Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 22 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 February
- The Union Cabinet on February 22, 2017 approved the capacity enhancement under Scheme for Development of Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects from 20,000 MW to 40,000 MW. What is the total financial assistance by central government under the revised scheme?
Answer – B.Rs.8100 crore
The Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) okayed revised norms for the Scheme for Development of Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects with the production target enhancement to 40,000 MW from the present 20,000 MW. The Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects will be set up by 2019-20 with Central Government financial support of Rs.8100 crore. The enhanced target capacity would ensure development of at least 50 solar parks each with a capacity of 500 MW and above in various parts of the country. In the recent development smaller parks in Himalayan and other hilly States where contiguous land may be difficult to acquire in view of the difficult terrain, will also be considered under the scheme.
- The Gujarat government presented the state budget for the year 2017-18 on February 21, 2017 with a total layout of Rs. _______ crore.
A.Rs. 1,92,122 crore
B.Rs. 2,19,750 crore
C.Rs. 1,50,251 crore
D.Rs. 1,72,179 crore
Answer – D.Rs. 1,72,179 crore
The BJP Administration in Gujarat presented a main stream budget with overall layout of Rs 1,72,179 crore for 2017-18, which is Rs 20,327 crore more than last year. This budget comes ahead of Poll is due in the state this year that comes with a slew of welfare initiatives and no new taxes. While Presenting Budget Finance Minister Nitin Patel in the Assembly the minister stated that the state has overall surplus of Rs 239.16 crore while the revenue surplus is estimated at Rs 6,065.60 crore.
- With which country India approved signing an MoU on February 22, 2017 for promotion and development of cooperation in civil aviation security?
Answer – C.Australia
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Australia for promotion and development of cooperation in civil aviation security. The MoU will provide an opportunity to Indian aviation security authorities to share the expertise of their Australian counterparts and enhance the overall aviation security environment in India. This MoU will additionally enhance the compliance of international obligation and promotion in the area of security cooperation between the sides.
- The National Biodiversity Congress (NBC) 2017 was held in which state?
Answer – A.Kerala
The third National Biodiversity Congress (NBC) 2017 held Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala on February 22, 2017. Aim: To identify practical evidence based case studies at regional level to support the plan of action. Theme: “Mainstreaming Biodiversity for Sustainable Development” with four sub-themes. This year event is comprises of programmes including conference, exhibition, capacity building workshops and Childrens Biodiversity Congress.
- The Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs has on February 22, 2017 approved an investment proposal for generation component of Arun-3 HEP (900 MW) in which country?
Answer – A.Nepal
The Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved investment proposal for generation component of 900 MW Arun-3 Hydro Electric Project in Nepal by state owned SJVN Limited for an estimated cost of Rs. 5723.72 crore. The project culminated as Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the government of Nepal located in the Sankhuwasabha District. SJVN has been entrusted to plan, promote, organize & execute the Arun-3 Hydro-electric Project.
- The central government has set the target to bring high-speed digital connectivity to every village by which year?
Answer – D.2018
Union government aims to bring high-speed digital connectivity to every village by 2018 and is profound to share proficiency in the area with other nations. Union Department of Telecom, under the Universal Services Obligation (USO) fund, is working to bring high speed broadband to every village in the country by 2018. The Centre is working to bring the game changing impact of technology to all our six lakh villages and the optical fibre network to all rural areas.
- The India-China Strategic Dialogue was held in which city on February 22, 2017 to boost bilateral ties and resolve differences?
Answer – B.Beijing
Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar attended the first India-China Strategic Dialogue to be held in Beijing to reinforce bilateral ties amid hectic meetings to resolve differences over Beijing’s reluctance to support India’s NSG bid as well as a UN ban on JeM chief Masood Azhar. The two sides discussed all issues of mutual concern and interest including friction point and expressed strong commitment to develop positive relations despite differences. Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar along with China’s Executive Vice Foreign Minister Zhang Yesui held the strategic dialogue and also held talks with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
- As per rating agency ICRA, the GDP growth of India in December quarter of 2016 is estimated to decline to ______ percent from 7.2 percent last year.
Answer – C.6.5 percent
Gurgaon based Domestic rating agency ICRA reported that the gross value added (GVA) is set to slip to 6.2 per cent in the third quarter from 6.9 per cent and GDP growth will decline to 6.5 per cent from 7.2 per cent. Services sector is expected to ease to 8 per cent from 9.1 per cent in line with moderation in fuel demand following the note ban. Industrial growth is set to more than halve to 4 per cent from 8.6 per cent, led by manufacturing, construction and mining and quarrying. The annual growth of systemic deposits improved to 15.2 per cent as of December 23, 2016 from 10.2 per cent.
