AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs January 24 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs December 2018 PDF
- Where did Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, Shripad Naik inaugurate the 2nd World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 on 23rd January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Goa
On 23rd January 2019, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, Shripad Naik inaugurated 2nd World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 in Goa. International drug regulators who are dealing with homeopathic or traditional medicines from various countries participated in the forum. It is organized by the Central Council for Research in Homeopathy under the Ministry of AYUSH along with World Integrated Medicine Forum. The forum is expected to witness participation from 20 countries. The theme for the forum is ‘ Regulation of Homeopathic Medical Products; Advancing global collaboration’. The 3 day forum will identify and illustrate the benefits and faults of multilateral or bilateral collaboration and promote global cooperation. Further development of evidence based traditional and integrated systems of Medicine by promoting public-private cooperation is the mission of the forum.
- Union Cabinet approved amendments to the framework on currency swap arrangement for SAARC member countries by incorporating a stand-by facility of _____ dollars, on 23rd January 2019?
1) USD 200 million
2) USD 250 million
3) USD 300 million
4) USD 400 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) USD 400 million
On 23rd January 2019, the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi led Union Cabinet approved amendments to the framework on currency swap arrangement for SAARC member countries by incorporating a stand-by facility of USD 400 million. The ‘Framework on Currency Swap Arrangement for SAARC Member Countries’ is operated within the overall size of the Facility of USD 2 billion and is built in flexibility with respect to modalities of its operation, such as period of swap, roll over, etc. The new amendments would help India to fulfil current request from SAARC member countries for availing the swap amount exceeding the present limit prescribed under the SAARC Swap Framework. The facility will help the short term swap requirements of SAARC countries which could be higher than the agreed lines and aroused due to heightened financial risk and volatility in global economy. The operational details of the facility will be negotiated by the Reserve Bank of India with the central banks of the SAARC countries availing the Standby Swap. The Framework on Currency Swap Arrangement for SAARC Member Countries on was approved by the central government on March 1, 2012 with the intention to provide a line of funding for short term foreign exchange requirements or to meet balance of payments crises.
- Union Cabinet approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and which country for cooperation on the Recruitment of Domestic Workers, on 23rd January 2019?
1) United States of America
2) Saudi Arabia
4) United Kingdom
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kuwait
On 23rd January 2019, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the signing Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Kuwait for cooperation on the Recruitment of Domestic Workers. The MOU will help the Indian domestic workers including female workers deployed in Kuwait by providing a structured framework for cooperation on domestic workers related matters besides providing strengthened safeguards to them. The validity of MOU is five years and it incorporates provision for automatic renewal. The MoU which will be implemented through a Joint Committee will benefit around 3,00,000 Indian domestic workers including around 90,000 female deployed in Kuwait.
- Where did Tamil Nadu government organise the 2nd edition of Global Investor summit on 23rd and 24th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Chennai
On January 23, 2019,Tamil nadu Government organsied the 2nd edition of Global Investor summit in Chennai.This summit is to be conculded on January 24, 2019. The state government would soon unveil e-vehicle policy to give a boost to electric vehicles manufacturing in the state. In the opening ceremony Nirmala sitharaman was the chief guest and the in the closing of the summit vice president Venkaiah Naidu would make his presence.
- Union Cabinet approved the creation of National Bench of the Goods and Services Tax Appellate Tribunal (GSTAT) for better resolution of GST-related disputes, on 23rd January 2019. Who will preside over the National Bench?
1) Union Finance Minister
2) Prime Minister of India
3) President of India
4) Reserve Bank Governor
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) President of India
On 23rd January 2019, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the creation of the National Bench of the Goods and Services Tax Appellate Tribunal (GSTAT) to ensure better resolution of GST-related disputes. The National Bench would be set up in New Delhi. The National Bench of the Appellate Tribunal will be presided over by the President and shall consist of one technical member (Centre) and one technical member (State). The main objective to create the bench is to fast-track the process of GST-related dispute resolution and hear appeals related to disuptes between states, as well as disputes between the Centre and states. The creation of the National Bench of GSTAT is based on the recommended by the GST Council and would incur an amount of Rs 92.50 lakh as one-time expenditure, besides the recurring expenditure of Rs 6.86 crore per annum.
