AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 January 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Questions Based on Current Affairs January 27 2020
- Which state government has partnered with National Innovation Foundation & organized the “1st ever Innovation festival” recently ?
1) Kerala (Held in Kochi)
2) Madhya Pradesh (Held in Bhopal)
3) Uttar Pradesh (Held in Varanasi)
4) Maharashtra (Held in Pune)
5) Arunachal Pradesh (Held in Itanagar)Answer-5) Arunachal Pradesh (Held in Itanagar)
On January 25, 2020 Arunachal Pradesh state council for science & Technology (APSCS&T) with partnership with National Innovation Foundation organised the 1st ever Innovation festival at science centre IG Park, Itanagar Arunachal Pradesh. The two days festival aims to encourage the cultural innovation among the people and students of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Where was the India’s 1st Super Fab Lab inaugurated, that will collaborate with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States(US) to enhance the hardware industry ?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) AssamAnswer-1) Kerala
On January 25, 2020 the Chief Minister(CM) of Kerala Shri Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated India’s 1st Super Fab Lab facility at the Integrated Startup Complex of the Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM). The lab which will function in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States(US), will work in enhancing the hardware industry. It is the only such facility outside the United States(US).The concept for the Super Fab Lab was by Dr. Neil Gershenfeld, Director of MIT Centre for Bits and Atoms. He set up the 1st Fab Lab in the U.S. before 17 years.
- Name the scheme, launched by Maharashtra state govt with the aim of providing a meal to the poor for Rs.10 ?
1) Shiv Shetkari
2) Shiv Jyotirao
3) Shiv Bhojan
4) Jyotirao Phule Shetkari
5) Shiv PhuleAnswer-3) Shiv Bhojan
On January 26, 2020, The Shiv Sena party led Maharashtra Government (govt) launched ‘Shiv Bhojan’ scheme, with the aim of providing a meal to the poor for Rs.10 on the occasion of the 71st Republic Day. The district guardian Minister Aslam Shaikh inaugurated the “Shiv Bhojan Thali” canteen at the civic-run Nair Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Aaditya Uddhav Thackeray, Tourism Minister, and Mumbai suburban district Guardian Minister inaugurated similar center at the Collector’s Office in Bandra, Maharashtra.
- Which state government has approved the abolition of the legislative council which is a major hurdle for passing crucial bills ?
3) West Bengal (WB)
5) Andhra Pradesh (AP)Answer-5) Andhra Pradesh (AP)
On January 27, 2020, The Andhra Pradesh (AP) cabinet chaired by the chief minister (CM) Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy has approved the abolition of the legislative council which the government feels is a major hurdle for passing crucial bills.This approval came after AP government failed to pass 2 important bills (Andhra Pradesh Decentralization and Inclusive development of All Regions Bill-2020 for the tri-capital system & and the AP Capital Region Development Authority (CRDA) Act (Repeal) Bill) in the upper house of the legislature.
- Name the 2nd Indian state that has signed an MoU with the Government eMarketplace (GeM) to set up a GeM Organizational Transformation Team (GOTT) Project Management Unit (PMU) .
1) Uttar Pradesh (UP)
2) West Bengal (WB)
5) MizoramAnswer-1) Uttar Pradesh (UP)
On January 27, 2020, The Government eMarketplace (GeM) under the Department of Commerce of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoC&I) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with the Uttar Pradesh(UP) govt to set up a GeM Organizational Transformation Team (GOTT) Project Management Unit (PMU) in the state. It is also to be noted that UP is the second state after Punjab to establish GOTT-PMU. Aim: The aim of the MoU is to make the procurement guidelines easier and also to make procurement processes more enhanced for MSMEs (Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) in UP to transact on GeM.
- What is the total outlay of fraud cases in Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs) of India in the last 5 fiscal years (FY) ?
