutty, who took oath in English, won the Malappuram by-poll in Kerala.
- Scientists from which university have developed super-stretchy and strong artificial silk, composed almost entirely of water, which may be used to make eco-friendly textiles and sensors?
1.University of Beijing
2.University of Sydney
3.University of Stanford
4.University of Cambridge
5.University of Sydney
Answer – 4.University of Cambridge
The artificial silk fibres, which resemble miniature bungee cords as they can absorb large amounts of energy, are sustainable, non-toxic and can be made at room temperature. The fibres are spun from a soupy material called a hydrogel, which is 98% water.
- Scientists from the Geological Survey of India (GSI) have discovered the presence of millions of tonnes of which marine resource deep under the waters that surround peninsular India?
2.Phosphate-rich and calcareous sediments
5.All of the above
Answer – 5.All of the above
Scientists from the Geological Survey of India (GSI) have discovered the presence of millions of tonnes of precious metals and minerals deep under the waters that surround peninsular India. Marine resources that have been identified comprise lime mud, phosphate-rich and calcareous sediments, hydrocarbons, metalliferous deposits and micronodules.
- Who among the following has won Wimbledon Championships 2017 in Men’s Singles category?
Answer – 2.Roger Federer
Roger Federer of Switzerland became the first man to win Wimbledon eight times and extended his record to 19 Grand Slam titles with victory over Croatia’s Marin Cilic in Men’s Singles Finals at Wimbledon. At 35 years and 11 months, Roger Federer has become oldest Wimbledon male champion in the Open era (since 1968).
- Who among the following Formula 1 Driver has won his fourth successive British Grand Prix for a record-equalling fifth time at the Silvers tone on July 16, 2017?
5.Valtteri Viktor Bottas
Answer – 2.Lewis Hamilton
With the win, Hamilton equals Jim Clark and Alain Prost record with five British GP career wins. Mercedes team mate Valtteri Bottas finished in second place. Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen finished at the third spot followed by Red Bull’s Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo.
- India bagged how many medals in the just-concluded Asian Cadet Judo Championship in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan?
Answer – 1.Three medals
India bagged three medals, including a gold in the just-concluded Asian Cadet Judo Championship in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Thangjam Tababi Devi of Manipur won the Gold Medal for India in the girl’s below 44kg weight category, while Haryana’s Simran clinched a bronze in the girl’s below 40kg division.
- Who among the following has won National Masters snooker title?
Answer – 1.H Manudev
H Manudev from Karnataka won the first National Masters snooker tournament title in Chennai on July 16, 2017. He defeated former Asian champion, Alok Kumar. Manudev, Alok, Chirag Ramakrishnan and Rafath Habib have qualified for the World Six-Red and Team Championship Snooker to be held in Egypt.
- The first ever Kargil International Marathon, __________ concluded on July 17, 2017 with more than 800 runners from all over the world participating in the event.
1.‘Run for Jawans’
2.‘Run for Country’
3.‘Run for Border’
4.‘Run for Sarhad’
5.‘Run for Soldiers’
Answer – 4.‘Run for Sarhad’
People of all ages participated in the 160, 120, 60, 40, 20 and 10 kilometers races.
The marathon was organised by Sarhad Pune, Run Buddies, SEWAK, All Kargil Tour and Travel Association, SEMOK etc, with support from LAHDC Kargil and Indian Army.
- Who among the following has won India’s first silver medal at the IAAF World U18 Championships?
Answer – 3.Damneet Singh
Indian youngster Damneet Singh has won the India’s first silver medal at the IAAF World U18 Championships. He has won in the boys’ hammer throw category. The IAAF World U18 Championships is being held in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Martin Landau, who passed away on July 15, 2107, was:
1.American Baseball Player
5.American Basketball Player
Answer – 3.American Actor
Martin Landau, 89, a character actor who starred in the 1960s television show “Mission: Impossible” and won an Oscar for playing Bela Lugosi in the movie “Ed Wood,” passed away on July 15, 2017
- Who among the following has compiled the book ‘Future of Indian Universities: Comparative and International Perspectives’?
1.Prof. Sudhanshu Jain
2.Prof. Harshvardhan Patil
3.Prof. C Raj Kumar
4.Prof. Romila Lodha
5.Prof. Hari Prasad
Answer – 3.Prof. C Raj Kumar
President of India, Pranab Mukherjee received the first copy of the book ‘Future of Indian Universities: Comparative and International Perspectives’ at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on July 17, 2017). He will receive the first copy of this book from Nobel Laureate Professor Amartya Sen. The book has been complied by Professor (Dr.) C. Raj Kumar, Vice Chancellor of JGU University and is published by Oxford University Press.
- ‘International Justice Day’, is celebrated on which date every year?
Answer – 2.17th July
International Justice Day is an international day celebrated throughout the world on July 17 as part of an effort to recognize the emerging system of international criminal justice. July 17 was chosen because it is the anniversary of the adoption of the Rome Statute, the treaty that created the International Criminal Court.
- Who among the following has won Wimbledon Championships 2017 in Women’s Singles Category?
Answer – 1.Garbine Muguruza
Garbine Muguruza of Spain has won Wimbledon Championships 2017 in Women’s Singles Category. This is her first Wimbledon title. She defeated Venus Williams of US in the finals by 7-5, 6-0.
- _______ edition of the Wimbledon Championships tennis tournament took place at All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom from 3rd – 16th July 2017.
Answer – 3.131st edition
131st edition of the Wimbledon Championships tennis tournament took place at All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom from 3rd – 16th July 2017. For the year 2017, the total prize money pool was Great British Pound 31600000.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.