Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 5 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 February
- Who is the head of the committee constituted by Ministry of AYUSH to prepare a Yoga Protocol for Diabetes Control?
A.Dr. H.R. Nagendra
B.Dr. Gajendra Bharali
C.Dr. Basant Kumar Singh
D.Dr. Mantosh Kumar JhaAnswer – A.Dr. H.R. Nagendra
The Ministry of AYUSH has constituted a 16-member committee under the chairmanship of Dr. H.R. Nagendra, Chancellor, S-Vyasa University, to prepare a Yoga Protocol for Diabetes Control. The Ayush Minister Shri ShripadYesso Naik said that regular yoga practice can help reduce the level of sugar in the blood, along with lowering blood pressure, keeping a weight check, reducing the symptoms and slowing the rate of progression of diabetes, as well as lessening the severity of further complications.
- Pink teddy bears were given away to first time female voters at the assembly election polling booths of which state on February 4, 2017 to encourage women voters’ participation?
D.GujaratAnswer – B.Goa
In a move to encourage active participation in the assembly poll especially by women voters, the government of Goa on February 4, 2017 conducted a unique experiment, which involved giving away 600 pink teddy bears to first time women voters across the state. The teddies were distributed at 40 model polling booths from each of the 40 assembly constituencies in Goa. These polling stations were decorated with pink balloons, pink table cloths, pink walls, while polling officials were also seen wearing pink clothes.
- The World’s longest passenger service flight was inaugurated by which country on February 5, 2017?
D.IraqAnswer – B.Qatar
The Qatar Airways has launched the World’s longest scheduled commercial service to ply between Doha to Auckland. The inaugural service of Flight QR920 took off on February 5, 2017 from Doha and will take 16 hours and 20 minutes to travel 14,535 kilometers to reach Auckland in New Zealand.
- Which England Cricket Player has been honored with the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE) on February 4, 2017 in London?
D.Joe RootAnswer – C.Alastair Cook
The England Test captain Alastair Cook was honored with the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE) by Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace, London on February 4, 2017. CBE is one of the highest Order of honors among a series of top 5 British honors. It is rewarded for contributions made in the field of arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organizations, and public service outside the Civil Service.
- Who has been appointed as the new MD & CEO of KPMG India operation on February 5, 2017?
D.Arun M KumarAnswer – D.Arun M Kumar
Leading professional services firm KPMG India has appointed the former US government official Arun M Kumar as the Chairman and CEO to lead KPMG India operations. He succeeds Richard Rekhy who was re-appointed to the post in January 2016 for a period of four years. However in November 2016 he stepped down. The KPMG India Board elected Kumar who took the charge from February 5 for a five-year term.
- Who has been elected as the Legislative Party leader of the Tamil Nadu’s political party AIADMK on February 5, 2017?
D.V.SathyabamaAnswer – C.Sasikala Natarajan
Tamil Nadu’s political party AIADMK has elected Sasikala Natarajan as the Legislative Party leader on February 5, 2017. Sasikala, the general secretary of AIADMK was unanimously elected by the AIADMK MLAs at a party meeting in Chennai. Her name was proposed by O. Panneerselvam. Now she is set to become the Chief Minister of the state as O. Panneerselvam stepped down from the post on February 3, 2017.
- Tech giant Google has planned to sell its Terra Bella business to which start-up firm on February 3, 2017?
C.Airbus Defence &Space
D.Planet LabsAnswer – D.Planet Labs
Technology giant Google has announced to sell its Terra Bella business which includes a group of SkySat Earth imaging satellites to an imaging start-up, Planet Labs on February 3, 2017. Google had acquired Terra Bella in 2014 for $ 500 million and that time it was known as Skybox Imaging. The deal will help Planet Labs to widen its potential customer base and broaden its available data. Once the deal closes, Google will enter into multi-year contract to purchase Earth-imaging data from Planet Labs.
- The Sports Minister Vijay Goel laid the foundation stone of the India’s first Center of Excellence for Para Sports in which state on February 5, 2017?
D.KeralaAnswer – B.Gujarat
Sports Minister Vijay Goel laid the foundation stone of the India’s first Center of Excellence for Para Sports to help para athletes in showcasing their skills and talent further both at the national and international level in Gujarat on February 5, 2017. Budget outlay: Rs.50 Crores.. The Center will have a fully air conditioned indoor hall, fully air conditioned elite hostel of 100 beds, 20 VIP accommodation for foreign guest which will also be air conditioned and open land for warm-up.
- Which country will host the FIBA Women’s Asia Cup basketball tournament to be held in July 2017?
D.IranAnswer – A.India
Basketball Federation of India on February 5, 2017 announced that India will host FIBA Women’s Asia Cup basketball tournament in July 2017 in Bengaluru. India also set to host the FIBA U-16 Women’s Asian Championship from October 22 to 28 in Hyderabad. This will be the first time since 2009 that India will host a major FIBA (International Basketball Federation) event.
