AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Date-Wise Current Affairs February 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs February 29 2020
- In which of the following North-East states, The President of India Ram Nath Govind approved the delimitation exercise (Feb 2020).
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) All the aboveAnswer-5) All the above
President Ram Nath Kovind gave his nod for resuming delimitation exercise in the northeastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, and Nagaland by rescinding/cancelling the February 8, 2008 order. A Delimitation Commission was set up under the Delimitation Act, 2002 to readjust the division of each state and union territory into territorial constituencies for the purpose of Lok Sabha and state assembly elections on the basis of census figures of 2001. The Delimitation Commission completed the delimitation exercise on November 26, 2008 in respect of all the states, except in these four northeastern states due to threat to the peace and public order.
- Find the railway station where the Indian railways launched its First “Restaurant on Wheels” for railway passengers?
1) Durgapura Station, Rajasthan
2) Asansol Station, West Bengal
3) Haridwar Station, Uttarakhand
4) Suratgarh Station, Rajasthan
5) Ajmer Station, RajasthanAnswer-2) Asansol Station, West Bengal
Indian railways launched its First “Restaurant on Wheels” at Asansol Station (division of Eastern railway), West Bengal, for railway passengers and citizens of the city. Shri Babul Supriyo, Minister of State for Environment, Forest & Climate Change (MoSEFCC) inaugurated the 1st “Restaurant on Wheels” at Asansol station.
- Name the Indian state which organized the 2 day ‘Nimad Chilli Festival 2020’.
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) West Bengal
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-5) Madhya Pradesh
1st edition of 2-day unique initiative “Nimad Chilli Festival 2020” organised by Madhya Pradesh Government begins at Kasrawad in Khargone district, Madhya Pradesh(MP) on 29th February & 1st March 2020. Mascot named “chilli chacha” was released during the festival for better marketing the famous spice. “gene bank” will be created to save the original varieties of chillies grown in the region. This festival is locally called ‘Mirch Mahotsav’.
- Name the Indian state, which reduced the retirement age of state government employees from 60 to 58 (Feb 2020).
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) PunjabAnswer-5) Punjab
The Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal presented Punjab govt’s Rs ₹1, 54,805 crore budget for financial year 2020-21 in the state assembly. The retirement age of state government employees has been reduced from 60 to 58. Those who have turned 59 will retire on March 31 this year and those who are 58 will retire from September 30. The financial outgo on account of reducing the retirement age would be ₹3,500 crores.
- Winston Peters who had a 4-day (February 25-28, 2020) official visit to India is the deputy Prime Minister of which country?
4) New Zealand
5) ArgentinaAnswer-4) New Zealand
The Deputy Prime Minister of New Zealand (NZ) and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Winston Raymond Peters has paid a 4-day official visit to India (February 25-28, 2020). He was accompanied by NZ Trade Minister David Parker and a business delegation.
- Name the Indian organization which organized the India-New Zealand Business Forum 2020 in New Delhi.
1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
2) Electronic Component Industries Association (ELCINA)
3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)Answer-1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry), an association of business organisations in India has organized a ‘India-New Zealand Business Forum 2020 in New Delhi.
- As per Government’s data, the issuance of RuPay debit cards under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dan Yojana (PMJDY) reached all-time-high of ______ (as on 19 February 2020).
1) 38.13 Crore
2) 36.59 Crore
3) 29.14 Crore
4) 19.97 Crore
5) 25.33 CroreAnswer-3) 29.14 crore
In accordance with the government data, by February 19, 2020, the issuance of RuPay debit cards under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) reached an all-time-high of 29.14 crore. The data states that three out of four Jan Dhan account holders (i.e 29.14 crore out of 38.13 crore – around 76%)have a RuPay debit card.
- As per Controller General of Accounts (CGA), the fiscal deficit of the country reached ______ of the estimate for the whole year at the end of January 2020.
5) 132.2%Answer-4) 128.5%
According to the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) of Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, fiscal deficit of the country reached 128.5 % of the estimate for the whole year at the end of January 2020.The deficit stood at Rs 9,85,472 crore ($137.05 billion). The deficit was 121.5% of the revised budget estimate (RBE) for the same period of the previous financial year-FY 2018-19.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approves the appointment of Sumant Kathpalia as MD&CEO of Which Private Sector Bank?
