AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs January 29 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs December 2018 PDF
- Where did Chief Election Commissioner of India, Sunil Arora and Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa inaugurate an International Conference on “Making our Elections Inclusive and Accessible”, on 24th January 2019?
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi
EPFO’s central board of trustees formed 3 new committeesOn 24 Jan 2019,The Chief Election Commissioner of India, Sunil Arora and Election Commissioner Shri Ashok Lavasa inaugurated an International Conference on ‘Making our Elections Inclusive and Accessible “on the occasion of 9th National Voters Day held ’in New Delhi. This conference held with a motive to enhance transparency in the upcoming election. National Voters Day is observed on 25th January every year. Theme of 2019 voters day is “My Vote Matters”.
- Empowered Expert Committee (EEC) set up by Ministry of Human Resource Development for selecting Institutions of Eminence (IOEs) has recommended to increase the number of such institutes to ___ from the current 20?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 30
On January 27, 2019 , Empowered Expert Committee (EEC) set up by Ministry of Human Resource Development for selecting Institutions of Eminence (IOEs) has recommended to increase the number of such institutes to 30 from the current 20. Last year,19 institution got the title of eminent institution and the selected government institutions were granted upto Rs. 1,000 crore provided and the private institutions were given the freedom to decide their fee structure and courses.
- Union Minister of Railways, Piyush Goyal, announced that Train 18 which is India’s first indigenously developed engineless high speed train has been named as _____, on 27th January 2019?
1) Valmiki Express
2) Vande Bharat Express
3) Desh Darshan Express
4) Suraj Express
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Vande Bharat Express
On 27th January 2019, Union Minister of Railways, Piyush Goyal announced that Train 18 which is India’s first indigenously developed engineless high speed train has been named as Vande Bharat Express. The Train will run between Delhi and Varanasi at the maximum speed of 160 kmph and it will be flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi soon. The Train has 16 coach and it is built in 18 months with a cost of Rs 97 Crore at Modern Coach Factory, Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh. Train 18, the fully air-conditioned train is expected to replace 30 years old Shatabdi Express. It got a regular clearance of Electrical Inspector to the Government (EIG) on 25th January 2019. Vande Bharat Express which will run between Delhi and Varanasi, will stop at Kanpur and Allahabad in the route.
- Which state announced “Jiban Sampark” Project in partnership with UNICEF India (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) following the inauguration of Tribal Fair also known as “Adivasi Mela” on 26th January 2019?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Odisha
On 26th January 2019, The Chief Minister of Odisha, Shri Naveen Patnaik announced “Jiban Sampark” Project in partnership with UNICEF India (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) after inauguration of Tribal Fair also known as “Adivasi Mela” on Republic day. The Project was announced to spread awareness about the development and welfare initiatives of state government among the Particularly vulnerable Tribal Groups of the state.’The Adivasi Mela’ is an annual event to showcase the lifestyle, artefacts, culture, tradition and music of the tribal people community of Odisha. Adivasi Mela was inaugurated on 26 January 2019. It concluded on 09 February 2019. The Focus Area of Jiban Sampark includes skill development, empowering communities, cooperation and innovation among the groups 13 particularly vulnerable tribal groups residing in the remote areas.
- The ‘Atal Setu’ bridge named after former prime minister of India late Atal Bihari Bajpai, which is the third Cable bridge across river _____ in Panaji, Goa, was inaugurated by Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, on 27th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mandovi
On January 27, 2019, The Third bridge was inaugurated by Union Minister Nitin Gadkari in the presence of Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar .The bridge has been named as ‘Atal Setu’ after former prime minister of India late Atal Bihari Bajpai. It is four-lane, 5.1-kilometer long and the third Cable Bridge across river Mandovi in Panaji, Goa. The bridge weighs 2.5 lakh tonnes which is equivalent to the weight of aircraft 570 Boeing. The bridge is constructed by the GIDC (Goa Infrastructure Development Corporation) and engineering and construction major Larsen and Toubro. The bridge is built at a cost of Rs 850 crore. The two bridges already present in Goa are Mandovi Bridge and Zurai Bridge. The bridge will be open for four wheeler vehicles from Jan 29 but two and three wheelers will not be allowed on the bridge.
- How many homes have been completed so far, under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY –G), which was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 20, 2016?
