AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs January 14 Quiz 2018 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- In which state Bhogali Bihu festival is celebrated?
5. JharkhandAnswer – 4. Assam
The Bhogali Bihu also called as Magh Bihu festival began in Assam. The Bhogali Bihu is a harvest festival celebrated in Assam. The festival kick-started with the burning of traditional Meji and Bhelaghar made from thatch and fire woods. People offered prayers to God Agni. Various cultural programmes and traditional sports are held as part of the celebrations. Traditional foods were prepared at houses marking the festival. Generally the celebrations last for a week.
- Which state government launched schemes worth over Rs.200 crore during “Vikas Samiksha Yatra”?
5. SikkimAnswer – 2. Bihar
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar launched schemes worth over Rs.200 crore during his state-wide “Vikas Samiksha Yatra”. Nitish Kumar visited Rohtas and Bhojpur districts for the “Vikas Samiksha Yatra”. He inaugurated and laid foundation stones for schemes valued at more than Rs. 200 crore. He inaugurated 257 schemes worth Rs. 222 crore, at a village in the Jagdishpur block of Bhojpur. He also visited a village under Amethi panchayat of the Sanjhauli block of Rohtas, which is the first panchayat in Rohtas to become ODF (Open Defecation Free).
- With an objective to empower the Kashmiri youth, the Indian Army has established a Skill Training Centre in which district of Jammu and Kashmir?
5. BaramullaAnswer – 5. Baramulla
With an objective to empower the Kashmiri youth, the Indian Army has established a Skill Training Centre at sector 10 Headquarters of Rashtriya Rifles (RR) in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir.This skill training centre is a public-private venture and has state of the art equipments. Unemployed educated youths of Pattan and its adjoining areas of Baramulla district will be imparted highly skilled training under National Skill Development Centre (NSDC). Initially, this centre will offer courses in Food Processing and Information Technology. Selected youths will be provided two weeks of specialized training.
- To honour camels, which state celebrates the “Bikaner camel festival” every year?
4. Madhya Pradesh
5. RajasthanAnswer – 5. Rajasthan
Bikaner camel festival was held in Rajasthan. The Bikaner camel festival is celebrated every year in Rajasthan to honour camels. The Bikaner camel festival 2018 started with a procession of camels adorned with decorations and folk artists. Both Indian and foreign tourists participated in the festival. The procession was held from Junagarh fort to Karni Singh stadium. During the festival, camel dances, camel races, camel rides etc. were also held. The camel festival was organised by the Department of Tourism, Art and Culture.
- Which state hosted the 7th edition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2018?
5. MaharashtraAnswer – 2. Karnataka
7th edition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav, under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme, began in Karnataka on January 14, 2018. This event will continue till January 20, 2018. This event is being organised by Union Ministry of Culture. On January 14, 2018, Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilisers and Parliamentary Affairs, Ananth Kumar and Union Minister of State for Culture (I/C) and Environment, Dr. Mahesh Sharma inaugurated the Mahotsav at Gandhi Nagar and Bengaluru. Key highlight of this Mahotsav will be various forms of art performances from classical and folk, music and dance, theatre to literature and the visual arts. A handloom and handicrafts-utsav is also being held at the event.Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme was launched by Prime Minister Narednra Modi on October, 31 2016. Under this programme, Karnataka is paired with Uttarakhand.
- Where did the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the ‘Economic Democracy Conclave’?
1. Thane, Maharashtra
2. Mumbai, Maharashtra
3. Kolkata, West Bengal
4. Chennai, Tamil Nadu
5. Bangalore, KarnatakaAnswer – 1. Thane, Maharashtra
President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the ‘Economic Democracy Conclave’ at Thane, Maharashtra. This conclave has been organised by RambhauMhalgiPrabodhini. RambhauMhalgiPrabodhini is a charitable organisation working in the domain of training of social-political activist. The objective of the conclave is to serve as a platform for young entrepreneurs and self-employed individuals and provide them motivation, mentoring and networking opportunities. On January 14, 2018, President Kovind also visited the Global Vipassana Pagoda in Mumbai.
- Network for Certification and Conservation of Forests (NCCF) launched India’s internationally benchmarked Forest Management Certification Standard (FMCS). FMCS envisages policy changes through _______ power?
1. Central Power
2. Commercial Power
3. Local Power
4. Regulatory Power
5. Constitutional PowerAnswer – 2. Commercial Power
Network for Certification and Conservation of Forests (NCCF) launched India’s internationally benchmarked Forest Management Certification Standard (FMCS). The FMCS enlists measures to be taken for responsible utilisation of natural resources and trade of forest products. NCCF launched this standard in association with the Ministries of Environment, Agriculture, Textiles, Commerce and Industry and other forest-based stakeholders. FMCS envisages policy changes through commercial power, rather than central or local power. Besides, it lays emphasis on market acceptance rather than regulatory compliance as an enforcement mechanism. National Certification Scheme for Sustainable Forest Management was also launched on January 13, 2018.
