AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 15 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which among the following airport has ranked first in Customer Satisfaction Index Survey among 49 airports in India?
1.Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi
2.Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur
3.Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport, Indore
4.Sri Venkateswara Airport, Tirupati
5.Lengpui Airport, Aizawl
Answer -2.Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur
Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, has ranked first in Customer Satisfaction Index Survey among 49 airports in India. Raipur Airport has scored highest, 4.84 on a five point scale index in the latest Customer Satisfaction Index Survey conducted by an independent agency for the period of January-June 2017.
- On July 14, 2017, who among the following were appointed as members of the Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT), the apex policy- making body of the Income Tax department?
1.Arbind Modi and Bajrang Dass Vishnoi
2.Arbind Modi and Rakesh Nath Yadav
3.Rakesh Nath Yadav and Bajrang Dass Vishnoi
4.Sachin Shroff and Bajrang Dass Vishnoi
5.Arbind Modi and Sachin Shroff
Answer – 1.Arbind Modi and Bajrang Dass Vishnoi
On Jul 14, 2017, senior bureaucrats Arbind Modi and Bajrang Dass Vishnoi were appointed as members of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the apex policy- making body of the Income Tax department. Both of them are 1981-batch officers of Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre). They will hold the office till the date of their superannuation.
- On July 15, 2017, Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated 212th meeting of Indian Road Congress (IRC) in:
Answer – 1.Udaipur
The Indian Road Congress is the apex body of highway engineers in the country. During his visit to Udaipur, Mr. Gadkari also attended a discussion by Udaipur chamber of commerce on economic growth of Rajasthan for development of roads and infrastructure.
- The Haryana government has decided to set up a modern ornamental fish hatchery in which district at a cost of Rs 13.68 crore?
Answer – 4.Jhajjar district
This will be the first-of-its-kind project in the country. It has been proposed that 16,000 acres of water-logged land in district Jhajjar and Charkhi Dadri be developed for fish farming so as to generate a new source of income for the farmers.
- On July 14, 2017, which State Government signed a MoU with Union Ministry of Civil Aviation for promoting regional air connectivity in the state?
Answer – 5.Bihar
On July 14, 2017, a MoU was signed in presence of Union Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapati Raju and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for promoting regional air connectivity in Bihar. Under regional connectivity Purnea, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Saharsa and Valmikinagar have been chosen in Bihar.
- 8th meeting of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Ministers of Law and Order (Interior/Home Affairs)was held from 11th – 13th July, 2017 in:
1.Colombo, Sri Lanka
3.New Delhi, India
Answer – 1.Colombo, Sri Lanka
This year’s meeting was organized by the Sri Lankan Ministry of Law, Order and Southern Development in collaboration with the Sri Lankan Ministry of Internal Affairs, Wayamba Development and Cultural Affairs. The meeting held discussions on a wide range of issues related to SAARC countries including the development and implementation of SAARC Visa Exemption Stickers Scheme in order to ease visa processing for citizens of member nations while travelling within SAARC countries.
- The US House of Representatives has passed a $ ______ billion defence policy bill that proposes to advance defence cooperation with India.
Answer – 2.$621.5 billion
The India-related amendment passed by the House requires the Secretary of Defence, in consultation with the Secretary of State, to develop a strategy for advancing defence cooperation between the United States and India.
- The world’s first centre for breeding Saola, a critically endangered hoofed mammal, is being constructed in which Asian country?
Answer – 3.Vietnam
The centre in Bach Ma National Park in Thua Thien Hue province of Vietnam will open in 2018 as a joint effort by the Saola World Working Group and the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.
- As per a new study by global research firm Ipsos, which two brands have been rated among the top 10 most influential brands in India?
1.Parle and Reliance Jio
2.LIC of India and Reliance Jio
3.Patanjali and Parle
4.Patanjali and Reliance Jio
5.Patanjali and LIC of India
Answer – 4.Patanjali and Reliance Jio
Search engine Google has been ranked at the No 1 slot, Microsoft and Facebook are at number two and three respectively. Patanjali and Jio have entered the top 10 ranking at fourth and ninth place respectively. Both these brands made an impressive entry as they did not figure in the previous edition of the study.
