AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 January 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- As per the, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare’s 1st advance report for 2019-20, what is the estimated total horticulture production in 2019-20 ?
1) 353.35 million tonnes (mt)
2) 343.35 million tonnes (mt)
3) 333.35 million tonnes (mt)
4) 323.35 million tonnes (mt)
5) 313.35 million tonnes (mt)
Answer-5) 313.35 million tonnes (mt)
On January 27,2020, The Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India (GoI) has presented the first advance report for 2019-20 & as well as the final estimate for 2018-19 for Area and Production of various Horticulture Crops. Horticulture production: According to the report, horticulture production in 2019-20 can be 313.35 million tonnes (mt),0.84% higher than in 2018-19 (310.74 mt).
- India’s 1st underwater metro rail, that will run partly under Hooghly River will be completed in which Indian city by March 2022 ?
4) New Delhi
On January 28,2020 Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation (KMRC) is set to complete its East-West Project, which runs partly under the Hooghly river, West Bengal, by March 2022. It will be India’s first underwater metro. The new metro rail is expected to carry about 900,000 people daily & will take less than a minute to cross a 520-meter underwater tunnel. 74% of the East-West metro project is owned by India’s Railway & remaining 26% by the nation’s Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs.
- Which crop production’s 1st estimate for 2019-20 was released by the National Collateral Management Services Limited (NCML) recently ?
1) Rabi crop
2) Kharif crop
3) Zaid crop
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3
Answer-1) Rabi crop
On January 27, 2020 agriculture post-harvest management company- National Collateral Management Services Limited (NCML) has released its 1st estimate of for 2019-20 rabi crop production. The year 2020 is expected to make record food grain production led by the wheat crop along with corn and jowar while Oilseeds and pulses may have lower production.
- Name the virus, whose global risk degree was increased from moderate to high by World Health Organization (WHO) recently .
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the global risk of Noval Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) that cause serious illnesses ranging from the common cold to Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV) from moderate to high.
- Which nation has moved a resolution against India over Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) and the clampdown on Jammu and Kashmir ?
1) Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
2) European Union (EU)
3) North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
4) United Nation (UN)
5) South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
Answer-2) European Union (EU)
On January 27, 2020 the European Union (EU) parliament has decided to make a debate and conduct vote on the resolution against the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act(CAA) 2019, and on the annexation of occupied Kashmir by India after abrogating Jammu and Kashmir’s special status. The decision taken after Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan’s global campaign against CAA and the Kashmir issue, cited that the annexation of Kashmir was in clear violation of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) resolutions.
- What was the theme of the 13th edition of International Children’s Film Festival that was inaugurated in Dhaka, Bangladesh ?
1) Theme – ‘Till we meet again’
2) Theme – ‘Film-The World’
3) Theme – ‘Better Film, Better Audience and Better Society’
4) Theme – ‘Under The World’
5) Theme – ‘Film that change the worls’
Answer-4) Theme – ‘Under The World’
On January 24, 2020 the 13th edition of International Children’s Film Festival was inaugurated in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The theme of International Children’s Film Festival 2020 is ‘Under The World’. The week long festival will be concluded on January 31, 2020.It is organized by the Children’s Film Society, Bangladesh. It is the biggest film festival of Southeast Asian country and only international festival celebrated since 2008.It will feature 173 films from 39 countries including Bangladesh, India, France, Korea, Spain and other countries.German film ‘Rocca Changes the World’ directed by Katja Benrath will be screened during the inauguration.
- Name the president of the Brazil, who visited India recently & also attended the 71st Republic day of India as the chief guest .
1) Fernando Henrique Cardoso
2) Michel Temer
3) Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva
4) Dilma Rousseff
5) Jair Messias Bolsonaro
Answer-5) Jair Messias Bolsonaro
The president of the Federative Republic of Brazil, Jair Messias Bolsonaro paid a 4-day official visit to India from January 24-27, 2020. This is also the 3rd time a Brazilian president attended as chief guest of the republic day. The last time a brazilian president attended the ceremony was Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (former Brazilian president) in 2004.
- Which state’s credit potential was estimated at Rs 90,395.69 crore for Financial year FY- 2020-21 by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) ?
3) West Bengal
5) Uttar Pradesh
On January 27, 2020, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), an Apex Development Financial Institution in India,in its in the State Focus Paper for Odisha, has estimated Odisha’s credit potential at Rs 90,395.69 crore for Financial year FY- 2020-21with a hike of around 20 % over credit projection of 2019-20.Out of the total credit potential for priority sector,agriculture constitues Rs 43,282.11 crore, in which, Rs 40,227.79 crore (92.94 %) is estimated under farm credit, which consists both crop loans and term loans for agriculture and allied activities.
- How much percent stake of Air India (AI) was decided to sale by government of India recently ?