- What is the rank of India on Global Manufacturing Index, released by World Economic Forum (WEF)?
5. 5thAnswer – 1. 30th
India has ranked 30th on Global Manufacturing Index released by World Economic Forum (WEF). As per ‘Readiness for the future of production report’, related to Global Manufacturing Index, Japan has been found to have the best structure of production. This report analyses development of modern industrial strategies and urges collaborative action. It has been developed in collaboration with A T Kearney. It has categorised 100 countries into four groups viz. ‘Leading’, ‘High Potential’, ‘Legacy’ and ‘Nascent’. Countries in ‘Leading’ Group have strong current base and high level of readiness for future while countries in ‘High Potential’ group have limited current base and high potential for future. Countries in ‘Legacy’ group have strong current base but are at risk for future. Countries in ‘Nascent’ group have limited current base and low level of readiness for future
- India signed an MoU with which country for the return of illegal Indian migrants within a month of their detection by the country’s authorities?
4. United Kingdom
5. ArgentinaAnswer – 4. United Kingdom
India signed a MoU with the United Kingdom for the return of illegal Indian migrants within a month of their detection by UK authorities. The MoU was signed by Kiren Rijiju, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, and Caroline Nokes, UK Minister of State for Immigration, in Britain. Kiren Rijiju had gone on a week-long visit to Britain along with an Indian delegation. The MoU will enable return of illegal Indian immigrants in UK and also sharing of criminal records. Indian agencies have found nearly 2,000 Indians illegally staying in UK.
- What is the contribution of India to the United Nations’ youth mission?
1. USD 50000
2. USD 40000
3. USD 30000
4. USD 20000
5. USD 10000Answer – 2. USD 50000
India contributed USD 50000 to the United Nations’ youth mission. Office of United Nations (UN) Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres’ Envoy on Youth works to raise international awareness and bring attention to youth issues across the world. It also promotes the engagement of youth and seeks their involvement in works related to sustainable development, peace and security, human rights and humanitarian action. Paulomi Tripathi, a First Secretary in India`s UN Mission, handed over the contribution to the UN Youth Envoy, Jayathma Wickramanayake. This contribution is in addition to the regular payments made by India to the UN`s general and peacekeeping budgets. It is voluntary and does not have any condition attached to it.
- What is the main difference between regular bond and Green Bond in the stock exchange terms?
1. Green bonds are used in Infrastructure projects that are eco-friendly
2. Green bonds are used in financing projects that are environment-friendly
3. Regular bonds are used in financing projects that are environment-friendly
4. Green bonds are used in Fertilizer projects that are environment-friendly
5. Green bonds are used in Portfolio Management SystemsAnswer – 2. Green bonds are used in financing projects that are environment-friendly
Bombay Stock Exchange’s (BSE’s) India International Exchange (India INX) listed Indian Railway Finance Corporation’s (IRFC’s) green bonds on its debt listing platform, Global Securities Market (GSM). Main difference between regular bond and Green Bond is that funds raised through Green Bonds are used for financing projects/business activities that are environment-friendly. Examples – projects in the areas of renewable energy, sustainable water management and clean transportation. IRFC’s green bonds have thus become the first debt security to be listed on an exchange at International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in Gujarat’s GIFT city. IRFC’s Green bonds have an annual yield of 3.835 per cent. India INX’s Global Securities Market (GSM) on which IRFC Green Bonds have listed is India’s first debt listing platform, that allows foreign and Indian issuers to raise funds in any currency of choice.
- What is India’s First Agri-commodity Options launched by Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister, Arun Jaitley on National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX) platform?
3. Guar Seed
4. Mentha Oil
5. Crude OilAnswer – 3. Guar Seed
Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister, Arun Jaitley launched India’s First Agri-commodity Options in Guar Seed on National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX) platform.The launching ceremony was held in New Delhi in presence of farmers & Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) from various States of India.Options contract offers the buyer the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell a stock/commodity/asset at an agreed-upon price (referred to as strike price) during a certain period of time up to a specific date.Guar seed options, which have been uniquely designed by NCDEX and approved by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), will prove to be a useful tool for farmers in hedging the price fluctuation risk.It is to be noted that Guar Seed is one of the most liquid futures contracts on the NCDEX platform. Informal options trading in this commodity is already taking place at several informal trading Centres and in some communities of Rajasthan.
- The Health department of which state government signed an MoU with Johnson and Johnson to train rural midwives and social health activists regarding tuberculosis and maternal and infant mortality?
