AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 January 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the scheme under which 24 states and Union Territories (UTs) will set up a total of 1,023 ‘fast-track special courts’ (FTSCs) .
1) Pradhan Mantri Mantru Vandana Yojana
2) SWADHAR Greh Scheme
3) National Mission for Safety of Women (NMSW)
4) Mahila e-Haat
5) None of theseAnswer-3) National Mission for Safety of Women (NMSW)
On January 09,2020 24 states and union territories (UTs) have joined together to set up a total of 1,023 ‘fast-track special courts’ (FTSCs) to dispose of over 1.60 lakh cases of rape of children below the age of 12 years and women pending in various courts across the country. This has been done to bring out fast and time bound completion of trial of these cases for which Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2018 was enacted. The FTSC will be set up as part of National Mission for Safety of Women (NMSW).
- What is the total outlay of the project, that will set up 1,023 ‘fast-track special courts’ (FTSCs) ?
1) Rs. 767.25 crore
2) Rs. 667.25 crore
3) Rs. 567.25 crore
4) Rs. 467.25 crore
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Rs. 767.25 crore
On January 09,2020 24 states and union territories (UTs) have joined together to set up a total of 1,023 ‘fast-track special courts’ (FTSCs) to dispose of over 1.60 lakh cases of rape of children below the age of 12 years and women pending in various courts across the country. Law and Justice Ministry had sent a proposal regarding setting up FTSC to WCD (Women and child development) Ministry. The Empowered Committee of officers for the Nirbhaya Fund headed by WCD secretary Rakesh Srivastava approved the proposal. Project cost:Total financial implication of the project is over Rs. 767.25 crore. The central support of Rs 474 crore for one year will be funded under the Nirbhaya Fund.
- How many Indian airports have received the International recognition for reducing the carbon emission level as per the standards set by Airports Council International (ACI) ?
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 4
On January 10, 2020 the Airports Authority of India(AAI) has announced that 4 Indian airports have received international recognition for reducing the carbon emission level as per the standards set by Airports Council International (ACI) for the grading. The 4 airports are as follows:
Si.No Airport City and State 1 Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport Kolkata, West Bengal 2 Biju Patnaik International Airport Bhubaneswar, Odisha 3 Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 4 Trivandrum International Airport Trivandrum, Kerala.
- Which section has been declared as the first solar section in South Central Railway ?
1) Attipattu-Korukkupettai section, Tamil Nadu
2) Mangalore-Panambur section, Karnataka
3) Ernakulam-Haripad section, Kerala
4) Nandyal-Yerraguntla section, Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Nandyal-Yerraguntla section, Andhra Pradesh
On January 9, 2020 the Nandyal-Yerraguntla section in Guntakal Division of Andhra Pradesh has been declared as the first solar section in South Central Railway. In 2016 August Indian Railways opened Nandyal-Yerraguntla section in Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh. All the 8 stations in the Nandyal-Yerraguntla section namely Madduru, Banaganapalle, Koilakuntla, Sanjamala, Nossam, S.Uppalapadu, Jammalamadugu and Proddutur has been provided with solar panels which are capable of meeting all the power needs in these railway stations.
- By which year, Indian Railways has planned to source about 1000 MegaWatt (MW) Solar Power ?
5) None of theseAnswer-3) 2021-22
On January 9, 2020 the Nandyal-Yerraguntla section in Guntakal Division of Andhra Pradesh has been declared as the first solar section in South Central Railway.By 2021-22 ,Indian Railways has planned to source about 1000 MegaWatt (MW) Solar Power and about 200 MW of wind power across Zonal Railways & Production Units. Out of which 500 MegaWatt (MW) solar plants are to be installed on the rooftop of Railway buildings.
- Name the bridge, that will become the world’s highest railway bridge (359 m height above river bed) after completion .
1) Chenab Bridge
2) Bogibeel Bridge
3) Saraighat Bridge
4) Dikhow Bridge
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Chenab Bridge
On January 9,2020 Government of India set a new deadline for the completion of the world’s highest railway bridge (359 m) – Chenab bridge. Kashmir will be connected to the rest of India by Indian railways by December 2021. Konkan railway is the implementing agency of this project. The Chenab bridge will be 35m taller than the Eiffel Tower in Paris,France. Once completed, it will surpass the record of the Beipan river Shuibai railway bridge (275 m) in China.
- Which of the following cities will be connected by the 1.315-km-long Chenab Bridge ?
