AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs January 25 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs December 2018 PDF
- Where did Minister of state of Youth affairs and Sports (Independent Charge) Rajyavardhan Rathore inaugurate the 2-day National declamation contest on Patriotism and nation building, on 24th January 2019?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On 24th January 2019, Minister of state of Youth affairs and Sports (Independent Charge) Rajyavardhan Rathore inaugurated the 2-day National declamation contest on Patriotism and nation building, in New Delhi. It was organized by Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKC) along with Department of Youth affairs. The contest has been conducting since 2015-16. Minister said that India is a country of diversities and therefore symbols like National Flag and National Another are necessary to inculcate feeling of belongings and Patriotism. It aims to further strengthen the spirit of nationalism in youth and whole hearted participation in nation building. It will enable the government to take lead in understanding the functions and policies of the government towards nation building. The contest helps to identify youth with leadership qualities and good communication skills for their development.
- Tripura’s chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb launched _____ as the logo for Tripura’s tea in Agartala, on 20thJanuary 2019?
1) Altaf Fort
3) Wall Gardens
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) NeerMahal
On January 20, 2019, Tripura’s chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb launched the logo for tripura’s tea in Agartala which would enhances its popularity all over the world. NeerMahal is the Tripura’s logo which is an iconic place in Tripura and it is one of the largest water palace in India. Tripura is the second largest tea producer with 10 million kg tea produced annually. The logo was designed by artist and designer Aparesh Paul.
- Which state government decided to form a ‘State Tiger Protection Force’ to protect the tiger population in the areas of Amarabad and Kawal tiger reserves, on 22nd January 2019?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Telangana
On January 22, 2019,The Telangana government decided to form a ‘State Tiger Protection Force’ to save the Big cat population in the State. The State and Central government will share the cost of the force with 112 members headed by the assistant conservator of the forest on40:60 basis. They are organised to protect the tiger population in the areas of Amarabad and Kawal tiger reserves. iii. Fund amount of 2.25cr was also sanctioned to protect the tigers and to prevent forest fire accidents.
- Where will the India Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX) be held from 18th to 27th March 2019?
1) Pune, Maharashtra
2) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
3) Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
4) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Pune, Maharashtra
On 23rd January 2019, the final planning conference to work out the modalities for India Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX) which is to be held from 18th to 27th March 2019 commenced in Pune, Maharashtra. India Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTE) 2019 will boost strategic Cooperation, political and military ties between the countries. Representatives from Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique, Uganda, Niger, and Zambia are attending the conference. Field Training Exercise will be carried out at Aundh Military station and College of Military Engineering in Pune. At present, the Chinese Military has spread its tentacles in Africa through military hardware cooperation. The exercise will unify humanitarian action and joint peace operation. As part of the exercise initial planning conference was held in December 2018. IAFTX will be the first ever exercise with several armies from Africa although Indian armed forces had given training to some military personnel from few African Nations.
- Union Cabinet approved amendment to Article _____ of the Constitution to increase financial and executive powers of the 10 Autonomous Councils in Sixth Schedule areas of North East, on 23rd January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 280
On 23rd January 2019, the Union Cabinet approved the landmark amendment to Article 280 of the Constitution to increase the financial and executive powers of the 10 Autonomous Councils in Sixth Schedule areas of North East. About 1 crore tribal people living in Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram will benefit by the amendment. According to the approval, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, Karbi Anglong Autonomous Territorial Council and Dima Hasao Autonomous Territorial Council are the places where State Finance Commissions will be set up. The autonomous councils which till now had to depend on grants from Central Ministries and the State governments for specific projects would get financial resources upon the recommendation of newly constituted Finance Commission. The elections of Autonomous Councils, village and municipal councils in the scheduled areas of Assam, Mizoram and Tripura would be conducted by State Election Commissions. This will facilitate elected village municipal councils ensuring democracy at the grass-roots level. The village and municipal councils will have to reserve at least one third of the seats for women. Two nominated members in all the autonomous councils will be women.
- Name the scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22nd January 2019, through which a group of Indian origin people currently in different nations will be taken to all religious places in India twice a year?
1) Pradhan Mantri Pravasi Bakth Yojana
2) Pradhan Mantri Pravasi Darshan Yojana
3) Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana
4) Pravasi Desh Darshan Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana
On 22nd January 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana in New Delhi. Under this scheme a group of Indian origin people currently in different nations will be taken to all religious places in India twice a year. Eligibility criteria for the scheme says that the person should be Indian origin and aged between 45 to 65. The group will be selected out of them with first preference given to people from ‘Girmitiya Countries’ such as Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica. First batch with 40 members are at Pravasi Bharatiya Divas and will begin their tour from there. Religious places of all major religious in India are included in the scheme and Government will bear all the expenses including the airfare from their country of residence.
