AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Arun-III hydro project is backed by India and secured NPR 100 Billion for 900MW project built on the river Arun. Where is river Arun located at?
2) Sri Lanka
The Arun-3 hydropower project, the largest Indian-backed project in Nepal, secured NPR (Nepalese rupee) 100 Billion for the 900 MW (megawatt) hydropower project being built on the Arun River in Nepal’s Sankhuwasabha District. India’s Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN) Arun-III Power Development Company, the developer of the Arun-III hydropower project has signed the financial closure of the project with 7 banks in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Where is India’s 1st ever Glass floor bridge located at replacing iconic suspension bridge Lakshman Jhula?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
Uttarakhand government has cleared the design of a glass floor suspension bridge, the first of its kind in the country, to be built across Ganga River in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand as a replacement to iconic Lakshman Jhula which was closed in 2019 due to safety reasons. It has been in place for 94 years. The glass floor suspension bridge design is prepared by Public Works Department (PWD). It will be safe for commutation for at least 150 years.
- The 15.6km long railway line between Agartala to Akhaura will be completed by September 2021. It is the Railway line between India and _____?
The 15.6km long railway line between Agartala, India(Tripura)-Akhaura in Bangladesh will be completed by September 2021, these railway routes will improve connectivity between Indian Railways and Bangladesh Railways and will boost trade between the two countries. Rs.580 cores has been sanctioned for the Indo-Bangla railway link in the Indian side. the process of acquisition of land for this project has been done and handed over to IRCON (Indian Railway Construction Company Limited) who is the Executing agency for the construction of the project for both countries. This will be the 1st train from the NorthEast India to Bangladesh.
- In which Indian state for the 1st time drones are used for village mapping (Feb 2020)?
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-5) Madhya Pradesh
The Madhya Pradesh (MP) government, for the first time, will use drones for mapping villages. This will replace the land survey work, done either manually or with the help of satellite images. In this regard, state revenue department inked an agreement with Survey of India, the country’s national mapping agency under the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Which State/UT government has renamed the department of Public Health Engineering and Irrigation and Flood Control (PHE & IFC) as Jal Shakti Department?
3) Jammu & Kashmir
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-3) Jammu & Kashmir
The Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) administration renamed Public Health Engineering and Irrigation and Flood Control Department (PHE & IFC) as the ‘Jal Shakthi Department’. The Administrative Council meeting was met under the Chairmanship of Girish Chandra Murmu, Lieutenant Governor of J&K, sanctioned the implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) to achieve 100% coverage of piped water supply by December 2021.
- Which state has allocated 5 acres’ land to Sunni Waqf Board to construct mosque as per Supreme Court’s order?
1) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-4) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh (UP) state Government cabinet chaired by its Chief Minister (CM) Yogi Adityanath has approved the allotment of 5-acre land to the Sunni Waqf Board for the construction of a new mosque in Ayodhya district. The land was in Dhannipur village along the Lucknow-Ayodhya highway, about 18 kilometres from the Ayodhya’s Headquater, Faizabad.
- Which Indian city receives the UNESCO world heritage city certificate during the visit of General Audrey Azoulay Directorate General of UNESCO’s visit to India (Feb 2020)?
General Audrey Azoulay Directorate General of UNESCO visited Pink City or walled city Jaipur, which in June 2019 became 38th World Heritage site in India. She presented the World Heritage City certificate to Minister of Urban Development Shanti Dhariwal. In 2017, Ahmedabad became the first city of India to get the World Heritage City tag.
- Who heads the Indian National Commission for Co-operation with UNESCO, met the DG UNESCO, Audrey Azoulay in New Delhi (Feb 2020)?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Rajnath Singh
3) Nitin Jairam Gadkari
4) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
5) Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer-4) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank who heads the Indian National Commission for Co-operation with UNESCO, met the DG UNESCO, Audrey Azoulay in New Delhi. During the meet, the two sides signed an agreement in the education sector.
- Which country has announced the launch of 27 nation Religious Freedom Alliance (Feb 2020) for protecting and preserving the religious freedom across the world?
The United States (US) launched the 27-nation International Religious Freedom Alliance, which will try to adopt a collective approach in protecting and preserving religious freedom across the world. It was announced by US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo. Among the prominent countries to join the alliance are Austria, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Israel, Ukraine, the Netherlands and Greece.
- As per Data released by Government of India, 13.62 million Indian nationals are staying abroad and _____ received as remittance between April 2018 – September 2019?
1) $118.3 Billion
2) $114.7 Billion
3) $119.3 Billion
4) $127.6 Billion
5) $113.3 Billion
Answer-1) $118.3 Billion
The Indian govt. has released data of remittances received in the country since April 2018- September 2019. As per the report around 13.62 million Indian nationals are staying abroad & around $118.3 billion has been received as remittance. As per data of the Reserve Bank of India(RBI), $76.4 billion was received as remittances during 2018-19 while $41.9 billion was received during 2019-20.
