AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 January 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Where did Assam Rifles (military unit) has constructed a war memorial “Veer Samriti” in rememberance of 357 Army personnel, who died while fighting against insurgency against north-eastern state ?
5) New Delhi
On January 30,2020 Assam Rifles (military unit) has constructed a war memorial “Veer Samriti” in Nagaland, Kohima for 357 Army & Assam Rifles, died while fighting against insurgency against north-eastern state. The memorial has been built at Mokokchung, Nagaland (one of the cultural & intellectual center), which was planned & executed by Inspector General Assam Rifles (North), will be inaugurated soon.
- Which country is the focal theme country of the 44th edition of International Kolkata Book Fair 2020 (IKBF) held in Kolkata, West Bengal ?
5) United States (US)
On 28 January 2020 , The 44th edition of International Kolkata Book Fair 2020 (IKBF) has commenced at Central Park Mela Ground in SaltLake, Kolkata , West Bengal with Russia as a “Focal Theme Country”.
- Name the cab service, launched in Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA), Delhi to ensure safety of women .
1) Shakthi the power
2) Shakthi on force
3) Mitra Shakthi
4) Pink-Specially for women
5) Women with Wheels
Answer-5) Women with Wheels
‘Women with Wheels’ cab service was started at Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA), New Delhi. The service was initiated by ‘Sakha cabs’ for the safety of women.The taxis are operated by women drivers and the services are provided only to women or men with family.The cab had been installed with GPS(Global Positioning System) and panic button to help the women drivers & women passengers.Sakha Consulting wings also provide women cab service in Indore, Jaipur and Kolkata.
- What is the official Mascot of the 44th edition of International Kolkata Book Fair 2020 (IKBF) ?
Tyto, a category of bird species consisting of barn owls, grass owls and masked owls was selected as the official Mascot of the 44th edition of International Kolkata Book Fair 2020 (IKBF) for the 1st time.
- Name the Minister of Foreign & European Affairs of Luxembourg .
1) Jeannot Krecké
2) H.E. Mr. Jean Asselborn
3) Paul Helminger
4) Josy Barthel
5) Joseph Bech
Answer-2) H.E. Mr. Jean Asselborn
The Minister of Foreign & European Affairs of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg H.E. Mr. Jean Asselborn was on 2 day visit to India on January 27- 28, 2020.During his visit he met the External Affairs Minister (EAM) of India, Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar at Hyderabad House in New Delhi.Asselborn visited India for the 5th time & in current visit he visited Rajghat in Delhi to pay respects to Mahatma Gandhi. As part of the 150th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Luxembourg had also issued a special postage stamp.
- Who heads the Committee on Indian Academy of Highway Engineers (IAHE) that has submitted its report to the Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shri Nitin Gadkari ?
1) Rajgopal Sharma
3) ArunNarendhranath N
4) Vaibhav Dange
5) Yudhvir Singh Malik
Answer-5) Yudhvir Singh Malik
On January 28, 2020, The final report of the Committee on Indian Academy of Highway Engineers (IAHE) headed by Yudhvir Singh Malik has been submitted to the Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shri Nitin Gadkari. The report stresses to improve the present training infrastructure, content, training methodology & to create linkages with world-famous international institutes and undertake applied research & related works.
- Which district topped in the NITI Aayog ( National Institution for Transforming India) Aspirational Districts ranking for December 2019 ?
1) Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh
2) Chandauli, Uttar Pradesh
3) Balangir, Odisha
4) Y.S.R., Andhra Pradesh
5) Dahod, Gujarat
Answer-2) Chandauli, Uttar Pradesh
On January 29, 2020, NITI Aayog ( National Institution for Transforming India), a policy think tank of the Government of India (GoI), released the ranking of Aspirational Districts of the country for the month of December 2019. The ranking is based on the progress made in 5 development areas in 112 aspirational districts across India in December 2019. The rankings focus on progress in Health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water resources, financial inclusion& skill development and Basic infrastructure.Top 3 states in Aspirational Districts ranking:
Rank State District Score (November-2019) Score (December-2019) Delta Score (Incl. Saturated Indicators) 1 Uttar Pradesh Chandauli 54.6 57.6 3.002 2 Odisha Balangir 51.1 53.9 2.796 3 Andhra Pradesh Y.S.R. 62.9 65.2 2.310
- Name the state that topped in the Transparency International’s India (TII)’s “Transparency In Budgetary Process Report 2.0.” ?
1) Andhra Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) West Bengal
On January 29, 2020 , According to the survey “Transparency In Budgetary Process Report 2.0.” conducted by Transparency International’s India (TII), Assam tops in the ranking of best practices followed by states in budget formulation with a score of 70. Assam was followed by Odisha (2nd with the score of 66) & Andhra Pradesh (AP) (3rd with the score of 64).While Manipur ranked bottom with the score of 25.