On January 27, 2020, Indian Government has decided to sell its 100 percent stake of Air India (AI) under the reconstituted Air India Specific Alternative Mechanism (AISAM) for re-initiated strategic disinvestment of Air India. It includes its 100 percent stake in low-cost airline Air India Express and 50 percent shareholding in joint venture AI SATS Airport Services Private Limited. The deadline for submitting the interest to bid Air India is March 17,2020 .The net worth of the parties interested in bidding for Air India should be Rs 3,500 crore.
- Name the state government that has signed a tripartite agreement with the banned National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) & Government of India recently to boost peace in the state .
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) West Bengal
On January 27, 2020 Govt. of India has signed a tripartite agreement with the representatives of the banned National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) organisation & Govt. of Assam at the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). The pact was signed to boost peace in the Northeastern state of Assam. The agreement would fulfill political and economic demands besides safeguarding the language and culture of the Bodo community people.
- How many Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) were signed between India and Brazil during Brazil’s president Jair Messias Bolsonaro visit to India ?
Brazil and India signed 15 Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) and also signed an action plan to deepen strategic partnership. The MoU in detail are as follows:
Si.No MoU 1 Cooperation on Bioenergy. 2 Cooperation in the field of Oil and Natural Gas. 3 Investment Cooperation and Facilitation Treaty. 4 Cooperation in Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters. 5 Cooperation in the field of Early Childhood 6 Cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine. 7 Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy. 8 Cultural Exchange Programme for the period 2020-2024. 9 Agreement on Social Security. 10 Cooperation in the area of Cyber Security.
MoU between India’s Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) and Brazil’s General Coordination of Network Incident Treatment Centre, Department of Information Security, Institutional Security.
11 Programme of Scientific and Technological Cooperation for implementing the agreement on scientific and technological cooperation from 2020-2023. 12 Cooperation in the field of Geology and Mineral Resources between Geological Survey of India (GSI), under the Ministry of Mines and the Geological Survey of Brazil. 13 MoU between Invest India and the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex Brazil) 14 Cooperation in the fields of Animal Husbandry and Dairying
For this, a Joint Declaration of Intent(JDI) between Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Food Supply of Brazil was signed.
15 Cooperation for establishing a nodal institution in India to carry out research on Bioenergy.
MoU was signed between Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. Of the Republic of India and Centro Nacional de PesquisaemEnergia e Materiais (CNPEM) of Brazil.
- Name the Indian steel firm that has signed an agreement with the Brazilian gunmaker Taurus Armas SA to produce & sell guns in India .
1) JSW Steel
2) Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
3) Jindal Group
4) Bhushan Steel
5) Tata Steel
Answer-3) Jindal Group
Brazilian gunmaker Taurus Armas SA has signed for a joint Venture(JV) with Indian steelmaker Jindal Group to manufacture and sell guns in India. As per the agreement Jindal will hold a 51% stake in JV and the remaining 49% will be held by Taurus.
- Who was unanimously nominated as the Life President of Asian Tennis Federation (ATF) during ATP’s Board of Directors meeting in Melbourne, Australia ?
1) Shomurad Shofayziev
2) Surendran Subramaniam
3) Nasser Al-Khelaifi
4) Suwat Liptapanlop
5) Anil Khanna
Answer-5) Anil Khanna
On January 27,2020 Senior Sports Administrator Anil Khanna was unanimously appointed as Life President of Asian Tennis Federation (ATF) during the meeting of its Board of Directors in Melbourne, Australia. He is also named as the Chairman of the ATF Finance Committee.Khanna had served as ATF President from 2005 to 2019 and also ITF(International Tennis Federation) Vice President from 2015-19.CS Raju was elected as Senior Vice President of the ATF, representing South Asia.
- Name the first ambassador of European Union (EU) to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland after the Brexit .
1) Nicolas Chapuis
2) João Cravinho
3) Joao Vale de Almeida
4) Luigi Soreca
5) Pierre Mayaudon
Answer-3) Joao Vale de Almeida
On January 24, 2020 veteran diplomat Joao Vale de Almeida appointed as the first ambassador of European Union (EU) to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.He will assume the office on February 1, 2020 the day after the Brexit(Brexit is the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union). He joined European Commission in 1982 after working as a journalist for seven years.He also served as the first EU Ambassador to the United States of America, from 2010 to 2014 and then served as the bloc’s ambassador to the UN between 2015 and 2019.
- Sachin Bansal, Independent director of which Small Finance bank resigned recently ?
