AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 January 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Questions Based on Current Affairs January 25 2020
- Where was the India’s first e-waste clinic inaugurated ?
1) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
2) New Delhi, Delhi
3) Pune, Maharashtra
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) Varanasi, Uttar PradeshAnswer-1) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
On January 24,2020 India’s first e-waste clinic was opened in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. The e-waste clinic was inaugurated by C K Mishra (Secretary to the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate change,MoEFCC). The e-waste clinic was jointly set up by the Central Pollution Board Control -CPCB and Bhopal Municipal Corporation -BMC.
- Under which organization assistance, Ministry of Women and Child Development launched “Establishment of Chairs in the Universities in the name of eminent women” to inspire women to achieve their goals ?
1) National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
2) National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
3) All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
4) University Grants Commission (UGC)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) University Grants Commission (UGC)
January 24, 2020 is celebrated as the “National Girl Child Day” under the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The Ministry announced an initiative called “Establishment of Chairs in the Universities in the name of eminent women” which encourages women to carry out research activities.This initiative was launched under the assistance of University Grants Commission (UGC) to inspire women to achieve their goals and to motivate young girls towards higher studies.
- Whose name was proposed as the chair for the “Administration” field by University Grants Commission (UGC) ?
1) Mahadevi Varma
2) Devi Ahilyabai Holkar
3) Rani Gaidinliu
5) Amrita DeviAnswer-2) Devi Ahilyabai Holkar
January 24, 2020 is celebrated as the “National Girl Child Day” under the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The Ministry announced an initiative called “Establishment of Chairs in the Universities in the name of eminent women” which encourages women to carry out research activities. The 10 chairs will be set up by UGC for five years. They are named after the Devi Ahilyabai Holkar (for Administration), Mahadevi Varma(for Literature), Rani Gaidinliu(for Freedom Fighter North East), Anandibai Gopalrao Joshi(for Medicine and Health), M S Subbulakshmi(for Art), Amrita Devi (for Forest and Wildlife conservation), Lilavati(for Mathematics), Kamala Sohonie (Science), Lal Ded ( Poetry and Mysticism) and Hansa Mehta (for Educational Reforms). Each chair will be given Rs 50 lakh each for a year with the total expenditure of Rs 5 crore per annum for a period of five years.
- Which state topped in vegetable production in 2018-19 (3rd advance estimates) by producing 29.55 million tonnes of vegetables ?
1) Uttar Pradesh (UP)
3) West Bengal (WB)
4) Arunachal Pradesh (AR)
5) Andhra Pradesh (AP)Answer-3) West Bengal (WB)
On January 20, 2020, According to the State-wise horticulture production data released at a conference organised by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, the state of West Bengal (WB) has been at the forefront of vegetable production in 2018-19 (3rd advance estimates), where the production of vegetables was 29.55 million tonnes (MT). It was followed by Uttar Pradesh –UP (27.70 MT) and Madhya Pradesh (17.77 MT). Andhra Pradesh (AP) continued to hold the top spot in fruits with 17.61MT in 2018-19.It was followed by Maharashtra (10.82 mt) and UP (10.65 mt).
- Name the country that received 30,000 doses of Measles and Rubella (MR) vaccine from Serum Institute of India Private Limited, Pune, Maharashtra, India .
5) NepalAnswer-1) Maldives
On January 23, 2020 the Government of India (GoI) has supplied 30,000 doses of Measles and Rubella (MR) vaccine within 72 hours on the emergency request of the Maldives government. These vaccines are supplied by Serum Institute of India Private Limited, Pune, Maharashtra.Though Maldives have eradicated Measles in 2017, it has detected four positive cases a week back, so the outbreak vaccines are sent on the emergency request.
- Name the organization that collaborated with National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) to establish ‘Communication Resource Unit’ (CRU) .
1) International Atomic Energy Agency, NewDelhi (Delhi)
2) International Solar Alliance, NewDelhi (Delhi)
3) Indian-Ocean Rim Association, NewDelhi (Delhi)
4) UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund), Hyderabad (Telangana)
5) United Nation, NewDelhi (Delhi)Answer-4) UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund), Hyderabad (Telangana)
On January 24, 2020, National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR),an autonomous organisation under the Union Ministry of Rural Development has entered into the partnership with UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund), Hyderabad (Telangana) field office to set up ‘Communication Resource Unit’ (CRU).