1) ICICI Bank
2) IndusInd Bank
3) Dhanlaxmi Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) City Union BankAnswer-2) IndusInd Bank
The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has approved the appointment of Sumant Kathpalia as Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of private sector lender IndusInd Bank for three years, which is effective from March 24, 2020, He is the successor of Romesh Sobti. The headquarters of IndusInd bank is Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- According to Union Women and Child development minister Smriti Irani, how many number of chairs will be set up by UGC across India in the names of women scientists?
5) 17Answer-3) 11
According to the Women and Child Development (WCD) Minister Smriti Zubin Irani, 11 Chairs will be set up in institutes by UGC (University Grants Commission) across India in the names of women scientists, including eminent anthropologist Iravati Karve. The decision has been taken on ‘National Science Day’ on February 28, 2020. Each chair will be given Rs 50 lakh each for a year with a total expenditure of Rs 5 crore per annum.
Name of the Chair & the field they associated with:
SN Chair to be instituted in the name of Fields with which the Scientist was associated 1. Dr.Archana Sharma (1932-2008) Renowned cytogenetist Agriculture and Allied Research 2. Dr. Janaki Ammal (1897-1984) The Pioneering Botanist Biotechnology 3. Dr.DarshanRanganathan
(1941-2001) Organic Chemist
Immunology 4. Dr.Ashima Chatterjee (1917-2006) Chemist Par Excellence Organic Chemistry, Phytomedicine 5. Dr.KadambiniGanguly (1861-1923) A doctor who broke the muth Medicine 6. Dr IrawatiKarve (1905-1970) Studying Humans Sociology 7. Dr. Anna Mani (1918-2001) Pioneer Indian Meterologist Meteorology 8. Dr.Rajeshwari Chatterjee (1922-2010) First Woman engineer from the State of Karnataka Engineering 9. Dr. Raman Parimala (b.1948) Mathematician (Bhatnagar Award, 1987) Mathematics 10. Bibhachowdhuri (1913-1991) Physics 11. Kamal Ranadive (8 November 1917-2001) (medicine) Biomedical Research
- Name the person, who has been honoured with the annual Swami Vivekananda Karmayogi award 2020 (6th edition).
1) Sumaira Abdulali
2) Kinkri Devi
3) Chandi Prasad Bhatt
4) Jadav Payeng
5) Sunderlal BahugunaAnswer-4) Jadav Payeng
Forest Man of India & environmentalist Padma Shri Jadav ‘Molai’ Payeng is honoured with the 6th annual Swami Vivekananda Karmayogi award 2020 for his consistent efforts in creating a manmade forest through afforestation. The award comprises of a trophy, a recitation & a reward of Rs 1 Lakh. He is also a forest worker from the missing tribe from Jorhat, Assam.
- The 19th edition of World Productivity Congress 2020 with the theme “Industry 4.0 – Innovation and Productivity” will be held at which Indian city?
4) New Delhi
5) PuneAnswer-2) Bengaluru
The 19th edition of World Productivity Congress (WPC) with the theme “Industry 4.0 – Innovation and Productivity” will be held from May 6 to May 8, 2020 at the Bengaluru International Exhibition Centre, Bengaluru, Karnataka. WPC is the world’s largest convention for productivity development which promotes innovation and world class practices that shape future productivity growth and to be held in India after 45 years.
- As per the report by online payment processor Worldline India titled “Wordline India Digital Payments 2019”, Name the Indian city which accounted for highest number of digital transactions in India in 2019?
5) ChennaiAnswer-3) Bengaluru
In accordance with the report by online payment processor Worldline India titled “Wordline India Digital Payments 2019”, Bengaluru (Karnataka) accounted for the highest number of digital transactions in India in 2019, followed by Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Mumbai and Pune in Maharashtra.
- As per the report by online payment processor Worldline India titled “Wordline India Digital Payments 2019”, Name the Indian state which topped the list of highest number of digital transactions?
2) West Bengal
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-4) Maharashtra
In accordance with the report by online payment processor Worldline India titled “Wordline India Digital Payments 2019”, Among states, Maharashtra (MH) has topped with the highest number of digital transactions. MH is followed by Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Delhi.
- As per the report by online payment processor Worldline India titled “Wordline India Digital Payments 2019”, The number of transactions recorded in United Payments Interface (UPI) in 2019 is ______ (in billions)?
