AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs January 28 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs December 2018 PDF
- Which state government launched ‘Yuva Swabhiman Yojana’ for youths of the weak section in urban areas of the state, on 26th January 2019?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Madhya Pradesh
On January 26,2019, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath launched ‘Yuva Swabhiman Yojana’ for youths of the weak section in urban areas of Madhya Pradesh. The scheme was launched in Chhindwara,Madhya Pradesh. It aims to provide employment to the youth belonging to the weaker section of the society mainly in urban areas of the state. Under this scheme, 100 days of employment will be provided. Registration of interested urban poor youth under this scheme will start on February 10,2019. Apart from this 100 days employment,they will also be given skill training by the government.
- _____ was announced as the Hindi Word of the year for 2018 by the Oxford Dictionaries?
4) Nari Shakti
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Nari Shakti
On 26th January 2019, the Oxford Dictionaries announced that the word ‘Nari Shakti’ which is derived from Sanskrit has been chosen as the Hindi Word of the year for 2018. The Announcement was made during a session at Jaipur Literature Festival which is being held at Diggi Palace in Jaipur, Rajasthan. ‘Nari Shakti’ is made of two words ‘Nari’ and ‘Shakti’, ‘Nari’ means Women and ‘Shakti’ means Power.In 2017, Oxford Dictionaries had chosen ‘Aadhar’ as the word of the year.
- Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik gave his assent to Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Bill 2014 to grant reservation to people belonging to which community for government jobs?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pahari
On 25th January 2019, Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik gave his assent to Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Bill 2014. The bill will grant reservation to people belonging to the Pahari community for government jobs. The amendment creates a separate category for the persons belongings to Pahari community, clan or tribe having distinct, cultural ethnic and linguistic identify among the Socially and Educationally Backward classes (other than SC and ST). Pahari community also called Pahadi or Parbati belongs to Indo – Aryan ethnic group inhabiting Himalayan region of Nepal and India. Pahari community is from old times itself faced economic distress as they wire Socio – economic backward. The main reason for Socio – economic backwardness is their remoteness and inaccessibility of the areas that they have been living in. Pahari communities were unable to compete with the other sections of the society as they have less access to education and health care.
- Name the country that declared sugarcane juice as the “national drink” of the country, on 24th January 2019?
2) Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pakistan
On January 24,2019,The Pakistan government declared sugarcane juice as the “national drink” of the country. They came at this decision after asking People’s opinion in twitter to choose one among orange ,carrot and sugarcane.In which 81% voted in favour of Sugarcane Juice while 15% voted in favour of Orange and 4% for Carrot.
- Economic Advisory Council of Prime Minister (EAC-PM) headed by NITI Aayog Member Bibek Debroy stated in its report that India will continue to grow in the 7 to _____ % range in the next few years despite global and structural challenges?
1) 7.5 %
2) 7.2 %
3) 7.3 %
4) 7.7 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 7.5 %
On 25th January 2019, Economic Advisory Council of Prime Minister (EAC-PM) headed by NITI Aayog Member Bibek Debroy said in a report that India will continue to grow in the 7 to 7.5 percent range in the next few years despite global and structural challenges. The Growth rate of India may further improve by at least 1 per cent by the reforms designed to address the structural problems of the economy. As per the Economic Advisory Council, the macro-economic fundamentals of the economy are sound due to which India will remain one of the fastest growing economy despite global slowdown.
- What was India’s rank in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) readiness index as per CISCO’s 2019 Data Privacy Benchmark Study?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 6
On 25th January 2019, the report released by CISCO on 2019 Data Privacy Benchmark Study ranked India in 6th position in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) readiness index. As per the report 65% of Indian organization are better prepared for GDPR making India the 6th best prepared nation to deal with the nee data privacy regulation which all organizations operating within the European Union and European Economic Area are mandated to comply with. As per the report 59% of organizations across the world reported meeting all requirements or most of the requirements, 29% expect to do so within a year while 9% will take more than a year. It also stated that organizations that invested to meet GDPR norms experienced shorter delays in selling to existing customers.
