AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 January 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Where did, East Coast Railway (ECoR) commissioned Indian Railways 1st & India’s 4th waste to energy plant ?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
3) Guwahati, Assam
4) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
5) New Delhi, DelhiAnswer-4) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
On January 22, 2020 Railway Board Member (Rolling Stock) Rajesh Agarwal inaugurated the East Coast Railway’s (ECoR) waste to energy plant at Mancheswar Carriage Repair workshop in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It is the fourth waste to energy plant in the country and first plant manufactured by Indian Railways (IR).Total cost of the plant is Rs 1.79 crore and it can convert 500kg waste to light diesel oil which can be used in light furnaces.
- Which organization has released the vision document for the National Data and Analytics Platform (NDAP) that provide tools for analytics and visualisation of data to stakeholders ?
1) National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
2) National Development Council
3) Finance Commission
4) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
5) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)Answer-1) National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
On January 23, 2020 , NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog, a policy think tank of the Government of India (GoI),has released the vision document for the National Data and Analytics Platform (NDAP), which contain the latest datasets from several government departments and will also provide tools for analytics and visualisation of data to stakeholders in a user-friendly manner.The website for NDAP can be accessible by public & have features for visually-impaired users, audio and video tutorials in bilingual manner (Hindi & English language) and datasets in multiple languages.In addition, the NDAP will enable users to follow a sector, dataset and location which they are interested in. They will also get update alert of these datasets.
- In which city, government of India will set up India’s 1st war memorial for service animals such as dogs, horses, mules ?
1) Hyderabad, Telangana
2) Guwahati, Assam
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) New Delhi, Delhi
5) Meerut, Uttar Pradesh(UP)Answer-5) Meerut, Uttar Pradesh(UP)
On January 23, 2020 the govt has announced to set up country’s 1st war memorial for service animals such as dogs, horses, mules in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh(UP). This war memorial will come at army’s specialised breeding, rearing training centre for animals in the Remount and Veterinary Corps (RVC) Centre and College in Meerut. Names of 300 dogs, 350 handlers and a few horses mules that had dedicated its life in various military operations like kargil war etc will be inscribed in the granite tablets in the memorial. Mansi, a labrador breed dog which was awarded the highest honour of animals will top the list of animals to be remembered.The Indian currently has army has more than 100 dogs, 5000 mules and 1500 horses.
- Which city has joined the list of ‘Open Defecation Free (ODF)’ cities recently ?
5) LadakhAnswer-4) Srinagar
On January 21,2020 Mayor of Srinagar Junai Azim Mattu announced that the Srinagar has joined the list of ‘Open Defecation Free (ODF)’ cities. Swachata certificate: Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir received its Swachata certificate from Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Central Government and joins the list of cities that are now ‘OPEN DEFECATION FREE’. Achievement of Srinagar: Srinagar receives 45th Rank in Cleanest cities in the country.
- Name the project that was launched by World Economic Forum(WEF) and its partners to support efforts to grow, restore and conserve 1 trillion trees globally.
5) 1t.orgAnswer-5) 1t.org
On January 21, 2020 the World Economic Forum(WEF) and its partners have launched 1t.org which is a multistakeholder effort to support efforts to grow, restore and conserve 1 trillion trees around the world inorder to restore the biodiversity and help combat climate change. 1t.org’s aims and efforts to be taken: Project aim: 1t.org project aims to unite all the countries’ govts, non-govt. organisations, businesses & individuals in to restore nature in a mass scale. The initiative is set up with initial support of Salesforce (CRM) Chairman Marc and his wife Lynne Benioff who are also American internet entrepreneurs.
- Which country minted the world’s smallest gold coin of 2.96 millimeter (0.12 inches), that features a face of scientist Albert Einstein sticking out his tongue ?