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has recently signed an MoU with which other bank to provide concessional finance to micro and small enterprises (MSEs)?
Answer – D.Vijaya Bank
Lucknow based Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bengaluru based Vijaya Bank for providing concessional finance to micro and small enterprises (MSEs). Aim: To promote and strengthen the units in the MSE segment. The MoU also expect joint financing/co-financing of MSMEs for meeting capital expenditure under the ‘SIDBI Make in India Soft Loan Fund for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises’ scheme at concessional rate of 9.60 per cent, along with working capital from Vijaya Bank.
- Which micro-finance institution has launched an instant microloan approval facility on February 22, 2017?
A.Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd
B.Suryoday Micro Finance Pvt Ltd
C.Bandhan Financial Services Pvt Ltd
D.Utkarsh Micro Finance Pvt Ltd
Answer – A.Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd
Hyderabad based non-banking finance company Microfinance institution Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd launched an instant loan approval at a village near Bassi in Jaipur district, Rajasthan. The objective of this initiative is to help rural areas embrace cashless transactions. The loan amount will be deposited directly to the loanees bank account. The loan facility based on a three-step verification process of Aadhar-based eKYC, credit bureau authentication and eSign and non collateral loans up to Rs 60,000 for one year to rural women. It will be rolled out by June 2017 in all microfinance companys nationwide network with several being in Rajasthan, Bihar and Delhi.
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization has introduced a ______ page composite claim form to enable its subscribers to withdraw money from the PF account easily.
Answer – C.One
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), the retirement body of India introduced single page composite claim form that enable its subscribers to withdraw money from their PF account at an ease. Upon this introduction subscribers are not required to file other relevant documents adhering to the new rules released by EPFO as earlier, employees/ subscribers were supposed to ll and submit three different forms to EPFO for withdrawing provident fund for dierent purposes. The form does not require employers’ attestation, but the facility can be availed only for those subscribers whose Aadhaar number and bank account details are seeded with their Universal Account Number (UAN).
- Which organization has signed an MoU with the IoT Acceleration Consortium (ITAC) of Japan on February 22, 2017 for faster adoption of IoT across industry?
A.National Resource Centre for Free/Open Source Software
B.National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
C.Centre for Internet and Society (India)
D.Data Security Council of India
Answer – B.National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with the IoT Acceleration Consortium (ITAC) Japan on February 22, 2017. Aim: To collaborate to address digital technology shifts and accelerate IoT (Internet of Things) adoption at a global level across the industry. NASSCOM and ITAC will exchange statistics and dynamic practices related to the respective IoT industries and will look at facilitating exchange programs for association members. Both the organisations will share information on the ecosystem, new practices and technological developments.
- Indian food-products corporation Britannia has inked a Joint Venture agreement with food major of which country on February 22, 2017?
A.Bakers Delight, Australia
B.Smithfield Foods, USA
C.Fonterra Dairy, New Zealand
Answer – D.Chipita, Greece
Bangalore based Indian food-products corporation Britannia has signed an MoU with Greece’s cakes and confectionery major Chipita for exploring certain business opportunities on February 22, 2017. This is the first joint venture after Britania’s tie-up with New Zealand’s Fonterra Dairy and and dairy giant Groupe Danone SA dissolved in 2009
- The Oricon Enterprises Ltd has planned to build a new manufacturing facility for packaging products in Odisha at an investment of Rs ___________ crores.
Answer – C.Rs.100 crore
Oricon Enterprises Ltd (OEL) is planned to build a manufacturing facility in Odisha with an investments of Rs 100 crores. This facility will be used to manufacture new packaging products. Oricon Enterprises Ltd is the flagship company of Parijat Enterprises has interests in Real Estate, Marine Logistics, Packaging, Petrochemicals and Automobile Dealership.
- Russia’s ambassador to the United Nations __________ died in New York City on February 20, 2017 at the age of 64.
Answer – B.Vitaly Churkin
Russia’s ambassador to the United Nations, Vitaly Churkin has died in New York City. He was 64. Churkin has been Russia’s envoy at the United Nations for a little over a decade and was considered Moscow’s great champion at the UN. He had served as foreign ministry spokesman in the early 1990s and as special envoy to the former Yugoslavia.
- Who has been appointed as the first Vice President of Azerbaijan on February 21, 2017?
Answer – A.Mehriban Aliyeva
Azerbaijan’s president Ilham Aliyev has named his wife Mehriban Aliyeva(52) as Azerbaijan’s first vice-president on February 21, 2017. Prior to this, Aliyeva has served previously as a lawmaker and headed a charity. She become the country’s first powerful lady and second most powerful person in Azerbaijan.
- Name the chief executive officer of FreeCharge who resigned from the post on February 22, 2017?
