AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Losar festival is celebrated in which Indian state?
2) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-2) Himachal Pradesh
Losar festival was celebrated at Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh. The festival is celebrated on the 1st day of the lunisolar Tibetan calendar also called Tibetan New Year. Losar is a festival in Tibetan Buddhism.
- The Union Home Ministry has amended the provisions on Arms Act and Arms rules to provide adequate firearms and ammunition to the shooters for their practice (Feb 2020). The Arms Act was passed on which year?
The Ministry of Home Affairs has amended the provisions of the Arms Act, 1959 and the Arms Rules, 2016 to provide adequate firearms and ammunition to the shooters for their practice. As per the provisions of the Arms (Amendment) Act, 2019, maximum number of firearms to be possessed by any person has been reduced from three to two. Those in possession of three fire arms have to surrender the excess gun by 13.12.2020.
- Name the 1st Indian state/UT which achieved 100% LPG coverage due to implementation of PMUY (Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana) scheme?
1) New Delhi
5) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-5) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh became the 1st state in the country to have 100% LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) coverage due to the implementation of PMUY (Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana) scheme. In addition to PMUY scheme, the state government aslo launched ‘Himachal Grihini Suvidha Yojana’ in May 2018 to cover the scheme to remaining households.
- The Union Home Minister Amit Shah had discussed with Maldivian home minister Sheikh Imran Abdulla, during his visit to India (Feb 2020). Who is the present president of Maldives?
1) Ashraf Ghani
2) Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
3) Bidhya Devi Bhandari
4) Abdul Hamid
5) Lotay Tshering
Answer-2) Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah held extensive discussions with Maldivian home minister Sheik Imran Abdulla during his 4-day visit to India from February 20 to 23, 2020 to strengthen the ties between 2 countries and discussed issues in the area of security & law enforcement cooperation, counter-terrorism, counter-radicalisation, drug trafficking. President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, Capital – Malé & Currency – Maldivian rufiyaa.
- To which Indian State/UT, NABARD has granted 400.64 crore under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) to boost the infrastructure (Feb 2020)?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
4) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-1) Jammu & Kashmir
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), an Apex Development Financial Institution in India, has granted a sum of Rs 400.64 crore to the Union Territory (UT) of Jammu and Kashmir(J&K). The amount has been sanctioned under its ‘Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) – Trench XXV’for boosting rural infrastructure during the current financial year-FY(2019-20).
- Name the Public sector bank , which joined hands with Microsoft to train differently abled people for the employment in Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) sector?
1) Indian Bank
2) IDBI Bank Ltd.
3) State Bank of India
4) Corporation Bank
5) IDBI Bank Ltd.
Answer-3) State Bank of India
Global tech giant Microsoft has collaborated with the State Bank of India (SBI) to train differently-abled people to find jobs in the banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sector. As a part of this partnership, 500 differently-abled youths will be trained in 1st year and SBI Foundation & Microsoft will develop an artificial intelligence powered market so that BFSI industry can connect more easily with differently-abled people for employment opportunities.
- Mahathir bin Mohamad, who is in the news recently (Feb 2020) belongs to which country?
2) South Korea
The world’s Oldest government leader Mahathir bin Mohamad (94) resigned as Malaysia’s Prime Minister (PM) on February 24,2020. His resignation has been accepted by Malaysia’s king Al-Sultan Abdullah of Pahang and also named him as the Interim prime minister of Malaysia until a successor is appointed.
- Abhay Kumar Singh has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC). The Headquarters of NHPC located at?
1) Kolkata, West Bengal
2) Faridabad, Haryana
3) Gurgaon, Haryana
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Answer-2) Faridabad, Haryana
Abhay Kumar Singh, 57 years old, was appointed as CMD (Chairman & Managing Director) of State-run hydro power giant NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation) till (August 31, 2022). He is the successor of Ratish Kumar. The Headquarters of NHPC is located in Faridabad, Haryana.
- Faure Gnassingbe has been re-elected as the president of ‘Togo’ for the 4th time (in Feb 2020). What is the capital of Togo?
The National electoral commission declared Faure Gnassingbe (The Union for the Republic party) as Togo’s (country in West Africa) president. He took 72% of votes in the first round of presidential election and was re-elected for a fourth term.He defeated Agbeyome Kodjo, who got only 18% of the votes. Final result to be announced by the Supreme Court. Capital – Lomé & Currency – West African CFA franc.