- Who received the Republic Day Journalism Award 2019 from Assam government, on 26th January 2019?
1) Dhirendra Nath Chakraborty
2) Radhika Mohan Bhagawati
3) Kanaksen Deka
4) Manas Achrekar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dhirendra Nath Chakraborty
On January 26,2019,Assam government entitled the Republic Day Journalism Award 2019 to veteran journalist and former editor Dhirendra Nath Chakraborty. The award comprises Rupees one lakh in cash, a citation, the Assamese ‘xoraai’ (the bell metal memento presented as an honour), ‘jaapi‘ (headgear) and an angavastra. Chakraborty, former Editor of Dainik Asom, Dainik Janambhumi and Ajir Batori group of newspaper, was honoured for his lifetime contribution to journalism. Late Radhika Mohan Bhagawati and Sri Kanaksen Deka earlier received this award.
- Romain Rolland Book Prize for literary translation was awarded to the Tamil translation of Andrei Makine’s “La vie d’un homme inconnu” (The Life of an Unknown Man) by ____, at the Jaipur Literature Festival, on 25th January 2019?
1) S Jayakumar
2) Rajesh Kumar
3) Bala Kumaran
4) S R Kichenamourty
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) S R Kichenamourty
On 25th January 2019,Romain Rolland Book Prize for literary translation won by Tamil translation of Andrei Makine’s “La vie d’un homme inconnu” (The Life of an Unknown Man) at the Jaipur Literature Festival. The book was translated by S R Kichenamourty. He was the former head of the French department of Pondicherry University. Book is published by Kalachuvadu, a publisher of Tamil modern classics and contemporary fiction writing. “The Life of an Unknown Man” is the story of Shutov, a disenchanted writer, who revisits Saint Petersburg after twenty years of exile in Paris, hoping to recapture his youth. The books shortlisted include a Malayalam translation of ‘Rvolution dans la Rvolution’ (Revolution in the Revolution) and ‘La Leste’ (The Plague) by Rgis Debray and Albert Camus respectively. Award includes an invitation to the Paris Book Fair 2019 for the publisher of the work and an invitation for the translator to attend a one-month residency in France. India will attend Paris Book Fair as the Guest of Honor. It will be held at March 2019 which brings together publishers and provides them with the opportunity to communicate about their profession.
- Who was appointed the brand ambassador of medical products maker Ascent Meditech’s brand ‘Flamingo’, on 25th January 2019?
1) Shah Rukh Khan
2) Hrithik Roshan
3) Virat Kohli
4) M C Mary Kom
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hrithik Roshan
On January 25,2019, Medical products maker Ascent Meditech appointed Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan as the brand ambassador for its brand ‘Flamingo’. Ascent Meditech’s product ranges from orthopaedic, healthcare, wound and injury, till to date it have over 300 products available to 47 countries in the world.
- World Health Organization (WHO) stated that more than half of the leprosy cases globally was reported by _____, on 25th January 2019?
1) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) India
On 25th January 2019,World Health Organization (WHO) stated more than half of the leprosy cases globally was reported by India although there is a steady decline worldwide in the number of leprosy cases which is estimated to be around 2 Lakh. Significant leprosy cases has been detected in South-east Asia region, Brazil, Sub-Saharan Africa and Pacific apart from India. WHO said leprosy related ‘discrimination, stigma and prejudice’ were the most powerful barriers in ending the disease.It also stated that disease is 100% curable if detected early. Leprosy is a chronic infectious disease which mainly affects the skin, the peripheral nerves, mucosal surfaces of the upper respiratory tract and the eyes. WHO’s Global Leprosy Strategy 2016-2020 aims at ending leprosy related discrimination, stigma and prejudice first as it plays a powerful role to achieve a leprosy free world.
- Name the Australian T20 cricket team that won the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) title in Sydney, Australia, on 26th January 2019?
