Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which programme is launched by the Meghalaya Governor V.Shanmuganathan in the East Khasi Hills District of Meghalaya?
Meghalaya Governor V.Shanmuganathan inaugurated the launch of Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) in the East Khasi Hills District of Meghalaya at a programme organized by the office of the District Medical & Health Officer, East Khasi Hills District, under the aegis of the National Health Mission.
- In which place, Auto Ingress, Manufacturing Company of automatic sensor doors has set up its first assembly unit with an investment of about Rs 12 crore?
D.Trivandrum, KeralaAns: B.Chennai, Tamilnadu
The unit will assemble sliding, swing, revolving, telescopic, hermetic doors and gate accessories serving both residential and commercial segments, a company statement read. The unit, set up at SIPCOT Industrial Park, is spread across 20,000 square feet and will produce automatic sensor doors priced between Rs 50,000 and Rs 3 lakh per unit.
- In which state, a seed processing unit will be set up to produce and procure high quality seeds for cultivation and generate employment in the state?
C.Jammu and Kashmir
D.OdishaAns: C.Jammu and Kashmir
The letter to effect this center has been issued by Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh to set up the first-ever modern and exclusive seed processing unit in Jammu and Kashmir will be set up at Kathua. Kathua is an important nucleus center of his parliamentary constituency and in the last two years, it is credited for having been bestowed with several “firsts” in the state.
- What is the name of largest annual international industrial trade fairs which is led by Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman?
D.AMALGAM 2016Ans: A.INNOPROM 2016
India is the partner country for ‘INNOPROM 2016’, one of the largest annual international industrial trade fairs of Russia. Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will led a delegation which comprises of over 110 Indian companies that will showcase their engineering prowess at a trade fair in Russia.
- What is the name of the reform bill along with H-1B would prevent Indian companies from hiring IT professionals which is introduced by the US?
D.L-1 VisaAns: D.L-1 Visa
A legislation, has been introduced to reform H-1B and L-1 Visa in the House of Representatives by a bipartisan group of US lawmakers. The bill, if passed, will have huge effect on Indian firms. The ‘H-1B and L-1 Visa Reform Act of 2016’ introduced by Democratic Congressman Bill Pascrell from New Jersey and Republican Dana Rohrabacher from California.
- Which President announced stationing of forces to bolster eastern flank of Nato, one of four new battalions, at Warsaw meeting?
A.Barack Obama, US
B.Abdul Hamid, Bangladesh
C.Bidhya Devi Bhandari, Nepal
D.Pranab Mukherjee, IndiaAns: A.Barack Obama, US
Barack Obama has announced the deployment of 1,000 more US troops to Poland to bolster NATO’s eastern flank, as he said US-European solidarity would not be affected by Brexit. The US president made the announcement at a NATO summit in Warsaw that he described as the “most important moment” for the alliance since the end of the cold war.
- In which network provider along with aircel for 4G spectrum deal to have cleared the Rs.3, 500 crore that is learnt by the Telecom ministry?
Airtel has entered into an agreement with Aircel to acquire rights to use 4G spectrum of Aircel in eight telecom circles for Rs.3,500 crore. These eight circles include Tamil Nadu, including Chennai, Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, West Bengal, Assam, the North-East, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.
- Who is appointed as acting Chief Secretary of Delhi in the absence of K. K. Sharma, who will remain on leave till July 25?
D.Nagarjun NarenAns: C.Ramesh Negi
Negi, who is Principal Secretary in Urban Development Department and is retiring this month end, has been given the charge. Negi has been specified the charge after getting the clearance of Lieutenant Governor Najeeb.
- Who has appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL)?
B.SARAT KUMAR ACHARYA
C.Dinesh K Sarraf
D.Sanjay GuptaAns: D.Sanjay Gupta
Gupta had been officiating as the CMD since November 24, 2015, after the retirement of B P Tayal. He was from the Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineering (IRSME) and worked as the Director (operations and commercial) from September 30, 2013.
- What is the bi-nodal agreement signed by The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) incorporates with IIT-Bombay and Madras?
The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) on Saturday signed an agreement with IIT-Bombay and Madras to establish a bi—nodal ‘Centre of Propulsion Technology’ (CoPT) at the two institutions. The agreement is aimed at achieving synergy between DRDO and IITs for channelizing research efforts towards developing products and aerospace technologies.
- What is the name of Spanish train which commenced its second phase trial from Mathura-Palwal at a speed of 120 km per hour?
D. Siemens VelaroAns: C.Talgo
Spanish made train Talgo commenced its second phase trial from Mathura at a speed of 120 km per hour. The train fitted with nine coaches covered 84 km distance in about 53 minutes. The trial between Mathura and Palwal will go on for 25 days and the speed will go up to 180 kmph this time.
- Which country’s navy conducted combat drills near its southern island province of Hainan and the Paracel islands on July 9?
The drills come ahead of a July 12 ruling by the Hague-based Permanent Court of Arbitration on a case brought by the Philippines disputing several of China‘s territory claims in the South China Sea. China claims nearly all the South China Sea, but its claims overlap in part with those of Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam.
- Who won a historic 22nd Grand Slam title defeating German professional tennis player Angelique Kerber by 7-5, 6-3 in the Wimbledon held at London?
D.Serena WilliamsAns: D.Serena Williams
Serena employed first strike tennis going for the big serves and groundstroke winners early. Williams ended up winning the shorter rallies 51-33. While Kerber did better as the rallies went longer winning the rally exchange 5 shots and over 27-21. It was William’s seventh Wimbledon title, she also promised to linger for longer than most.
- Which Indian women’s hockey team captain has dropped from the Rio Olympics squad owing to lack of performance and attitude problems?
D.Ritu RaniAns: D.Ritu Rani
Indian women’s hockey team captain Ritu Rani has been dropped from the Rio Olympics squad owing to lack of performance and attitude problems a senior member of the team management confirmed has left the ongoing national camp in Bangalore.
- Which Indian Wrestler along with Narsingh Yadav has bagged the silver and bronze medals in 74kg and 57kg respectively at the Spanish Grand Prix Wrestling championship held in Madrid?
D.Sushil KumarAns: C.Sandeep Tomar
In the 74kg category, Livan Lopez of Cuba and Zelimkhan Khadjiev of France won the gold and silver medal respectively. However in the 57kg category, Erdenebat Bekhbayar of Mongolia won the gold and Darthe Capellan of Canada and Levan Metreveli of Spain won the bronze medals.