1) United Kingdom (UK)
4) United States (US)
5) RussiaAnswer-3) Switzerland
On January 23,2020 Switzerland state-owned Swissmint has minted World’s smallest gold coin of 2.96 millimeter (0.12 inches). The coin features a face of scientist Albert Einstein sticking out his tongue. It weighs 0.063 grams (1/500 th of an ounce) and has a nominal value of 1/4 Swiss francs (USD United States Dollar- 0.26).Its weight is comparable to that of 2 grains of rice.Swissmint has minted 999 coins which will be sold for 199 francs with a special magnifying glass to see Einstein’s face.
- What is the increased short-term debt investments limit for foreign portfolio investors (FPIs), that was set as 20% earlier by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ?
1) 30 %
2) 40 %
3) 50 %
4) 55 %
5) 45 %Answer-1) 30 %
On January 23, 2020, With the aim to boost foreign inflows, India’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has increased the short-term investments by foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) to 30 % from 20 % of the total FPI investment in Central government securities including Treasury Bills (T-bills) / state development loans. This rule also applies in corporate bonds. These directions are issued under sections 10(4) and 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999).
- What is the maximum voluntary investment limit that can invested by the Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) through the Voluntary Retention Route (VRR) ?
1) Rs 5,00,000 crore
2) Rs 3,50,000 crore
3) Rs 2,00,000 crore
4) Rs 1,50,000 crore
5) Rs 1,00,000 croreAnswer-4) Rs 1,50,000 crore
RBI also doubled the voluntary investment limit for FPIs through the voluntary retention route (VRR). Now FPIs can invest up to Rs 1,50,000 crore through VRR as against the earlier limit of Rs 75,000 crore. The minimum retention period should be 3 years. As on December 31,2019, about Rs 54,300 crore has already been invested under the scheme. After increasing the limit under the scheme, now Rs.90630 crores can be invested in it.
- Which bank has launched India’s 1st multilingual voice-enabled mobile banking application ‘All-In-One’ using which users can communicate with the chat–bot ‘Ask Lakshmi’ for their general banking queries ?
1) Bank of Baroda (BoB)
2) City Union Bank (CUB)
3) State Bank of India (SBI)
4) Canara Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-2) City Union Bank (CUB)
On January 22, 2020, For the 1st time India, the City Union Bank (CUB) Limited , one of the leading Indian banks in India, has launched a multilingual voice-enabled mobile banking application. Now the CUB customers can converse with the chat–bot ‘Ask Lakshmi’ of the app in Tamil, English, Hindi / Telugu language for their general banking queries including transactions like Balance enquiry, mini statement, fund transfer over voice/text instructions.
- Name the bank that has decided to convert into a Small Finance Bank (SFB) under Voluntary Transition of Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs) into SFB .
1) Sangli Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd
2) Karad Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd.
3) Nagpur Nagrik Sahakari Bank Ltd
4) Nasik Merchant’s Co-operative Bank Ltd.
5) New India Co-operative Bank (NICB)Answer-5) New India Co-operative Bank (NICB)
On January 20, 2020 the New India Co-operative Bank (NICB) has been decided to be converted into a Small Finance Bank (SFB) after being agreed by its shareholders under Voluntary Transition of Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs) into SFB. NICB will now approach the Reserve Bank of India(RBI) and Central Registrar of Societies for further action.
- Which 2 countries have signed an agreement to upgrade the 50.58 kilometer long Ashuganj-Akhaura road into a 4-lane highway ?
1) India and China
2) India and Myanmar
3) India and Nepal
4) India and SriLanka
5) India and BangladeshAnswer-5) India and Bangladesh
On January 24, 2020 India and Bangladesh have signed an agreement to upgrade the 50.58 kilometer long Ashuganj-Akhaura road into a 4-lane highway. The road runs between Ashuganj river port and the Akhaura land port in Bangladesh. The road project is part of the $2 billion second Line of Credit(LoC) extended by India to Bangladesh in 2016. Roads and Highways Department (RHD) of Bangladesh and Afcons Infrastructure Limited of India will upgrade 39 km long road between Ashuganj river port to Dharhar area of Chattisgarh.The work to upgrade the remaining part of the road will be from Dharhar to Akhaura will be done by the RHS and an India-Bangladesh joint venture(JV).