1) 230 crores
2) 221 crores
3) 185 crores
4) 175 crores
5) 165 croresAnswer-2) 221 crores
On January 27, 2020, According to the India’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), there have been about 972 cases of fraud in the urban cooperative banks (UCBs) of the country in the last 5 fiscal years (FY), in which banks have incurred losses of 221 crores. In the financial year 2018-19 itself, 181 cases of rigging have been reported, in which banks have lost Rs 127.7 crore. In the financial year 2016-17 and 2017-18, there were 27 and 99 cases of scams in UCBs. In which the banks lost Rs 9.3 crore and Rs 46.9 crore respectively. In the financial year 2014-15 and 2015-16, this figure of bank fraud stood at 478 and 187 cases respectively. In which urban co-operative banks lost Rs 19.8 crore and Rs 17.3 crore.
- Which Indian stock exchange has signed a licensing agreement with the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) Futures Europe ?
1) Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX)
2) Calcutta Stock Exchange (CSE)
3) Inter-connected Stock Exchange Ltd.
4) National Stock Exchange of India (NSE)
5) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)Answer-5) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
On January 27, 2020 the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) has signed a licensing agreement with the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) Futures Europe. ICE is a global exchanges and clearing houses operator. Through this pact, ICE Brent index will be used as a final settlement price for the rupee denominated Brent future contract of BSE. Agreement Purpose: Indian commodity markets will be provided with convenient as well as cost-effective onshore hedging products and the price discovery of Brent crude prices in the Indian time zone will also be enabled.
- Who was appointed as the Chief Executive of Indian Banks’ Association on January 27, 2020 ?
1) Rajesh Kumar Yaduvanshi
2) Lingam Venkata Prabhakar
3) Sunil Mehta
4) Agyey Kumar Azad
5) CH. S. S. Mallikarjuna RaoAnswer-3) Sunil Mehta
On January 27, 2020, Former managing director (MD) and chief executive officer(CEO) of Punjab National Bank (PNB), Sunil Mehta, took over as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA). Mehta will replace VG Kannan, who resigned from office as chief executive of IBA on December 31, 2019.
- How many persons were awarded with Padma Vibhushan awards for the year 2020 ?
5) 2Answer-2) 7
The Padma Vibhushan,instituted on 2 January 1954,is given for “exceptional and distinguished service”, without distinction of race, occupation, position, or sex.This year president approved the conferment of Padma Vibhushan to 7 persons.
- Legendary politician, Arun Jaitley & Sushma Swaraj along with George Fernandes Sri Vishveshateertha Swamiji & Sri Pejavara Adhokhaja Matha Udupi received which of the following award Posthumously ?
1) Bharat Ratna
2) Padma Shri
3) Padma Vibhushan
4) Padma Bhushan
5) None of the aboveAnswer-3) Padma Vibhushan
Legendary politician, Arun Jaitley & Sushma Swaraj along with George Fernandes Sri Vishveshateertha Swamiji & Sri Pejavara Adhokhaja Matha Udupi received Padma Vibhushan (Second Highest Civilian Award).
- M. C. Mary Kom received Padma Vibhushan award recently, she is associated with which sport ?
5) Weight LiftingAnswer-3) Boxing
M. C. Mary Kom received Padma Vibhushan award recently.She is associated with Boxing.The other Padma Vibhushan awardee are,
S.NO Name Field State/Country 1. George Fernandes
Public Affairs Bihar 2. Arun Jaitley
Public Affairs Delhi 3. Sir Anerood Jugnauth Public Affairs Mauritius 4. M. C. Mary Kom Sports Manipur 5. Chhannulal Mishra Art Uttar Pradesh 6. Sushma Swaraj
Public Affairs Delhi 7. Sri Vishveshateertha Swamiji Sri
Pejavara Adhokhaja Matha Udupi (Posthumous)
- How many Padma Shri awards were given for the year 2020 ?
5) 112Answer-4) 118
Padma Shri, Instituted on 2 January 1954,is given for distinguished service of a high order without distinction of race, occupation, position or sex.This year President approved the conferment of Padma Shri to 118 Persons.
- Who was honoured with the Harit Ratna Award 2019 at the 5th National Youth Convention(NYC) in Raipur, Chattisgarh ?