1) Bishnah (Jammu) and Hazratbal (Srinagar)
2) Bakkal (Katra) and Kauri (Srinagar)
3) Kokernag (Anantnag) and Khanyar (Srinagar)
4) Bijbehara (Anantnag) and Eidgah (Srinagar)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Bakkal (Katra) and Kauri (Srinagar)
On January 9,2020 Government of India set a new deadline for the completion of the world’s highest railway bridge- Chenab bridge. The 1.315-km-long ‘engineering marvel’ will connect Bakkal (katra) and Kauri (Srinagar).The bridge forms a crucial link in the 111-km stretch between Katra and Banihal, which is part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla rail link project. The massive arch-shaped structure being constructed in hostile-terrain, have used over 5462 tonnes of steel will be 359 meters above the chenab river bed.
- Under which scheme, Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) allowed forests to be traded as a commodity ?
1) Green India Mission (GIM)
2) Intensification of Forest Management Scheme (IFMS)
3) National Afforestation Programme (NAP)
4) Green Credit Scheme
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Green Credit Scheme
On January 09, 2020 the Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) which is an apex body that considers questions on the diversion of forest land for non-forest uses such as mining, industrial projects, townships etc and also issues granting of forest clearances has approved Green Credit Scheme that would allow forests to be traded as a commodity.
- Which state will set up 121 acres zoological garden named after the freedom fighter and revolutionary Shaheed Ashfaqullah Khan ?
1) Jaipur, Rajasthan
2) Guwahati, Assam
3) Nagpur, Maharashtra
4) Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
On January 8,2020 The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has approved a proposal to set aside Rs.234 crore for a zoological garden spread across 121 acres in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh to be named after the freedom fighter and revolutionary Shaheed Ashfaqullah Khan.AIM: To attract tourists and to increase employment opportunities.The purpose of the zoological garden is conservation of the wildlife.Shaheed Ashfaqullah Khan zoological garden was proposed in 2008-2009.At present there are two zoological gardens in Uttar Pradesh namley, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden in Lucknow and Kanpur Zoological Park in Kanpur.
- Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly (ARLA) adopted a new logo recently.Which of the following flower is seen in logo ?
1) Dragon-like Dendrobium
2) Aerides falcata
3) Rhynchostylis gigantea
4) Rhynchostylis retusa
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Rhynchostylis retusa
On January 9, 2020 Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly (ARLA) adopted a new logo which will reflect the distinct identity and culture of the state.The new logo consists of the National Emblem to signify the federal system of the Indian Constitution and the flower foxtail orchid (Rhynchostylis retusa) which represents the state, its people and culture, while the blue colour denotes the autonomy of the assembly secretariat.
- Tamil Nadu (TN)’s Fishery and Music universities were named after which politician recently ?
1) K. Kamaraj
2) M. Karunanidhi
4) M. G. Ramachandran
5) None of theseAnswer-3) J.Jayalalithaa
On January 9, 2020 Tamil Nadu (TN) Assembly passed the Bills to rename ‘Tamil Nadu Fisheries University’ and ‘Tamil Nadu Music and Fine Arts University’, after the late Chief Minister and AIADMK leader Jayaram Jayalalithaa as ‘Tamil Nadu Dr.J.Jayalalithaa Fisheries University (TNJFU)’ and ‘Tamil Nadu Dr. J.Jayalalithaa Music and Fine Arts University (TNMFAU)’ respectively.
- Name the 1st of its kind scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh (AP) Chief Minister(CM) Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy that provides Rs.15,000 to indigent mothers to educate their children.
1) YSR Asara
2) Paydalandariki Illu
3) Jagananna Amma Vodi
4) YSR Rythu Bharosa
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Jagananna Amma Vodi
On January 9,2020 Andhra Pradesh (AP) Chief Minister(CM) Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy launched his government’s flagship programme ‘Jagananna Amma Vodi’ scheme in Chittoor, AP. The scheme is to support lakhs of poor and needy mothers to educate their children. Rs.6318 crore has been released for the benefit of around 43 lakh mothers, under the scheme to educate their 82 lakh children around 70 kms in the state this year.An annual financial assistance to the tune of Rs.15,000 credited into the accounts of indigent mothers to educate their children.The Amma Vodi scheme is a first of its kind in the country to bring about historical changes in the education system of the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- V-CIP was in news recently, what does ‘I’ stands for ?
1) I – Identification
2) I – Interest
3) I – Infrastructure
4) I – Information
5) None of theseAnswer-1) I – Identification
I stands for Identification in VCIP.The full form of VCIP is Video Customer Identification Process .
- Video Customer Identification Process (V-CIP) can be used as an alternative of which of the following process ?
1) Customer Verification
4) Customer Accounting
5) None of theseAnswer-2) e-KYC
On January 10, 2020 the Reserve Bank of India(RBI) for the 1st time has introduced Aadhaar-based Video Customer Identification Process (V-CIP). This process will allow banks and other lenders to complete the KYC (Know Your Customer) process of customers on video itself. This facility can be used as an alternative to the already available e-KYC facility. To introduce V-CIP, RBI has amended guidelines under the Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005.