- Name the person who was awarded with ‘Lifetime Achievement Award” by ICAR- National Research Center for Banana at International Conference on Banana (ICB) 2020?
1) Tenith Adithyaa
2) S. Uma
3) P. Suresh Kumar
4) Dr N Kumar
5) R. Selvarajan
Answer-4) Dr N Kumar
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) Vice-Chancellor (VC) Dr N Kumar was awarded with ‘Lifetime Achievement Award” by ICAR- National Research Center for Banana, during the International Conference on Banana (ICB) 2020 held in Trichy, Tamil Nadu (TN).
- Which among the following Central Armed Police Forces have won the trophy for the best marching contingents at Republic Day Parade 2020 in New Delhi?
1) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
2) Border Security Force (BSF)
3) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
4) Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
5) National Security Guard (NSG)
Answer-3) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
Defense Minister Rajnath Singh presented trophies to the best marching contingents for Republic Day Parade 2020 at Delhi. The Indian Air Force contingent named as the best among the three services. The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is named as the best marching contingent in the Central Armed Police Forces and other additional forces category.
- Name the Organization, which organized the 3rd edition of Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards (CVA) 2019?
1) National Technical Honor Society
2) All India Council for Technical Education
3) National Board of Accreditation
4) Indian Society for Technical Education
5) Indian Society for Technical Education
Answer-2) All India Council for Technical Education
Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank presented 3rd edition of Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards (CVA) 2019 to 23 teams under 8 sub- categories during an ocassion in New Delhi. The award function was organised by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE) and Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Aayog also collaborated with AICTE for the Vishwakarma Awards 2019. Apart from CVA, 6 institutes were felicitated under the Utkrisht Santhan Vishwakarma Award (USVA).
- The International Conference on Banana (ICB) 2020 with the theme ‘Innovations in Sustainable Production and Value Chain Management in Banana’ held at?
1) Nagpur, Maharashtra
2) Cochin, Kerala
3) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
4) Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
5) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Answer-4) Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
The International Conference on Banana (ICB) 2020 with the theme ‘Innovations in Sustainable Production and Value Chain Management in Banana’ held in Trichy, Tamil Nadu (TN) between Feb 22-25, 2020.
- The Name Indian State, which ranked top in the 1st Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) payouts performance rating released by central government for 2019-20?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) West Bengal
According to the recent ratings regarding Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) payouts, prepared for the 1st time by the Central Government, Small state Haryana has emerged as the best state in DBT payouts (Rs.4782 crores in over 4 crore transactions) in 2019-20. Whereas, West Bengal has emerged as the worst performer in DBT payouts ranked 36th position.
DBT performance ranking 2019-20:
Rank State DBT payout 1 Haryana Rs.4782 crore 2 Uttarakhand Rs. 1060 cr 36 West Bengal Rs. 8793 cr
- As per the report titled “Transforming Nutrition in India: Poshan Abhiyan” released by NITI Aayog, Which Indian state performs better in implementation of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) scheme?
1) Madhya Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-3) Andhra Pradesh
The “Transforming Nutrition in India: Poshan Abhiyan”, is a 2nd progress report on Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment (POSHAN) Abhiyaan (Nutrition Mission) until September 2019, released by the NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog. The report ranked states & Union Territories to measure their readiness to execute the programme,
Top 3 states in Ranking:
Rank Large States (19) Small States (8) Union Territories (7) 1 Andhra Pradesh Mizoram Dadra and Nagar Haveli 2 Chhattisgarh Sikkim Chandigarh 3 Madhya Pradesh Nagaland Daman and Diu
- The Competition Commission of India approves the NTPC to acquire 100% of the issued & paid-up share capital of NEEPCO & 74.5% stake of THDC India under which section of Competition Act, 2002?
1) Section 29(1)
2) Section 30(1)
3) Section 31(1)
4) Section 32(1)
5) Section 33(1)
Answer-3) Section 31(1)
The Competition Commission of India(CCI) has given approval to state owned NTPC under Section 31(1) of the competition act,2002 to acquire 100% of the issued and paid-up share capital of North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO) & 74.5% stake of Tehri Hydro Development Corporation limited (THDC), the rest 25.5% stake to be held by Uttar Pradesh government.
- The Archaeology Professor, Anil Kumar Dubey and his team from Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has discovered 4,000-year-old crafts villages at which city of Uttar Pradesh?