1) N Kumar
2) ST Sabarathinam
3) D. Ramakrishnaiya
4) R. K. Sivanappan
5) A. SampathrajanAnswer-1) N Kumar
On January 22, 2020 the Vice Chancellor(VC) of Tamil Nadu Agriculture University(TNAU) shri N Kumar was honoured with Harit Ratna Award 2019 at the 5th National Youth Convention(NYC) at Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (IGKV) in Raipur, Chattisgarh. The award was given by All India Agricultural Students Association (AIASA).Shri Kumar was awarded for dissemination of Rs.30-crore entrepreneurship project in agri-business and also for motivating students towards the agriculture sector in Tamil Nadu.
- Which Newspaper was awarded with the “National Media Award for print” by Election Commission of India (ECI) for encouraging people for ‘Right to vote based on the merit of candidates’ during Lok Sabha election 2019 ?
1) “The Times of India”
2) “The Economic Times”
3) “Hindustan Times”
4) “The Indian Express”
5) “The Hindu Tamil”Answer-5) “The Hindu Tamil”
On January 25,2020 Election Commission of India(ECI) awarded National Media Award for print to “The Hindu Tamil” as part of the poll panel’s national awards for voter awareness and education campaign in 2019 on the occasion of the 10th National Voters Day held at New Delhi. President Ram Nath Kovind presented National Media Award for print to K.Ashokan, Editor, The Hindu Tamil for encouraging people for ‘Right to vote based on the merit of candidates’ during Lok Sabha election 2019.
- Name the chief electoral officer of Punjab, who has bagged ‘Best CEO for Accessible Elections’ award for providing accessibility to vote to persons with disabilities (divyang), senior citizens and ill persons during Lok Sabha elections 2019.
1) Kavita Singh
2) Sirra karuna Raju
3) Bhupinder Singh
4) Sibin C
5) Gurpal Singh ChahalAnswer-2) Sirra karuna Raju
Punjab chief electoral officer, Sirra Karuna Raju has bagged an Election Commission of India award for providing accessibility to vote to persons with disabilities (divyang), senior citizens and ill persons during Lok Sabha elections 2019. President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the ‘Best CEO for Accessible Elections’ award on Sirra Karuna Raju, during a National Voter’s Day function held at Zoravar Auditorium at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi.
- Who was honoured with the “Best spoken word album of the year award” at the Grammy awards 2020 for the book “Becoming” ?
1) Michelle Obama
2) Craig Robinson
3) Hillary Clinton
4) Oprah Winfrey
5) George W. BushAnswer-1) Michelle Obama
Former United States(US) lady Michelle Obama was honoured with the best spoken word album of the year award at the Grammy awards for the book “Becoming”. Her husband and Former US President Barack Obama earlier has won two Grammy awards in the same category for his memoirs Dreams from My Father (2006) and The Audacity of Hope (2008). Michelle is also the 2nd first lady (wife of a president) to have won a Grammy. Former President Bill Clinton’s wife Hillary Clinton was the 1st second lady to win a grammy in the same category for her book “It Takes a Village” in 1997.
- Name the American singer and songwriter, who became the 1st artist to win the Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album and Best New Artist also became the youngest singer to win Album of the Year award in Grammy Award .
2) Miley Cyrus
3) Katy Perry
4) Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell
5) Lady GagaAnswer-4) Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell
American singer and songwriter Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell became the 1st artist to win the Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist in the same year itself since American singer-songwriter Christopher Cross in 1981. Eilish and her brother Finneas received the most awards, with five wins each.Eilish became the youngest singer to win the Album of the year award at Grammys.
- What is the theme of the Bharat Parv-2020, programme to celebrate the Spirit of India ?
1) Theme – “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”
2) Theme – “Celebrating 150 years of Mahatma Gandhi”
3) Theme – “71 Years of Connecting the World”
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
Bharat Parv, 2020, the programme to celebrate the Spirit of India , started at Red Fort in New Delhi and will be continued till 31st January, 2020. Special Secretary & Financial Adviser of Ministry of Tourism Shri Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi inaugurated the function in New Delhi. Theme: “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” & “Celebrating 150 years of Mahatma Gandhi”. The objective of Bharat Parv is to encourage people to visit different tourist places of the country and to inculcate the spirit of ‘Dekho Apna Desh’.