- Northeast Railway sector launched a dedicated woman squad ‘JYOTI BAHINI’ to enhance security of women in railway station and trains, at Kamkhya station in _____, on 19th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Guwahati
On January 19, 2019,The Northeast Railway sector has launched a dedicated woman squad ‘JYOTI BAHINI’ to enhance security of women in railway station and trains.this has been launched in Kamkhya station of Guwahati. The squad is named afer the brave queen Ahom of 17th century. The ‘Joymati Bahini’ was launched recently by NF Railway’s Inspector General and Principal Chief Security Commissioner B B Mishra. In case of emergency the number alloted to seek help of this squad is 182.
- Name the largest ever coastal defence exercise conducted by Indian Navy in the Indian Coast that commenced on 22nd January 2019 to validate the effectiveness of measures taken since terror attack in Mumbai on 26/11?
1) SAFETY DRILL
2) SEA VIGIL
3) COAST VIGIL
4) NAVY DRILL
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) SEA VIGIL
On 22nd January 2019, Indian Navy commenced largest ever coastal defence exercise SEA VIGIL in Indian Coast. It covered 7516.6km Indian Coastline and Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of India. The exercise is conducted in collaboration with Ministry of Defence, Home Affairs, Shipping, Petroleum and Natural Gas, Fisheries, Customs, State Governments and other agencies of Centre and States. The aim of the Exercise Sea Vigil is to validate the effectiveness of measures taken since terror attack in Mumbai on 26/11. It tests the country’s preparation to prevent any attempt to carry out attack or infiltration through sea route. Sea Vigil Exercise was a tri service exercise TROPEX (Theatre-level Readiness Operational Exercise) which is conducted by Indian Navy in every 2 years. The Exercise will strengthen the national security as it gave a realistic assessment of strengths and weaknesses.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for 6 Namami Ganga projects in Agra and _____ in Uttar Pradesh, on 22nd January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mathura
On January 22, 2019, Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation laid foundation stone for six Namami Ganga project in Agra and Mathura in Uttar Pradesh. There were four projects in Mathura that cost of Rs 511.74 crore. Out of the four,two were sewage projects. The first one was a integrated sewerage infrastructure in the city on Hybrid Annuity Mode with the motive of ‘One-City-One-Operator’. There is also a project for cleaning of 27 Ghats at a cost of Rs 3.60 Crore and to erdicte of Industrial Pollution, there is also a project for upgradation of infrastructure of Textile Printing units at the Mathura Industrial Area at a cost of Rs 13.87 Crore. The projects in Agra included Sewage Scheme at 857.26cr and laying sewer house connections under the AMURT scheme at a cost of 353.57cr.
- Himachal Pradesh has decided to host a global investor summit in which city on June 10 and 11, 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dharamsala
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur announced that the state will be holding a global investor summit in Dharamsala on June 10 and 11, 2019. He launched the website and mobile app of the global investor summit. The state has created a land bank for allocation to industries.
- The Coast Guards of India and Japan started disaster, search and rescue exercises off the coast of ____, on 23rdJanuary 2019?
1) Yokohama, Japan
2) Kerala, India
3) Tokyo, Japan
4) Goa, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Yokohama, Japan
On 23rd January 2019, Indian and Japanese Coast Guards started disaster, search and rescue exercises off the coast of Yokohama in Japan. ICGS Shaunak is the main Indian Coast Guard Ship taking part in the drills. Rajendra Singh, Chief of Indian Coast Guard and his Japanese counterpart Shuichi Iwanami reviewed the drills. The Coast guards of India and Japan was working together after the establishment of deeper ties between the two countries. Japan Coast guard visited India last year whereas in this year Indian coast guard has visited Japan. One of Indian Coast Guard’s largest ships, ICGS Shaunak which is a 105 metre class Offshore Patrol Vessel is carrying 100 officers and sailors of Indian Coast Guard.
- What is the rank of India among the world’s most innovative countries according to the Bloomberg 2019 Innovative Index?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 54
For the first time, India has been ranked in the Bloomberg Innovation Index. India is ranked at the 54th Position with a score of 47.93 out of 100 among the world’s most innovative countries according to the Bloomberg 2019 Innovative Index. South Korea has retained its top spot with a score of 87.38, Germany ranked second with a score of 87.30 whereas Finland has been ranked at the third spot with a score of 85.70. The Annual Bloomberg Innovation Index ranks countries by analyzing their performances using seven metrics including Research and Development spending, Manufacturing Categories and Concentration of high-tech public computers. India, Mexico, Vietnam and Saudi Arabia are the new entrants in the Annual Bloomberg Innovation Index.