- Name the organization that has signed an agreement with Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) to strengthen grassroots of institutions for rural poor .
1) Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation(BMGF)
2) John Templeton Foundation (JTF)
3) Walton Family Foundation (WFF)
4) Nobel Foundation (NF)
5) Rockefeller Foundation (RF)Answer-1) Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation(BMGF)
On January 22, 2020 the Ministry of Rural Development(MoRD) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation(BMGF) under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM). The MoU is to further strengthen grassroots of institutions for rural poor. MoU signing: The MoU was signed by Smt Alka Upadhyaya, Additional Secretary and Mission Director of NRLM on behalf of MoRD while it was signed by Shri AlkeshWadhwanion on behalf of BMGF in presence of MoRD secretary Shri Rajesh Bhushan.
- Who was appointed as the panel member of the Advisory Board for Banking Frauds (ABBF) of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) on January 24, 2020 ?
1) Vineet Anand
2) Anindo Majumdar
3) A.D.M Chavali
4) Nanak Chand
5) Sanjeev KumarAnswer-3) A.D.M Chavali
On January 24, 2020 the Central Vigilance Commission(CVC) has appointed former Indian Overseas Bank(IOB) Executive Director as A.D.M Chavali as its new panel member of the Advisory Board for Banking Frauds (ABBF) and will serve the board till August 20, 2021. Board aim: The board headed by T.M Bhasin former Vigilance Commissioner and former Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the Indian Bank(IB), was formed in 2019 and aims to conduct examination of allegations against officials in General Managers (GM) ranking involved in fraud cases of worth above Rs.50 crores.
- Who was awarded with the 5th edition of the Mahakavi Sethia Award for poetry during 13th edition of the Zee Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) ?
1) Nissim Ezekiel
2) Arvind Krishna Mehrotra
3) Jeet Thayil
4) Arun Kolatkar
5) A. K. RamanujanAnswer-2) Arvind Krishna Mehrotra
Renowned poet and literary critic Arvind Krishna Mehrotra was awarded 5th edition of the Mahakavi Sethia Award for poetry during JLF 2020. The award is given in memory of Rajasthani and Hindi poet Kanhaiyalal Sethia and carries a cash prize of Rs. 1 Lakh. The 13th edition of the Zee Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) began at Diggi Palace Hotel in Jaipur, Rajasthan on January 23, 2020 and will be conducted till January 27, 2020. The 5-day long festival was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Rajasthan Shri Ashok Gehlot.
- Name the Kerala boy, who will receive the “Bharat Award 2019” from President of India Shri, Ram Nath Kovind on Republic Day along with Akash Khillare instituted by Indian Council for Child Welfare (ICCW) .
1) Aarti Kiran Shet
2) Kamal Krishna Das
3) Kanti Paikra
5) Adithya KAnswer-5) Adithya K
On January 21, 2020, Indian Council for Child Welfare (ICCW), which selects children for the National Bravery Awards every year, has picked 22 children including 10 girls & 12 boys from 12 States for the ICCW National Bravery Awards-2019. They will receive the award from President of IndiaShri, Ram Nath Kovind on 26th January 2020 (Republic Day). The prestigious Bharat Award will be conferred on Adithya K (15) from Kerala for saving more than 40 lives after a bus they were travelling in caught fire. Akash Khillare from Aurangabad (Maharashtra) will be getting a bravery award for rescued the life of a 5-year-old girl and her mother after he saw them sinking while on his way to school.
- Which organization won the “2nd Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2020” in the “institution category” for the contributions in disaster management ?
1) Disaster Mitigation And Management Centre (DMMC)
2) National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA)
3) National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)
4) National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM)
5) United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR)Answer-1) Disaster Mitigation And Management Centre (DMMC)
The govt of India announced the 2nd edition of the 2020 Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar on January 23, 2020 marking the 123rd birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. DMMC was selected under ‘institution category’ while Shri Kumar Munnan Singh was selected under ‘individual category’ for their contributions in disaster management.
