AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 January 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the country that has completely phased out of the Hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC)-141 b, one of the most potent ozone depleting chemical .
2) United States (US)
5) RussiaAnswer-1) India
The republic of India has successfully achieved complete phase out of the Hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC)-141 b. It is a chemical used in foam manufacturing companies and is one of the most potent ozone depleting chemicals after the Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). India took the challenge to phase out HCFC-141b by January 1, 2020. HCFC 141b:Act to prohibit usage of HCFC-141b: The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) issued a notification for the prohibition of HCFC-141b from Jan 1st, 2020 under the Ozone Depleting Substances (Regulation and Control) Amendment Rules, 2019 issued under the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986.This was achieved through the ministry’s HCFC Phase out Management Plan (HPMP).
- Which country will be the guest of honour at 2022 New Delhi World Book Fair ?
2) United Kingdom (UK)
4) United States (US)
5) RussiaAnswer-3) France
On January 22, 2020 France ambassador to India, Emmanuel Lenain has announced that France will be the guest of honour at New Delhi World Book Fair for the year 2022 (NDWBF 2022) as part of the reciprocal invitation as New Delhi was the guest of honour for 2020 Livre Paris (Paris Book Fair).
- Which state government has made it mandatory for schools to read the preamble of the constitution under the name sovereignty of constitution ?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) KeralaAnswer-4) Madhya Pradesh
On January 26, 2020 the govt of Madhya Pradesh has made it mandatory for schools to read the preamble of the constitution every Saturday under the name sovereignty of constitution. This has been done to make the students understand the basic principles of justice, equality, liberty & brotherhood. The order has been issued by the department of school education of Madhya Pradesh. Earlier Maharashtra govt made the reading of the constitution’s preamble mandatory in all primary and secondary schools.
- What is the revised investment limit under Voluntary Retention Route (VRR) scheme, that was increased by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) from earlier Rs.75000 crores ?
1) Rs 1,00,000 crores
2) Rs 2,50,000 crores
3) Rs 2,00,000 crores
4) Rs 3,50,000 crores
5) Rs 1,50,000 croresAnswer-5) Rs 1,50,000 crores
On January 24, 2020, based on the feedback received from the Voluntary Retention Route scheme introduced by the Reserve Bank of India(RBI) in 2009, the central bank(RBI) in consultation with the govt. made certain amendments in the scheme to increase its operational flexibility. As per the amendmentsThe investment limit under VRR has now been increased to Rs 1,50,000 crores (1.5lakh crores) from the earlier Rs 75,000 crores. The minimum period of retention will be 3 years.
- Who won the 2020 Romain Rolland Book Prize for translating the 1st three albums of French cartoon series “Asterix”- “Asterix series: Asterix and the Golden Sickle”, “Asterix and the Goths” and “Asterix the Gladiator” ?
1) Anita Desai and Rohinton Mistry
2) Dipa Chaudhuri and Puneet Gupta
3) Ruskin Bond and Jhumpa Lahiri
4) Dipa Chaudhuri and Jhumpa Lahiri
5) Aravind Adiga and Ruskin BondAnswer-2) Dipa Chaudhuri and Puneet Gupta
Lenanin along with Leila Slimani, novelist and French President Emmanuel Macron’s Envoy for Francophone Affairs, conferred 2020 Romain Rolland Book Prize at Jaipur BookMark in Jaipur, Rajasthan.The Romain Rolland Book prize is given annually to the best translation of a french title into any Indian language inclusive of english.Prize winners: 1st 3 albums of the Asterix series (comic magazine series) – Asterix and the Golden Sickle, Asterix and the Goths, and Asterix the Gladiator, translated into Hindi by Dipa Chaudhuri and Puneet Gupta, and published by Om Books won the prize.
- Name the journalist and Chairman of the Hindu Group of Publications, who was honored with the Kerala Media Academy’s National media award .
1) Prannoy Roy
2) M. Veeraraghavachariar
3) Chitra Subramaniam
4) N Ram
5) Siddharth VaradarajanAnswer-4) N Ram
On January 23, 2020 popular journalist and Chairman of the Hindu Group of Publications Shri N Ram was honoured by Kerala Media Academy’s National media award as part of its 40th anniversary of formation. He was awarded for his outstanding contribution to journalism. The award carried a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh, a citation and a memento.The award will be presented by the chief minister of Kerala Shri Pinarayi Vijayan by the end of March 2020.
- Who was honored with the 1st of its kind award for brilliance in book design, “Oxford Bookstore Book Cover Prize 2020” for designing the cover of the book ‘Tiffin: Authentic Recipes Celebrating India’s Regional Cuisine’ ?
1) Sneha Pamneja
2) Akshar Pathak
3) Madhukar B Raju
4) Gopinath Prasanna
5) Sujata KeshavanAnswer-1) Sneha Pamneja
On January 25, 2020, Sneha Pamneja, a well known Graphic designer based in New Delhi, was awarded Oxford Bookstore Book Cover Prize 2020, a 1st of its kind award for brilliance in book design, at Jaipur BookMark of ongoing 13th edition of the Zee Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) at Diggi Palace Hotel in Jaipur, Rajasthan. She was honoured for designing the cover of the book ‘Tiffin: Authentic Recipes Celebrating India’s Regional Cuisine’. Key Points: i.Pamneja was awarded a trophy and a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh for designing an attractive cover. The award was presented to her by the jury comprising Jurors Dr. Shashi Tharoor, Namita Gokhale and Shobhaa De.