- Which nation has appointed Philip Barton as new High commissioner to India (Feb 2020)?
5) United States
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) of Great Britain announced that it has appointed Philip Robert Barton KCMG OBE (Knight Commander order of British Empire) as its new high commissioner of Great Britain to India, He will Replace Sir Dominic Anthony Gerard Asquith KCMG and will take charge on Spring Season.
- Tidjane Thiam resigns as CEO of Credit Suisse due to spying scandal. The Headquarters of Credit Suisse located at?
1) Vienna, Austria
2) Zurich, Switzerland
3) Paris, France
4) London, UK
5) New York, US
Answer-2) Zurich, Switzerland
Tidjane Thiam (57), a French-Ivorian banker has resigned chief executive officer (CEO) of Swiss Bank Credit Suisse Group AG following a spying scandal. The board of directors (BOD) of the bank unanimously accepted Thiam’s resignation & also appoints Thomas Gottstein as the new CEO. The Headquarters of credit Suisse is in Zurich, Switzerland.
- The 4th edition of Mystic Kalinga Festival (MSF) which commences in Odisha, Bhubaneswar (on February 8 & 9, 2020). Who is going to receive prestigious Mystic Kalinga Literacy Award?
1) Akkitham Achuthan Namboodri
2) Amitav Ghosh
3) Manoj Das
4) Nasira Sharma
5) K Siva Reddy
Answer-3) Manoj Das
Famous Odia and English writer Manoj Das, 85 years old, will receive Mystic Kalinga Literary award– Indian and Global languages, during the 4th edition of the 2day Mystic Kalinga Festival (MSF) which will commence in Swosti Premium, Odisha, Bhubaneswar on February 8 & 9, 2020. He also got Padma Bhushan award recently. Manoj Das will deliver the festival’s keynote address on “Divine Madness: Knowledge, Ecstasy and Transformation”.
- The President of India has presented the International Gandhi awards for Leprosy under individual category to ______ (Feb 2020)?
1) N.S. Dharmashaktu
2) Yohei Sasakawa
3) Damodar Ganesh Bapat
4) Ralph Nader
5) B.K. Goldtooth
Answer-1) N.S. Dharmashaktu
President of India Shri. Ram Nath Kovind presented the International Gandhi Awards for Leprosy to Dr. N.S. Dharmashaktu under the Indian nomination individual category and Leprosy Mission Trust under the institutional category at New Delhi, India. The award was instituted by Gandhi memorial Leprosy Foundation.
- Which Organization has launched India-central Asia Business council in New Delhi along with 5 central Asian countries?
1) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
2) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
3) PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry
4) National Association of Software & Service Companies (NASSCOM)
5) The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
Answer-2) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
In order to boost business & economy, the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) together with 5 of the biggest industry bodies of Central Asian countries (Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan) launched the India-Central Asia Business council in New Delhi.
- The 22nd edition of India International seafood show (IISS) 2020 with the theme “Blue Revolution- Beyond Production to Value Addition” commenced at?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) kochi, Kerala
3) Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
4) Mangalore, Karnataka
5) Surat, Gujarat
Answer-2) Kochi, kerala
A 3-day long 22nd edition of India International Seafood Show (IISS), 2020 based on the theme “Blue Revolution- Beyond Production to Value Addition” has commenced at Hotel Grand Hyatt in Kochi, Kerala. The show is being organized jointly by the Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) under Ministry of Commerce and Industry & the Seafood Exporters Association of India (SEAI).
- The Sea food export target of India by 2020 is ______?
1) $5 Billion
2) $10 Billion
3) $1 Billion
4) $500 Million
5) $100 Million
Answer-2) $10 Billion
As India is the second largest aquaculture producer in the world, it had set the target of seafood export at $10 billion by this year (i.e 2020).
- Which country is going to host the ministerial meet to advance Religious freedom in July 2020?
4) United Kingdom
Poland will host the next ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom in Warsaw in July 2020.
- As per National Crime Records Bureau’s (NCRB) report on ‘Missing women and Children in India’ between 2016-18 Madhya Pradesh tops in number of missing children list. Whereas, which state tops in most number of missing women in India?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) Andhra Pradesh
According to the report titled ‘missing women and children in India’ released by National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB),an Indian government agency responsible for collecting and analyzing crime data, The highest number (33,964) of women who go missing in India are from Maharashtra & and the number of missing children are maximum (10, 038)in the State of Madhya Pradesh(MP) in the year 2016, 2017 & 2018.
- French energy major Total Gas & Power Business Services SAS (TOTAL) will acquire 50% stake of renewable energy projects of which Indian company for $510 million?
1) Vestas India
2) Suzlan India Limited
3) Adani Green Energy Ltd
4) Tata power Solar limited
5) ReNew Power Limited
Answer-3) Adani Green Energy Ltd
French energy major Total Gas & Power Business Services SAS (TOTAL) will acquire 50% stake in all operational renewable energy projects of Adani Green Energy Ltd. (AGEL) for $510 million (Rs 3633 crore) along with other tools in a solar energy joint venture (JV) that will house 2,148 mw now possessed by the Adani group firm. The remaining 50 % in the JV will be held by AGEL.
