AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs February 28 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Under which scheme,Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs approved the construction of another 5,60,695 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor during 43rd Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee meeting?
1) Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana(Urban)
2) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana(Urban)
3) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana(Urban)
4) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs approved the construction of another 5,60,695 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) at the 43rd Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee meeting. i. The cumulative number of houses sanctioned under PMAY(U) now is 79,04,674. ii. A total of 1,243 projects with a project cost of Rs 33,873 crore with central assistance of Rs 8,404 crore has been approved in the meeting held under the Chairmanship of Shri Durga Shankar Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Where did Civil Aviation Ministry Suresh Prabhu inaugurated the “Aviation Conclave 2019”?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On 27th February, 2019, Civil Aviation Ministry has organized “Aviation Conclave 2019” in association with Airport Authority of India (AAI), Airport Authority of India – Cargo Logistics & Allied Services Company Limited (AAICLAS) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- What was the theme of the Aviation Conclave 2019 held in New Delhi?
1) Theme –“Flying for all“
2) Theme –“Towards a Common Future“
3) Theme –“Rising India“
4) Theme –“Aerospace forecast pyramid“
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme –“Flying for all“
On 27th February, 2019, Civil Aviation Ministry has organized “Aviation Conclave 2019” in association with Airport Authority of India (AAI), Airport Authority of India – Cargo Logistics & Allied Services Company Limited (AAICLAS) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). The theme of the Aviation Conclave 2019 was “Flying for all”. During the ‘Aviation Conclave 2019’, Government of India has released the new rules which laid out passenger charter specifying rights of air travellers in case of delayed, cancelled or diverted flights and other issues.
- Where did Union Minister for Statistics and Programme Implementation, D V Sadananda Gowda inaugurated Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology(CIPET) centre?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Tripura
Union Minister for Statistics and Programme Implementation, D V Sadananda Gowda, inaugurated a centre of the Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET) at Bodhjungnagar in Tripura.The institute will produce 1500 skilled workers per annum. CIPET was established in 1968 by Government of India with the assistance of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) at Chennai. It is a premier national institution under the aegis of the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Govt. of India fully devoted to Skill Development, Technology Support Services, Academic and Research (STAR). The main objective of setting up of the institute was to develop manpower in different disciplines of Plastics Engineering & Technology as no similar institute was in existence in the country.
- Who inaugurated the ‘Titanwala Museum‘ which showcases the Chhipa community’s art of traditional hand-block printing at Bagru, Rajasthan?
1) Suresh Prabhu
2) Ram Nath Kovind
3) Narendra Modi
4) Smriti Irani
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Smriti Irani
Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated the ‘Titanwala Museum‘ which showcases the Chhipa community’s art of traditional hand-block printing at Bagru, Rajasthan.The initiative of setting up the museum was taken up by Suraj Narayan Titanwala, as an effort towards preserving the art of traditional Bagru block printing.The Museum will exhibit traditional tools and materials used in block making, historical wood blocks, raw materials for dyes and mordants, wide range of traditionally printed fabrics and the actual process of preparing the dyes, the act of dyeing, printing, washing and drying will also be showcased.
- Where did the Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan,inaugurated the first-ever, Nua Odisha – Dharmapada Samvaad – Skill Saathi Youth Conclave?
1) Varanasi.Uttar Pradesh
4) Vishakhapatnam,Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bhubaneshwar,Odisha
Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, inaugurated the first-ever, Nua Odisha – Dharmapada Samvaad – Skill Saathi Youth Conclave at Rail Auditorium in Bhubaneswar which was aired live across 427 locations in Odisha. He also interacted with youth at 5 remote locations, namely, Mayurbhaj, Sundergarh, Sambalpur, Koraput and Berhrampur, through video conference. ii. The following 5 young achievers from Odisha participated in the conclave and were also felicitated by Shri Dharmendra Pradhan: Shri Amarendra Sahu – Founder NestAway Flight Lieutenant Pallavi Mohapatra – Indian Air Force Shri Jogabyasa Bhoi – a mountaineer who has climbed the highest peaks of 5 continents Shri Chittaranjan Mohanty – Awardee of United Nations HiEERa (“heera”) award Shri Vishal Singh – Founder, Kaivalya Vichar Seva Samiti (KVSS) and Gram Samriddhi Trust. iii. The Skill Saathi initiative has mobilized and counselled over 1 lakh candidate in Odisha and over 10 lakh youth across India in the past 3 months.