2. Andhra Pradesh
5. MaharashtraAnswer – 5. Maharashtra
Maharashtra Health department and Johnson and Johnson signed a MoU to train rural midwives and social health activists regarding tuberculosis and maternal and infant mortality. The MoU was signed between Maharashtra state government and Johnson and Johnson in the presence of Deepak Sawant, Maharashtra Health Minister. Nearly 10,000 auxiliary nurse midwives (ANMs) and 60,000 Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs) in Maharashtra will be trained by Johnson and Johnson at the district level. The districts included are Nanded, Beed, Jalgaon, Dhule, Aurangabad, Jalna, Gadchirol, Hingoli and Nadurbar. Maternal and infant mortality rate is higher in these nine districts.. They will also be trained to treat just born babies in the “golden minute” and protect them from infections. This agreement is valid for 2 years.
- Which state has topped among all the states with investment intentions of Rs. 1.49 lakh crore till October 2017?
5. PunjabAnswer – 1. Karnataka
R V Deshpande, Karnataka Minister for Large, Medium Industries and Infrastructure Development has stated that Karnataka has topped among all states with investment intentions of Rs. 1.49 lakh crore till October 2017. Investment intentions worth of Rs. 1.49 lakh crore in Karnataka accounts for 43 per cent of India’s total investment intentions. This announcement was made by Mr. Deshpande while addressing the third meeting of Council for Trade Development and Promotion at New Delhi. Mr. Deshpande also stated that Karnataka has topped in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows and has performed well in exports, contributing about 40% in electronics and software services.
- Who was appointed the new chairman of The Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC)?
2. Anuroop Singh
3. Anuj Agarwal
4. Pramod Agarwal
5. Gaurang ShahAnswer – 4. Pramod Agarwal
The Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) has named Pramod Agarwal as its new chairman. Pramod Agarwal has been appointed as the chairman of GJEPC and Colin Shah has been appointed as the vice-chairman of GJEPC for the year 2017-19. Pramod Agarwal replaces Praveenshanker Pandya. Pramod Agarwal is also the chairman of Derewala Group based in Jaipur. He is also the Chairman of Indian Institute of Gem and Jewellery, Jaipur. He is a Member of Committee of Administration (COA) of GJEPC, Board of Director of All India Gems and Jewellery Trade Federation (GJF) and Executive Member of Jewellers Association, Jaipur.
- “Elcysma Ziroensis” belongs to which of the below given species?
5. TerrapinAnswer – 3. Moth
A new moth species named ‘ElcysmaZiroensis’ has been discovered in the Talle Wildlife Sanctuary in Arunachal Pradesh.This discovery has been published in the Journal of Threatened Taxa. It was published by Jyoti Gogoi, J J Young and PunyoChada.This new species has been scientifically named ElcysmaZiroensis. It would be commonly called Apatani Glory. This has been named after a local tribe called Apatani. The ElcysmaZiroensis is seen only during autumn, mainly, in September.
- Which South African fast bowler, has become the number-one ranked bowler in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Player Rankings?
1. Kagiso Rabada
2. Joe Root
3. Eoin Morgan
5. AB de VillierAnswer – 1. Kagiso Rabada
Kagiso Rabada, South African fast bowler, has become the number-one ranked bowler in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Player Rankings.Kagiso Rabada achieved this feat after helping his team win over India in the first Test at Newlands on 13th January 2018. Kagiso Rabada is the 7th South Africa bowler to top the ICC Test Bowling Rankings. In the MRF Tyres ICC Player Rankings for Test Batsmen, Australian Steve Smith has secured the first position.
- To which Profession, KK Ramachandran Nair belonged to?
5.PoliticianAnswer – 5. Politician
KK Ramachandran Nair, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) legislator, passed away at Apollo hospital, in Chennai. KK Ramachandran Nair was 65 years old. He had been taking treatment for a liver disease for a brief period of time. He has a Master of Economics degree from NSS College, Pandalam. He had also finished his degree in law from Government Law College, Thiruvananthapuram. In 2016 he won in the assembly election from Chengannur and became an MLA.
- Sanjay Manjrekar’s autobiography ‘Imperfect’ was released by _______?
1. Vibha Padalkar
2. Amitabh Chaudhary
3. Munish Sharda
5. T R RamachandaranAnswer – 4. DilipVengsarkar
Sanjay Manjrekar launched his autobiography named ‘Imperfect’, in Mumbai. The book ‘Imperfect’ was released by DilipVengsarkar, Sanjay Manjrekar’s first international captain. The book was published by Harper Collins. Sanjay Manjrekar has played 37 Test matches. His first test appearance was in the Delhi Test against the West Indies.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Ali-Aye-Ligangand Ambubachi Melaare the festivals of which state?Assam
- Bhimbandh Wildlife Sanctuary is in which state?Bihar
- Where is Barkatullah Khan Stadium located?Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Who is the present Governor of Karnataka?Vajubhai Vala
- Dibang Wildlife Sanctuary is in which state?Arunachal Pradesh