1) Sydney Sixers
2) Brisbane Heat
3) Melbourne Renegades
4) Hobart Hurricanes
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Brisbane Heat
On 26th January 2019, Australian T20 cricket team “Brisbane Heat” won their maiden Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) title by defeating Sydney Sixers in the final by three wickets at Drummoyne Oval in Sydney, Australia. Sydney Sixers opted to bat first but couldn’t get off to a flying start that they unusually followed throughout the season and could score only 131 runs which was chased by Brisbane Heat with four ball remaining. Beth Mooney from ‘Brisbane Heat’ was awarded as the Player of the match for her knock of 65 runs from just 46 balls. Ellyse Perry from “Sydney Sixers” was awarded the “Player of the tournament” for scoring highest number of runs in the tournament. Teen leg Spinner Georgia Wareham from “Melbourne Renegades” was awarded with the Rebel Young Gun award in the WBBL.
- Which cricketer became the only batsman to score 1,000 runs in two separate Ranji seasons on 25th January 2019?
1) Amol Mazumdar
2) Wasim Jaffer
3) Sriram S
4) Naresh Iyer
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Wasim Jaffer
On January 25, 2019, Wasim Jaffer , the veteran cricketer became the only batsman to score 1,000 runs in two separate seasons. Jaffer made his first-class debut in 1996-97. Wasim Jaffer already scored over 1260 runs while playing for Mumbai in the 2008-09 season. Wasim Jaffer,now has 1,003 runs in the ongoing Ranji Trophy season. He is also highest capped player in Ranji Trophy cricket, surpassing Amol Muzumdar (presently batting coach for Rajasthan Royals).
- ‘Operation Olympics’ commenced in _____ on 25th January 2019, to train 123 athletes in 11 disciplines for 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kerala
On 25th January 2019, An expert programme ‘Operation Olympics’ managed by Kerala’s Sports Department and State Sports Council was commenced to train 123 athletes in 11 disciplines for 2020 Tokyo Olympics. The programme has the objective to provide international standard training to the athletes with the help of eminent trainers from both India and abroad. Under the Programme, Expert training will be provided in athletics, boxing, cycling, swimming, shooting, wrestling, badminton, fencing, rowing and archery. Training in wrestling, cycling, swimming and boxing has been started at various stadium in Thiruvananthapuram district whereas training for other streams will be at Kollam, Ernakulam, Alappuzha and Kannur districts. Miraitowa is the mascot of 2020 Tokyo Olympics while Someity is the mascot of Tokyo 2020 Paralympics.
- New Zealand’s Ewen Chatfield retired from which sport, on 27th January 2019?
4) Basket Ball
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Cricket
On 27 January, Former New Zealand pacer Ewen Chatfield retired from all forms of cricket, he made his debut in 1975. Ewen Chatfield retired from international cricket in 1989,then he played for the club for 51 years which gave him his identity. He played for the club named “Wellington club Naenae Old Boys”.
- When was International Holocaust Remembrance Day observed all over the world commemorating the tragedy of the Holocaust that occurred during the Second World War?
1) January 25
2) January 26
3) January 27
4) January 28
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) January 27
On 27th January 2019, International Holocaust Remembrance Day was observed all over the world commemorating the tragedy of the Holocaust that occurred during the Second World War. 27th January was designated as the International holocaust remembrance day by the United Nations General Assembly resolution 60/7 on 1st November 2005 in the 42nd Plenary session. The largest Nazi concentration and death camp, Auschwitz-Birkenau was liberated by the Red Army on 27th January 1945. Far-right activist along with other nationals gathered outside the former death camp of Auschwitz in Poland which was under Nazi German Occupation during the second world war, remembering the 1.1 million people who were murdered there.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh is ____?Answer – Kamal Nath
- Where is the headquarters of World Health Organisation (WHO)?Answer – Geneva, Switzerland
- Who is the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir?Answer – Satya Pal Malik
- What is the capital and currency of Australia?Answer – Capital – Canberra; Currency – Australian Dollar
- Name the Union Minister for Law and Justice?Answer – Ravi Shankar Prasad