Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In which place, the Union government has set to extend support to the country’s first smart grid project?
Ans: C.Gurgaon, Haryana
The Union government has set to extend support to the country’s first smart grid project to be set up at Gurgaon in Haryana under UDAY, The state has been a performing state under the debt restructuring programme for state-owned power distribution companies. The maiden phase of the smart grid project centre would extend a grant of Rs 273 crore to the Haryana. The assistance to Haryana would be given from the Power System Development Fund (PSDF) for Rs 7,000-crore project, the first phase of which would cost Rs 1,382 crore.
- Which government signed a MoU with Bangkok-based Asian Disaster Preparedness Centre (ADPC) to implement the Roadmap for Disaster Risk Reduction?
The ADPC centre will deliver technical assistance to implement the Roadmap for Disaster Risk Reduction in Bihar (2015-30). One of the targets of the roadmap is bring down the loss of human lives in natural disasters by 75 per cent within 2030 in comparison to the current data.
- For which country’s capital visit, Prime Minister Narendra Modi to made a bilateral relationship?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a historic Five day visit to the Four African Capital. Countries in order to fortify the bilateral relationship with the developing African Countries. The Following countries were visited by Modi in the last five days From 7th July to 11th July.
- Which company is planning to raise about Rs.3,000 crore by issuing the first unrated Synthetic Indian Rupee (INR) Notes to overseas investors?
Ans: D.HDFC Ltd
Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) Ltd is planning to raise about Rs.3,000 crore by issuing the first unrated Synthetic Indian Rupee (INR) Notes to overseas investors. It is the first Indian public issuer of the Synthetic INR Notes. Our country’s largest private sector mortgage lender HDFC, plans to raise Rs 3,000 crore through these synthetic bonds.
- Which allows mutual fund investors to make transactions through various modes of payments has been unveiled by the leading Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)?
Ans: D.Paperless SIP
These investment plans also allows MF distributors to register SIPs for their clients, who can pay SIP amounts through different modes. As per this Paperless SIP facility once the SIP has been registered, the investors would receive an e-mail for all the payment modes, including direct pay, nodal account, one time mandate and cheque.
- Which state’s forest dept. has set a world record for orchestrating the largest state-wide plantation drive in 24 hours mission to plant 5 crore saplings?
Ans: C.Uttar Pradesh
The drive was kicked off by Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav in Lucknow where he planted eight trees and CM Akilesh Yadav also paid a visit to the command centre to monitor the drive. Also the state claimed it had achieved the target and planted 5.01 crore saplings across the state. UP’s official entry into the Guinness Book of World Records, however, will only be announced once the record keeping team verifies the claims, a process that is expected to take up to two months.
- Who is conferred with the 51st Jnanpith Award is one of the highest Indian literary awards presented by the President of India?
Ans: A.Raghuveer Chaudhari
For this year 2016, the 51st Jnanpith Award to the famous writer, Dr. Raghuveer Chaudhari from Gujarat at a function held at Parliament Library Building in New Delhi. The Jnanpith Award is one of the highest Indian literary awards presented every year by the Bharatiya Jnanpith and is given to an author for their work in “outstanding contribution towards literature”.
- Who has appointed as chairman-cum-managing director of the Jute Corporation of India Limited with the effect from this month beginning ?
A.Vijay Kumar Arora
B.John G. Rice
C.Brijendra Kumar Mishra
D.K V R Murthy
Ans: D.K V R Murthy
K V R Murthy has been appointed as chairman-cum-managing director of the Jute Corporation of India Limited with the effect from this month beginning. The appointment is valid for a period of five years or till the date of his superannuation, whichever is earlier. Prior to this appointment Murthy was earlier associated with Eastern Railways in the capacity of Chief Commercial Manager.
- Who is sworn-in as acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh during the leave of absence of incumbent Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa?
Ans: C.Tathagata Roy
Governor of Tripura Tathagata Roy was took charge as the acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh. He has been given the additional charge of Governor of Arunachal Pradesh during the leave of absence of incumbent Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa. The Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court Ajit Singh had overseen the oath of office to Tathagata Roy as per the provisions of Article 159 of Constitution of India.
- Which online shopping has acquired Bangalore-based Cubeit to gain access to its employees also to expand its technology team?
Myntra, which was acquired by Flipkart for about $330 million in 2014, has bought two technology start-ups previously. Myntra acquired Bangalore-based app development company Native5 last year. In 2013 the company also acquired San Francisco-based start-up Fitiquette. The Bengaluru headquartered Cubeit, which was founded by Sarthak Jain, Nithinkumar Gadiparthi and Prathamesh Juvatkar allows users to aggregate, organise and share content.
- What is newly created by Nano technologists at Tel Aviv University that can read emotions and also can improve muscle control of amputees and patients with brain injuries?
Ans: D.Electronic tattoo
The tattoo consists nanotechnology-based conductive polymer coating that increases the carbon electrode’s performance. It archives a strong, steady signal for hours on end without irritating the skin. The electrode, developed by Yael Hanein of Tel Aviv University in Israel, may develop the therapeutic restoration of injured nerves and tissue.
- Who is named as the captain of the national team for the Rio Olympics by the Indian Hockey Federation?
Ans: D.PR Sreejesh
The Kerala hailed Sreejesh, one of the finest keepers in world hockey at the moment, was rewarded after the team, under his leadership, ended up with a silver medal at the Champions Trophy in London. In the string of moves playmaker SV Sunil, who is also a key player in the side, has been named vice-captain. He was Sreejesh’s deputy in the Champions Trophy.
- Which date is observed as Malala Day to raise awareness and to help girls get their right to education?
Ans: C.July 12
Malala Day celebrated on July 12 to raise awareness and to help girls get their right to education. Malala Yousafzai is a global symbol of every girl’s right to an education. Upon her recognition for bravery and in honour of her heroic stand to ensure education for all, the United Nations in 2013 declared that the day will be annually observed as Malala Day worldwide.