1) Ujjivan Small Finance bank
2) ESAF Small Finance Bank
3) Equitas Small Finance Bank
4) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
5) Jana Small Finance Bank
Answer-1) Ujjivan Small Finance bank
Sachin Bansal has resigned from the independent director of Ujjivan Small Finance bank. He is the co-founder of Flipkart. Following the majority stake acquisition in Chaitanya India Fin Credit, Sachin Bansal has applied for a universal banking licence on January 10, 2020.Bansal was born in Chandigarh, India, on August 5, 1981. In 2006 he joined Amazon Web Services as a Senior Software Engineer and in later 2007 along with his co-founder Binny Bansal, he started the Flipkart.
- Name the Slovenia’s youngest-ever Prime Minister, who announced his resignation recently .
1) Karl Erjavec
2) Borut Pahor
3) Janez Janša
4) Miro Cerar
5) Marjan Sarec
Answer-5) Marjan Sarec
On January 27, 2020 Slovenian Prime Minister (PM) Marjan Sarec has resigned from his post. He leads the party ‘List of Marjan Sarec (LMS)’.42-years-old Marjan Sarec was born on December 2, 1977 in Ljubljana, Slovenia and started his career as a comedian and actor. In 2018 he entered Parliamentary election and became the 9th PM of Slovenia in the same year.His resignation was followed by the resignation of the Finance Minister Andrej Bertoncelj.
- Which firm won the ‘BFSI Digital Innovation Award 2020’ for Cloud Solutions ?
1) India Infoline Housing Finance Limited (IIHFL)
2) Bajaj Housing Finance Limited (BHFL)
3) Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited (DHFCL)
4) Edelweiss Housing Finance Limited (EHFL)
5) Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFCL)
Answer-2) Bajaj Housing Finance Limited (BHFL)
On January 27, 2020 Bajaj Housing Finance Limited (BHFL), a 100% subsidiary of Bajaj Finance Limited, had won the ‘BFSI Digital Innovation Award 2020’ for Cloud Solutions. The Express BFSI(Banking,Financial Services &Insurance) Technology Conclave and Awards 2020 held in Pune, Maharashtra which is one of the largest meetings of IT-decision makers, senior executives and partners in India. The function was organized by the Express Computer, an IT (Information Technology) business magazine from the Indian Express Group.
- Name the state that displayed its tableaux with the theme ‘Land of Unique Craftsmanship and Culture’ during 71st Republic day & won the Best Tableaux Awards under the States/Union territories (UT) category .
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) West Bengal
On January 28, 2020 Defence Minister Rajnath Singh distributed the awards for best tableaux which was conducted on January 26, 2020 in Republic Day event. There were a total of 22 tableaux including 16 from various states and union territories and remaining 6 from various ministries and departments. Best Tableaux Awards (States and Union territories):Assam’s tableaux displayed with the theme ‘Land of Unique Craftsmanship and Culture’, had showcased the Xattriya tradition in the form of Bhortal Nritya was chosen as the best tableaux.The second position was tied between Odisha which depicted Lord Lingaraja’s Rukuna Rath Yatra, and Uttar Pradesh which showcased the culture of Sarva Dharma Samabhav.
- Which ministry won the Best Tableaux Awards under the category “Different ministries and departments” along with the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) ?
1) Ministry of Jal Shakti
2) Ministry of Civil Aviation
3) Ministry of Defence
4) Ministry of AYUSH
5) Ministry of Railways
Answer-1) Ministry of Jal Shakti
Jal Shakti Mission won best tableaux for Ministry government’s new initiative, ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’, which aims at providing functional tap connection to every rural household by 2024. National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) won best tableaux for Ministry for showcasing the cutting-edge technology and instruments used by the force to carry out daring rescue operations in flood-hit and disaster hit areas.
- Find the Oxford Hindi Word of the Year (HWOTY) for 2019 .
1) ‘Gau-Rakshak’ (CowProtection)
2) ‘Notebandi’ (Money Demonetisation)
3) ‘Nari Shakti’ (Women Power)
4) ‘Aadhaar’ (identity Card)
5) ‘Samvidhaan’ (constitution)
Answer-5) ‘Samvidhaan’ (constitution)
On January 28, 2020 the Oxford University Press(OUP) has named ‘Samvidhaan’ (constitution) as the Oxford Hindi Word of the Year (HWOTY) for 2019. This name received widespread attention in August 2019 with the abrogation of Article 370 and article 35(A) of the Indian Constitution on August 05, 2019. The articles removed special status granted to Jammu and Kashmir.
- Which year is set as target for the Indian Railways to run entire railway network with 100% of electricity ?
The Indian Railways(IR) has set a target to run entire railway network with 100% of electricity by 2024. IR will also be the 1st railway in the world with large scale and size to be run on electricity. By 2030 IR plans to run on clean energy and become net zero carbon emitter.
- Where did Piyush Goyal addressed the India-Brazil business forum recently ?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Brasilia, Brazil
3) Mumbai, India
4) Santa Cruz de Minas, Brazil
5) Varanasi, India
Answer-1) New Delhi, India
The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Shri Piyush Goyal addressed the gathering at the India-Brazil business forum in New Delhi, India. The forum was organised by Industry Body Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham). Assocham has also announced to set up an office in Brazil. Visa free travel between the two countries was announced by the Brazilian president during the forum.