- In February 2020, Department of Telecommunications approved the merger of Tata Teleservices with ______?
1) Reliance Communications
2) Bharti Airtel
3) Tata Indicom
4) Idea Cellular
5) Vodafone Essar
Answer-2) Bharti Airtel
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT), a department of the Ministry of Communications has approved the merger of consumer mobile operations of the Tata group –Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) with Bharti Airtel Limited (also known as Airtel).
- Emami Group announced the selling of its 100% equity stake in Emami Cement Limited to which Indian Company (Feb 2020)?
1) Nuvoco vistas
2) Dishman Carbogen Amcis
3) Jain Irrigation Systems
4) CIL Nova Petrochemicals
5) Duncan Engineering
Answer-1) Nuvoco vistas
Emami Group announced the selling of its 100% equity stake in Emami Cement Limited, an Integrated Cement Manufacturing plant for an amount of RS. 5500 crores to Nuvoco Vistas corporation limited, part of Nirma Group.
- Which Indian Institute finds a molecule to cure rare neurodegenerative disease (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis” (ALS) / “Lou Gehrig’s disease”)?
1) IIT- Madras
2) IIT- Bombay
3) IIT- Hyderabad
Answer-3) IIT- Hyderabad
Researchers from IIT-H, Telangana (Indian Institute of Technology- Hyderabad) had found a molecule called “AIM-4” that can help in the treatment of rare neurodegenerative disease called “Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis” (ALS) known as “Lou Gehrig’s disease”.
- Nasa Astronaut who returns (Feb 2020) to earth after record long stay in International Space Station (ISS) is?
1) Peggy Whitson
2) Luca Parmitano
3) Christina Koch
4) Alexander Skvortsov
5) Valeri Polyakov
Answer-3) Christina Koch
Valeri NASA’s (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) astronaut Christina Koch(41 years) from United States(US)who made the 1st all female space walk in 2019 landed in Kazakh desert steppe of Kazakhstan in a Soyuz MS-13 capsule. She has landed after making a record of longest stay on the International Space Station(ISS). She made her landing after ending a 328 mission in space. Koch broke the record of NASA’s Peggy Whitson for the longest continuous stay in space by a woman.
- Which department has introduced e-calculator to calculate due tax under new and old regime (Feb 2020)?
1) Department of Income Tax
2) Department of Revenue
3) Department of Expenditure
4) Department of Investment and Public Asset Management
5) Department of consumer Affairs
Answer-1) Department of Income Tax
Income Tax (IT) Department launched an e-calculator for individuals to estimate their tax liability for new tax slabs without claiming deductions & exemptions for ITR (Income Tax Return) filing.
- Who has been appointed as India’s non playing Davis cup captain 2020 by All India Tennis Association (AITA)?
1) Rohit Rajpal
2) Leander Paes
3) Mahesh Bhupathi
4) Rohan Bopanna
5) Sumit Nagal
Answer-1) Rohit Rajpal
All India Tennis Association (AITA) announced Rohit Rajpal will continue as India’s non-playing Davis Cup captain 2020, in the selection committee meeting held at New Delhi, India.
- Ellyse Perry unveils mural ahead of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 Trophy Tour which features two of world’s famous “perrys” Ellyse Perry and ______?
1) Adam Perry
2) katy Perry
3) Alfred Perry
4) Linda Perry
5) Kenny Perry
Answer-2) katy Perry
Australian all-rounder Ellyse Perry has unveiled a mural celebrating two of the world’s most famous ‘Perrys’ (Ellyse Perry &global pop superstar Katy Perry), which was painted in the iconic Hosier Lane of the city(Melbourne) by local artist Tayla Broekman as part of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 Trophy Tour, to be held in Melbourne, Australia from February 21 to March 18.
- Raju Bharatan who passed away recently (Feb 2020) is a _____?
2) Film Historian
3) Cricket Journalist
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-5) Both 2) and 3)
Famous cricket journalist and film historian Raju Bharatan, 86 years old, passed away at Mumbai, Maharashtra. He is also the writer for The hindu and Sportstar and also a popular radio commentator for India’s cricket matches.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Cricketer Babar Azam belongs to which country?
Recently in February 2020, Babar Azam named as Pakistan One Day International (ODI) captain.
- Bidar Airport located in which Indian state?
On 07 February, 2019 Karnataka Chief minister Yeddyurappa inaugurated the service in Bengaluru and flew in the same flight to Bidar and back. This comes days after GMR Airports signed an agreement earlier this week to operate and maintain the civilian enclave at Bidar airport under the Udan, or Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik, regional connectivity scheme.
- Who is the President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)?
- Department of Telecommunications (DoT) comes under which ministry?
Answer-Department of communications
- Ellyse Perry is the cricketer belongs to which country?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]