Answer – D.Govind Rajan
The chief executive officer of Jasper Infotech-owned digital payments platform FreeCharge, Govind Rajan has submitted his resigned. It was accepted by the company on February 22, 2017. Snapdeal’s chief strategy and investment officer, Jason Kothari will oversee the business operations of FreeCharge.
- What is the name of the e-billing solution launched by Airports Authority of India along with International Air Transport Association for airport operators and air navigation services providers across the world?
Answer – C.SKYREV360
The state run Airports Authority of India, along with International Air Transport Association (IATA) launched its e-billing solution for airport operators and air navigation services providers across the world. The e-billing solution, SKYREV360 developed by in-house experts the electronic billing solution for data, e-invoicing and collection of tariff from the airlines is being used by the AAI for several years now. The solution launched by Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapthi Raju, comprises data gathering, invoicing and collection. This solution will also help in the reduction in disputes, easy integration with all external systems and curtailing the debt collection period to the minimum.
- India defeated which country to win the finals of the ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2017on February 21, 2017?
Answer – A.South Africa
Indian Women’s team pipped South African Women’s by one wicket in a crunch Women’s cricket World Cup qualifier final at the P. Sara Oval in Colombo after All round show from Harmanpreet Kaur that helped the side to deliver the victory. South elected to bat first after winning the toss notably Mignon du Preez (40), Lizelle Lee (37), skipper Dane Van Niekerk (37)scored to post decent 244 in 49.4 overs.
- With the help of which rocket, Russia launched the Progress 66 cargo ship toward the International Space Station on a mission to deliver fresh supplies?
C.Long March 5
Answer – A.Soyuz-U
Russia successfully launched an unmanned spacecraft taking food and equipment to the International Space Station after the previous such ship crashed to Earth shortly after launch in December. A Soyuz-U booster rocket carrying the Progress cargo ship MS-05 spacecraft blasted off as scheduled from the Russian-leased Baikonur launch complex in Kazakhstan. Russia’s launch went ahead without a snag and the spacecraft go into a designated primary orbit en route to the space outpost.
- Who is the author of The People’s Maharaja, a biography of Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh?
Answer – B.Khushwant Singh
Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh’s biography, ‘The People’s Maharaja‘, written by Khushwant Singh was released on February 21, 2017 in Chandigarh. Captain Amarinder Singh is an Indian politician of the Indian National Congress. He was Chief Minister of Punjab from 2002 to 2007.Presently, he is the sitting President of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee (PPCC). He was also the Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the 16th Lok Sabha till 2016.
- V. K. Srinivasan who passed away on February 20, 2017 was a noted __________.
Noted economist, bureaucrat, columnist and director of the Institute of Economic Studies, V. K. Srinivasan was passed away in Hyderabad. He was 76. Srinivasan is a 1963-batch IAS officer, he was known for his outspokenness, and had played in league division in Cricket in Chennai, the then Madras State. He served as Collector of Karimnagar and Anantapur districts and also served in Ministry of Finance
- Which sportswear brand has tied up with FIFA U-17 World Cup as the exclusive performance partner for the Mission XI Million programme?
Answer – C.Adidas
German Sportswear giant Adidas announced its ties up with FIFA U-17 World Cup Local Organising Committee for the Mission XI Million programme. Adidas will help to reach out to the youth across India to increase participation in football and create a platform for them to develop their skills.It will conduct exclusive master-classes for the participants at the Mission XI Million festivals, featuring a 360 degree approach to improve their skills in the sport.
- Which country will host the Combined World Cup for Shooting in 2019?
Answer – B.India
The National Rifle Association of India(NRAI) announced that India will be hosting the Combined World Cup for shooting in 2019 during the meeting held in New Delhi. Combined World Cup will a qualifying event for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. It will comprises all the three categories — shotgun, rifle and pistol.
- As per data by NITI Aayog on February 21, 2017, Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) saw a record download of over ________ million since its launch.
Answer – A.17 million
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM), a mobile app pushed by the government to make digital payments a mass movement in India, has seen a world record downloads of over 17 million installs. The Centre will also soon roll out a cash-back scheme to give a further boost to the use of BHIM. App allows the user to instantly transfer money between the bank accounts of any two parties
- Who has been appointed as the Whole Time Member of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) on February 22, 2017?
C.M V Nair
Answer – D.Suman Saxena
Ms. Suman Saxena took charge as the Whole Time Member, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) on February 22, 2017. Ms Saxena will look after Research and Regulation Wing comprising Corporate Insolvency, Corporate Liquidation, Individual Insolvency, Individual Bankruptcy, Research and Publications, Data Management and Dissemination and Advocacy. She will also look after National Insolvency Programme, Continuing Professional Programme, and Knowledge Management and Partnership.