AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs January 27 Quiz 2018 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- India, with which country inked four pacts to boost defence ties?
5. SwedenAnswer – 2. Cambodia
India and Cambodia inked following four pacts, post comprehensive talks between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Visiting Cambodian Prime Minister, Samdech Hun Sen.
1. India signed a pact for Cultural Exchange Programme with Cambodia for the year 2018-2022.
2. India and Cambodia will cooperate on the issues of prevention, rescue and repatriation related to human trafficking.
3. Objective of this agreement is to enhance India’s and Cambodia’s effectiveness in prevention, investigation and prosecution of crimes through cooperation and legal assistance in criminal matters.
4. Under this agreement, Export-Import Bank of India will extend $36.92 million Line of Credit to finance the Stung Sva Hab Water Resource Development Project in Cambodia.
- ‘Maitreyi Yatra’ is which state Government’s Student Exchange programme?
1. Jammu & Kashmir
5. KeralaAnswer – 1. Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir Student Exchange programme ‘Maitreyi Yatra’ concluded on January 26, 2018 in New Delhi. Student Exchange Programme is organized by Ministry of Human Resource development with an objective to acquaint the youth of Jammu & Kashmir with culture, language and development of different parts of India. Under Jammu & Kashmir Student Exchange programme ‘Maitreyi Yatra’, nearly 500 students of Jammu & Kashmir from Class IX to Class XII along with 50 supervisors visited Delhi on January 18, 2018. During their stay, the students of Jammu & Kashmir were paired with ten government and one private school. They also went for Delhi Darshan and visited Delhi University, IIT Delhi, Railway Museum, Rajghat, Red Fort and many other places of historical & cultural importance.
- Which state government hosted the 21st India International Seafood Show (IISS) on January 27, 2018?
2. West Bengal
4. Tamil Nadu
5. GoaAnswer – 5. Goa
21st India International Seafood Show (IISS) opened in Margao, Goa on January 27, 2018. This event was inaugurated by Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar. IISS is a biennial event which serves as a common meeting point for various stakeholders of marine products sector such as producers, processing machinery manufacturers, processors, and technical experts. Focial theme of 21st IISS is ‘Safe & Sustainable Seafood from India’. It has been jointly organised by the Marine Products Export Development Authority and the Seafood Export Association of India (SEAI). MPEDA is the nodal agency of the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry. During the course of this three-day event, leaders and experts of marine products sector will deliberate on policies, market trends, technology and action plan to achieving an export target of US$ 10 billion by 2022.
- Which Institute was announced as one of the champions of the United Nations’ initiative on Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland?
1. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
2. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
3. University of Delhi
4. University of Calcutta
5. Institute of Management and Technology, GhaziabadAnswer – 5. Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) of Ghaziabad
Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) of Ghaziabad was announced as one of the champions of the United Nations’ initiative on Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. PRME Champions Group consists of B-Schools involved as PRME signatories, working on real-time implementation of sustainability principles from various part of the world. Now IMT has joined a league of 38 B-schools that are part of PRME Initiative for the 2018-19 Champions Cycle. PRME Champions group aims to create and promote activities that focus on United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The member-institutes of PRME Champions group should take initiatives in curriculum, research and partnership to implement the goals.
- China has decided to establish how many international courts to deal with disputes related to its Belt and Road Initiative (BRI)?
5. 2Answer – 4. 3
China has decided to establish three international courts to deal with disputes related to its Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). BRI is Chinese Government’s development strategy that focuses on road connectivity and maritime cooperation between Eurasian countries. Chinese Government has made massive investment in this initiative. Over 60 countries have signed up for cooperation under this initiative. The three international courts will be set up in Beijing, Shenzhen and Xi’an, the capital of Shaanxi Province. Xi’an court will handle cases related to the Silk Road, while Shenzhen court will deal with Maritime Silk Road disputes. Court at Beijing will serve as headquarters for international courts.
- Which Bangalore based company has signed a Rs. 45-crore deal with Union Ministry of Defence to supply to Indian Army, indigenous simulators for gunnery and missile firing from BMP II vehicles?