The Banaras Hindu University(BHU) Department of Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology Professor, Anil Kumar Dubey and his team discovered a 4000-year-old urban settlement, which is mentioned as craft villages as per Ancient texts, in Babhaniyav village, Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
- Which Indian Ministry has launched the Webform ‘SPICe+’ to simplify and reduce the time for incorporation of companies in India?
1) Ministry of Finance
2) Ministry of Home Affairs
3) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
4) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
5) Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
Answer-3) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Shri Injeti Srinivas, Secretary of Ministry of Corporate Affairs inaugurated the SPICe+ web form(Simplified Proforma for Incorporating Company Electronically Plus) that replaces SPICe (Simplified Proforma for Incorporating Company Electronically) form. It would offer 10 services by 3 Central Govt Ministries & Departments (Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Labour & Department of Revenue in the Ministry of Finance) and One State Government (Maharashtra), thereby saving as many procedures, time and cost for Starting a Business in India and would be applicable for all new company incorporations.
- Name the Indian Institute, which developed the ‘Thirumathi Kart’ mobile application for promoting products developed by self-help groups (SHG)?
1) National Institute of Technology, Mizoram
2) National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya
3) National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh
4) National Institute of Technology, Silchar, Assam
5) National Institute of Technology, Tiruchi, Tamil Nadu
Answer-5) National Institute of Technology, Tiruchi, Tamil Nadu
An e-commerce mobile application called “Thirumathi Kart” developed by National Institute of Technology, Tiruchi (NIT-T) for promoting products developed by self-help groups (SHG), was launched in Tiruchi, Tamil Nadu (TN) at the inauguration ceremony of ‘Marketing strategies in the digital era: self-promotion of SHG products through Thirumathi Kart’ Programme.
- Name the Indian City which is going to host 2022 Commonwealth Archery and Shooting Championships?
5) New Delhi
The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) has approved the proposal from Commonwealth Games India (CGI) to host the 2022 Commonwealth Archery and Shooting Championships in Chandigarh, India to be held in January 2022, while the Birmingham Commonwealth Games is scheduled from July 27 to August 7, 2022.
- International Cricket Council (ICC) banned Yousuf Abdulrahim Al Balushi from cricket for 7 years due to fixing charges. Yousuf Abdulrahim Al Balushi plays for which country?
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has banned Oman player Yousuf Abdulrahim Al Balushi from all forms of cricket for 7 years, because he tried to fix a match and he accepted 4 charges of breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code.
- Name the Indian duo , who won the silver medal in World Tour Hungarian Open 2020 (Table Tennis) doubles category held at Budapest, Hungary?
1) Sharath Kamal & Antony Amalraj
2) Antony Amalraj & Manika Batra
3) Sharath Kamal & Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
4) Sharath Kamal & Manika Batra
5) Sathiyan Gnanasekaran & Manika Batra
Answer-3) Sharath Kamal & Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
The Indian pair of professional table tennis players,Achanta Sharath Kamal & Sathiyan Gnanasekaran have won the silver medal (lost to German pair in finals) of the doubles at the 2020 ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation ) World Tour Hungarian Open 2020 held at Budapest, Hungary from February 21- 23, 2020.
- Katherine Johnson, who passed away recently is a _________?
2) Hollywood Actor
5) Law maker
Famous NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson passed away at the age of 101 in Virginia, US. She was born on August 26, 1918, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, US. Her life was portrayed in the movie “Hidden Figures”. Katherine was awarded a “Presidential Medal of freedom” by former President Barack Obama in 2016.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Pakke Tiger reserve is located in which state?
A 692-km Highway road through the Pakke Reserve has been cleared recently.
- Malai Mahadeswara wildlife sanctuary is located in which state?
The Malai Mahadeshwara sanctuary will be renamed as Malai Mahadeshwara Hill Tiger Reserve (MMH TR) as per the request of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NCTA).
- Bandaru Dattatreya is the Governor of which Indian state?
- Who is the Chairman of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)?
Answer-Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
- What is the tagline of State Bank of India?
Answer-The Banker to Every Indian
- River Alaknanda & Bhagirathi is located in which Indian state?
The tripartite Memorandum of Understanding(Mou) was signed between the National Mission for Clean Ganga(NMCG), State Program Management Group-Uttarakhand (SPMG-UK) & Indorama Charitable Trust (ICT) at New Delhi to renovate Ghats at Badrinath (located in river Alaknanda) & Ghats & Crematoria at Gangotri (located in the river, Bhagirathi) in Uttarakhand. The total cost of the project is 26.64 Crore.
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]