- Where was the 2 day National Tourism Conference held ?
1) Konark, Odisha
2) New Delhi, Delhi
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) Bengaluru, KarnatakaAnswer-1) Konark, Odisha
The Ministry of Tourism (MOT) will fund the travel expenses of the tourist who submits the photos in tourism websites after visiting 15 destinations of our country in a year. It was announced by the Union Tourism Minister Prahald Singh Patel during the concluding ceremony of the two-day National Tourism Conference held at Konark, Odisha. This conference was organised by Odisha government in association with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
- What was the theme of the 1st edition of Ganga-Volga Dialogue of Civilizations 2020 participated by India & Russia in New Delhi ?
1) Theme – “Promoting a Shared Destiny and Path to Prosperity”
2) Theme – “Advancing Partnership for Sustainability”
3) Theme – “Geosciences: The Basic Science for a Sustainable Development”
4) Theme – “Connectivity”
5) Theme – “Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World.”Answer-4) Theme – “Connectivity”
On 22 January 2020, The 1st edition of Ganga-Volga Dialogue of Civilizations 2020 based on the theme “Connectivity”, between India & Russia was held in New Delhi. The event was inaugurated by India’s Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan & was organised by the Ministry of External Affairs(MEA) in association with Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee Research Foundation.
- What was the theme of the 11th edition of ‘DefExpo 2020’ that will be held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UP) ?
1) Theme – “India: The Emerging Decisive Catalyst”
2) Theme – “India: The Emerging Defence Sector”
3) Theme – “India: The Emerging focus on energy efficiency”
4) Theme – “India: The Emerging Defence communication”
5) Theme – “India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub”Answer-5) Theme – “India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub”
The 11th edition of ‘DefExpo 2020’ will be held on February 5 to February 9, 2020 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The theme of the mega expo is “India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub”. It will be organised under the Ministry of Defence and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) .
- Name the firm, that will deliver Indian Navy’s 104th warship under the project P28 .
1) Hindustan Shipyard (HS)
2) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE)
3) Goa Shipyard (GS)
4) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders (MDS)
5) Cochin Shipyard (CS)Answer-2) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE)
INS Kavaratti the Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) stealth corvettes was built by Defence Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) for Indian Navy under the project P28.INS Kavaratti is 104th warship constructed by GRSE. The trails had been completed successfully and delivered by the end of January 2020.
- Where did Paleontologists discovered a new meat-eating dinosaur species named Allosaurus jimmandseni, that evolved at least 5 million years ago ?
1) Hanoi, Vietnam
2) Bangkok, Thailand
3) Utah, United States (US)
4) New Delhi, India
5) Jakarta, IndonesiaAnswer-3) Utah, United States (US)
On January 26, 2020 Paleontologists discovered a new meat-eating dinosaur species at Natural History Museum of Utah, United States(US) that lived in the food plains of western North America during the Late Jurassic period, between 157-152 million years ago. The new species named as Allosaurus jimmandseni evolved at least 5 million years ago and published in open-access scientific journal PeerJ. The name directly translates to ‘Jim Madson’s different reptile’ for the paleontologists who found the first two complete skeletons.
- Name the country, that will host the ICC Men’s T20 (Twenty -20) World cup in 2021, which is a replacement of Champions Trophy One-Day International (ODI) tournament that held in England in 2017 ?
1) New Zealand
3) United States
5) BangladeshAnswer-4) India
On January 23, 2020, According to the International Cricket Council ( ICC ), the ICC Men’s T20 (Twenty -20) World cup in 2021 scheduled to be held in India in October – November 2021. The tournament will replace the Champions Trophy One-Day International (ODI) tournament which was held in England in 2017.
- How many teams will participate in the ICC Men’s T20 (Twenty -20) World cup 2021 qualifier ?
