AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs February 5 Quiz 2018 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which state Government will set up a Transgender Welfare Board for the first time?
3. Madhya Pradesh
5. MaharashtraAnswer – 5. Maharashtra
Maharashtra Minister of state for Social Justice Dilip Kamble has stated that Maharashtra State Government will set up a Transgender Welfare Board in a month’s time. Board’s primary task will be to look after education, employment, housing, and health schemes for transgenders and also to protect their Constitutional and human rights. Maharashtra will thus become the first Indian state to have such a board. It is to be noted that Maharashtra State Government has made a provision of Rs 5 crore for welfare of the Transgender community. Responsibility of setting up of the board and implementing welfare schemes for transgender community has been entrusted on Maharashtra State Social Justice department.
- Which is the world’s busiest single-runway airport?
1. Indira Gandhi International Airport – New Delhi.
2. Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport, Mumbai
3. Bengaluru International Airport – Bengaluru
4. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
5. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport – HyderabadAnswer – 2. Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport, Mumbai
ChhatrapatiShivaji International airport, Mumbai created a new world record for single-runway operations by handling 980 arrivals and take-offs in 24 hours.By operating 980 flight on January 20, 2018, Mumbai Airport surpassed its own record of 974 flights in 24 hours reported on December 6, 2017. As per 2017 annual report of CAPA, the Sydney-based education network, Mumbai airport, which is currently operating at 94% of its maximum passenger handling capacity, will reach saturation point in 2018. ChhatrapatiShivaji International airport, Mumbai which has been facing a sever space crunch, currently handles 45.2 million passengers and on an average, operates around 930 flights per day.
- According to the latest India research report by green energy market tracker Mercom Capital, India has achieved how many Giga wattcumulative solar power capacity?
1. 10 GW
2. 20 GW
3. 50 GW
4. 100 GW
5. 150 GWAnswer – 2. 20 GW (Giga watt)
According to the latest India research report by green energy market tracker Mercom Capital, India has achieved 20 GW (Giga watt) cumulative solar power capacity. Out of 20 GW, utility-scale cumulative installations stand at approximately 18.4 GW, while rooftop solar accounts for another 1.6 GW. 20 GW capacity has been attained four years ahead of the 2022 target set under National Solar Mission. In addition to this, Solar Power was the top source of new power capacity additions in India during the calendar year 2017. During 2017, Solar power accounted for 45% of total capacity additions. This accomplishment can be attributed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s push on renewable energy. After coming to power in 2014, Modi Government revised the target under National Solar Mission to 100 GW of solar capacity by 2022.
- Which country has signed a Strategic Partnership Agreement with United Nations World Food Programme by giving an aid of 370 million dollars to World Food Programme (WFP) for the next 4 years?
5. USAAnswer – 4. Sweden
On 2nd February 2018, Sweden signed a Strategic Partnership Agreement with United Nations World Food Programme, committing 370 million dollars to World Food Programme (WFP) for the next 4 years. Sweden’s contribution for the 2018-2021 period is the biggest contribution made by a donor within the WFP Strategic Partnership Agreement. The Swedish government has been the largest donor of flexible funds to WFP for nearly 10 years. This is the first time in a decade, the number of hungry people in the world is on the rise. Out of the total hungry people in the world, majority of them live in conflict affected countries.World Food Programme (WFP) has said that, ten out of thirteen largest food crises in the world are created by conflict.
- Which State Government, in association with United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) launched ‘DASTAK’, a door to door campaign to eradicate deadly Acute Encephalitis (AE) Syndrome and Japanese Encephalitis (JES) disease from the state?
5. PunjabAnswer – 4. Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh State Government, in association with United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) launched ‘DASTAK’, a door to door campaign to eradicate deadly Acute Encephalitis (AE) Syndrome and Japanese Encephalitis (JES) disease from the state. ’DASTAK’ campaign was launched by UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow on February 5, 2018. Tagline for the campaign is “Darwaja khatkhatao, AES aur JE kobhagao”. As a part of this campaign, many departments of UP State Govt., especially health, rural development, primary education, with the help of UNICEF, will go door to door in 38 JES and AE affected districts. These districts contribute to about 60 percent of the total AES cases all over India. 600 school students in the affected areas will also be part of this campaign.
- Name the Indian Cricketer in Forbes India 30 Under 30 list.
1. Jasprit Bumrah
2. Hardik Pandya
3. Virat Kohli
4.K L Rahul
5. Cheteshwar PujaraAnswer – 1. Jasprit Bumrah
Four Indian sportspersons – JaspritBumrah, Harmanpreet Kaur, Savita Punia and Heena Sidhu – have featured in this year’s Forbes India 30 Under 30 list.i. 24-year old, Indian fast bowler JaspritBumrah had a fantastic 2017. During 2017, he claimed 39 wickets in 23 ODIs. He was also named in the International Cricket Council’s (ICC’s) One Day International (ODI) Team of The Year. In 2017, 28-year old India woman cricketer, Harmanpreet Kaur helped India win the Women’s World Cup semi-final match against Australia by scoring 171 runs. This match was the most watched women’s cricket match ever. In October 2017, former World No. 1 woman shooter, Heena Sidhu clinched gold at the Commonwealth shooting championships in Brisbane, Australia. Despite of suffering a finger injury last year, she did not give up and ensured a comeback. Indian women Hockey team goalkeeper, Savita Punia has proven to be an important part of the Indian hockey team on multiple occasions. She played an instrumental role in helping India qualify for Rio 2016 Olympics.
- Nicos Anastasiades won President re-election for second five-year term. He is the president of which country?
