Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Who was sworn in as the 10th Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh marking the culmination of fast-paced political developments in the State?
Ans: D.Pema Khandu
The 37-year-old Pema who became the youngest Chief Minister in the country, and Mein were administered the oath by Governor Tathagata Roy at the Rajbhavan in Itanagar. Ahead of the scheduled floor test in the Assembly the Congress Legislature Party elected Pema Khandu, in place of Nabam Tuki, who was restored as Chief Minister earlier this week after the apex court verdict.
- What is launched by the Union Commerce Ministry for online purchase of goods and services by various central government ministries?
Union Commerce Ministry has launched an e-marketplace for online purchase of goods and services by various central government ministries and departments that will help aggregate demand also lead to lower prices, better choices and faster procurement. The move is aimed at passing in more transparency and streamlining the government procurement of goods and services.
- What is the name of India’s first multi-city marathon was flagged off by Sports Minister Vijay Goel?
A.The Bharat Marathon Run
B.The Marvel India Run
C.The Great India Run
D.The Great Marathon Run
Ans: C.The Great India Run
India’s first multi-city marathon The Great India Run was flagged off by Sports Minister Vijay Goel, Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju and former World Championship bronze medallist Anju Bobby George at the at the Amar Jawan Jyoti India Gate in New Delhi.
- Which state is mulling to tap non-resident Kannadigas to set up start-ups and technology units in its revised start-up policy?
Karnataka is mulling to tap non-resident Kannadigas to set up start-ups and technology units in its revised start-up policy, reflecting the efforts by rival states Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The state capital is India’s start-up hub, with nearly a third of new firms being set up in the city
- What is the name of live interactive programme which is launched by the Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to make directly engaging with the Delhiites?
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched a live interactive programme named TalkToAK, to make directly engaging with the Delhiites. The first programme lasted for two hours, in which the Chief Minister answered a wide-ranging questions based on education, youth and city administration.
- Who is newly appointed as a Chief Operating Officer of HCL Technologies Ltd.?
A.C. Vikram Kumar
B.C. Ajay Kumar
C.C. Harish Kumar
D.C. Vijay Kumar
Ans: D.C. Vijay Kumar
IT services company HCL Technologies Ltd on July 16 said its president, infrastructure services, C. Vijay Kumar will take on additional responsibility as chief operating officer. A role of Chief Operating Officer has been established to accelerate growth in the core business. C Vijay Kumar, currently President, Infrastructure Services will take on this additional responsibility and continue to report to Anant Gupta, President & CEO.
- In which place, the Mumbai based BSE is planning to trade currency, metals and energy at its upcoming international commodity exchange called Gift City?
Ans: D.Gandhi Nagar
The Mumbai based BSE is planning to trade currency, metals and energy at its upcoming international commodity exchange at the International Finance Tec-City (Gift City) which will power the global growth story for the Indian Banking Financial Services (BFSI) sector in Gandhinagar. The exchange is in process will be a trading platform for globally traded things like energy, currency and metals etc.
- Which company to set up a bus assembly plant in Kenya with an investment of Rs 70 crore as part of its global expansion plans?
Ans: B.Ashok Leyland
Hinduja Group’s Ashok Leyland to set up a bus assembly plant in Kenya with an investment of Rs 70 crore as part of its global expansion plans. This plant will have an annual capacity of 1,200 buses. The plant will begin this quarter itself in Kenya will serve at least three neighboring countries, besides catering to local demand
- What is the name of the humanoid robot was designed collaboratively by the research firm SRI International and Georgia Tech’s Advanced Mechanical Bipedal Experimental Robotics (AMBER) Lab?
US Scientists have developed a new robot that can imitates the walking motion of humans, making it more energy-efficient and better at navigating uneven terrain.The bipedal robot- with human sized feet fastened up in a pair of sneakers steps with a heel-toe motion that copies human locomotion more closely than flat-footed robot walkers can.
- Which Indian Pro boxer clinched the WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title with a dominating win over former WBC European champion Kerry Hope in New Delhi?
Ans: C.Vijender Singh
Indian Pro boxer Vijender Singh clinched the WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title with a dominating win over former WBC European champion Kerry Hope in New Delhi. Vijender took all 10 rounds to systematically dismantle the Australian and record his seventh straight win in the circuit, a year after turning professional.
- In which place, Indian football team has reached the progress comes after two successive win over Laos in the AFC Asian Cup qualification playoffs?
Indian football team has climbed 11 places in the latest FIFA rankings and reached 152nd spot. This progress comes after two successive win over Laos in the AFC Asian Cup qualification playoffs. The Ranking is topped by Argentina in fact, India is the fourth best positive mover among the Asian countries..