- Who is the winner of the men’s single title at the 78th 11Even Sports Table Tennis Senior National Championships held in Haryana on February 5, 2017?
C.Achanta Sharath Kamal
D.Chetan BaboorAnswer – C.Achanta Sharath Kamal
Veteran Achanta Sharath Kamal won the men’s singles title after defeating Soumyajit Ghosh. This is Kamal’s seventh national crown at the 11Even Sports Senior Table Tennis Nationals hels at the Manesar Sports Club in Haryana. Madhurika Patkar won the women’s singles title against six-time national champion Poulomi Ghatak.Now she became the first-time champion in the women’s singles at the 11Even Sports Senior Table Tennis Nationals in Haryana
- Which country won the gold medal in the Boys team event at the Asian Junior Squash championship on February 5, 2017 in Hong Kong?
D.PakistanAnswer – C.India
India’s boy team defeated Malaysia 2-0 on February 5, 2017 in Hong Kong to clinch the gold medal at the Asian Junior Squash championship. The team won the game in second round with to seed Velavan Senthilkumar besting Malaysia’s Ong Sai Hung, 12-10, 11-0, 11-2 and Abhay Singh beat Darren Rahul Pragasam, 10-12, 7-11, 11-5, 14-12, 11-6. This is the second time that the Indian boys had won the title. Earlier in 2011 they defeated Pakistan in Colombo.
- Suranjit Sengupta, who died on February 5, 2017 at the age of 72 was a political leader of which country?
D.IranAnswer – A.Bangladesh
Suranjit Sengupta Das, the Hindu politician in the ruling Bangladesh Awami League died on February 5, 2017 in Dhaka. He was 72. Sengupta played a significant role in framing the first post-independent Constitution of Bangladesh in 1972. He was a former Railway Minister of Bangladesh. He was also a member of Awami League Advisory Council and chairman of parliamentary standing committee on law, justice and parliamentary affairs ministry.
- Pathani Patnaik who passed away in Odisha on February 4, 2017 was a renowned personality associated to which field?
D.JournalistAnswer – B.Litterateur
Eminent educationist and litterateur Pathani Patnaik passed away on February 4, 2017 at his residence at Kanika Chhak in Cuttack. He was 89. Patnaik had written more than 50 books on different aspects of literature, including short stories and poems. Besides, he has written hundreds of books on children literature, short stories, journalistic articles and translation books.
- Renowned Pakistani Urdu Novel writer ___________ passed away on February 4, 2017 in Lahore at the age of 88.
D.Surayya BajiaAnswer – C.Bano Qudsia
Renowned Urdu novelist and playwriter from Pakistan, Bano Qudsia, passed away on February 4, 2017 in Lahore. She was 88. Qudsia was born in Ferozepur, India in 1928 and migrated to Pakistan after partition. She did her masters in Urdu Literature. In 2003 she was awarded Sitara-i-Imtiaz, the third highest civilian award in the State of Pakistan and Hilal-i-Imtiaz, the second highest civilian award in 2010
- The Measles-Rubella (MR) vaccination campaign was launched in which Indian city on February 5, 2017?
D.BengaluruAnswer – D.Bengaluru
The Union Health Ministry launched the Measles-Rubella (MR) vaccination campaign on February 5, 2017 in Bengaluru targeting 41 crore children across the country to eradicate Rubella and Measles from India. A single vaccine for dual protection against measles and rubella as part of Universal Immunization Programme was launched. According to the ministry, after the campaign the MR vaccine will be introduced in routine immunisation, replacing the two doses of measles vaccine given to children at 9-12 months and 16-24 months of age.
- Who is the Minister of State with Independent Charge for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines?
D.Ravi Shankar PrasadAnswer – C.Piyush Goyal
Piyush Goyal is the Minister of State with Independent Charge for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines in the Government of India.
- Scientists from which country successfully transplanted the world’s smallest pacemaker, Micra Transcatheter Pacing System, for the first time in a patient suffering from Bradycardia?
D.SingaporeAnswer – A.United States
Oncologists in United States successfully implanted World’s smallest pacemaker,Micra Transcatheter Pacing System (TPS), in a patient in US. The pacemaker TPS is as much as a vitamin capsule in size and provides the most advanced pacing technology. The TPS system was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently and unlike other traditional pacemakers it does not require any cardiac wires (leads) or a surgical pocket under the skin to deliver a pacing therapy.
- Velavan Senthilkumar is related to which sports?
D.SquashAnswer – D.Squash
Velavan Senthilkumar is India’s emerging Squash player who plays for U-19 category.
- What is the currency of Mexico?
D.Mexican DollarAnswer – A.Mexican Peso
Capital: Mexico City, Currency: Mexican peso, President: Enrique Peña Nieto