- Which of the following Edition of India-Italy Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation (JCEC),held in New Delhi?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 20th
The 2-day long session of the 20th India-Italy Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation (JCEC) was held in New Delhi and co-chaired by the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Suresh Prabhu and the Deputy Minister of Economic Development (Italy), Mr. Michele Geraci. Both countries, through facilitating dialogue and enhancing cooperation in a wide range of sectors like machinery, infrastructure and engineering, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) including digitalization, agriculture and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), looked forward towards the development of bilateral economic and trade relations between them.The 19th Session of India-Italy JCEC was held in Rome in 2017.
- Where did the 16th edition of BioAsia 2019 -Asia’s largest biotechnology and life-sciences forum inaugurated?
1) Hyderabad, Telangana
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Hyderabad, Telangana
From 25th – 27th February 2019, the 16th edition of BioAsia 2019 -Asia’s largest biotechnology and life-sciences forum was conducted in Hyderabad, Telangana. It was inaugurated by the Governor of Telangana –E.S.L Narasimhan . A Vaccine Skilling Program was launched to rope in skilled professionals for the growth of the industry. ii. Genome Valley Excellence Award 2019was presented by the organising committee of BioAsia 2019. It was awarded to Dr. Don W Cleveland of the University of California. The award felicitates his work in cancer genetics. iii. ‘Life Sciences 4.0: transforming health care in India’ was launched by EY. The report discusses the disruptive impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0) on the health care ecosystem in India.
- What was the theme of the 16th edition of BioAsia 2019 held in Hyderabad, Telangana?
1) Theme – “Hindi Excellence on this Era of Innovation”
2) Theme – “Micro Irrigation and Modern Agriculture”
3) Theme – “Life Sciences 4.0 – Disrupt the Disruption”
4) Theme – “Shaping a New India”
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Theme – “Life Sciences 4.0 – Disrupt the Disruption”
From 25th – 27th February 2019, the 16th edition of BioAsia 2019 -Asia’s largest biotechnology and life-sciences forum was conducted in Hyderabad, Telangana. It was inaugurated by the Governor of Telangana –E.S.L Narasimhan .The theme of the conference was “Life Sciences 4.0 – Disrupt the Disruption”. BioAsia is an annual event organised by the Government of Telangana and it largely focuses on re-imagining healthcare after technological disruptions.
- Which State government launched the Parents Responsibility and Norms for Accountability and Monitoring (PRANAM) Commission for protection of parents of state government employees?
1) New Delhi
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Assam
Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched the Parents Responsibility and Norms for Accountability and Monitoring (PRANAM) Commission, a panel set up to look after the issues with respect to the PRANAM Bill brought in for protection of parents of state government employees at Guwahati, Assam. According to the Bill, if the PRANAM Commission gets a complaint that parents of a state government employee is being ignored, then 10% or 15% of the employee’s salary will be deducted by the government and paid to the parents or differently abled siblings.It is first-of its-kind Bill in India and would benefit 8 lakh parents of 4 lakh state government employees. It was approved by the state cabinet in 2018.Private companies’ employees and central government employees in Assam would also be covered by the Bill at a later stage.Chief commissioner V. B. Pyarelal and commissioners Dr Alaka Desai Sarma and Jugabala Buragohain of the PRANAM Commission were handed their appointment letters by the CM.