- Name the country that has received the approval to exit from European Union (EU) recently .
1) United Kingdom (Britain)
3) Czech Republic
5) RomaniaAnswer-1) United Kingdom (Britain)
On January 24, 2020 ,The presidents of European Commission Ursula von der Leyen & the European Council Charles Michel, have signed the Brexit deal agreed in the month of October 2019 . It will be placed before the European Parliament on 29 January,2020 for approval. Then the Diplomats from European Union (EU) member states will give written approval to the agreement on 30 January,2020.This will ensure Britain’s separation from the European Union in the prescribed manner from midnight on 31 January,2020.
- How many countries will be there in European Union (EU) after United Kingdom (Britain) exits ?
5) 27Answer-5) 27
On January 24, 2020 ,The presidents of European Commission Ursula von der Leyen & the European Council Charles Michel, have signed the Brexit deal agreed in the month of October 2019 . This will bring to an end 47 years as a member of the pan-European partnership. After Brexit, the 28 member states will come down to 27, but the withdrawal deal provides for an 11-month transition period for Britain until the end of 2020.
- Which country has launched the South Asia’s 1st and world’s 119th e-passport recently ?
1) Sri Lanka
5) MyanmarAnswer-2) Bangladesh
On January 22, 2020 Prime Minister (PM) of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina Wazed have launched e-passport in Dhaka, Bangladesh as Mujib Century year gift to the country. Bangladesh is the first country in South Asia and 119th country in the world to have e-passport facility. Malaysia is the first country in the world to launch this facility in 1998.
- FATF was in news recently, what does ‘A’ stands for ?
1) A – Auction
2) A – Arbitrage
3) A – Assets
4) A – Action
5) A – AssociationAnswer-4) A – Action
A stands for Action.The full form of FATF is Financial Action Task Force (FATF) .
- Where was the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) Asia Pacific Joint Group meeting held ?
1) Paris, France
2) New Delhi, India
3) Washington D.C., United States (US)
4) Tokyo, Japan
5) Beijing, ChinaAnswer-5) Beijing, China
On January 23, 2020 the Asia Pacific Joint Group, the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) international cooperation review group meeting was held in Beijing, China. According to China, the chairman country of FATF Pakistan has 75 percent chances of exiting ‘Grey List’.In 2018 June,Pakistan was placed on the ‘Grey List’ by the FATF and it may exist from ‘Grey List’ in next FATF meeting which is to be held on February 16,2020 in Paris, France.
- Name the Indian delegate, who visited Niger & Tunisia recently .
1) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
2) Rajnath Singh
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Amit Shah
5) Narendra ModiAnswer-1) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
External Affairs Minister(EAM) of India Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar has paid a visit to two nations Niger & Tunisia.This is his 1st visit to the African continent after becoming Foreign Minister.
- Which country has associated with India to set up the centre for innovation in Information and communication technologies (ICT) ?
5) LibyaAnswer-3) Tunisia
The Government of India (GoI) India has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Tunisia, a North African country for the setting up of a ‘India- Tunisia centre for innovation in information and communication technologies (ICT)’ in Tunisia. It was signed by of India to Tunisia, Mr. Puneet R. Kundal & Mr. Mohamed Ali Nerjri, Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Smart Tunisian Technoprks in the presence of Jaishankar & acting Tunisian Foreign Minister Sabri Bachtobji.
- Name the entity, that has partnered with the Airtel Payments Bank & Airtel Africa Plc, to launch real-time payments into millions of Airtel Payments Bank accounts in India & mobile wallets across 14 countries in Africa .
3) Western Union Company
4) MoneyGram International
5) Ria Money TransferAnswer-3) Western Union Company
On January 22, 2020, Western Union Company, a leader in cross-border, cross-currency money movement and payments, has partnered with India’s largest integrated telecommunications services company , Bharti Airtel’s 2 arms– Airtel Payments Bank & Airtel Africa Plc, to enable millions of latter’s customers in India to receive international remittances in their bank accounts & and Mobile Wallets across 14 countries in Africa.
- Which bank has signed a loan agreement of $210 million for Maharashtra’s Agribusiness & rural transformation project ?