- Which bank’s Independent Director, Uttam Prakash Agarwal resigned recently ?
1) Yes Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Yes Bank
On January 10, 2020, Uttam Prakash Agarwal,an independent director and chairman of YES Bank’s Audit Committee, has resigned citing corporate governance failure.On November 14, 2018, Agarwal was appointed to the post, and his tenure set to end in November 2023.After his resignation, private sector lender Yes Bank’s share price declined 7.19% intraday to Rs 43.90 compared to the previous close of Rs 47.30 on BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange).
- Who was re-elected as the chairman of Krishak Bharati Cooperative Limited (KRIBHCO) ?
1) Deep Narayan Singh
2) Chandra Pal Singh Yadav
3) Mulayam Singh Yadav
4) Beni Prasad Verma
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Chandra Pal Singh Yadav
On January 9,2020 Agri-cooperative leader and Rajya Sabha MP (Member of Parliament) Chandra Pal Singh Yadav, Uttar Pradesh constituency has been re-elected unanimously as Chairman of Krishak Bharati Cooperative Limited (KRIBHCO). He has been the Chairman from July 1999 to May 2010 & thereafter from February 2015 to till date.Sudhakar Chowdhary, a versatile farmer’s leader, was unanimously elected as Vice Chairman of the KRIBHCO.The special general board meeting was held at NCUI (National Cooperative Union of India)auditorium, New Delhi to elect nine directors.
- Who received the 1st Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu National Award for Excellence on January 09, 2020 ?
1) Virender Lal Chopra
2) Salim Ali
3) Verghese Kurien
4) Dr M S Swaminathan
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Dr M S Swaminathan
On January 09, 2020 Eminent Agricultural Scientist Dr M S Swaminathan has been selected as the 1st recipient of the Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu National Award for Excellence. He has been awarded for his contributions in the field of agriculture. Swaminathan is referred to as scientific leader of the green revolution movement.
- Name the social activist, who received the 1st Muppavarapu National Award for Social Service on January 09, 2020 .
1) Sunderlal Bahuguna
2) Chandi Prasad Bhatt
3) Dr. Gutta Muniratnam
4) Kisan Baburao Hazare
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Dr. Gutta Muniratnam
On January 09, 2020 Dr. Gutta Muniratnam has been selected as the 1st recipient of the Muppavarapu National Award for Social Service. The award was given at a function in Hyderabad, Telangana. Gutta is the founder secretary of Tirupati(Andhra Pradesh) based Rashtriya Seva Samiti and is also a social worker. Gutta has been awarded for his contributions in improving the quality of life of people through social service.
- Which Indian City will host the 5th edition of, ‘The Pulses Conclave 2020’ ?
1) Kolkata, West Bengal
2) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
3) Lonavala, Maharashtra
4) New Delhi, Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Lonavala, Maharashtra
India Pulses and Grains Association (IPGA), the apex organisation of the import and export trader of pulses and grains in India will host the 5th edition of its biennial conference, ‘The Pulses Conclave 2020’ from February 12 – 14, 2020 at the Aamby Valley City in Lonavala, Maharashtra. The Conclave aimed at increasing domestic production and consumption & other areas of the trade like improving processing efficiencies, increasing consumption, exports, value addition, post-harvest crop management, etc.
- Based on how many indicators, 2nd State Energy Efficiency Index for the year 2019 tracks the progress of Energy Efficiency (EE) initiatives undertaken in 36 states and Union Territories (UTs) ?
1) 97 Indicators
2) 96 Indicators
3) 95 Indicators
4) 94 Indicators
5) None of theseAnswer-1) 97 Indicators
On January 09, 2020 the Minister of State (MoS- Independent Charge) for Power and New & Renewable Energy who is also MoS for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Raj Kumar Singh has released the 2nd State Energy Efficiency Index 2019 in New Delhi. The index tracks the progress of Energy Efficiency (EE) initiatives undertaken in 36 states and Union Territories(UTs) based on 97 indicators.
- Which of the following state is categorized as ‘Achiever’ in the 2nd State Energy Efficiency Index 2019 along with the Haryana & Kerala ?
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Karnataka
States/UTs grouped into 4(Frontrunner, Achiever, Contender and Aspirant) in the 2nd State Energy Efficiency Index 2019. No States/UTs were listed in the frontrunner category. The states and UTs listed under Achiever categories were Haryana, Kerala and Karnataka, thus making the total count to 3. The states and UTs listed under contender categories were Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu, thus totally it is 8.