- What is target year set by India and Brazil to achieve $15 billion bilateral trade ?
The bilateral trade and work target of $15 billion between India and Brazil was set to be achieved by 2022. The current trade level accounts to $8.2 billion.
- Who chaired the Rajya Sabha Panel on child pornography that submits 40 recommendations to Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu ?
1) Ghulam Nabi Azad
2) Jairam Ramesh
3) Kapil Sibal
4) Abhishek Singhvi
5) Anand Sharma
Answer-2) Jairam Ramesh
On January 25,2020, An ad hoc committee of the Rajya Sabha (RS) headed by Congress parliamentarian Jairam Ramesh submitted its report on child pornography to Vice President (VP) and Rajya Sabha Chairman Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu.In it, 40 recommendations have been made to strictly prohibit the promotion and access of child pornography and related content through social media. This includes amendments to POSCO (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) Act ,2012 and IT (Information Technology) act ,2000 & to control children’s access to such content containing generation and dissemination of Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM).
- Vineet Saxena of Rajasthan announced his retirement recently, he belongs to which sport ?
On January 27, 2020 Rajasthan domestic cricket stalwart Vineet Saxena who played and won Rajasthan’s consecutive Ranji Trophy titles in 2010-11 and 2011-12 has formally announced his retirement. He is the most capped and highest run getter for Rajasthan in the Ranji trophy. Saxena scored 7,637 runs in 129 first-class matches, which also includes 17 hundreds and 38 fifties. In his 2 decade spanned cricket career, He achieved the Man of the match title winning 257 against Tamil Nadu in finals of the 2011-12 Ranji Trophy edition. He is also the only cricketer from Rajasthan to play 100 or more Ranji matches in 2 decades.
- Pranab Mukherjee released the book titled“Relentless”.It is an autobiography of which politician ?
1) Shatrughan Sinha
2) Prashant Bhushan
3) Yashwant Sinha
4) Arun Shourie
5) Jaswant Singh
Answer-3) Yashwant Sinha
Former president of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee released the autobiography of former Finance Minister Shri Yashwant Sinha titled “Relentless” at the India International Centre in New Delhi. The book describes Sinha’s journey from a normal life to a high political powered life. The book is published by Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt ltd.
- Name the Arjuna awardee & former Indian women’s hockey team captain, who passed away recently .
1) Sunita Chandra
2) Rajani Etimarpu
3) Sunita Lakra
4) Vandana Katariya
Answer-1) Sunita Chandra
On January 27,2020 Sunita Chandra 76 years old, passed away in her hometown Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Sunita Chandra was an Arjuna awardee.She had played for the Indian women’s hockey team between 1956 to 1966.She had served as the captain of the Indian women’s hockey team from 1963 to 1966.
- Deceased film producer, Vinay Kumar Sinha is known for which of the following film ?
1) “Nadiya Ke Paar”
2) “Andaz Apna Apna”
3) “Hum Aapke Hain Kaun…!’
4) “Hum Saath – Saath Hain”
5) “Maine Pyar Kiya”
Answer-2) “Andaz Apna Apna”
On January 24,2020 Vinay Kumar Sinha, Veteran film producer passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra at the age of 74. He was a producer of famous film ‘Andaz Apna Apna’ featuring Aamir Khan and Salman Khan in lead roles which released in 1994. Born in 1946, he also served as the Vice President (VP) of Indian Motion Picture Producers’ Association (IMPPA).
- Pieter Robert Rensenbrink passed away recently, he belonged to which sport ?
On January 26,2020 Pieter Robert Rensenbrink, a dutch football player passed away at the age of 72 in Brussels, Belgium, as he was suffering from muscular atrophy for a number of years. He was born on 3rd July 1947 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.In his club career, he became famous at Royal Sporting Club (R.S.C) Anderlecht, Belgium where he won the league title in 1972 and 1974 as well as four Belgian cups in 1972, 1973, 1975 and 1976.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple is located in which state ?
Answer-New Delhi, Delhi
Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple is located in New Delhi, Delhi.It was in news recently because the Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro visited the Akshardham Temple in New Delhi during his visit to India.
- Where is the Headquarters of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) located ?
- Paradip Port is located in which state ?
Paradip Port is located in Odisha.It was in news recently because the inter-ministerial panel has approved a Ministry of Shipping proposal for deepening and optimisation of inner harbour facilities .
- What is the Capital and Currency of Brazil ?
Answer-Capital- Brasilia & Currency- Brazilian real
- Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve is located in which state?
- Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple is located in which state ?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/january-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try January Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]