- Reserve Bank of India has initiated two quarterly surveys named Services and Infrastructure Outlook Survey (SIOS) and ____ to examine the Indian Manufacturing, services and infrastructure sector and business situation for January-March 2019?
1) Industrial Outlook Survey (IOS)
2) Business Outlook Survey (BOS)
3) Manufacturing Status Survey (MSS)
4) Industry Readiness Survey (IRS)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Industrial Outlook Survey (IOS)
On 21st January 2019, The Reserve Bank of India has initiated two quarterly surveys named as Industrial Outlook Survey (IOS) and Services and Infrastructure Outlook Survey (SIOS) to examine the Indian Manufacturing, services and infrastructure sector and business situation for the quarter January-March 2019. The 85th round of quarterly Industrial Outlook survey would be conducted by Hansa Research Group Pvt. Ltd and it will assesses business sentiments of the current quarter and expectations for the ensuing quarter (April-June 2019). The 20th round of Quarterly Services and Infrastructure Outlook Survey (SIOS) will be conducted by Spectrum Planning India Ltd. And it will assesses the business situation from selected companies in the services and Infrastructure sector in the current quarter and their outlook in the ensuing quarter (April-June 2019).
- Name the founder of microfinance company Svamaan Financial Services that has received approval as RBI Registered Non-Banking Financial Company – Micro Finance Institution (NBFC – MFI)?
1) Rakesh Mathur
2) Anushree Jindal
3) Kiran Kumar
4) Savitri Shekar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Anushree Jindal
Anushree Jindal, daughter-in-law of JSW Group Chairman Sajjan Jindal has launched her maiden business venture –Svamaan Financial Services, a microfinance company with Rs. 10 Crore “Personal Family Money” as seed capital. Reserve Bank of India approved the application of Svamaan Financial Services as an RBI Registered Non-Banking Financial Company – Micro Finance Institution (NBFC – MFI). Svamaan Financial Services aims to promote financial inclusion for rural woman and micro-enterprises. It will operate initially in Karnataka and Maharashtra and plans to enter eastern markets of Odisha and Chhatisgarh by 2020. The Microfinance company will offer financial services to un-banked and under-banked sections of population and aims to impact the life of over one lakh customer positively by 2021.
- Which state has been ranked the Top State in terms of Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) with a growth rate of 11.3 % in financial year 2017-2018, as per a report published by CRISIL (Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited)?
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bihar
As per a report published by CRISIL (Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited), Bihar has been ranked the Top State in terms of Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) by clocking a growth rate of 11.3 per cent in financial year 2017-2018. Andhra Pradesh has been ranked at second spot with GSDP growth rate 11.2 per cent whereas Gujarat has been ranked at third spot with GSDP growth rate of 11.1 per cent. Bihar was ranked at 8th spot with GSDP growth rate of 9.9 per cent in 2017. Madhya Pradesh which was the top state in 2017 with GSDP growth rate of 14 per cent has lost its top spot with a growth rate of 7.3 per cent in 2018. 12 out of 17 non special states performed better in 2018 as compared to previous five years. Jharkhand, Kerala and Punjab performed poorly and ranked at the bottom.
- India became the _____ most attractive investment market for global CEOs as per PwC Survey conducted with more than 1300 CEOs in 91 countries?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 4th
On 21st January 2019, India became 4th most attractive investment market for global CEO’s as per PwC Survey conducted over more than 1300 CEOs in 91 countries. The report was released on the first day of the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting held in Davos, Switzerland. India surpassed UK to become 4th most attractive destination where US remained on the top position with 27 per cent votes. India surpassed Japan last year. As per the survey, China’s popularity is falling but managed to be the 2nd most attractive followed by Germany in 3rd position. 85% of CEO’s believe that Artificial Intelligence would dramatically change their business over the next 5 years. 30 per cent of the global business leader believes that the global economic growth will decline in the next one year. India’s popularity falls marginally from 9% to 8% but In terms of CEO’s revenue confidence, India remains the most buoyant territory.
- Who was awarded the Saraswati Samman for the year 2017, at the 27th edition of Saraswati Samman award ceremony in New Delhi, on 22nd January 2019?