- Which health insurance company will be renamed as “HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Ltd” (HDFC ERGO Health) after HDFC bought 50.80 per cent stake in it ?
1) ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited
2) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
3) Star Health Insurance
4) Apollo Munich Health Insurance
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Apollo Munich Health Insurance
On January 9, 2020 HDFC has completed the acquisition of majority stake in Apollo Munich Health Insurance for Rs.1,495.81 crore. The Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC) has bought 50.80 per cent stake in Apollo Munich for Rs.1, 485.14 crore and 0.36 per cent shareholding of employees for Rs.10.67 crore. The acquisition comes after approvals from the Competition Commission of India (CII), the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).Now, Apollo Munich Health Insurance company renamed as HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Ltd (HDFC ERGO Health) and will operate as a subsidiary of HDFC.
- Which organization has developed the viable scientific method to cultivate Indian Pompano fish in ponds ?
1) National Institute Of Freshwater Aquaculture (NIFA)
2) Central Institute Of Freshwater Aquaculture (CIFA)
3) Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI)
4) Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI)
On January 09, 2020 the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh(AP) has successfully cultivated Indian pompano- marine fish species in a brackishwater pond (low salinity)in the region, thus scientifically proving its commercial viability. It was also the 1st scientific experiment which became successful in Indian pompano cultivation. With this success, the govt plans to encourage more Indian pompano cultivation. The scientific name of Indian pompano is Trachinotus mookalee.
- Who topped in the ICC (International Cricket Council) Men’s test batting ranking 2020 released on January 8, 2020 ?
1) Ravindrasinh Anirudhsinh Jadeja
2) Virat Kohli
3) Marnus Labuschagne
4) Jason Omar Holder
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Virat Kohli
As per the ICC (International Cricket Council) Men’s test ranking 2020 released on January 8, 2020, Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli has retained his top position with 928 points in the list of batsmen. At the same time, Cheteshwar Pujara slipped one place to 6th spot with 791 points while Ajinkya Rahane dropped two places to 9th position with 759 points.
Rank Batting Bowling All-rounder 1 Virat Kohli ( India) Patrick James Cummins (Australia) Jason Omar Holder (West Indies) 2 Steven Peter Devereux Smith (Australia) Neil Wagner (South African-born New Zealand cricketer) Ravindrasinh Anirudhsinh Jadeja(India) 3 Marnus Labuschagne (Australia) Jason Omar Holder (West Indies) Ben Stokes (England)
- Name the first Indian equestrian , who qualified for the Tokyo Olympics games after 2 decades (since Imtiaz Anees(2000)) .
1) Sonia Lather
2) Simran Singh Shergill
3) Fouaad Mirza
4) Gaurav Gill
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Fouaad Mirza
Double Asian Games medallist equestrian Fouaad Mirza become the first Indian rider to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan since Imtiaz Anees (2000 Sydney); after his qualification was confirmed by the International Federation for Equestrian Sports (FEI).
- Gajapati dynasty head former MP Gopinath Gajapati Narayan Deo passed away recently, he belonged to which state ?
2) West Bengal
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Odisha
On January 10, 2020 Odisha’s Gajapati dynasty head and the former MP Gopinath Gajapati Narayan Deo passed away due to prolonged illness in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. He was 76.He was born on March 6, 1943 in Paralakhemundi town of Gajapati district in Odisha.He was member of Indian National Congress (INC) representing the Berhampur parliamentary constituency.He later joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 1998 and moved to Biju Janata DAL (BJD) in 2009.
- World Hindi Day (WHD) is observed annually on _______________ .
1) January 9
2) January 10
3) January 8
4) January 7
5) None of theseAnswer-2) January 10
On January 10, 2020, World Hindi Day (WHD) is celebrated across the world with the aim to promote the use of Hindi language abroad. To mark the occasion, Indian Embassies located in other countries & Various government and non-government institutions organized special programs. The 1st World Hindi Conference was organized on 10 January 1975 in Nagpur,Maharashtra by then Prime Minister (PM) Indira Gandhi. It was attended by 122 delegates from 30 countries.The day was 1st celebrated in 2006. Since then every year 10th January is being observed as the WHD.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Biju Patnaik International Airport was in news recently , it is located in which state ? Answer-Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Biju Patnaik International Airport is located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.It was in news recently because it received International recognition for reducing the carbon emission along with 3 other Airports(Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport & Trivandrum International Airport).
- Who is the Chairperson of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) ? Answer-Subhash Chandra Khuntia
- What is the tagline of Yes bank ? Answer-Experience our Expertise
- Chandoli National Park is located in which state ? Answer-Maharashtra
- Who is the Chairman and Managing Director of Konkan Railway ? Answer-Shri. Sanjay Gupta
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/january-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try January Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]