1) World Bank (WB)
2) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
3) New Development Bank (NDB)
4) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
5) International Monetary Fund (IMF)Answer-1) World Bank (WB)
On January 24, 2020 the govt of India, Govt of Maharashtra and the World Bank(WB) signed a loan agreement of $210 million for Maharashtra’s Agribusiness & rural transformation project. This project will help the farmers in Maharashtra to take part in competitive agriculture value chains, enhance agribusiness investments thereby increasing productivity of commodities. All 36 districts of Maharashtra will be implemented with the project and would benefit nearly 1 million farming households.
- Name the wealth management platform launched by IndusInd Bank Limited that will cater high net-worth customers.
5) KAYPAYAnswer-3) PIONEER
On January 24, 2020, IndusInd Bank Limited , one of the leading Private Sector Banks of the country , has launched the asset management platform under the name “PIONEER’ Banking. Through this, services will be provided to high net-worth customers of IndusInd bank. Along with this, specially tailored banking services will also be offered, which will suit the needs of valued consumers.
- Who was elected to the board of trustees of World Economic Forum (WEF) along with the Patrice Motsepe on January 24, 2020 ?
1) Anshula Kant
2) Kristalina Georgieva
3) Mariya Gabriel
4) Gita Gopinath
5) Christine LagardeAnswer-2) Kristalina Georgieva
In the 50th edition World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting 2020 was held on January 21 to January 24, 2020 in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland. On January 24, 2020 WEF has appointed International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief Kristalina Georgieva and African Rainbow Minerals (ARM) Chairman Patrice Motsepe to its board of trustees.Kristalina Georgieva serves as the IMF Managing Director since October 2019. She also served as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at the World Bank, and as Interim President of the World Bank Group and also served as the European Commission’s Vice-President for Budget and Human Resources.
- Who was elected as the new Chair of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) for the year 2020 ?
1) Rajiv Mehrishi
2) Om Prakash Rawat
3) Achal Kumar Jyoti
4) Ashok Lavasa
5) Sunil AroraAnswer-5) Sunil Arora
On January 24, 2020 India’s Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sunil Arora took over as the new Chair of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) for the year 2020. Sunil Arora succeeds K.M. Nural Huda, CEC of Bangladesh.
- Where was the International Summit on Women in STEM–“Visualizing the Future: New Skylines” organized by Department of Biotechnology held ?
1) Guwahati, Assam
2) Kolkata, West Bengal
3) Chennai, Tamilnadu
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) New Delhi, DelhiAnswer-5) New Delhi, Delhi
On January 24, 2020, The Department of Biotechnology under the aegis of Ministry of Science & Technology has organized a 2-day long International Summit on Women in STEM–“Visualizing the Future: New Skylines” at the India Habitat Centre in New Delhi with the aim to increase the participation of women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) field for development of scientific career.
- Name the Indian delegation, who addressed the 50th edition of the 2020 World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland .
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Suresh Prabhu
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Piyush Goyal
5) Nirmala SitharamanAnswer-4) Piyush Goyal
The Indian delegation to the WEF summit was led by Union Minister of Commerce (MoC) Shri Piyush Goyal. Shri Goyal also participated in an informal WTO (World Trade Organization) ministerial gathering.He also held a meeting with CEO (Chief Executive Officers) of companies, attended round table conferences on ‘Accelerating Investments in Indian Railways’.
- What is the theme of the 50th edition of the 2020 World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting that held in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland ?
1) Theme – “Globalization 4.0: Shaping a Global Architecture in the Age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution”
2) Theme – “Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World”
3) Theme – “Creating a Shared Future in a Fractured World”
4) Theme – “Responsive and Responsible Leadership”
5) Theme – “Mastering the Fourth Industrial Revolution”Answer-2) Theme – “Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World”
The 50th edition of the 2020 World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting was held in Davos-Klosters,in Switzerland from January 21-24, 2020. The theme for the year 2020 was “Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World”. The WEF summit aims to engage world leaders to collaborate for global, regional and industrial development etc.
- Name the organization that has collaborated with multilateral organizations & released the “New internet security principles” to help nearly 1 billion users .
1) Internet service provider (ISP)
2) Internet Research Task Force (IRTF)
3) International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
4) Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
5) Internet Society (ISoc)Answer-1) Internet service provider (ISP)
On January 23, 2020 the World Economic Forum (WEF) has announced new internet security principles which will help nearly 1 billion users. The principles have been developed by a group of leading ISPs(Internet Service Providers) and multilateral organisations. These new principles will combat highly vulnerable cyberattacks and protect those 1 billion internet consumers spread in 180 countries.