- Where did Union Minister for Earth Sciences, Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated new Permanent Campus of Centre for Marine Living Resources and Ecology (CMLRE)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Puthuvype,Kerala
The Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan unveiling the plaque to inaugurate Atal Bhavan, the new campus of Centre for Marine Living Resources and Ecology (CMLRE), at Puthuvype, Cochin, in Kerala
- According to the Global Nutrition Report,which country topped the index with 46.6 million stunted children?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India
UNICEF representative in India Yasmin Ali Haque lauded the contribution of Poshan Abhiyaan-a scheme by the central government in reduction of stunting, under-nutrition and anaemia in women and adolescents by providing monetary support via direct cash transfers. It was launched in 2017 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan.Quoting Haque, “Poshan Abhiyaan has got global recognition for its effort to eradicate malnutrition from India. Cash transfer is an additional support to the family income. The Poshan Abhiyaan is a massive step that realises the need for eradicating malnutrition”.The latest UNICEF report states that one-third of the population suffers from at least one kind of malnutrition and the number would increase tohalf by 2025.According to the National Family Health Survey (NFHS)-4, 2015-16, one-fifth of the total population has a BMI less than 18.5, while one-fourth males and half of the total females are anaemic.According to the latest Global Nutrition Report, India accounts for one- third stunting of the global population. India topped the list with 46.6 million stunted children, followed by Nigeria (13.9 million) and Pakistan (10.7 million). vi. India has 25.5 million wasted children, followed by Nigeria (3.4 million) and Indonesia (3.3 million).
- What is the rank of India in the “inclusive internet index 2019” prepared by the ‘Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) for Facebook?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 47th
India ranked 47th in the ‘Inclusive Internet Index 2019’ which is prepared by the ‘Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) for Facebook. The index was expanded to include 100 countries which will represent 94% of the world’s population and 96% of global GDP.Sweden topped the index whereas Singapore ranked 2nd and USA ranked 3rd. India maintained its previous year rank.According to the index, there are provable benefits from digital skill programmes, comprehensive female e-inclusion policies and targets for women and girls to study science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).The United Kingdom, Namibia and Ireland are top performers of the year.The percentage of households connected to the internet globally increased from 53.1% to 54.8 % but the rate of growth in Internet Connections slowed in 2019 to 2.9% from the 7.7% of 2018.
- Which of the following banks are removed from the PCA (Prompt Corrective Action) framework recently?
1) Corporation Bank, Allahabad Bank and Dhanlaxmi Bank
2) Corporation Bank,Dhanlaxmi Bank and Yes Bank
3) Allahabad Bank, Yes Bank and ICICI Bank
4) HDFC Bank,Union Bank of India and Indian Bank.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Corporation Bank, Allahabad Bank and Dhanlaxmi Bank
On 26th February 2019, the Board for Financial Supervision (BFS) of the Reserve Bank of India has removed 2 public sector banks- Corporation Bank and Allahabad Bank and 1 private sector bank – Dhanlaxmi Bank from PCA (Prompt Corrective Action) framework.According to BFS, Allahabad Bank and Corporation Bank had received Rs 6,896 crore and Rs 9,086 crore respectively which led to increase in their capital funds and also increased their loan loss provision. According to RBI, Dhanlaxmi bank was found to be not breaching any of the risk threshold of the PCA Framework, hence was removed out of the PCA Framework.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) and which of the following organization for the development of infrastructure for fuels, lubricating oil, LPG and Natural Gas?
1) Hindustan Petroleaum Corp. Ltd (HPCL)
2) Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation
3) Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd
4) Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) and Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) for development of infrastructure for fuels, lubricating oil, LPG, Natural Gas and any other related fuel and gas for meeting the requirement of National Waterways. Under the MoU, both the organisations jointly conduct techno-economic feasibility studies for preparation of detailed land requirement, storage facilities and other supporting infrastructure with details of the cost.IWAI will provide inputs and information pertaining to National Waterways and its terminals with IOCL for implementing projects. It will also provide land to IOCL on long term lease basis for developing facilities at existing terminals within the approved guidelines of land lease policy of the Government.