- Aarthi Subramanian has been appointed as the Chief Digital Officer of:
3.Aditya Birla Group
5.Larsen & Toubro
Answer – 2.Tata Sons
Aarthi Subramanian, who is currently the Executive Director at Tata Consultancy Services will report to Chairman of Tata Sons N Chandrasekaran and will take up her new role in August 2018. She brings with her over 26 years of experience in the global technology sector.
- Who among the following has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to Montserrat, with residence in Port of Spain?
Answer – 3.Bishwadip Dey
On July 14, 2017, Mr. Bishwadip Dey, who was High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, has been recognized as the next High Commissioner of India to Montserrat, with residence in Port of Spain. He is expected to take up his assignment shortly.
- Who among the following has been appointed as UNICEF’s newest Global Goodwill Ambassador?
Answer – 4.Lilly Singh
UNICEF has appointed Indian-origin Canadian YouTube star Lilly Singh as its newest Global Goodwill Ambassador. As the UNICEF ambassador, Lilly, who has around 11.9 million subscribers on the video sharing website, will use her channel to showcase the organisation’s work and urge millions of her followers to work for children’s rights.
- On July 14, 2017, Russian Soyuz Rocket lifted off from Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan and deployed ____ satellites into three different orbits.
Answer – 3.73 satellites
On July 14, 2017, Russian Soyuz Rocket lifted off from Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan and deployed 73 satellites into three different orbits. The satellites were launched by Glavkosmos, a subsidiary of the Russian space agency, Roscosmos.
- Indian Railways has launched an integrated mobile application to cater to various passenger requirements, including ticket booking, inquiry, on-board cleaning and ordering meal on a single platform. This app is called:
Answer – 1.’Rail SAARTHI’
Rail SAARTHI (synergised advanced application rail travel help and information) offers services pertaining to safety for women, complaint facility and suggestion for improvement. One can also book air ticket through the app and give feedback.
- Which former Pakistani Cricketer has been recently honoured with Honorary Life Membership by the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)?
Answer – 3.Misbah-ul-Haq
The 43-year-old Misbah is the 22nd Pakistani to receive the honour and joins the likes of Zaheer Abbas, Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and Javed Miandad. The last Pakistani to receive the honour was Ramiz Raja, who was awarded membership in 2015.
- On July 15, 2017, who among the following released a coffee table book on ‘Ganga Avahan’, a 2,800 km exploratory open-water swim expedition on the Ganga river?
1.President Pranab Mukherjee
2.Vice President Hamid Ansari
3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
4.Defence Minister Arun Jaitley
5.Home Minister Rajnath Singh
Answer – 4.Defence Minister Arun Jaitley
On July 15, 2017, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley released a coffee table book on ‘Ganga Avahan’, a 2,800 km exploratory open-water swim expedition on the Ganga river. The book – “Ganga Avahan – The Epic Tale of a Historic Swim”, is on the first-ever human effort to swim down the entire stretch of the river. It is also the longest ever social campaign undertaken through an adventure sporting activity for the Swachh Bharat Mission, Clean Ganga project and Beti Bachao Beti Padhao initiative.
- What was the theme of ‘World Youth Skill Day’ 2017, observed on July 15 every year?
1.’Skills for the future of Work’
2.’Skills Inculcation for Sustainable Development’
3.’Skills Inculcation for Inclusive Growth’
4.’Skills for MSME Sector’
5.’Skills for Socio-Economic Growth’
Answer – 1.’Skills for the future of Work’
Every year World Youth Skills Day is celebrated all over the world to raise awareness about the issue of unemployment among youth. The United Nations General Assembly in November 2014, declared 15th July as World Youth Skills Day.
- Who among the following has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to Niue, with residence in Wellington, New Zealand?
Answer – 1.Sanjiv Kohli
Sanjiv Kohli has been concurrently recognized as the next High Commissioner of India to Niue on 14th of July 2017. Sanjiv Kohli is presently High Commissioner of India to New Zealand. Kohli, an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of the 1988 batch, is expected to take up his assignment shortly.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.