- Who was awarded with the “2020 Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar” in the ‘individual category’ for the contributions in disaster management ?
1) Irom Sharmila
2) Medha Patkar
3) Arundhati Roy
4) Kumar Munnan Singh
5) Aruna RoyAnswer-4) Kumar Munnan Singh
The govt of India announced the 2nd edition of the 2020 Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar on January 23, 2020 marking the 123rd birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. Shri Kumar Munnan Singh was selected under ‘individual category’ for the contributions in disaster management.
- Which state tourism’s “Barrier-Free Project” won “Emerging Global Destination” in the Accessible Destination Awards 2019 for South-Indian state category ?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) West Bengal
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) KeralaAnswer-5) Kerala
On January 23, 2020, Kerala Tourism’s Barrier-Free Project has won global recognition with the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) as an “Emerging Global Destination” in the Accessible Destination Awards 2019 for South-Indian state category. The recognition is for the implementation of the project in the central Kerala district of Thrissur (India’ s only destination to win the honour). Kerala is also the 1st Indian state to work as per the UNWTO guidelines on making tourist destinations disabled-friendly. Kerala Tourism Director P Bala Kiran IAS (Indian Administrative Service) received the award from UNWTO Secretary-General Zurab Pololikashvili at 40th FITUR International Tourism Trade Fair in Madrid, Spain.
- Name the India’s 1st global Mega Science Exhibition, that was organised by Department of Science and Technology (DST) & National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) in National Science Centre, New Delhi .
1) Vigyan Se Bharat
2) Vigyan Samagam
3) Vigyan Sansad
4) Vigyan Shramew
5) Vigyan SurakshaAnswer-2) Vigyan Samagam
On January 21, 2020 the Union Minister of State Independent Charge (I/C) MInistry of Development Of North Eastern Region, Minister of State (Mos) Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension, Minister of State for Department of Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated India’s first global Mega Science Exhibition “Vigyan Samagam” at National Science Centre, New Delhi. The exhibition will be held from January 21, 2020 to March 20, 2020.
- Where did the Union Minister of India, Mansukh Mandaviya addressed the High- level roundtable of the joint United Nations Programme on HIV//AIDS (UNAIDS) with the theme “Access for all Leveraging Innovations, Investments and Partnership for Health” ?
1) Moscow, Russia
2) New Delhi, India
3) Paris, France
4) Davos, Switzerland
5) Washington D.C., United States (US)Answer-4) Davos, Switzerland
On January 21, 2020, the Union Minister of State for Shipping Independent Charge (I/C) and Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers, Shri Mansukh Mandaviya participated in the High- level roundtable of the joint United Nations Programme on HIV//AIDS (UNAIDS) on his four-day official visit to attend the 50th World Economic Forum (WEF) held at Davos, Switzerland. The theme of the programme was “Access for all Leveraging Innovations, Investments and Partnership for Health”.
- Who will chair the Group of Ministers (GoM) constituted by the government of India to handle the disposal of enemy properties & to raise money from them ?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Rajnath Singh
4) Amit Shah
5) Narendra ModiAnswer-4) Amit Shah
On January 22, 2020, The Union government has decided to form 3 high-level steering committees to handle the disposal of enemy properties present in the country and to raise money from them.Group of Ministers (GoM) It will be headed by Union Home Minister(HM) Amit Shah, to oversee the disposal of more than 9,400 enemy properties in India, which are expected to bring in revenue of about Rs.1 lakh crore rupees to the exchequer. Inter-Ministerial Group will be co-chaired by the Union Home Secretary -Ajay Bhalla and Shri Tuhin Kanta Pandey, the secretary of the department of investment and public asset management (DIPAM).Core Group of Secretaries on Asset Monetisation (CGAM)will be constituted under the chairmanship of the Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba.