- Who won the 1st position in National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 award,presented by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi?
1) Mirulani from Kerala
2) Mamta Kumari from Bihar
3) Shweta Umre from Maharashtra
4) Anjanakshi M.S from Karnataka
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Shweta Umre from Maharashtra
The National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 awards were given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The festival was launched with a theme “Be the Voice of New India” and “Find solutions and contribute to policy” by Sports and youth affairs minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore on January 12 to encourage youth (18-25 years) to enagage with public issues.It was organised by National Service Scheme (NSS) in collaboration with Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.The winners from the national level competition are: 1stposition- Shweta Umre from Maharashtra 2ndposition- Anjanakshi M.S from Karnataka 3rdposition-Mamta Kumari from Bihar.
- Name the app launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during National Youth Parliament Festival 2019?
1) Khelo India App
2) MyGov App
3) UMANG App
4) Seva App
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Khelo India App
The “Khelo India” app, which has been developed by Sports Authority of India was also launched at the event. It provides services such as locating the sports facilities in the country, their availability, rules of the games and checking the fitness levels of users.
- Central Zone Power Distribution Company (CZPDC), Bhopal along with which of the following Distribution Company,honoured with the Saubhagya Award?
1) Damodar Valley Corporation,West Bengal
2) West Zone Power Distribution Company (WZPDC), Indore
3) Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam,Haryana
4) Chamundeshwari Electricity Supply Corporation,Karnataka
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) West Zone Power Distribution Company (WZPDC), Indore
The Central Zone Power Distribution Company (CZPDC), Bhopal and West Zone Power Distribution Company (WZPDC), Indore were conferred with the “Saubhagya Award” under Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana at the National Conference of Energy Ministers by the Union Minister of State for Energy, R.K. Singh.The award includes a cash prize of Rs 100 crore each.The CZPDC Bhopal is the first power distribution company in the India which has provided electricity to more than 7,85,000 houses and the WZPDC, Indore has done it for about 4,00,000 houses.The PM Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana- Saubhagya was implemented by the Central Government on 25th September, 2017, and intends to provide electricity to all Below Poverty Line (BPL) houses of rural and urban areas.
- Who was appointed as the Chairman of the National Book Trust (NBT)?
1) Jagdish Joshi
2) Subir Roy
3) Baldeo bhai Sharma
4) Govind Prasad Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Govind Prasad Sharma
On 26th February 2019, the autonomous organization under the Department of Higher Education, National Book Trust (NBT) appointed educationist and authorGovind Prasad Sharma as its new Chairman replacing Baldeo Sharma. Key Points Govind Prasad Sharma authored more than 6 academic books and several research papers. He also served as Vice Chairman of Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education.Mr. Sharma was born in 1939 and he had served as the Director of Madhya Pradesh Hindi Granth Academi and as the principal of Government PG College, Madhya Pradesh.
- Hemand Bhargava was appointed as the Non-Executive Chairman of which of the following bank?
1) Union Bank of India
2) IDBI Bank
3) Yes Bank
4) Indian Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) IDBI Bank
On 25th February 2019, IDBI Bank (Industrial Development Bank of India) appointed Hemand Bhargava as non-executive non wholetime Chairman for a period of 3 years or till he continues as the chairman-in-charge and MD of LIC (Life Insurance Corporation of India).Currently LIC is the majority shareholders in IDBI Bank with 51% stake. The Life Insurance has become the promoter of it after they acquired the stake from the Government of India.The name of the bank is proposed for a change by LIC to either LIC IDBI Bank or LIC Bank which was approved by the IDBI Bank board subject to a ‘no objection’ from RBI, shareholders and availability of name.
- Who was elected as the President of Nigeria for the second time?