- Which country has joined as a founding government member of the World Economic Forum (WEF)’s ‘Reskilling Revolution’ to provide better jobs, education, skills and jobs 1 billion people by 2030 ?
4) United States (US)
5) MalaysiaAnswer-3) India
The republic of India has joined as a founding govt member of the WEF’s ‘Reskilling Revolution’. It is an initiative which aims to provide better jobs, education, skills and jobs 1 billion people by 2030. It initiative also aims to provide new skills to workers for the 4th industrial revolution. Foundings members: Apart from India, the founding member countries include Brazil, France, Pakistan, the Russian Federation, UAE(United Arab Emirates) and the US(United States).Business partners: Some of the business partners of the initiative includes, Salesforce, ManpowerGroup, Infosys, LinkedIn, Coursera Inc. etc.
- Name the Indian University, that has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the University of Zurich (UZH) in Switzerland for mutual cooperation in higher education and research .
1) Noida International University (NIU)
2) Amity University (AU)
3) Shiv Nadar University (SNU)
4) O.P Jindal Global University (JGU)
5) Gautam Buddha University (GBU)Answer-4) O.P Jindal Global University (JGU)
The O.P Jindal Global University (JGU) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the University of Zurich (UZH) in Switzerland for mutual cooperation in higher education and research. The MoU was signed by JGU Vice Chancellor C. Raj Kumar and the President of the UZH, Michael Hengartner.JGU is situated in Sonipat, Haryana. It was the youngest university in India and in the world to have been made to the QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) World university rankings 2020.JGU is also the only Indian private university in the top 150 ”young” universities in the world in the QS Young University Rankings 2020.
- Which state government has received the investments worth Rs. 4,125 crores during the 50th edition of World Economic Forum (WEF) ?
1) Arunachal Pradesh (AR)
2) Madhya Pradesh (MP)
3) Andhra Pradesh (AP)
5) MaharashtraAnswer-2) Madhya Pradesh(MP)
Madhya Pradesh(MP) govt has made investments worth Rs. 4,125 crores at WEF from various investors. The investments were mainly on food and renewable energy sectors.The MP govt. Chief Minister Shri Kamal Nath Singh along with other officials held discussions with potential investors.
- Name the state government that signed a pact with 50th edition of World Economic Forum (WEF) to start “Centre for Internet of ethical things” .
1) West Bengal (WB)
4) Madhya Pradesh (MP)
5) KarnatakaAnswer-5) Karnataka
The govt of Karnataka signed a pact with WEF to start “Centre for Internet of ethical things”. The centre will provide competitive and a level playing field for investors and industrialists.The centre will also keep a check on misuse of artificial intelligence (AI) and enhance ease of doing business. Internet of Things (IoT) is a technology term used for the linkage of data, sensors on devices and machines and analytics on a platform.
- Which firm was honoured at the 50th edition of World Economic Forum (WEF) 2020 for its recent admittance to the Global Lighthouse Network (GLN) ?
1) Essar Steel
2) Jindal Steel and Power
3) Tata steel Kalinganagar (TSK)
4) JSW Steel Ltd.
5) Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)Answer-3) Tata steel Kalinganagar (TSK)
The Tata steel Kalinganagar (TSK) in Jajpur district of Odisha, was honoured at the WEF 2020 for its recent admittance to the Global Lighthouse Network(GLN) of WEF. The GLN is a group of corporations aiming to apply the 4th industrial revolution technologies. The award was given to Tata Steel’s Chief Executive Officer(CEO) and Managing Director(MD) TV Narendran.
- Which foundation has collaborated with the “Motwani Institute for Thought Leadership in Innovation” & launched a new initiative named ‘ASHA’ at the 50th edition of World Economic Forum (WEF) 2020 ?
1) Motwani Jadeja Foundation
2) Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
3) Rockefeller Foundation
4) Nobel Foundation
5) John Templeton FoundationAnswer-1) Motwani Jadeja Foundation
Entrepreneur, investor, philanthropist and founder of Motwani Jadeja Foundation Asha Jadeja Motwani has come up with a new initiative named ‘ASHA’ at WEF 2020 inorder to lead India’s contribution towards addressing global challenges. The ASHA initiative is led by Motwani Jadeja Foundation and Motwani Institute for Thought Leadership in Innovation (MITLI). The global think tank MITLI was for the first time introduced in the forum.
- Who chaired the World Economic Forum’s IT Governors community ?