- Which of the following payment system’s interchange fees were removed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) until Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) remains zero recently ?
1) Payments Service Provider (PSP)
2) Unified Payments Interface (UPI)
3) RuPay card transactions
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3
Answer-5) Both 2 & 3
On January 29, 2020, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems, has approved part of the banks request to remove interchange fees on Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and RuPay card transactions as long as the merchant discount rate (MDR) remains zero. In contrast, it still reviewing other fees like payments service provider (PSP) fee and switching fees as it is concerned that the decision will obstruct its revenues and PSPs like PhonePe & Google-Pay.
- What is the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth of India for 2019-20 (Fiscal year –FY 20) as per the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)’s “Economic Outlook Survey 2020” ?
On January 29, 2020, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), an association of business organizations in India, in its “Economic Outlook Survey 2020”, has projected India’ s annual median GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth at 5% for 2019-20 (Fiscal year –FY 20).It is in line with the National Statistical Organisation’s (NSO) projected growth rate (5%, a 11-year low).
- Who was appointed as the UN (United Nations) Resident Coordinator (RC) of Thailand on January 30,2020 ?
1) Robert Piper
2) Achim Steiner
3) Amina J. Mohammed
4) Gita Sabharwal
5) Syed Akbaruddin
Answer-4) Gita Sabharwal
On January 30,2020 Gita Sabharwal of India was appointed as the UN(United Nations) Resident Coordinator (RC) of Thailand by United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres. Sabharwal has 25 years of experience in development, peacebuilding, governance & social policy across 5 Asian countries, including Maldives.Gita Sabharwal recently served in UN, Sri lanka as the Peacebuilding and Development Adviser for 7 years.
- Janak Raj was appointed as the internal member of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), he succeeds __________ .
1) Michael Debabrata Patra
2) B. Venkatappaiah
3) Jagdish Capoor
4) Vepa Kamesam
5) K.S. Krishnaswamy
Answer-1) Michael Debabrata Patra
On January 29,2020 ED Janak Raj was nominated as the third internal member of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Mumbai. He was the successor of Dr. Michael Debabrata Patra as he was appointed as Deputy Governor of RBI. ED Janak is the executive director in-charge of the monetary policy department.The monetary policy committee is responsible for fixing the benchmark interest rate in India and consists of 6 members.MPC is headed by RBI Governor. The 6 internal members of MPC consists of 3 members from RBI, 2 internal members are Governor and Deputy Governor in-charge of monetary policy & the last member any RBI officer.The 6 internal members are: Dr. Chetan Ghate, Dr. Pami Dua, ED Janak Raj , Dr. Ravindra H. Dholakia, Shri Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Shri Shaktikanta Das.
- Who was conferred with prestigious “Ayurveda Ratan Award 2020” in Brussels, Belgium ?
1) Rajesh Kotecha
2) Partap Chauhan
3) Balendu Prakash
4) Krishna Chandra Chunekar
5) Deepak Chopra
Answer-2) Partap Chauhan
On January 29, 2020, Dr. Partap Chauhan, the pioneer of Ayurvedic Telemedicine, has Conferred with Prestigious Ayurveda Ratan Award 2020 in Brussels, Belgium during Ayurveda Day Celebratio at the European Parliament.The All-Party Parliament Group on Traditional Medicines organized a meeting at in Brussels, Belgium with the aim of formulating a roadmap to legalize Ayurveda in Europe and to integrate it with their healthcare systems.Indian Ambassador to European Union (EU), Gaitri Kumar & Geoffrey Charles Van Orden, the British Conservative Member of European Parliament, Ayurveda practitioners and enthusiasts, policymakers, academicians, and several officials and delegates from EU nations were participated in the event.
- Which organization has launched “Searching the missing persons & Generating vehicle NOC (No Objection Certificate)” on CCTNS (Crime & Criminal Tracking Network and Systems) platform recently ?
1) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
2) National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)
3) Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D)
4) National Investigation Agency (NIA)
5) Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB)
Answer-2) National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)
On January 29,2020 NCRB (National Crime Records Bureau) launched 2 police related Citizen centric services– “Searching the missing persons & Generating vehicle NOC (No Objection Certificate)”on CCTNS (Crime & Criminal Tracking Network and Systems) platform. Shri. Arvind kumar, Director, Intelligence Bureau launched the online services and inaugurated Cyber Tipline Monitoring facility in NCRB, New Delhi. The online services can be accessed through ‘digitalpolicecitizenservices.gov.in’ portal or through a link in the existing ‘Digital Police Portal’.
- Who is the author of the book titled ‘Why We Are Saying No CAA, NO NRC, No NPR’ that was released during the 44th edition of International Kolkata Book Fair 2020 (IKBF) ?
1) Ashok Gehlot
2) Pinarayi Vijayan
3) Rajinder Kaur Bhattal
4) Amarinder Singh
5) Mamata Banerjee
Answer-5) Mamata Banerjee
The Chief Minister(CM) of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee has launched her book ‘Why We Are Saying No CAA, NO NRC, No NPR’ at 44th International Kolkata Book Fair.Banerjee also raised her state’s concern against the Centre’s Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA), National Register of Citizens (NRC) and National Population Register (NPR).
- Padma Shri awardee and Indian Social Worker Tushar Kanjilal passed away recently, he worked for the preservation of which forest ?
1) Khasi rainforest, Meghalaya
2) Vandalur Forest Reserve, Tamil Nadu
3) Kaziranga Forest, Assam
4) Mangrove forests in Sunderbans, West Bengal
5) Gir Forest, Gujarat
Answer-4) Mangrove forests in Sunderbans, West Bengal
On January 29,2020 Famous social worker, environmentalist, educationist & writer Tushar Kanjilal, 85 years old, passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal. He was born on March 1, 1935 at Noakhali, Bangladesh and was attracted to Marxist ideologies & quit politics in 1967. The Government of India awarded Tushar Kanjilal the 4th highest civilian honour of Padma Shri in 1986.He also received Jamnalal Bajaj Award in 2008.He was an environmental activist & worked for the preservation of the Mangrove forests in the Sunderbans, West Bengal.He also wrote a book ‘Who killed the Sunderbans?”— that deals with the issue of the destruction of Mangrove forests.
- Which state politician & congress leader, M.Kamalam passed away recently ?
2) West Bengal
5) Uttar Pradesh
On January 30,2020 Former Kerala Minister & Senior Congress leader M.kamalam passed away at the age of 93 in Kozhikode, Kerala due to age-related ailments. She was born on August 14,1926.Kamalam was elected to the state assembly twice from Kalpetta, kerala in 1980 &1982 and also served as Cooperation Minister in the K Karunakaran cabinet from 1982-1987.She served as a KPCC (Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee) Vice-President, KPCC (Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee) General Secretary & AICC (All India Congress Committee) member and also Chairperson of the Kerala state Women’s Commission.
- What is the theme of the World Leprosy Day 2020, that is observed on January 30, 2020 ?
1) Theme – “Zero Disability”
2) Theme – “Ending Discrimination, Stigma & Prejudice”
3) Theme – “Leprosy isn’t what you think”
4) Theme – “Zero Disabilities in Girls and Boys”
5) Theme – “Treat in time and prevent disability”
Answer-3) Theme – “Leprosy isn’t what you think”
In India, World Leprosy Day is observed on Jan 30 every year to commemorate the death of Mahatma Gandhi who was assassinated on this day in 1948. Theme:“Leprosy isn’t what you think” .Leprosy, also known as Hansen’s disease is a highly contagious infection caused by the bacterium Mycobacterium leprae.
- On which date, World Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) is observed officially for the first time to create awareness & also to control the diseases with motto “#BeatNTDs: For good. For all” ?
1) January 29
2) January 30
3) January 28
4) January 27
5) January 26
Answer-2) January 30
On January 30, 2020 World Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) was observed officially for the first time and to create awareness & also to control the diseases. NTDs are caused by pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, protozoa and helminths & are common in population developing regions of Asia, Africa & the Americas. NTDs are a group of ancient diseases that affects 1.6 billion people living in the poorest & marginalized communities worldwide. WHO (World Health Organization) estimates that the disease affects more than 149 countries. Motto:“#BeatNTDs: For good. For all”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) is located in which state ?
Answer-New Delhi, Delhi
Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) is located in New Delhi, Delhi.It was seen in news recently because the ‘Women with Wheels’ cab service was started at this Airport.The service was initiated by ‘Sakha cabs’ for the safety of women.
- David Beckham was seen in news recently, he is associated with which sport ?
David Beckham is associated with Cycling.He was seen in news recently because Prime Minister Narendra Modi talked about David Beckham, the 17-year-old cyclist from Andaman, who recently won a gold medal at Youth Games in Guwahati in 200m sprint event in cycling during his ‘Mann Ki Baat’ address . David got the name as his maternal uncle was a big fan of former England footballer David Beckham. David started cycling in 2017.
- Indian freedom fighter, Lala Lajpat Rai belonged to which state ?
Lala Lajpat Rai belonged to Punjab.He was born on January 28, 1865, in Monga district of Punjab.He was seen in news recently because his 155th birthday was celebrated recently. He was influenced by the Arya Samaj and helped to spread it all over the country. He was popularly known as Punjab Kesari. He was one third of the Lal Bal Pal triumvirate.
- Who is the President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) ?
- Where is the Headquarters of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) located ?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/january-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try January Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]