1. SAP Labs India Private Ltd
2. Intuit Technology Services
3. Cisco Systems (India) Private Ltd
4. Alpha Design Technologies Ltd
5. Adobe Systems India Private LtdAnswer – 4. Alpha Design Technologies Ltd
Bengaluru-based Alpha Design Technologies Ltd. has signed a Rs. 45-crore deal with Union Ministry of Defence to supply to Indian Army, indigenous simulators for gunnery and missile firing from BMP II vehicles. BMP II is a Soviet-origin amphibious infantry fighting vehicle. Simulators manufactured by Alpha Design Technologies will be used to train missile firing personnel of this infantry. Alpha Design Technologies has confirmed that it will manufacture 57 simulators and will supply it to Indian Army over a period of two years. Currently, missile firing training is conducted on the actual BMP vehicles. Thus the simulators are expected to reduce wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Which Organisation signed an agreement with Department of Civil Aviation of Lao PDR, for providing SkyRev360?
1. Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
2. Airports Authority of India
3. NITI Aayog
5. RBIAnswer – 2. Airports Authority of India
Airports Authority of India (AAI) signed an agreement with Department of Civil Aviation of Lao PDR, for providing SkyRev360. SkyRev360 is a comprehensive e-data gathering, invoicing and collection system which has been developed in collaboration with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) under the Government of India’s Make in India initiative. The agreement was signed in Laos in presence of Ravi Shankar Aisola – Ambassador of India in Laos. This agreement is expected to strengthen bilateral cooperation between India and Laos.
- Name the 10-year-old Indian-origin boy in UK, who has become the youngest applicant to achieve the highest score in the Mensa IQ test?
1. Nikhil Joseph
2. Mehul Garg
3. Albrecht Beutelspacher
4. Günther Jauch
5. Dieter NuhrAnswer – 2. Mehul Garg
A 10-year-old Indian-origin boy in the UK named Mehul Garg has become the youngest applicant in to achieve the highest score in the Mensa IQ test. Mensa is world’s largest and oldest high IQ society. It is a non-profit organization open to individuals who score at the 98th percentile or higher on a standardized, supervised IQ Test. In the Mensa IQ Test, Mehul scored 162, which is two points higher than Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking. The test which Mehul attempted, comprised questions on language skills, including analogies and definitions and sense of logic. Last year, Mehul’s elder brother, Dhruv Garg (13 year old) also scored the highest score of 162.
- Who has resigned from the chief economist position of World Bank after he made a controversial statement on Chile’s rankings in ‘Doing Business’ annual report by World Bank?
1. Paul Romer
2. Harald Lesch
3. Spektrum der Wissenschaft
4. Richard David Precht
5. Edward SnowdenAnswer – 1. Paul Romer
Paul Romer resigned from his poistion as the World Bank’s chief economist. Paul Romer has resigned from the chief economist position of World Bank after he made a controversial statement on Chile’s rankings in ‘Doing Business’ annual report by World Bank. Chile ranks 55 out of 190 countries currently in the list. Paul Romer told a newspaper that, the downfall in Chile’s rank was due to methodological changes, and not from Chile’s business environment. He also said that it might even have resulted from the World Bank staff’s political motivations. He has resigned just 15 months after he assumed the position. He returns to New York University as economics professor.
- Which state Government launched the ‘Shakti’ app that features a panic button, for the safety of woman?
4. Himachal Pradesh
5. HaryanaAnswer – 4. Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the ‘Shakti’ app that features a panic button, for the safety of woman, in Himachal Pradesh. The ‘Shakti’ app was developed by Himachal Pradesh government’s National Informatics Centre (NIC). The ‘Shakti’ app is available in Hindi and English. It doesn’t require internet connectivity. When the mobile phone is shook the app is triggered and send its location through GPS (Global Positioning System). Message will be sent to the nearest police control room and audio, video recording is started after 20 seconds. Jai Ram Thakur also launched the ‘GUDDIYA’ helpline number 1515 and ‘Hoshiyar Singh’ helpline number 1090. The ‘Hoshiyar Singh’ helpline will be monitored by the Chief Minister’s office on 24×7 basis.
- Which Bio technology Company developed the Rotavac vaccine, the first vaccine that has been entirely developed in India to have passed this test?