- Which country topped in the Corruption Perception Index 2019 released by Transparency International ?
1) Somalia & Newzealand
2) Denmark & Somalia
3) Denmark & Finland
4) Finland & Newzealand
5) Denmark & NewzealandAnswer-5) Denmark & Newzealand
The Corruption Perception Index 2019 was released by Transparency International. As per the Index Denmark and New Zealand topped the Index.
Rank Country 1 Denmark , Newzealand 3 Finland
- What is the rank of India in the Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index 2019 ?
5) 72ndAnswer-3) 80th
The Corruption Perception Index 2019 was released by Transparency International. As per the Index India ranks 80 out of 180 countries with a score of 41 out of 100. Last year India’s rank was 78 with the same score. Least ranked countries: Somalia at 180 which followed by South Sudan at 179 and Syria at 178. These countries are followed by Yemen, Venezuela, Sudan, Equatorial Guinea and Afghanistan.Pakistan ranks 87 in the list whereas China ranks 117 among the 180 countries respectively.United States of America (USA) ranks 23rd with a score of 69.
- Which country became the first-ever green nation in supporting breastfeeding women & topped in the World Breastfeeding Trends Initiative (WBTi) survey ?
4) Sri Lanka
5) CubaAnswer-4) Sri Lanka
On January 21, 2020 As per a survey conducted by World Breastfeeding Trends Initiative (WBTi) 2020, Sri Lanka ranked 1st out of 97 surveyed countries in supporting breastfeeding women and achieved the status of being the first-ever green nation in supporting them. On the other hand, India ranked 78th with a score of 45.0 and got yellow colour code and Libya ranked last (97th) with red colour code. The status has been awarded based on its performance on 10 indicators which WBTi uses to color-code the countries.
Rank Country 1 Sri Lanka. 2 Cuba. 3 Bangladesh.
- Name the organization that released a report titled “Nature Risk Rising: Why the Crisis Engulfing Nature Matters for Business and the Economy” in collaboration with PwC .
1) International Finance Corporation (IFC)
2) World Economic Forum (WEF)
3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
4) United Nation (UN)
5) Amnesty InternationalAnswer-2) World Economic Forum (WEF)
On January 19, 2020 the World Economic Forum (WEF) in collaboration with PwC released a report titled “Nature Risk Rising: Why the Crisis Engulfing Nature Matters for Business and the Economy”. The report is the 1st in a series for the New Nature Economy(NNE).
- Find the value of the global businesses that were dependent on nature as per the report titled “Nature Risk Rising: Why the Crisis Engulfing Nature Matters for Business and the Economy” .
1) $64 trillion (Half of world GDP)
2) $54 trillion (Half of world GDP)
3) $24 trillion (Half of world GDP)
4) $74 trillion (Half of world GDP)
5) $44 trillion (Half of world GDP)Answer-5) $44 trillion (Half of world GDP)
On January 19, 2020 the World Economic Forum (WEF) in collaboration with PwC released a report titled “Nature Risk Rising: Why the Crisis Engulfing Nature Matters for Business and the Economy”. The report is the 1st in a series for the New Nature Economy(NNE). As per the report, global businesses are more than dependent on nature with an estimated exposure of $44 trillion which is half of world GDP (Gross Domestic Product).
- In which year, the global unemployment will be about 2.5 million as per the International Labour Organisation (ILO)’s report titled ‘World Employment and Social Outlook: Trends 2020 (WESO)’ ?
5) 2025Answer-1) 2020
On January 20, 2020,According to the ‘World Employment and Social Outlook: Trends 2020 (WESO)’ report released by the United Nations (UN)’ International Labour Organisation (ILO), the global unemployment figure is projected to increase by about 2.5 million in 2020. The report noted that nearly half a billion people around the world are not getting enough paid work.
- How many unmanned missions is set to be launched by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) before the launch of India’s 1st manned mission “Gaganyaan” in December 2021 ?