- Where was the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas celebrations held from 21st to 23rd January 2019?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) New Delhi, Delhi
3) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
4) Jaipur, Rajasthan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
On 21st January 2019, the celebration of 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was commenced in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Prime Minister of Mauritius, Mr. Pravind Jugnauth was the chief Guest of Convention. The Celebration of 15th PBD was concluded on 23rd January 2019.
- What was the theme of the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas celebrated from 21st to 23rd January 2019?
1) Togetherness of Indian Diaspora
2) Role of Indian Diaspora in building New India
3) Indian Diaspora and Economic Development
4) Cultural Awareness among Indian Diaspora
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Role of Indian Diaspora in building New India
On 21st January 2019, the celebration of 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was commenced in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Prime Minister of Mauritius, Mr. Pravind Jugnauth was the chief Guest of Convention. The theme of this year’s Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas (PBD) convention was “Role of Indian Diaspora in building New India”. The Celebration of 15th PBD was concluded on 23rd January 2019.
- Which country will organise a Bhagwad Gita Mahotsav in partnership with the Haryana Government in February 2019 and the first Bhojpuri Festival in 2020?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mauritius
On 22nd January 2019, Mauritius Prime Minister, Mr. Pravind Jugnauth announced in his address as the Chief Guest at inauguration of the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh that Mauritius will organize the first Bhojpuri Festival in 2020. It was also announced by Mr. Pravind Jaugnauth that Mauritius will hold a Bhagwad Gita Mahotsav in partnership with the Haryana Government in February 2019.
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate the Centers of Excellence at Deen Dayal Hastkala Sankul, which is a complex dedicated to the handicrafts of the region, on 22nd January 2019?
1) Nashik, Maharashtra
2) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
3) Raipur, Chhattisgarh
4) Mohali, Punjab
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
On 22nd January 2019, Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Centers of Excellence at Deen Dayal Hastkala Sankul, which is a complex dedicated to the handicrafts of the region at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. Prime Minister released two books which are “Kashi: The Universe of Crafts and Textiles” and “Indian Textiles: History, splendor, Grandeur”. Further, a plaque was unveiled was Prime Minister, Narendra Modi to mark the inauguration of an Integrated Textile Office Complex at Chowkaghat in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- India and which country signed a MoU on 21st January 2019, that would provide modern infrastructural facilities to Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies of Eastern University?
2) Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sri Lanka
On January 21, 2019,India and Sri Lanka signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that would provide modern infrastructural facilities to Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies of Eastern University in Batticaloa district of Sri Lanka. The MoU was signed by High Commissioner of India to Sri Lanka Taranjit Singh Sandhu, and Secretary, Minister of City Planning, Water Supply and Higher Education M.M.P.K. Mayadunne. Our government have sanctioned a total amount of 275 million sri lankan rupee as a support to modernise facilities in the institute. The project involved renovation of the auditorium and construction of a new building with recording cum editing facilities for the institute.
- Where was the world’s longest 3D printed concrete bridge opened on 22nd January 2019?
1) Tokyo, Japan
2) California, United States of America
3) Shanghai, China
4) London, England
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Shanghai, China
On January 22, 2019,world’s longest 3D printed concrete bridge was opened in china.It is located on the Wenzaobang River in Shanghai, China. The Bridge is designed by Professor Xy Weiguo from Tsinghua University in China. The bridge is of 26.3 metre-long and 3.6-metre-wide and is made out of 44 hollowed-out 3D printed concrete blocks. The newly-opened bridge is made with a technology that supplies data and also vibrating wire stress sensors.
- ____ with the support of International Labour Organisation (ILO) and Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) implemented the 5-year ‘Working for Health’ global action plan on 23rd January 2019?
1) World Human Rights Organiation (WHRO)
2) World Health Organisation (WHO)
3) Labour Welfare Board (LWB)
4) Workforce Support Committee (WSC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) World Health Organisation (WHO)
On 22 January 2019, WHO (World Health Organisation) in collaboration with international labour organization (ILO) to for a global committee to work and implement the fundamental changes in health at work. WHO with the support of ILO and Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) implemented the five-year ‘Working for Health’ ,global action plan that woud ensure the necessary workforce for universal health coverage and stimulating economic growth.
- Which bank recommended Unconditional Cash Transfer to farmers to alleviate the agrarian distress instead of Universal Basic Income (UBI) scheme in its Ecowrap report, on 22nd January 2019?