1) Abidali Neemuchwala
2) C Vijayakumar
3) Rajesh Gopinathan
4) Roshni Nadar
5) Anant GuptaAnswer-2) C Vijayakumar
HCL Technologies’ CEO C Vijayakumar was named chairman of the World Economic Forum’s IT Governors community. The Forum’s IT Governors community convenes CEOs of the world’s top information technology (IT) companies in order to help them responsibly shape the future of their industry. It acts as a platform for setting industry priorities, building shared understanding and coordinating actions that lead to results.
- Which country topped in the climate sciences trust chart that was released during the 50th edition of the 2020 World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland ?
1) Sri Lanka
4) United States (US)
5) IndiaAnswer-5) India
The 50th edition of the 2020 World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting was held in Davos-Klosters,in Switzerland from January 21-24, 2020. The new public opinion poll was published in the WEF. It called for climate education and urgent upskilling. As per the opinion poll, it was found that the global public started losing trust level in climate sciences. In Contrast, Indians were the most trusting people in this regard. 86% of Indians trusted scientists on climate science.
Trust poll rank:
Rank Country 1 India . 2 Bangladesh. 3 Pakistan.
- Name the institute that has been included in the top 30 list of 1st edition of Positive Impact Rating 2020 along with the XLRI (formerly Xavier Labor Relations Institute) – Xavier School of Management .
1) Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad
2) Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Rohtak
3) Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore
4) Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta
5) Indian Institute of Management (IIM) RaipurAnswer-3) Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore
The 1st edition of Positive Impact Rating 2020 was launched at the WEF. As per the rating, 2 Indian business schools, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore in Karnataka and XLRI (formerly Xavier Labor Relations Institute) – Xavier School of Management, in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand have been included in the top 30 list. In the ratings, IIM Bangalore was placed in ‘transforming schools’ category (level 4) and XLRI was placed in ‘Progressing schools’ category (level 3) for the rating.
- Where was the 10th annual meeting of Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) held ?
1) Kabul, Afghanistan
2) Dhaka, Bangladesh
3) Malé, Maldives
4) New Delhi, India
5) Islamabad, PakistanAnswer-4) New Delhi, India
The 10th annual meeting of FEMBoSA held in New Delhi. FEMBoSA is a regional association of Election Management Bodies (EMB) of SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) countries and has 8 members.
- Which country launched the Nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile(SSBM) ‘Ghaznavi’ with strike range 290 km (kilometers) recently ?
5) United States (US)Answer-1) Pakistan
On January 23,2020 The successful training launch of nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile(SSBM) ‘Ghaznavi’ was held in Islamabad, Pakistan.The Ghaznavi missile strike targets upto a range of 290 km (kilometers).Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), media wing of the Pakistan’s army mentioned that the Training launch was part of Field Training Exercise of Army Strategic Forces Command.
- Name the portal launched by the Nitin Jairam Gadkari to monitor 3 lakh crore rupees project .
3) SHIKSHA VANI
5) GATIAnswer-5) GATI
On January 23,2020 Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport and Highways (MORTH) has launched an online web portal ‘GATI’ to monitor Rs 3 Lakh Crore projects on the pattern of ‘PRAGATI’, the portal used by the Prime Ministers’ Officer (PMO) for monitoring projects.The portal has been created by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) which as be accessed by NHAI website. The contractors and concessionaires can raise any project related issues on the portal.
- In which state, Estuarine Biology Regional Centre (EBRC) of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) discovered the New snake eel species also named as ‘Ophichthus kailashchandrai’ ?
1) West Bengal (WB)
4) Uttar Pradesh (UP)
5) GujaratAnswer-2) Odisha
On January 23, 2020 The new snake eel species residing in the Bay of Bengal has been discovered and documented by the Estuarine Biology Regional Centre (EBRC) of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) at Gopalpur-on-sea in Odisha. The new marine species have been named as Ophichthus kailashchandrai to honour the vast contributions of Dr. Kailash Chandra (Director of Zoological Survey of India) to Indian animal taxonomy. Ophichthus kailashchandrai is the 8th species of the Ophichthus genus found in the Indian coast and the 5th new species discovered by Gopalpur ZSI in the last 2 years.
- Name the Indian cricketer, who topped in the International Cricket Council (ICC)’s Men’s Test Batting Ranking on January 24, 2020 .