5. JordanAnswer – 3. Cyprus
On 4th February 2018, Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades won re-election for second five-year term.Nicos Anastasiades secured 56 % of the votes and beat his opponent Stavros Malas who scored 44 % of votes. Nicos Anastasiades is 71 years old. He has been serving as President of Cyprus since 2013. Earlier, he was the leader of the political party Democratic Rally. Stavros Malas is 50 years old. He was Minister of Health in the government of Cyprus from 2011 to 2012.
- Who was appointed the State Election Commissioner of Odisha?
1. Belatee Pertin
3. Ramakanth Reddy
4. Naba Kumar Nayak
5. Rabi Narayan SenapatiAnswer – 4. Naba Kumar Nayak
Naba Kumar Nayak has been appointed as the State Election Commissioner in Odisha.Naba Kumar Nayak replaces Rabi Narayan Senapati. Naba Kumar Nayak is a retired IAS officer. He had been a member and the chairman in-charge of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). He has also held positions like Joint Chief Electoral Officer, Collector of Puri and Mayurbhanj districts and Deputy Relief Commissioner.
- Who was the first Chief of Staff of the US Air Force,flew a sortie in the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) ‘Tejas’ at the Indian Air Force (IAF) station in Jodhpur, Rajasthan?
2.General David L Goldfein
3.General M. Modassir
5.General C. RopiangaAnswer – 2. General David L Goldfein
On February 3, 2018, General David L Goldfein, chief of staff of the US Air Force, flew a sortie in the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) ‘Tejas’ at the Indian Air Force (IAF) station in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. This is the first time that any Chief of Staff of the US Air Force flew LCA ‘Tejas’. For the sortie, General Goldfein was accompanied by Indian Air Force Air Vice Marshal AP Singh as a co-pilot. On February 1, 2018, General Goldfein along with other US officials arrived in India for an official visit. During the course of this visit, General Goldfein also met Indian Air Force Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa and held discussion with Indian Air Force Officials to further enhance cooperation between the two air forces.
- By defeating PV Sindhu, who won the women’s singles finals of India Open Super 500 at Siri Fort Complex in New Delhi on 4th February 2018?
1. Carolina Marin
2. Wang Yihan
3. Sung Ji-hyun
5. Gao LingAnswer – 4. Beiwen Zhang
On 4th February 2018, India’s PV Sindhu lost to America’s Beiwen Zhang in the women’s singles finals of India Open Super 500 at Siri Fort Complex in New Delhi. PV Sindhu was defeated 18-21, 21-11, 20-22 by Beiwen Zhang in the women’s singles finals. Beiwen Zhang won the women’s singles title of India Open 2018. This Beiwen Zhang’s first major title. Beiwen Zhang won the gold medal and PV Sindhu secured the silver medal. PV Sindhu had won the women’s singles title of 2017 India Super Series.
- Which team won the 8th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship 2018 (B Division)?
1.Bengaluru Hockey Association
2.Steel Plant Sports Board
3.Central Reserve Police Force
5. Indian Railway DepartmentAnswer – 3. Central Reserve Police Force
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) team has won 8th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship 2018 (B Division). In the final match played in Ranchi, Jharkhand on February 4, 2018, CRPF team defeated Kerala Hockey by a margin of 7-0. From the CRPF team, PriciliaTirkey scored 4 goals, while Pragya Mourya, Siddhi Singh and Bharti Thakur scored one goal each.The third-fourth classification match was played between Steel Plant Sports Board and Bengaluru Hockey Association. Steel Plant Sports Board won the match by 4-0 margin.
- Lakshmi Devi passed away recently. Who was she?
5. TeacherAnswer – 2. Actor
On 3rd February 2018, Telugu actor Lakshmi Devi died after suffering a cardiac arrest, at Manikonda, in Hyderabad, Telangana. Lakshmi Devi was 78 years old. She was a Telugu actor and a skilled acting teacher. Lakshmi Devi is survived by her husband Devadas, son Rajeev, daughter Sri Lakshmi, daughter-in-law Suma, son-in-law Ramarao and grandchildren. Lakshmi Devi started a film institute along with her husband Devadas. She has trained great actors like Telugu film star Chiranjeevi.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Hisaab Kitaab’, a book on household budgeting?
1. Actress Yana Gupta
2. Actress Aarti Chhabria
3. Actress Amrita Arora
4. Actress Celina Jaitly
5. Actress Anjana SukhaniAnswer – 5. Anjana Sukhani
Actress Anjana Sukhani is writing a book named ‘HisaabKitaab’, a book on household budgeting. Anjana Sukhani is writing ‘HisaabKitaab’ based on her experiences. The book is based on the dynamics of household budgeting. Anjana Sukhani has acted in films like “Salaam-e-Ishq”, “Golmaal Returns” and “Allah KeBanday”.
- Which Military Regiment of Indian Army has completed 250 glorious years of raising?
1. Scinde Rifles Regiment
2.Maratha Light Infantry Regiment
3. Carnatic Infantry Regiment
4. Royal Sikh Pioneers Regiment
5. Rajputana Rifles RegimentAnswer – 2. Maratha Light Infantry Regiment
Maratha Light Infantry Regiment (an infantry regiment of the Indian Army) has completed 250 glorious years of its raising. Currently, Maratha Light Infantry Regiment is one of the oldest and most decorated infantry regiment of the Indian Army. 2nd Battalion Bombay Sepoys (raised in 1768) was the first battalion of Maratha Light Infantry Regiment. In 1841, during First Afghan War, Maratha Light Infantry Regiment was the first regiment to be awarded with the title of ‘Light Infantry’. During the World War – I, it was honoured with 15 battle honours.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present chief minister of Maharashtra?Devendra Fadnavis
- Where is Agatti Airport located?Lakshadweep Islands
- In which year National Solar Mission was launched?2010
- Which is the capital city of Sweden?Stockholm
- What is the currency of Cyprus?Euro; Capital-Nicosia