- Name the English actor and film director, who will receive the Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema Award 2020 during the 73rd EE British Academy Film Awards ceremony that held in London, United Kingdom (UK) .
1) Ian McKellen
2) Andrew Clement Serkis
3) Christopher Lee
4) Hugo Weaving
5) John Rhys-DaviesAnswer-2) Andrew Clement Serkis
Andrew Clement Serkis (55), an English actor and film director, will receive the Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema Award 2020, one of the British Academy’s top honours from British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) at the 73rd EE British Academy Film Awards ceremony,scheduled to be held on February 2, 2020 in London, UK (United Kingdom). Serkis got his credit with the creation of characters such as Gollum in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit series, Caesar in the Planet of the Apes trilogy, the titular gorilla in 2005’s King Kong.
- Which chipset manufacturing firm has launched the first 3 chipsets, “Snapdragon 720G, 662 and 460” developed with the help of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)’s Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC) ?
5) QualcommAnswer-5) Qualcomm
On January 21, 2020, In a major step to Made in India GPS (Global Positioning System) alternative, Qualcomm, an american multinational chipset manufacturer, has launched 3 chipsets in India – Snapdragon 720G, 662 and 460, along with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO). All 3 chipsets feature Wi-Fi 6 connectivity and Bluetooth 5.1 support &the most important thing is that these 3 chipsets of Qualcomm have been developed with support for ISRO’s Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC), a technology considered an advanced location positioning and navigation system than the GPS technology currently in use.
- Brazilian sportsperson, Joao Olavo Soares de Souza (31) has been banned for life due to match fixing and corruption, he is associated with which sport ?
5) BadmintonAnswer-3) Tennis
On January 25, 2020,According to the Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU), which is responsible for investigating match fixing in tennis, Joao Olavo Soares de Souza (31), a former Brazilian professional tennis player has been banned for life due to match fixing and corruption. It also fined Souza with $200,000.As per the investigation of TIU, Joao Souza did match fixing in tennis at the ATP(Association of Tennis Professionals) Challenger and ITF (International Tennis Federation ) Futures tournaments in Brazil, Mexico, the United States(US) and Czech Republic between 2015 and 2019.
- How many Indian English words were included in the 10th edition of the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary ?
5) 20Answer-4) 26
On January 24, 2020 the 10th edition of the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary was launched. In this latest edition 26 new Indian languages words were added.
- Which of the following word was not one among the 26 Indian English words that was included in the 10th edition of the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary ?
5) CoolieAnswer-5) Coolie
On January 24, 2020 the 10th edition of the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary was launched. In this latest edition 26 new Indian languages words namely Aadhaar, Chawl, dabba, hartal, shaadi were included. Several incorporate words like chatbot, fake news, microplastic & over 1000 new words were included. Out of the 26 Indian language words, 22 are figured in printed dictionary while the remaining 4 words (looter, current, looting and upazila) are in the digital version.
- Name the deceased eminent artist & sculptor, who won the Senior Fellowship in Visual Art Photography by the Union Ministry of Culture during 2008-09 .
1) Sher Singh Kukkal
2) Bharti Kher
3) Subodh Gupta
4) Anish Kapoor
5) Satish GujralAnswer-1) Sher Singh Kukkal
On January 25, 2020, Sher Singh Kukkal, an eminent artist & sculptor, has passed away in New Delhi after a brief illness.He was 86.Kukkal, a former art teacher at Sainik School Satara in Maharashtra, has received several awards.Kukkal, a man of with a rich experience in fine arts, was a resident of Buffa district, now in Pakistan. He worked as an independent artist, painting, making sculptures and also photography.He received a gold medal in painting from Queens College, Lucknow,Uttar Pradesh (UP) & Rajiv Gandhi Foundation award for his photography and painting.He was also honored with Senior Fellowship in Visual Art Photography by the Union Ministry of Culture during 2008-09.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Bandhavgarh National Park is located in which state ? Answer-Madhya Pradesh
- How many Deputy Governors are there in Reserve Bank of India(RBI) ? Answer-4
There are 4 Deputy Governors of Reserve Bank of India(RBI).They are BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra.
- Who is the President of France ? Answer-Emmanuel Jean-Michel Frédéric Macron.
- Where is the headquarters of Qualcomm ? Answer-California, United States (US)
- Name the India’s first anti-satellite missile test (A-SAT) mission . Answer-Mission Shakthi
Mission Shakthi is the India’s 1st anti-satellite missile test (A-SAT) mission.It was launched by Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) in March 2019.This was seen in news recently because Anti-Satellite (A-SAT) Weapon System was displayed at Rajpath in the Republic Day parade .