1) 16 teams
2) 8 teams
3) 12 teams
4) 14 teams
5) 10 teamsAnswer-1) 16 teams
On January 23, 2020, According to the International Cricket Council ( ICC ), 4 of the 16 teams will qualify for the ICC Men’s T20 (Twenty -20) World cup in 2021scheduled to be held in India in October – November 2021. The tournament will replace the 8-team Champions Trophy One-Day International (ODI) tournament which was held in England in 2017.
- Which country’s basketball legend, Kobe Bean Bryant passed away recently ?
1) Sri Lanka
4) United Kingdom (UK)
5) United States of America (USA)Answer-5) United States of America (USA)
On January 26,2020 the American basketball legend Kobe Bean Bryant has died along with his 13-years-old daughter Gianna in a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter crash near Calabasas in Southern California. He was 41.Bryant is the fourth-leading scorer in National Basketball Association (NBA) history and selected to the all-star 18 times and earned a Most Valuable Player (MVP) award in 2008.
- Kodman Amarnath Shetty passed away recently, he was a __________ .
5) Social ActivistAnswer-2) Politician
On January 27, 2020 Janata Dal (Secular) (JDS) leader and former Minister of Karnataka Kodman Amarnath Shetty passed away in Mangaluru, Karnataka. He was 80.He was the trustee of Alva’s Education Foundation and also served as the Minister of Tourism and Labour in the government of Karnataka.
- Hemchandra Barua Bhasha Sahitya Sadhana awardee, eminent linguist Golok Chandra Goswami passed away recently, he belonged to which state ?
4) West Bengal
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Assam
On January 24,2020 Eminent linguist Golok Chandra Goswami passed away at the age of 96, in Guwahati, Assam due to old age ailments. Golok Chandra Goswami was born in Morigaon, Assam in 1923. Goswami pursued his master’s degree in Assamese language in Gauhati University, Assam. In 1985 he retired from Gauhati University as head of the Assamese department. In 2018, he was awarded with Hemchandra Barua Bhasha Sahitya Sadhana award by Satin-Pratidin group.
- What was the theme of the “International Holocaust Day 2020” that is observed on January 27 ?
1) Theme – “Liberty, Life and the Legacy of the Holocaust Survivors”
2) Theme – “Holocaust Remembrance: Demand and Defend Your Human Rights”
3) Theme – “Holocaust Remembrance and Education: Our Shared Responsibility”
4) Theme – “The Holocaust and Human Dignity”
5) Theme – “75 years after Auschwitz- Holocaust Education & Rememberance for Global Justice”Answer-5) Theme – “75 years after Auschwitz- Holocaust Education & Rememberance for Global Justice”
On January 27,2020 United Nations (UN), New York, observed International Holocaust Day all over the world commemorating the tragedy of the Holocaust (in which 1.1 million people were murdered) during World War II. 2020 marks 75th year liberation of Auschwitz, the ending of the second world war & ending of the holocaust. Theme: “75 years after Auschwitz- Holocaust Education & Rememberance for Global Justice” The theme seeks to ensure respect for the dignity and human rights of all people everywhere.
- ________ Republic Day of India was celebrated on 26th January 2020 ?
5) 74thAnswer-4) 71st
On January 26, 2020, India celebrated its 71st Republic Day. The day honours the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect i.e. on 26 January 1950.
- Who is the chief guest of the 71st Republic Day of India ?
1) Joice Hasselmann
2) Paulo Guedes
3) Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva
4) Sérgio Moro
5) Jair Messias BolsonaroAnswer-5) Jair Messias Bolsonaro
The President of Brazil Jair Messias Bolsonaro was the chief guest for the Republic Day celebrations and attended the Parade ceremony at Rajpath in New Delhi along with Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, President Ram Nath Kovind along with other leaders. It is the 1st visit of Bolsonaro after assuming his office in January 1, 2019. This is also the 3rd time a Brazilian president attended as a chief guest of the republic day. The last time a Brazilian President attended the ceremony was Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (former Brazilian president) in 2004.
- Name the artillery gun system, whose marching contingent took part for the 1st time in the Republic Day parade.