1) Cheteshwar Pujara
2) Ravichandran Ashwin
3) Virat Kohli
4) Rohit Sharma
5) Ajinkya RahaneAnswer-3) Virat Kohli
On January 24, 2020 International Cricket Council (ICC) had released the ICC test ranking in which India is at the top with 120 ratings. Indian Cricket team Captain Virat Kohli remains top in the ICC Test player ranking for batsmen with 928 points.
- Who is the author of the book titled “Balwa”, that describes the happenings in India in the 1990s ?
1) Dharmendra Pradhan
2) Pralhad Joshi
3) Prakash Javadekar
4) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
5) Syed Shahnawaz HussainAnswer-4) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
The Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will soon release his Hindi novel Balwa, a fiction story based on the happenings in India in the 1990s. It will be published by Diamond Pocket Books.The book revolve the concepts of society misleding by religious, political and administrative machinery. Also, Naqvi has written a Hindi novel ‘ Raj Lila’, which based on the story of tribal woman’s struggles & Cyber Supari will also be released soon.
- Which state’s former minister, Jagannath Rout passed away recently ?
2) West Bengal (WB)
3) Andhra Pradesh (AP)
5) OdishaAnswer-5) Odisha
On January 24, 2020 Senior Congress leader and former Minister of Odisha, Jagannath Rout has passed away at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar, Odisha due to cardiac arrest. He was 78.He has won the Dhamnagar constituency election in Bhadrak district, Odisha in 1980, 1985, 1995.He also served as the Odisha’s Minister of Industry from 1989-1990, as the Minister of Health and family welfare from 1995-1998 and as Minister of Urban Development from 1998-1999.
- Padma Shri awardee, Melhupra Vero passed away recently, he was a ______.
5) ProducerAnswer-2) Politician
On January 24,2020 Melhupra Vero, Former Rajya Sabha MP(Member of Parliament) passed away in Dimapur, Nagaland at the age of 88. He was the 1st person from Nagaland to become a member of the Rajya Sabha(Upper House). Vero was a member of the Upper House of Parliament for 2 years from 1964 to 1974The Government of India awarded him the 4th highest civilian honour of Padma Shri, in 2006, for his contributions to society. On October 1,2015, the Government of Nagaland honoured him during the International Day of Older Persons celebrations.
- What is the theme of the 10th National Voters’ Day (NVD) that is observed on January 25, 2020 ?
1) Theme – “No Voter to be Left Behind”
2) Theme – “Proud to be a voter – Ready to vote”
3) Theme – “Electoral Literacy for Stronger Democracy”
4) Theme – “Inclusive and qualitative participation”
5) Theme – “Easy Registration; Easy Correction”Answer-3) Theme – “Electoral Literacy for Stronger Democracy”
On January 25,2020 10th National Voters’ Day (NVD) was celebrated across the country over 10 lakh locations (including Polling Stations, District and State headquarters). President Ram Nath Kovind was the Chief Guest of the National Voters Day organized by Election Commission at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi. Theme: ”Electoral Literacy for Stronger Democracy”. The theme sets the tone for year-long activities which focus on voter education & renewal of citizens’ faith in the electoral process.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the world’s first patented heterogenous catalytic process that will convert multiple feed stocks into hydrocarbon liquid fuels, gas, carbon and water . Answer-Polycrack
Polycrack is the world’s first patented heterogenous catalytic process which converts multiple feed stocks into hydrocarbon liquid fuels, gas, carbon and water.This was in news recently because the East Coast Railway has commissioned the government’s first waste-to-energy plant which will turn ewaste and plastic into light diesel oil in 24 hours.
- Where was the world’s largest solar park, Pavagada Solar Park located ? Answer-Karnataka
Pavagada Solar Park, the world’s largest solar power park is located in Karnataka.This was seen in news recently because it becomes operational.It will generate 2050MW of clean energy .The park is located on land leased from farmers, utilising the drought-hit area & adding to farmers’ income.
- Coronavirus, a new respiratory virus was 1st detected in which city ? Answer-Wuhan, China
Coronavirus, a new respiratory virus was 1st detected in Wuhan, China.Around 80 persons were died. Across China there have been 2,744 confirmed cases, of which 1,423 cases were in Hubei.
- How many member countries are in Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) association ? Answer-8 Members
There were 8 member countries in the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) association.They are as follows, Afghanisthan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan & Srilanka .
- Where is the headquarters of International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) located ? Answer-Washington, D.C., United States(US)
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/january-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try January Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification