Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which online portal is launched by the Railway Minister Suresh Prabu for redressal of matters related to grievances of currently serving and former railway employees?
Railway Minister proactively launched NIVARAN Portal, an online system for redressal of matters related to grievances of currently serving and former railway employees.
- For what programme World Bank along with International Alliance Cell signed a declaration in the presence of World Bank President Jim Yong Kim?
D.Nuclear PowerAns: C.Solar Energy
International Solar Alliance Cell and World Bank Signed Declaration for Promoting Solar Energy. World Bank President Jim Yong Kim is being invited to attend the meeting to sign declaration to boost solar energy globally.
- Which government is mulling to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Tata Power for obtaining 1,000 MW from the upcoming Dherand Thermal Project?
Power major Tata Power is constructing a 1,600 MW power plant at Dherand in Raigad district. Due to advancements in the Mumbai city by 2019 Mumbai would be facing a power shortage of 3,000 MW to meet the need it would help the state substantially.
- Which award is won by the India team at NASA’s Prestigious global competition to build and design remotely operated vehicles from scratch?
A.Excellent Team Award
B.Marvel Team Award
C.Team Management Award
D.Team Spirit AwardAns: D.Team Spirit Award
Indian Students Scientist team named Screwdrivers comprising 13 students, including four girls, has won the team spirit award in NASA’s prestigious global competition to build and design remotely operated vehicles from scratch.
- Who is appointed as London’s Deputy Mayor by the London’s first Muslim Mayor Sadiq Khan?
D.Rajesh AgarwalAns: D.Rajesh Agarwal
India-born Rajesh Agrawal appointed as London’s Deputy Mayor. London’s first Muslim Mayor Sadiq Khan has appointed India-born Rajesh Agrawal as the deputy mayor for business. Khan and Agrawal will work for championing London’s interests following the exit of Britain after the EU referendum, and protecting jobs and growth while the negotiation process for exit takes place.
- Which former Indian Cricket Team director has resigned from the International Cricket Council’s cricket committee?
D.Ravi ShastriAns: D.Ravi Shastri
Former Indian Cricket Team director Ravi Shastri resigned from the International Cricket Council’s cricket committee where he was a media representative for six years.
- Which ship is launched recently by the The Indian Navy at Raja Bagan, Kolkata dockyard to build small ships?
A.Air Jet Very Fast Attack Craft
B.Water Jet Medium Attack Craft
C.Air Jet Fast Attack Craft
D.Water Jet Fast Attack CraftAns: D.Water Jet Fast Attack Craft
The Water Jet vessel was launched in the waters by wife of chief of logistics, Vice-Admiral Jayant Korde, at Raja Bagan dockyard to build small ships. The fighter jet is capable of attack missions and is also used against smuggling and poaching activities.
- What is the name of Indo-Israel medium range surface-to-air missile which are test fired successfully at the coast of Odisha?
D.Barak 9Ans: C.Barak 8
India successfully blasted off twice a medium-range surface-to-air ballistic missile, developed in collaboration with Israel, from launch pad 3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur-on-sea in Balasore district off the coast of Odisha.
- What is the name of satellite is launched China for space research and experiments that was carried by Long March-4B rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center?
China launched its second Shijian-16 series satellite for space research and experiments that was carried by a Long March-4B rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in China. The first Chinese satellite, Shijian-16 was launched in 2013. The second series satellite will be used for space environment measurements and technology testing.
- Who is qualified for the women’s 400 metres category which is to be held in Rio Olympics 2016?
D.Laxmi Rani MajhiAns: C.Nirmala Sheoran
Nirmala Sheoran in the women’s 400 metres category has just clocked 51:48 seconds at the 56th National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships at Hyderabad’s G.M.C. Balayogi Stadium. This stadium become the first Indian female sprinter to make the cut for Rio Olympics 2016 in this event.
- Which Indian shuttler progressed up one place to occupy the fifth spot while P V Sindhu remained unchanged at 10th in the latest Badminton World Federation Rankings?
D.Saina NehwalAns: D.Saina Nehwal
Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal progressed up one place to occupy the fifth spot while P V Sindhu remained unchanged at 10th in the latest Badminton World Federation Rankings. Saina swapped places with Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara, who now occupies the sixth spot in the women’s singles list headed by Spain’s Carolina Marin.
- The famous author and co-writer of many books that depicts anxiety at the pace of social in 90’s who is died at the United states?Who is he?
D.Alvin TofflerAns: D.Alvin Toffler
Famous Author Alvin Toffler passed away in Los Angeles, United States. He was 87 year old. Toffler co-wrote many books with his largely uncredited wife, Heidi, who survives him and also authored Future Shock that outlines people’s anxiety at the pace of social change in the 1960s.
- Which date is observed as National Doctor’s Day in healthcare organizations to recognize the contributions of physicians to individual lives and communities?
D.July 1Ans: D.July 1
National Doctor’s Day is observed in healthcare organizations to recognize the contributions of physicians to individual lives and communities. The day also fulfills a need to show the doctors in our lives how important they are to us and how invaluable their treatments are that cure.