1) Siddhananta Sachdev
2) Roopesh Yadav
3) Sitanshu Yashaschandra
4) Mahabaleshwar Sail
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sitanshu Yashaschandra
On January 22, 2019,The 27th edition of saraswati samman award ceremony was held in New Delhi. Eminent Gujarati poet Sitanshu Yashaschandra was awarded Saraswati Samman for the year 2017 for his poetry collection, ‘Vakhar,‘ published in 2009.The 27th edition was organised by KK Birla Foundation. His poetry collection ‘Jatayu’ received Sahitya Akademi Award for Gujarati in the year 1987. The 26th Saraswati Samman, 2016 was given to Konkani language author Mahabaleshwar Sail for his novel ‘Hawthan’.
- Which port became the only Indian port to be listed amongst the world’s top 30 container ports, at 28thposition?
1) VOC Port
2) Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
3) Paradip Port
4) Sardar Vallabhai Patel Port
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
On January 22, 2019, the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) became the only Indian port to be listed amongst the world’s top 30 container ports. It managed to place itself 28th in the list.
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2019 in two categories namely Bal Shakti Puraskar and Bal Kalyan Puraskar in ____, on 22nd January 2019?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On 22nd January 2019, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, the President of India, presented the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2019 at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. The awards were presented in the presence of Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, Union Minister for Women and Child Development and other dignitaries. The Awards were given in two categories- Bal Shakti Puraskar (erstwhile known as National Child Award) for which 26 children were shortlisted and Bal Kalyan Puraskar (erstwhile known as National Child Welfare Award) for which 2 individuals and 3 institutions were awarded. The Bal Shakti Puraskar award which is given in the field of Innovation, Social Service ,Scholastic, Sports, Art & Culture and Bravery carries a cash prize of Rs. one lakh, book vouchers worth Rs. ten thousand, a certificate and a citation. The Bal Kalyan Puraskar which is given in the category of individual and institution consists of cash prize of Rs. one lakh, a medal, a citation and a certificate for individual and consists of a cash prize of Rs. five lakh for institution.
- Who has been appointed the presidentof the French Academy’s Cesar Awards, that will commence in Paris on February 22, 2019?
1) Sandra Bullock
2) Will Smith
3) Kristin Scott Thomas
4) Tom Cruise
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kristin Scott Thomas
of the French Academy’s most prestigious ceremony, Cesar Awards.This actress assumed the chair of president after it had been headless for past two years. Scott Thomas was appointed as the president On January 21, 2019,Kristin As a President, she will be opening the ceremony, that is set to take place in Paris on February 22.Nomination for this year’s award would be unveiled on Jan 23, 2019. The President herself is a three-time Cesar nominee for her roles in “I’ve Loved You So Long,” “Leaving,” and “Sarah’s Key.”
- Name the person who was appointed as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of insurance website and comparison portal PaisaBazaar.com, on 21st January 2019?
1) Sheena Fabian
2) Rahul Agarwal
3) Ajith Joshi
4) Madhumita Rajan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rahul Agarwal
On January 21, 2019, India’s largest insurance website and comparison portal and also owner of India’s leading marketplace, PaisaBazaar.com appointed a Rahul Agarwal as Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- _____ was appointed as the Chief Product Officer (CPO) of health-tech venture, docprime.com, on 21st January 2019?
1) Mayank Sehgal
2) Jayant Chauhan
3) Rajat Seth
4) Areem Mishra
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jayant Chauhan
On January 21, 2019, health-tech venture, docprime.com appointed Jayant Chauhan as its new Chief Product Officer (CPO).
- Which country successfully tested the Arrow 3 missile system, which is a long range anti-ballastic missile, in collaboration with American Missile Defense Agency, on 22nd January 2019?
2) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Israel
On January 22, 2019,Israel successfully tested the Arrow 3 missile system from Central Israel, it is done in collaboration with American Missile Defense Agency. Arrow 3 is considered to be the next step in the defence system,which would help the Israel Miltary Force to attack their enemies from a greater distance and greater height. It is a long range anti-ballastic missile.
- World Health Organization released a list of top ten threats to global health in 2019 and designated the year 2019 as _____?