5) VidhwansakAnswer-1) Dhanush
The artillery gun system Dhanush, short-span bridge system and a marching contingent of the Army Air Defence took part for the 1st time in the Republic Day parade.Newly-inducted helicopters Apache and Chinook were also showcased by India for the first time.Apart from the Dhanush gun system, K9-Vajra, the anti-satellite (A-SAT) test conducted under Mission Shakti, and Air Defence Tactical Control Radar (ADTCR) of the DRDO (Defence Research Development Organisation) were also part of the parade.
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid homage to the fallen soldiers for the 1st time on Republic Day ?
2) India Gate
3) National War Memorial
4) Rashtrapati Bhavan
5) Amar Jawan JyotiAnswer-3) National War Memorial
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi paid homage to the fallen soldiers at the newly-built National War Memorial here on the Republic Day for the 1st time instead of the Amar Jawan Jyoti beneath the India Gate arch in New Delhi. The national war memorial in the India Gate complex behind the canopy was inaugurated by Shri Modi on February 25 2019. Amar Jawan Jyoti: It was built in 1971 to commemorate the soldiers martyred in the Indo-Pakistan war of 1971.
- Who was awarded with Uttam Yudh Seva Medal (UYSM) ?
1) DS Hooda
2) Ranbir Singh
3) Anil Kumar Bhatt
4) Satinder Kumar Saini
5) Kanwal Jeet Singh DhillonAnswer-5) Kanwal Jeet Singh Dhillon
Indian Army’s (IA) Srinagar (Jammu & Kashmir) based 15 corps commander Lt Gen Kanwal Jeet Singh Dhillon was awarded with Uttam Yudh Seva Medal (UYSM). He was awarded in recognition of his service to the families in Kashmir after the abrogation of Article 370(removing special status given to Jammu and Kashmir).K.J.S Dhillon had also launched ‘Operation Maa’ initiative in which Dhillon and his field commanders engaged in helping the children who joined terrorist groups.
- Name the Indian Navy commodore, who was awarded with the Nao Sena Medal (gallantry) for his operational preparedness post the Pulwama terrorist attack .
1) Naik Naresh Kumar
2) Jyotin Raina
3) Naib Subedhar Narender Singh
4) Bijendra Singh
5) Jyoti LamaAnswer-2) Jyotin Raina
Indian Navy’s commodore Jyotin Raina was awarded the Nao Sena Medal (gallantry) for his operational preparedness post the Pulwama terrorist attack in February 2019. Raina is the current Fleet Operations Officer of the Navy’s Western Fleet.At least 40 jawans of the Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF) were killed in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district on February 14, 2019 when a suicide bomber of the JeM(Jaish-e-Mohammed) terrorist group rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into their bus.
- What was the theme of the International Customs Day (ICD) 2020 that is observed on January 26 ?
1) Theme – “Digital Customs: Progressive Engagement”
2) Theme – “Data Analysis for Effective Border Management”
3) Theme – “A secure business environment for economic development”
4) Theme – “Customs fostering Sustainability for People, Prosperity and the Planet”
5) Theme – “SMART borders for seamless Trade, Travel and Transport”Answer-4) Theme – “Customs fostering Sustainability for People, Prosperity and the Planet”
International Customs Day (ICD) is celebrated on January 26 every year. The theme of International Customs Day 2020, “Customs fostering Sustainability for People, Prosperity and the Planet”.The day celebrated to encourage and recognize the role of Customs officers in maintaining border security and also focuses on the challenges that custom officers face in their jobs.ICD was celebrated to mark the anniversary of the formation of the Customs Co-operation Council (CCC).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Raja Bhoj Airport is located in which state ? Answer-Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Raja Bhoj Airport is located in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.It was in news recently because the Madhya Pradesh’s first air cargo terminal in Bhopal’s Raja Bhoj Airport will begin operations by the end of January .
- Where is the Headquarters of World Customs Organization (WCO) located ? Answer-Brussels, Belgium
- Grammy Awards was seen in news recently, it is associated with which field ? Answer-Music
- Name the Asia’s 1st stock exchange . Answer-Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
- Name the 3rd Highest civilian Award of India . Answer-Padma Bhushan
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/january-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try January Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]