1. BIOCAD India Pvt Ltd
2. Bharat Biotech Ltd
3. Pharmed Ltd
4. Medreich Ltd
5. Global Calcium Pvt LtdAnswer – 2. Bharat Biotech Ltd
Rotavac vaccine, developed by the Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech Limited has been “pre-qualified” by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and has thus become first vaccine that has been entirely developed in India to have passed this test. Rotavac vaccine is meant for protection against childhood diarrhoea caused by the rotavirus. It was developed last year and was included in India’s national immunisation programme. Attaining the “pre-qualified” tag means that it could now be sold internationally to several countries in Africa and South America. Earlier, several vaccines from India have been pre-qualified, but Rotovac is the first that has been conceived as well as developed in India.
- Which state won the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy at the Eden Gardens, in Kolkata?
2. West Bengal
5. KarnatakaAnswer – 1. Delhi
Delhi won the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy at the Eden Gardens, in Kolkata. Delhi defeated Rajasthan by 41 runs in the finals and won their first Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. Pradeep Sangwan of Delhi was declared Man of the Match. Unmukt Chand scored a half century and Delhi set a target of 154 runs for Rajasthan. But Rajasthan was dismissed at 112 runs.
- Chandrashekhar recently passed away belonged to which of the below given Profession?
5. DirectorAnswer – 4. Actor
Chandrashekhar, Kannada actor, passed away following a massive heart attack, in Canada. Chandrashekhar was 63 years old. He started his acting career as a child artist in 1969. His popular movie is Edakallu Guddadamele. After this movie people referred to him as ‘Edakallu’ Chandrashekhar. After his marriage, he moved to Canada and worked as a visa officer at the Indian High Commission. In 2004, he re-entered the Kannada film industry as a director.
- Who is the author of the pictorial book “Dilli Meri Dilli: Before and After 1998″?
1. Julian Marles
2. Charles Shenoy
3. Jack London
4. Zadie Smith
5. Sheila DikshitAnswer – 5. Sheila Dikshit
“Dilli Meri Dilli: Before and After 1998″, a pictorial book, by former Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit has been released. “Dilli Meri Dilli: Before and After 1998″ has been published by Palimpsest Publishers. The book contains pictures of Delhi on subjects such as heritage, culture, law, gender equality, urban environment, education, sports and transport. The book contains comments from Mark Tully, E Sreedharan, Sunita Narain, etc. The book depicts the evolution of Delhi, its transformation from the beginning of the new millennium, etc.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Staniya Svasasan Mei Addhi Aabadhi’?
1. Dr. George Orwell
2. George Soros
3. Dr. Sadhana Pandey
4. Monica Ally
5. Lanish AngolAnswer – 3. Dr. Sadhana Pandey
Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu released the book ‘Staniya Svasasan Mei Addhi Aabadhi’ in New Delhi. This book has been authored by Dr. Sadhana Pandey. Mr. Naidu said that it is an empirical study that captures the voices of the rural women who are occupying positions of authority at the local level. He added that it can help the policy makers to understand the perspectives of women representatives and address the key issues of empowerment, health, education, nutrition, information sharing and economic independence.
- When is the International Holocaust Remembrance Day observed all over the world?
1. 24th January
2. 25th January
3. 26th January
4. 27th January
5. 28th JanuaryAnswer – 4. 27th January
On 27th January 2018, International Holocaust Remembrance Day was observed all over the world. Every year, 27 January is observed as International Holocaust Remembrance Day in remembrance of victims of Holocaust (destruction or slaughter on a mass scale, especially caused by fire or nuclear war). On this day, UNESCO reassures its commitment to combat racism and all forms of intolerance that triggers group-targeted violence. January 27 marks the liberation of Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp by Soviet troops on 27 January 1945. The theme for International Holocaust Remembrance Day 2018 is: “Holocaust Remembrance and Education: Our Shared Responsibility”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the capital of Cambodia?Phnom Penh; Currency – Riel
- What is the currency of Laos?Kip; Capital – Vientiane
- Where is the headquarters of National Informatics Centre (NIC) located?New Delhi
- HAL heritage and Aerospace Museum is in which Indian city?Bangalore
- In which year the World Bank was founded?1944