1) State Bank of India (SBI)
2) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
4) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) State Bank of India (SBI)
On 22nd January 2019, State Bank of India recommended Unconditional Cash Transfer to farmers to alleviate the agrarian distress instead of Universal Basic Income (UBI) scheme in its Ecowrap report. Initiating Rythu Bandhu Scheme on national level may not be feasible presently because land data in several states including Bihar, Jharkhand, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu is not yet digitized. The Report suggested that Government should consider Unconditional Cash Transfer scheme until the problems are ironed out in terms of proper tenancy laws because it will be more equitable (on per farmer basis) with meaning full impact. As per the report, The Government had estimated Agriculture Subsidy (Plus Support) at Rs 98,100 crore in the 2019-20 budget which includes 13,000 crore for Crop Insurance, 15,000 crore for Interest Subsidy and Rs. 70,100 crore for Fertilizer subsidy.
- United Nations released the World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) report which projected India’s gross domestic product (GDP) to grow at ___ % during 2018-19 and improve to 7.6 % in the next fiscal?
1) 7.4 %
2) 7.3 %
3) 7.2 %
4) 7.5 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 7.4 %
On 23rd January 2019, the United Nations released the World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) report which projected India’s gross domestic product (GDP) to grow at 7.4 per cent during 2018-19 and improve to 7.6 per cent in the next fiscal. Besides the report projected that the gross domestic product (GDP) of India in 2020-21 will grow at 7.4 per cent. The robust private consumption, a more expansionary fiscal stance and benefits from previous reforms are the major pulling forces for India’s Economic growth. But according to the report a crucial challenge which needs to be addressed to uplift medium-term growth is a more robust and sustained recovery of private investment. The report also pointed out feeble job creation rates in the formal sector which has left many workers underemployed or in low-salary jobs, with the situation for youth particularly worrisome.
- Which insurance company has overtaken Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) to the best track record in terms of claims settlement for individual deaths in FY18, as per IRDAI’s Annual Report 2017-18?
1) National Insurance Company Limited
2) General Insurance Corporation of India
3) Max Life Insurance
4) Birla Sun Life Insurance
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Max Life Insurance
Private life insurer Max Life Insurance has overtaken Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) to the best track record in terms of claims settlement for individual deaths in FY18. According to IRDAI’s Annual Report 2017-18, Max Life settled 98.26 percent of individual death claims while LIC settled 98.04 percent.
- United Nations released the World Economic Situation and Prospects 2019 report which projected the Global growth to remain at ____ % in 2019 and 2020?
1) 3.0 %
2) 4.1 %
3) 6.4 %
4) 5.3 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 3.0 %
On 21st January 2019, the United Nations released the World Economic Situation and Prospects 2019 report which projected the Global growth to remain at 3.0 per cent in 2019 and 2020. In 2018 the Global Economy grew with a flat rate of 3.1 %.The report stated that more than half the world’s economies growth rate accelerated in 2017 and 2018. The report cautioned that the constant growth rate in the global economy hides an increase in downside risks that could potentially exacerbate development challenges in many parts of the world. The trade tensions which are accelerating are causing an impact on global trade and employment.
- Name the oldest ever candidate to appear for Kerala Literacy Mission’s Akshara Laksham (Million Letters) literacy exam, who was named the Commonwealth Learning Goodwill Ambassador, on 23rd January 2019?
1) Lakshmi Amma
2) Karthiyani Amma
3) Sugumari Amma
4) Shantakumari Amma
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Karthiyani Amma
On 23rd January 2019, Karthiyani Amma from Kerala became Commonwealth Learning Goodwill Ambassador. She was the oldest ever candidate to appear for Kerala Literacy Mission’s Akshara Laksham (Million Letters) literacy exam. Karthiyani Amma is from Alappuzha district in Kerala. She secured top position with 98% marks in Kerala Literacy Mission’s Akshara Laksham (million letters) literacy exam for Grade 4. She was 96 year old. Her story will now inspire other commonwealth countries and it also aims at promoting distant education in the member countries. Literacy exam includes reading, writing and Mathematics skills. Her next aim is to clear Class 10 equivalent. She started learning computer in a laptop which was gifted by Kerala Education. Commonwealth of learning is works for furthering education in the commonwealth nations and Akshara Laksham programme was launched by the government of Kerala on 26th January 2018 to achieve 100 percent literacy in the slate about Kerala.
