AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 15 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 15, 2018, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) constituted a 10 Member Committee to review Companies Act 2013. The committee is headed by the Secretary of Ministry of Corporate Affairs _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Injeti Srinivas
The committee is headed by the Secretary and will have 8 members and 1 member secretary. They would examine the nature of all ‘acts’ having fine and or imprisonment and whether they can be considered ‘civil wrongs’. They would decide if the non-compoundable act under the Companies Act 2013 can be made compoundable. This decriminalization would help the trial courts to focus on serious offences. They would also take necessary steps in formulation of draft changes in the law.
- On July 15, 2018, which country will head the Asia Pacific Region of World Customs Organisation (WCO) for two years as its Vice Chair from July, 2018 to June, 2020?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.India
This will be attended by the Customs delegations of 33 countries of the Asia-Pacific Region, Customs officers from different Ports in India and Partner Government Agencies. The Secretary General of WCO, Mr Kuniyo Mikuriya will deliver the Key Note Address on this event. The underlying Theme of the Inaugural Ceremony is “Customs – Fostering Trade Facilitation”. A Seminar on Cross Border Trade through e-commerce and the role of Customs administration will take place.
- On July 13, 2018, where was the 2nd National Tourism Conclave organised by Elets held?
3.Leh, Jammu and Kashmir
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Jaipur, Rajasthan
On July 13, 2018, The tourism department of Rajasthan announced that The 2nd National Tourism Conclave was organised in Jaipur. This is the second National Tourism Conclave organised by Elets. The first such Conclave was organised in Chandigarh in 2017. In this conclave many foreign ambassadors were present. They include: J Goburdhun, High Commissioner of the Republic of Mauritius to India, Dato’ Hidayat Abdul Hamid, High Commissioner of Malaysia, and Nikolay Rishatovich Kudashev, Ambassador of Russia. To boost the tourism sector in the state, the tourism budget is being enhanced and intra-air connectivity is being improved.
- On July 15, 2018, ‘Sulabh Jal’, the first of world’s cheapest drinking water project was launched by Sulabh International in Darbhanga district, of which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bihar
The ‘Sulabh Jal’ project converts contaminated pond and river water into safe drinking water. The water purification process has a capacity to purify 8,000 litres of water per day at nominal cost. The cost of the project is around Rs 20 lakhs. With this people will get pure and clean water only in 50paisa/litre.
- The Education Department of which state launched ‘I am not afraid of English’ initiative from Class 1 in the state’s primary schools, on July 15, 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Haryana
A booklet containing 1,000 sentences/phrases (200 sentences per grade for all the five grades) has been prepared at the primary level of schooling. One JBT (junior basic teacher) and one BRP (Block Resource Person) per block has been trained. Students learn one sentence every day (minimum 20 per month for 10 months) in each class. Six language labs have been established in selected model Sanskriti schools in the state to improve listening and speaking skills.
- On July 12,2018, State Bank of India (SBI) and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) have joined hands to provide collateral-free credit in which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Telangana
The Mou was signed with seven NGOs from Nizamabad, Medak and Warangal districts, for the promotion and credit linkage of the JLGs. The tripartite agreement was signed by Swaminathan J, CGM, SBI, and P Radhakrishnan, CGM, Nabard. This was given through 2000 Joint Liability Groups in the state. Through this agreement NABARD will assist the NGOs to nurture and handholding of the JLGs to help tenant farmers, share croppers etc.
- On July 15, 2018, Militaries of India and Pakistan will be part of a mega anti-terror drill in _____ in August which is being organized by the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Russia
The name of the drill is : “Peace Mission”. The exercise is scheduled from August 20-29 at Chelyabinsk city in west-central Russia. From India 200 Army and Air Force personnel will participate. Other SCO member countries joining the exercise are: Russia, China, Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- On July 15, 2018, a report from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) stated, India’s economic growth will rise to ____ % in 2018 and ____ % in 2019?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.7.4, 7.5
On July 15, 2018, a report from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), India’s economic growth will rise to 7.4% in 2018 and 7.5% in 2019. This growth is due to the measures like demonetization and GST. Although issues related to banks’ non-performing assets (NPAs) will require attention. China’s GDP growth is projected to moderate to 6.7% in 2018 and to 6.4% in 2019. It is way past the government’s target of 6.4%.
- On July 15, 2018, The University of Houston and which Indian university signed an MOU on mutual collaboration on various fields?
1.Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE)
2.Indian Institute of Metallurgy (IIME)
3.Indian Institute of Mines and Coal Engineering (IIMC)
4.Indian Institute of Ocean Sciences (IIOS)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE)
The agreement covers collaboration in the following ways:
• In areas such as faculty exchanges, especially in subsea engineering, offshore and onshore petroleum engineering, process controlsystems and process safety in all chemical engineering fields and non-conventional energy areas.
• Joint academic event and activities, including short courses, seminars, workshops and/or conferences.