1) Muhammadu Buhari
2) Ibrahim Babangida
3) Shehu Shagari
4) Abdulsalami Abubakar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Muhammadu Buhari
Muhammadu Buhari, who is a member of All Progressive Congress (APC) has defeated Atiku Abubakar with more than three million votes in the election to become the President of Africa’s most populous country – Nigeria for the second time.
- Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) headed by Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman approved the acquisition of defence equipment worth __________ Crore?
1) Rs.3000 Crore
2) Rs.2700 Crore
3) Rs.5000 Crore
4) Rs.1900 Crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs.2700 Crore
On 27th February 2019, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) headed by Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman approved the acquisition of defence equipment at cost of Rs 2700 crores. The following was approved: 3 Cadet Training ships for the Indian Navy to impart basic sea training for officer cadets and women officer trainees. These ships would perform hospital ship duties, providing humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, undertaking search and rescue (SAR) missions and non-combatant evacuation operations.
- Sanath Jayasuriya has been banned from all forms of cricket for 2 years after admitting breaching two counts of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code.He belongs to which of the following country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Srilanka
Former captain of Sri Lanka, Sanath Jayasuriya has been banned from all forms of cricket for 2 years after admitting breaching two counts of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code. He admitted to being in breach of the following provisions of the Code: Article 2.4.6 – Failure or refusal, without compelling justification, to cooperate with any investigation carried out by the ACU. Article 2.4.7 – Obstructing or delaying any investigation that may be carried out by the ACU, including concealing, tampering with or destroying any documentation or other information that may be relevant to that investigation and/or that may be evidence or may lead to the discovery of evidence of corrupt conduct under the Anti-Corruption Code.
- Who became the 2nd Indian to hit two consecutive T20 tons?
1) Unmukt Chand
2) Ishan Kishan
3) Virat Kohli
4) Rohit Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ishan Kishan
Jharkhand’s wicketkeeper-batsman Ishan Kishan has scripted history by becoming only the second Indian batsman after Unmukt Chand to smash back-to-back centuries in Twenty20s. The 20-year-old, who has been on a roll in the ongoing domestic tournament, achieved the feat after smashing a blistering knock of 113 off just 62 balls during his stateside Jharkhand’s clash against Manipur at Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament in Vijayawada.
- Which Country will host the 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Australia
The 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup is scheduled to be the seventh ICC Women’s T20 World Cup tournament.It is scheduled to be held in Australia between 21 February and 8 March 2020.The final will take place at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on International Women’s Day.
- When was the World NGO Day 2019 celebrated?
2) 26th February,2019
3) 27th February,2019
4) 28th February,2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 27th February,2019
On 27th February 2019, the human Right activists and all individuals celebrated world NGO Day 2019. It was officially recognized and declared by the 12 member countries of the IX Baltic Sea NGO Forum of the Council of the Baltic Sea States and first time marked by the rest of the world, UN, EU leaders and international organizations in 2014. The day is for NGOs around the globe to display the efforts and achievements of non-profit and non-governmental organizations from all sectors. It also plays a significant role and is appreciated around the world.NGO Day serves as an opportunity to discuss the issues that affect their work and form partnership through which they can resolve a mutual problem. It aims to inspire people to encourage and become more active to be involved within NGOs, private and public sector for the betterment of society.It provides an opportunity to honour and remember NGO founders, employees, volunteers, members and supporters all around the world.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Dhanka tribe belongs to which state?Answer – Rajasthan
- Who is the CEO of Allahabad Bank?Answer -CH. S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- What is the capital and currency of Italy?Answer – Capital – Rome;Currency – Euro
- Who is the Chairman of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)?Answer – Subhash Chandra Khuntia
- Where is the Bandipur Tiger Reserve And National Park located?Answer – Karnataka
This park is recently in news when there is 2,000 hectares of forest land were damaged in the fire. The devastating fire that broke out in the 87,000-hectare Bandipur Tiger Reserve and National Park in Karnataka on February 21 was finally put out on February 26 with the assistance of Indian Air Force helicopters.