- The 8th Battalion of National Disaster Response Force located at ____ was awarded the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar, on 23rd January 2019, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ghaziabad
On January 23, 2019,The government formed an annual award titled Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar. This award is to be awarded every year on 23rd January, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.The Award carries a certificate and a cash prize of 51 lakh rupees. For the year 2019, 8th Battalion of National Disaster Response Force located at Ghaziabad is selected for its work in disaster management. The award is an honour to acknowledge the contribution and selfless service of organisations and individuals to humanity in any kind disaster.
- Name the India-set short film that has been nominated in the Documentary Short Subject category for the 91st Academy Awards also known as The Oscars 2019?
1) Abacus: Small Enough to Jail.
2) Period. End of Sentence
3) Last Men in Aleppo
4) Strong Island
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Period. End of Sentence
A film on menstruation, set in rural India, titled “Period. End of Sentence,” has earned a nomination in the Documentary Short Subject category for the 91st Academy Awards also known as The Oscars 2019. Award-winning filmmaker Rayka Zehtabchi has directed the short film. It has been produced by Guneet Monga’s Sikhya Entertainment. The documentary feature is set in Hapur village outside Delhi, where women lead a quiet revolution as they fight against the deeply rooted stigma of menstruation.
- Who was appointed the new Prime Minister of West African country Burkina Faso, on 23rd January 2019?
1) Roger Henry Maria Thomas
2) Christophe Joseph Marie Dabire
3) Rex Van De Camp
4) Ron Haguard Alfred Simon
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Christophe Joseph Marie Dabire
On 23rd January 2019, Christophe Joseph Marie Dabire was appointed the new Prime Minister of West African country Burkina Faso. Christophe Joseph Marie Dabire is a politician and economist. He takes the reins of government at the time when Burkina Faso is economic and security challenges. He worked as commissions for 10 years at the West African economical and Monetary Union. He served as ministers under former President Blaise Compaore between 1994 and 1996. Dabire was head of the department of health between 1992 to 1997 and Higher Education and Scientific Research between 1997 to 2000
- President Ram Nath Kovind appointed _____ as the interim finance and corporate affairs minister because of Arun Jately’s health issues, on 24th January 2019?
1) K J Alphons
2) Narendra Singh Tomar
3) Piyush Goyal
4) Nitin Gadkari
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Piyush Goyal
On January 24, 2019,The President of India appointed Piyush Goyal as the interim finance and corporate affairs minister because of Arun Jately’s health issues.Piyush Goyal’s tenure as a interim finance Minister will be till August 2019. Jaitley will be designated as a minister without a portfolio during his period of indisposition. Being the interim finance and corporate affair minister,he will present the budget on February 1. This is second time , Goyal has been given charge of the Finance Ministry.
- Who will replace Rana Kapoor as Yes bank’s MD and CEO, on 1st March 2019?
1) Anuradha Ramakrishnan
2) Ranveet Gill
3) Prithvi Jain
4) Anmol Sinha
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ranveet Gill
On January 24, 2019,Yes bank got its approval to appoint Deutsche Bank India head Ravneet Singh Gill as the successor to Rana Kapoor.His tenure will begin from March 1,2019. Yes Bank’s hunt for new CEO ended up in Ranveet Gill as RBI rejected Rana Kapoor’s query extend to next three years. Though Kapoor’s CEO position ends up on January 31, 2019,He will still hold 10 percent in the bank share and will be entitled as the ‘Indian Partner’. Kapoor’s term at the bank ends on Jan. 31, after which there will be a month-long gap before Gill takes over,so the board of directors have decided to appoint a interim head to hold the post for that period.
- Competition Commission of India gave approval to which company for the acquisition of Den Networks and Hathway Cable and Datacom, on 22nd January 2019?
2) Reliance Industries
3) General Electrical
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Reliance Industries
On January 22, 2019,The Competition Commission of India gave approval to Reliance Industries for the acquisition of Den Networks and Hathway Cable and Datacom. Reliance acquired 66% in DEN and 51.3% in Hathway for total cost of Rs 5,230 crore.Out of which,In DEN, RIL is making a primary investment of Rs 2,045 crore through a preferential issue and secondary purchase of Rs 245 crore from existing promoters. In Hathway, RIL is investing Rs 2,940 crore .
- Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba commissioned new Naval Air Base ‘INS KOHASSA’ at Diglipur, in _____, on 24thJanuary 2019?
1) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
On 24th January 2019, Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba commissioned new Naval Air Base ‘INS KOHASSA’ at Diglipur, Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The air base is situated at the northernmost part of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It will be used for both defence and civil aircraft. The air base will function as an independent unit and will be used to handle operations of helicopters and small aircrafts like the Dornier. INS Kohassa being the third air base in Andaman and Nicobar Islands will be used for surveillance of Chinese ships and submarines entering the Indian Ocean through Malacca Strait. The probable reason behind INS Kohassa is a Chinese submarine docked on Colombo port in Sri Lanka in 2014 which drew an alarm and India government raised the issue to Sri Lankan authorities.