- Name the 8 year old Indian origin school boy who has been named the “British Indian of the Year” for his achievements in Yoga?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ishwar Sharma
Ishwar Sharma is 8 years old. He is an Indian-origin school kid. He is the under-11 UK national yoga champion. He has bagged various titles in individual and artistic yoga. He has won gold medal representing Great Britain at the World Student Games 2018 held in Winnipeg, Canada, in June 2018. He is studying at St Michaels Preparatory School in Kent. He was named British Indian of the Year in the Young Achiever category at the 6th annual awards ceremony held in Birmingham recently. He had also won a gold medal at the Euro Asian Yoga Championships in Turkey in May 2018.
- Who was presented the Special Jury ‘NRI of the Year Award’ at the 5th edition of Times NOW & ICICI Bank NRI of the Year Awards 2018, in Mumbai?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Prem Watsa
Also, Indian football team captain Sunil Chhetri was awarded the ‘Global Indian Icon’ award. The NRI of the Year Awards honours global Indians who have achieved a mark for themselves worldwide. Kiren Rijiju, minister of state for home affairs, was the chief guest of the event. Times Now and ICICI Bank NRI of the Year Awards was powered by Global Indian International School (GIIS). Ernst & Young, professional services firm, is the process adviser for the awards.
- On 13th July 2018, Haryana Governor _____ was handed the additional charge of Himachal Pradesh by President Ram Nath Kovind?
1.Kaptan Singh Solanki
2.N N Vohra
3.Kesari Nath Tripathi
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kaptan Singh Solanki
Kaptan Singh Solanki will perform the functions of the Governor of Himachal Pradesh, in addition to his own duties during the absence of Himachal Governor Acharya Devvrat. Acharya Devvrat is on leave. This was mentioned in an official order.
- On 14th July 2018, which Indian cricketer became the fourth Indian to achieve the mark of 10,000 runs in ODIs, during the second match of the three-game series against England, at Lord’s cricket ground in London?
1.Mahendra Singh Dhoni
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is 37 year old. He is a former India cricket captain. He has reached the milestone of scoring 10,000 runs in ODIs after three other Indian batsmen: Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid. Mahendra Singh Dhoni is now placed 12th in the list of all-time highest run-scorers in ODIs. Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara is the only wicketkeeper-batsman who has found a place in the list with 14,234 runs. He is the second highest run scorer in ODIs behind Sachin Tendulkar.
- On 15th July 2018, M.N. Vyasa Rao died following a cardiac arrest at his home in Bengaluru. He was a ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.poet
M.N. Vyasa Rao was 73 years old. He was a bank employee by profession. In 1975, he entered Kannada film industry as a lyricist in the film Shubhamangala. His other poems are also known as ‘bhaavageetes’ (light music). He was also a novelist. He had written various detective and literary novels and short stories in Kannada. He had also received Karnataka Rajya Sahitya Academy award for his short story collection “Maleyalli Neneda Maragalu”.
- When was World Youth Skills Day celebrated all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.July 15
The United Nations General Assembly declared 15 July as World Youth Skills Day to create awareness on the importance of investing in youth skills development. Youngsters are nearly three times more likely to be unemployed than adults. Women are more likely to be underemployed and under-paid, and to do part-time jobs or work under temporary contracts. Thus education and training are considered important determinants of success in the employment sector.
- On 15th July 2018, Bhushan Steel Ltd, acquired by Tata Steel, said that its board of directors has approved the appointment of ______ as chairman and non-executive additional director of the company?
1.T V Narendran
4.Ananth Kumar Saini
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.T V Narendran
Narendran, CEO and MD of Tata Steel, has more than 30 years of experience in metal and mining industry. A new management team has been put into place at Bhushan Steel Ltd after it was acquired by Tata Steel Ltd through India’s new insolvency and bankruptcy process.
- Who has been selected for this year’s Sangita Kalanidhi Award, instituted by the Music Academy, Chennai?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Aruna Sairam
Prominent Carnatic vocalist Aruna Sairam has been selected for this year’s Sangita Kalanidhi Award, instituted by the Music Academy, Chennai. The executive committee of the academy met on July 15 and unanimously selected her for the award, said academy president N. Murali.
- The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) has praised which bank for its effective communications strategy?
1.State Bank of India (SBI)
2.Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
The RBI has been praised by the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), for its effective communications strategy. The RBI has been applauded by the BIS, which calls itself ‘a bank for central banks’, for effectively using a targeted communication strategy for reaching out to the right audience in “short and simplified” language. In its latest annual economic report, Basel-based BIS, which is owned by 60 central banks from across the world including the Reserve Bank of India, has said that effective communication is critical for success, as in many other policymaking areas.
- In a first of its kind initiative, which state government will appoint girls as a district Brand Ambassador who have recorded significant achievements in any field under the Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao scheme?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Madhya Pradesh
In Madhya Pradesh, in a first of its kind initiative, the state govt will appoint girls as a district Brand Ambassador who have recorded significant achievements in any field under the Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao scheme.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the tag line of ICICI Bank?Hum Hai Na, Khyal Apka
- Where is Bellandur Lake located?Karnataka
- Name the Secretary General and headquarters of Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)?Secretary General – Jose Angel Gurria, Headquarters – Paris, France
- Who is the Secretary General of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) headquartered in Beijing, China?Rashid Alimov
- Where is Valmiki Tiger Reserve located?Bihar