5) 4Answer-3) 2
On January 22, 2020, According to the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation), chairman Dr Kailasavadivoo Sivan, ISRO would launch 2 unmanned missions in December 2020 and June 2021 in view of the launch of India’s first manned spacecraft “Gaganyaan” in December 2021.
- Name the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)’s half-humanoid robot, that is set for an unmanned trip into space before Astronauts .
1) Vikas Mitra (friend in Sky)
2) Vaya Mitra (friend in Sky)
3) Daksh Mitra (friend in Sky)
4) Vyom Mitra (friend in Sky)
5) Surya Mitra (friend in Sky)Answer-4) Vyom Mitra (friend in Sky)
The ISRO has prepared women robot ‘Vyom Mitra’(means a friend in Sky) for sending into space under the 1st unmanned Gaganyaan mission.
- Which institute has collaborated with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)’s Inertial Systems Unit to design & develop the half-humanoid robot, “Vyom Mitra” ?
1) Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT-D)
2) Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M)
3) Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT-K)
4) Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT-K)
5) Indian Institute of Science (IIS)Answer-5) Indian Institute of Science (IIS)
Vyom Mitra, designed & developed by the ISRO’s Inertial Systems Unit in Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) in collaboration with Indian Institute of Science (IIsc) Bengaluru, Karnataka, is half-humanoid and its body stops at the torso (the part of the human body where the limbs are attached) and without legs. The robot can speak 2 languages (Hindi and English) & will be sent in a space capsule at the end of the year 2020 / early 2021 to study the zero-gravity conditions in which the astronauts respond to living outside earth.
- Which country will train the Indian flight surgeons for Gaganyaan mission ?
4) United States (US)
5) United Kingdom (UK)Answer-2) France
Indian flight surgeons are being trained in France to take care of the health of astronauts selected for the India’s ambitious space manned ‘Gaganyaan Mission’. 2-week training of these physicians is very important for the Gaganyaan project, which took three Indian astronauts to space in the year 2022. Indian Air Force physicians with expertise in aviation medicine will be responsible for the health of astronauts during and after the flight. Flight surgeon Brigitte Godard, associated with the European Space Agency, was in India in July and August 2019 to start training physicians and engineers.
- In which country, researchers from the Universite Libre de Bruxelles lead by Professor Steeve Bonneville discovered the world’s oldest ever mushroom fossil?
1) Congo, Africa
2) Tanzania, Africa
3) Rwanda, Africa
4) Kenya, Africa
5) Uganda, AfricaAnswer-1) Congo, Africa
On January 20, 2020, the researchers from the Universite Libre de Bruxelles in France, led by Professor Steeve Bonneville, have discovered the world’s oldest ever mushroom fossil in the Democratic Republic of Congo(DRC) in Africa. The detail of fossilised remains of microscopic mushroom called mycelium in rocks dates between 715 and 810 million years ago and is published in the journal ‘Science.
- Which country will host the 11th edition of the Indoor Cricket World Cup in October 10 to 17, 2020 ?
1) New zealand
4) United States (US)
5) IndonesiaAnswer-3) Australia
11th Edition of the Indoor Cricket World Cup is to be hosted by Australia from October 10 to 17, 2020. The World Indoor Cricket Federation(WICF) announced the tournament will be held at indoor cricket venues in Melbourne, Australia in Casey Stadium and CityPower Centre.The 2017 Indoor Cricket World Cup was held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Australia team won the Indoor Cricket World Cup continuously in both men’s and women’s categories for the last 25 years without losing a single match.
- Suspension of which country’s archery association was removed by World Archery (WA) recently ?
3) Sri Lanka
5) PakistanAnswer-4) India
On January 23, 2020, World Archery (WA) removed suspension imposed on the Archery Association of India (AAI). Indian archers have now been allowed to compete in World Archery Events from 23 January 2020 onwards. The decision to remove suspension was taken by World Archer’s executive Board postal vote.
- Name the country that will host the Women’s cricket World Cup 2021 in 6 cities .