- Inter-state trade through e-NAM was initiated with the first trade of groundnut between a farmer in Telangana and a trader in Andhra Pradesh, on 19th January 2019. What does “M” represent in e-NAM?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Market
e-NAM – National Agriculture Market
On 19th January 2019, the inter-state trade through e-NAM was initiated with the first trade of 8.46 quintal of groundnut between a farmer from Gadwal Mandi in Telangana and a trader from Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh. The e-NAM, a pan India electronic trading portal aims to network the existing physical regulated wholesale market also known as APMC market thorough a virtual platform in order to create a unified national market for agricultural commodities. The e-NAM portal has integrated the 585 Regulated markets in 16 states and 2 Union Territories with trading in 124 commodities on the common e-market platform. Prime Minister, Narendra Modi launched the e-NAM portal on 14th April 2016 in 21 Mandis across 8 states with for trading in 24 commodities. The Government plans expand the e-NAM project and integrate 415 more mandis by Marsh 2020. As of now, 2.29 crores market trades with value more than Rs 60000 crore has been initiated on the e-NAM portal.
- Lassa fever has killed 16 people in which country since early January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Nigeria
Nigerian health authorities have declared a new outbreak of Lassa fever that has killed 16 people since early January 2019. Even though it was successfully contained in 2018. A total of 172 suspected cases have been identified since January 1, of which 60 were confirmed positive.
- Atin Bandyopadhyay passed away in Kolkata due to brain stroke, on 19th January 2019. He was a ____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Writer
On January 19, 2019,Veteran Bengali writer Atin Bandyopadhyay passed away in kolkata due to brain stroke. He received Sahitya Akademi award for his compilation of short story “Panchashati Galpo. Some of other ficition written by him are ‘Aloukik Jaljaan’, ‘Nil Timi’, ‘Ekti Jaler Rekha’. His masterpiece was a four part tetra-logy on the partion : Nilkantha Pakhir Khonje,”Manusher Gharbari” Aloukik Jalajan and Ishwarer Bagan. He was also entitled with the Bankim Puraskar (1998) for his work Dui Bharatbarsho.
- Russell Baker died due to severe health complications on 23rd January 2019. What was his occupation?
1) Football Player
3) Film Maker
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Author
On January 23, 2019,Pulitzer winning author yet well known for his columns in The New York Times passed away at the age of 93 due to severe health complications. Baker won Pulitzers in 1979 for the “Observer,” the Times column , and in 1983 for his autobiography “Growing Up”.
- When was International Day of Education celebrated throughout the world?
1) January 23
2) January 22
3) January 24
4) January 21
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) January 24
24th January is observed as International Day of Education. On 3 December 2018, the United Nations General Assembly decided to celebrate 24 January as International Day of Education, in a way to appraise the role of education for peace and development. The right to education is represented in article 26 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- What was the theme of National Girl Child Day 2019 celebrated in India on 24th January 2019?
1) Save Girl Child
2) Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow
3) Girl Child: Tomorrow’s Pillars
4) Help Girl Child
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow
On 24th January 2019, the nation celebrated National Girl Child Day 2019 through various programmes including awareness campaign on save girl child, child sex ratios and creating a healthy and safe environment for a girl child throughout the country.The theme for National Girl Child Day 2019 is “Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow”. On the occasion the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) organised an event at Pravasi Bharti Kendra, Chankyapuri, New Delhi. The event which was graced by Union Minister, MWCD, Maneka Sanjay Gandhi as Chief Guest and Minister of State MWCD, Dr. Virendra Kumar as the Guest of Honour also observed the anniversary of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP)Scheme.
- When did Uttar Pradesh celebrate its 69th foundation day known as “UP DIVAS” in Lucknow?
1) January 22
2) January 21
3) January 24
4) January 23
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) January 24
On January 24, 2019,Uttar Pradesh celebrated it’s 69th foundation day in Lucknow as “UP DIVAS”. Uttar Pradesh earlier known as United Province, got its name as Uttar Pradesh on January 24, 1950.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is Saddle peak National Park located?Answer – Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- What is the capital and currency of Burkina Faso?Answer – Capital – Ouagadougou; Currency – Franc
- Who is the Prime Minister of Mauritius?Answer – Pravind Jugnauth
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of State Bank of India (SBI)?Answer – Chairman – Rajnish Kumar; Headquarters – Mumbai
- Secretary General of United Nations is _____?Answer – António Guterres