1) 40.3 lakh
2) 66.6 lakh
3) 21.4 lakh
4) 75.5 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 66.6 lakh
The Ministry of Rural Development in partnership with states has completed 1.37 crore rural homes under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY –G)and Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) since April 2014. The Table Below shows the number of Houses completed till now
Year Rural Homes Completed (IAY + PMAY-G)
2018-19 30.45 (may reach 65 lakh by March 31, 2019
There is a quantum jump in provision for rural housing, In 2014-15 only 12 lakh houses were made but in 2018-19 65 lakh houses are expected to be made. PMAY-G was launched by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi on November 20, 2016 and till now around 66.6 lakh homes are made under this scheme.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, laid the foundation stone for the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), the first such facility in Tamil Nadu at ____, on 27th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Madurai
On 27th January 2019, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, laid the foundation stone for the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Thoppur near Madurai, Tamil Nadu. It will be the first such facility in Tamilnadu and will be built at a cost of Rs 1,264 crore within 45 months. The 750-bed AIIMS will offer 100 MBBS seats in the state and its location will benefit people residing in the Southern backward districts of Tamil Nadu. Besides this the super speciality blocks of Madurai’s Rajaji Medical College, Thanjavur Medical College and Tirunelveli Medical College was also inaugurated by the PM. Prime Minister Modi also dedicated a dozen Post Office Pass Port Seva Kendras to the nation on the occasion. The inauguration ceremony which was organised in the Nelson Mandela Nagar was attended by Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit, Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy, Deputy CM O Paneerselvam.
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicate to the nation an Integrated Refinery Expansion Project Complex (IREP) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), on 27th January 2019?
1) Nagpur, Maharashtra
2) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
3) Kochi, Kerala
4) Ranchi, Jharkhand
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kochi, Kerala
On 27th January 2019, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, dedicated to the nation an Integrated Refinery Expansion Project Complex (IREP) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) and laid the foundation stone for a petrochemical complex in Kochi, Kerala. With the inauguration, the Kochi refinery will now be transformed into the largest PSU Refinery in India with world class standards and equipped for production of cleaner Fuels for India. The plant will now be used for double roles for producing the LPG & diesel and commencement of production of feedstock for petrochemical projects in this plant. After execution of IREP the Kochi refinery will now be able to produce propylene and other niche petrochemicals that are used in different products such as paints, inks, coating, detergent and many other articles. Besides, Mr. Modi also laid the foundation stone of second campus of the Skill development institute set up by BPCL and backed by the Ministry of Petrochemical and Natural Gas at Ettumanoor.
- Which railway division bagged number one position for cleanliness in India in the Trains Cleanliness Survey conducted by IRCTC, on 28th January 2019?
1) Central Railway
2) Southern Railway
3) Northern Railway
4) Eastern Railway
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Southern Railway
On January 28, 2019,The Southern Railway bagged number one position for cleanliness in the country in the survey conducted by Trains Cleanliness Survey conducted by IRCTC. Last year,Southern Railways also had a hike in their gross earning of more than six thousand crore rupees. To fulfill the demands of passengers, Southern Railway also introduced 54 trains in the past four years.
- Who was appointed Regional Director for World Health Organization South-East Asia, for a second five-year term, with effect from 1st February 2019?
1) Dr Reema Ananth
2) Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh
3) Dr Shekhar Pandey
4) Dr Naveen Upadyay
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh
On January 28, 2019,Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh has been appointed Regional Director for World Health Organization South-East Asia, for a second five-year term.Her second term of office will begin on 1 February 2019. She is the first woman to become Regional Director of WHO South-East Asia Region. Previous year,Thailand became the first in Asia-Pacific to eliminate mother-to-child transmission of HIV and syphilis. India was declared yaws-free and Nepal trachoma-free.
- Name the cricketer who became the youngest man to hit an international fifty on 23rd January 2019?
1) Prithvi Shaw
2) Rohit Paudel
3) Sam Curran
4) Alzarri Joseph
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rohit Paudel
On January 23, 2019,Nepal’s Rohit Paudel became the youngest cricketer to hit an international fifty. Rohit Paudel of Nepal scored 55 for Nepal in the 2nd ODI against UAE to become the youngest man to score a half-century in one-day internationals. He surpassed the score holded by Pakistan’s Shahid Adfridi. Rohit Paudel,is 16 years and 146 days old ,and became the youngest half-centurion in ODIs whereas the previous record was held by Shahid Afridi, who had scored 102 at the age of 16 years and 217 days.
- Which Indian golfer won the New South Wales Men’s Amateur Golf Championship held in Australia?
1) Kartik Sharma
2) Subhankar Dey
3) Arun Prakash
4) Manish Norora
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Kartik Sharma
India Golfer, Kartik Sharma won the New South Wales Men’s Amateur Golf Championship held in Australia by defeating Australia’s Nathan Barberie in the scheduled 36-hole final. Kartik Sharma is playing for India as a part of National Squad since the age of 10. Kartik Sharma who is selected to represent Indian Golf Union for the three events in Australia had also won the Indian Golf Union western India amateur golf championship 2018.
- Who won a record 7th Australian Open title and a 3rd successive grand slam, by winning the men’s singles title of the 107th Australian Open 2019 tennis tournament held in Melbourne, Australia, from 14th to 17th January 2019?
1) Roger Federer
2) Dominic Thiem
3) Novak Djokovik
4) Rafael Nadal
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Novak Djokovik
From 14th January 2019, 107th edition of Australian Open 2019 tennis tournament took place at Melbourne Park, Melbourne, Australia. The event concluded on 27th January 2019. Spain’s Rafael Nadal was defeated by Serbia’s Novak Djokovik in the men’s singles to win his magnificent seventh Australian Open title. Djokovik defeated Nadal by 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 with a display of flawless tennis. Djokovik won a record seventh Australian Open title and a third successive grand slam.
- Name the tennis player who won the 107th Australian Open 2019 women’s singles title and became world No.1 in WTA rankings?
1) Simona Halep
2) Serena Williams
3) Naomi Osaka
4) Petra Kvitova
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Naomi Osaka
From 14th January 2019, 107th edition of Australian Open 2019 tennis tournament took place at Melbourne Park, Melbourne, Australia. Japan’s Naomi Osaka won the Australian Open women’s singles title by defeating Czech Republic’s Petra Kvitova for 7-6, 7-6, 6-4 in the final. Japan’s Naomi Osaka became WTA no.1 in singles ranking replacing Romania’s Simona Halep and first ever Asian to become world No.1. She became first player since Jennifer Capriatite win the 2 consecutive Grand Slam titles.
- Name the Indian cricketer-pair who joint 3rd in list of the most century stands in ODIs, on 28th January 2019?
1) Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dawan
2) Rishabh Pant and Virat Kohli
3) Rohit sharma and virat Kohli
4) Rishabh Pant and Rohit Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli
On January 28, 2019,Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli joint 3rd in list of most century stands in ODIs. They reached this milestone,while they played in the match of India and New Zealand. Virat Kohli is also entitled as the 5th Indian player to acquire the fame of hitting 100 50 plus score.
- Who won the women’s singles title in the Indonesia Masters 2019 Title badminton tournament also known as DAIHATSU Indonesia Masters 2019, held in Jakarta, Indonesia, from 22nd to 27th January 2019?
1) Saina Nehwal
2) P V Sindhu
3) Carolina Marin
4) Alizia Sanchez
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Saina Nehwal
From 22nd January 2019, the Indonesia Masters 2019 Title, a badminton tournament which is officially known as DAIHATSU Indonesia Masters 2019, took place at the Istora Senayan in Jakarta, Indonesia. The event concluded on 27th January 2019. The Total prize money for the tournament was $350,000. The tournament was organized by the Badminton Association of Indonesia in recognition with Badminton World Federation (BWF). The Indonesia Masters 2019 Title is one of the World Tour Super 500 event conducted by BWF. On 27th January 2019, Indian ace Badminton player, Saina Nehwal won the Indonesia Masters women’s singles title after Carolina Marin of Spain pulled out in the final when she injured her right foot.
- When was Data Protection Day also known as Data Privacy Day observed in some parts of the world to raise awareness and promote privacy and data protection?
1) January 26
2) January 27
3) January 28
4) January 29
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) January 28
On 28th January 2019, Data Protection Day also known as Data Privacy Day in some parts of the world was observed to raise awareness and promote privacy and data protection. It is an annual event which was observed for the first time on 28th January 2007 by Council of Europe as European Data Protection Day. The Day is currently observed in the 47 European Countries, United States, Israel and Canada.
- What was the slogan of the International Customs Day (ICD) celebrated on 26th January 2019?
1) SMART borders for seamless Trade, Travel and Transport
2) Customs for trade regulations
3) Ease of Business and Customs
4) Trade with ease
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) SMART borders for seamless Trade, Travel and Transport
International Customs Day (ICD)is celebrate on the 26th January every year by the Custom Organization, to commemorate the first Conference of World Customs Organizations. This year international Customs day is celebrated with a slogan “SMART borders for seamless Trade, Travel and Transport.”
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Name the President and headquarters of Badminton World Federation (BWF)?Answer – President – Poul-Erik Høyer Larsen; Headquarters – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Who is the Director General of WHO (World Health Organisation)?Answer – Tedros Adhanom
- What is the capital and currency of Spain?Answer – Capital – Madrid; Currency – Euro
- Who is the Governor of Goa?Answer – Mridula Sinha
- Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu is _____?Answer – Edapadi Palaniswami