1) New zealand
4) United States (US)
5) IndonesiaAnswer-1) New zealand
On January 23, 2020, According to the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup CEO Andrea Nelson, 6 cities namely Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton, Tauranga, Dunedin and Christchurch of New Zealand will host matches of the 2021 edition of the Women’s cricket World Cup. The final of this tournament will be played at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch. A total of 31 matches will be played between the 8 teams in the ICC Women’s World Cup 2021 from February 6 – March 7,2021.
- Name the editor of the “Bloomsbury Anthology of Great Indian Poems”, that was launched in the 13th edition of the Zee Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) .
1) Sendhil Mullainathan
2) Amartya Sen
3) Abhay K
4) Abhijit Banerjee
5) Abiy AhmedAnswer-3) Abhay K
The Bloomsbury Anthology of Great Indian Poems edited by poet-diplomat Abhay K was also launched during the13th edition of the Zee Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF). It includes 200 poems. The 13th edition of the Zee Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) began at Diggi Palace Hotel in Jaipur, Rajasthan on January 23, 2020, and will be conducted till January 27, 2020. The 5-day long festival was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Rajasthan Shri Ashok Gehlot. Author Ashwin Sanghi launched his book ‘The Vault of Vishnu’ through Sonali Bendre Behl at the fest.
- On which date, National Girl Child Day is celebrated ?
1) January 20
2) January 21
3) January 22
4) January 23
5) January 24Answer-5) January 24
On January 24, 2020, National Girl Child Day was celebrated in Madhya Pradesh (MP), Bhopal under the theme “Aware Girl child-able Madhya Pradesh” (Jagruk Balika-Samrath Madhya Pradesh) under the “Beti Bachao- Beti Padhao” scheme. National Girl Child Day was started by the Ministry of Women and Child Development and the Government of India in 2008.Aim: To create awareness in the society about right of daughters and to provide new opportunities to the daughters for their social and financial development.On this day health of the girls is examined and local level gender champions will also be selected.
- What was the theme of the 2nd edition of International Day of Education, that is observed on 24 January 2020 ?
1) Theme – “Transforming education”
2) Theme – “Learning for people, planet, prosperity, and peace”
3) Theme – “Young Teachers: The future of the Profession”
4) Theme – “Rural Women and Girls education”
5) Theme – “Engage the Past Through Sound and Education”Answer-2) Theme – “Learning for people, planet, prosperity, and peace”
On 24 January 2020, the 2nd edition of International Day of Education observed with the aim to celebrate the role of education for peace and development. The theme for the year 2020 is ‘Learning for people, planet, prosperity, and peace’. The day was organized by UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) in partnership with the CRI (Centre for Research and Interdisciplinarity), Paris, France.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the first Chief Election Commissioner of India ? Answer-Sukumar Sen
Sukumar Sen was the first Chief Election Commissioner of India.He was in news recently because the Election Commission host the first Sukumar Sen Memorial Lecture on 23rd January, 2020. Former President Pranab Mukherjee delivered the first of the Lectures.
- International Cricket Council (ICC) provisionally suspended Yousef Abdulrahim Al Balushi, he belonged to which country ? Answer-Oman
Oman cricketer Yousef Abdulrahim Al Balushi provisionally suspended by the ICC with immediate effect following four breaches of the it’s Anti-Corruption Code during the 2019 ICC men’s T20 World Cup Qualifiers held in the United Arab Emirates.
- Dattu Baban Bhokanal was in news recently, he is associated with which sport ? Answer-Rowing
Dattu Baban Bhokanal is associated with Rowing.He was in news recently because Rowing Federation of India (RFI) has lifted the 2 year ban on him.Earlier Asian Games gold medallist rower and Olympian Dattu Baban Bhokanal was banned for two-years on April 30, 2019 .
- Name the integrating and interactive platform that is launched to address the common man’s grievances . Answer-PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation)
- Where is the headquarters of International Labor Organization (ILO) located ? Answer-Geneva, Switzerland
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/january-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try January Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]