5) 10.8Answer-5) 10.8
In accordance with the report by online payment processor Worldline India titled “Wordline India Digital Payments 2019”, The most preferred mode of payment was United Payments Interface (UPI). It is also the fastest payment mode to hit 1 billion monthly transactions. It has recorded around 10.8 billion transactions in 2019, a 188% year-on-year (YoY). In terms of value, UPI facilitated transactions worth Rs18.36 trillion in 2019, up 214% YoY compared to 2018.
- An International team of Astronomers have discovered biggest explosion in the universe since the Big Bang by using X-Ray and radio telescopes including India’s Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT). Name the journal which published this discovery.
1) International Journal of Astrobiology
2) Astrophysics and Space Science
3) Astroparticle Physics
4) The Astrophysical Journal
5) Journal of CosmologyAnswer-4) The Astrophysical Journal
An international team of Astronomers including from the Curtin University node of the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research in Perth, Australia, have discovered biggest explosion seen in the universe since the Big Bang by using X-Ray and radio telescopes, including India’s Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT) in Pune, Maharashtra. The Explosion is 5 times bigger than any explosion known so far. The discovery has been published in The Astrophysical Journal.
- The NASA funded Catalina Sky Survey’s (CSS) scientists has discovered the mini- moon or planet’s 2nd moon __________.
1) Dubbed 2020 CD1
2) Dubbed 2020 AC3
3) Dubbed 2020 AC4
4) Dubbed 2020 CD3
5) Dubbed 2020 AC5Answer-4) Dubbed 2020 CD3
The mini- moon or planet’s 2nd moon “Dubbed 2020 CD3” was discovered by Kacper Wierzchos and Teddy Pruyne of the NASA-funded Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) in Arizona, US.It is an asteroid about the size of the car & its diameter is about 1.9-3.5 metre.
- The National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) has announced to withdraw participation of Indian contingents from the Shooting World Cup tournament which is going to be held in Cyprus. What is the Capital & Currency of Cyprus?
1) Nicosia & Euro
2) Beirut & Pound
3) Beirut & Pound
4) Nicosia & Pound
5) Athens & PoundAnswer-1) Nicosia & Euro
The National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) announced that the Indian shotgun team has withdrawn from tournament in the Shooting World Cup in Nicosia, Cyprus which is scheduled to be from March 5 to 12 due to coronavirus outbreak. The capital and currency of Cyprus is Nicosia and Euro respectively.
- S Kathavarayan who passed away recently is a _________.
2) Freedom fighter
3) Theatre artist
5) MusicianAnswer-1) Politician
S Kathavarayan, DMK (Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam) MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly) from Gudiyatham constituency in Vellore district passed away at the age of 58 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Baidyanath Prasad Mahto who is in news recently (Feb 2020) is a Member of Parliament (MP) of which Indian state?
5) West BengalAnswer-3) Bihar
Baidyanath Prasad Mahto, Janata Dal (United) MP (Member of Parliament) from Bihar passed away in AIIMS hospital, New Delhi. Baidyanath Prasad Mahto was a JD(U) MP from Bihar’s Valmiki Nagar constituency as well as a Member of Indian Parliament to the 15th (2009) and 17th (2019) Lok Sabha.
- The Theme of Rare Disease Day (RDD) 2020 is “Rare is Many. Rare is Strong. Rare is Proud”. When was RDD observed in 2020?
1) February 28
2) February 19
3) March 3
4) January 31
5) February 29Answer-5) February 29
Rare Disease Day (RDD) is an observance held on the last day of February. This year marked the 13th observance of International Rare Disease Day, which was observed on February 29, 2020. The day creates an awareness of rare diseases and improves access to treatment and medical representation for individuals with rare diseases & their families. Slogan of RDD 2020: “Rare is Many. Rare is Strong. Rare is Proud”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)? Answer-Ajay Tyagi
Chairman of Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Ajay Tyagi gets a 6-month extension from the government, whose tenure of 3 years (from 2017) to end on February 29, 2020.
- Barauni thermal power station is located in which Indian state? Answer-Bihar
State-owned power major NTPC announced recently (Feb 28,2020) its 250 mw unit of Barauni Thermal Power Station in Bihar will start commercial operation from March 1.
- Where is the Headquarters of World Confederation of Productivity Science (WCPS) located at? Answer-Montreal, Canada
- Who is the present Controller General of Accounts (CGA) of India? Answer-Soma Roy Burman
- V.P. Singh Badnore is the Governor of which Indian state? Answer-Punjab
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]