1) Year of medical innovations
2) Year of action on preparedness for health emergencies
3) Year of betterment of health and family welfare
4) Year of vaccination awareness
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Year of action on preparedness for health emergencies
On January 22, 2019, The World Health Organization released a list of top ten threats to global health in 2019 and considered vaccination to be the effective weapon to prevent the same. Air pollution and climate change:it is considered as a major risk factor to human as thr micro pollutants from various things affect every single part of the human cell.Burning Fossils is the major contributor. Noncommunicable diseases:Noncommunicable diseases, such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease, are collectively responsible for over 70% of all deaths worldwide.This disease are caused due to the inactivity of the body so WHO decided in collaboration with government help them achieved the global target of reducing physical inactivity by 15% by 2030. Global influenza pandemic:WHO has set up a unique partnership which will ensure effective and equitable access to vaccines in developing countries. Vulnerable environment:WHO will continue to work in developing countries to strengthen health systems so that they are able to respond to outbreak of certain viruses. Antimicrobial resistance:WHO is working with in this sectors to implement a global action plan to tackle antimicrobial resistance by increasing awareness and knowledge, reducing infection, and encouraging prudent use of antimicrobials. Ebsola and other high-threat pathogens:WHO designated 2019 as a “Year of action on preparedness for health emergencies”.
- Who became the fastest Indian bowler to claim 100 ODI wickets, on 23rd January 2019?
1) Shikhar Dawan
2) Mohammed Shami
3) Jaspreet Bumrah
4) Rishabh Pant
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mohammed Shami
On January 23, 2019,Mohammed Shami succeeded the indian record holded by Irfan Pathan to became the fastest Indian bowler to claim 100 ODI wickets.Shami got this milestone at his 56th match where as Irfan got in his 59th match. The world record is currently held by Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan.
- When was the 122nd Birth Anniversary of the great Freedom Fighter Subhas Chandra Bose celebrated all over India?
1) January 21
2) January 24
3) January 23
4) January 22
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) January 23
On 23rd January 2019, 122nd Birth Anniversary of the great Freedom Fighter Subhas Chandra Bose was celebrated all over the India. Subash Chandra Bose was a member of the Indian National Congress and later he formed Indian National Army also known as Azad Hind Fauz. Subhas Chandra Bose popularly known as Netaji was born on 23rd January 1897 and died on 18th August 1945. Recently 3 islands of Andaman and Nicobar – Ross Island, Neil Island and Havelock Island has been named as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep, Shaheed Dweep and Swaraj Dweep by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to mark the 75th anniversary of raising of the Indian National Flag by Subhas Chandra Bose.
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate the Subhas Chandra Bose Museum to mark the 122nd Birth anniversary of freedom fighter Subhas Chandra Bose on 23rd January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Delhi
On 23rd January 2019, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Subhas Chandra Bose Museum to mark the 122nd Birth anniversary of freedom fighter Subhas Chandra Bose at Red Fort in Delhi. The museum features different artefacts related to the Subhas Chandra Bose and Indian National Army (INA) including a wooden chair and sword used by Subhas Chandra Bose, medals, badges and uniforms. Prime Minister, Narendra Modi also inaugurated two more museums –”The Yaad–e-Jallian Museum” and “1857 War of Independence Museum”. The Yaad-e-Jallian Museum is made in the memory of people died in the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre in Amritsar, Punjab in 1919. The 1857 War of Independence Museum showcases the heroism, sacrifices and valour shown by Indian Soldiers in the 1857 War of Independence which is also regarded as the first war of independence. General Public can visit these Museums after 31st January 2019 because Red fort will be closed for general public visit till 31st January due to the Republic day and Bharat Parv celebrations.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Sanjita Chanu is related to which sport?Answer – Weightlifting
Sanjita Chanu is an Indian Weightlifter. She appeared in the news recently, as the International Weightlifting Federation lifted the provisional suspension imposed on two-time Commonwealth Games gold medallist Sanjita Chanu on 23rd January 2019. She had tested positive for a banned anabolic steroid and was provisionally suspended by the International Weightlifting Federation in 2018.
- Name the Secretary General and headquarters of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)?Answer – Secretary General – Amjad Hussain B Sial; Headquarters – Kathmandu, Nepal
- Who is the CEO of Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN)?Answer – Prakash Kumar
- President of Israel is _____?Answer – Reuven Rivlin
- Where is the headquarters of World Health Organization (WHO)?Answer – Geneva, Switzerland