AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 & 3 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The 34th edition of Surajkund International Crafts mela was Inaugrated by President Ram Nath Govind in February 2020 (Feb 1-16, 2020). The Surajkund International Crafts mela the largest crafts fair in the world was conducted in which Indian State?
2) New Delhi
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) GoaAnswer-3) Haryana
President of India Shri. Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 34th edition of Surajkund International Crafts Mela in Haryana. Surajkund International Crafts Mela the Largest crafts fair in the world will be held every year at Surajkund in Faridabad district, Haryana.
- Which Indian State has been chosen as ‘theme state’ in 34th edition of Surajkund International Crafts mela 2020?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-5) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is the ‘Theme State’ of the 34th Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2020, which is showcasing its unique culture and rich heritage through various art forms and handicrafts from the state. There is also a replica of Also a replica of ‘Bhima Kali Temple’ and the already existing ‘Maheshwar Devta Temple’, promises to be the main attraction of this year’s Mela.
- Which country has banned the export of N95 masks and all kinds of protective equipment’s (February 2020) with immediate effect to avoid the increasing demand of the products (due to outbreak of nCoV)?
2) United States of America
5) GermanyAnswer-4) India
On February 01, 2020 Export of all kinds of personal protection equipment, like clothing and masks for protecting people from airborne particles including coveralls and N95 masks were banned by India with immediate effect. The move has been taken assuming that there could be a growing demand for such products due to the recent outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (nCoV).
- The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) along with Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) have launched Clean Air Project (CAP) in which Indian city/cities?
5) All of the AboveAnswer-5) All of the Above
In order to improve air quality, TERI along with Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) have launched Clean Air Project (CAP) in 4 Indian cities namely, Uttar Pradesh’s (UP) Lucknow and Kanpur and Maharashtra’s Pune and Nashik. This move will support the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) which aims to reduce the PM (particulate matter) 2.5 and PM 10 concentrations by 20-30 % by 2024. NCAP was launched by Environment Ministry in January 2019.
- In the 3 day Narmada Mahotsav celebrated (Jan1-Feb3, 2020), one day is reserved for theme ‘Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao’. The Narmada Mahotsav was held at?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) ChhattisgarhAnswer-3) Madhya Pradesh
In Madhya Pradesh (MP), Bhopal, 3-day Narmada Mahotsav was celebrated on 31st January to 2nd February 2020, on the plains of Amarkantak, MP, on the occasion of Narmada Jayanthi. Among 3 days of celebration one day will be reserved for all women activities under the theme of “Beti Bachao- Beti Padhao”
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) provides Rs. 5000 to for the loss of wages of working women ensuring proper rest and nutrition during pregnancy or after delivery of the first child in how many installments?
1) 1 installment
2) 2 installments
3) 3 installments
4) 4 installments
5) 5 installmentsAnswer-3) 3 Installments
The aim of the scheme Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) is to provide incentives of Rs. 5,000 for the loss of wages of working women while ensuring proper rest and nutrition during pregnancy or after delivery of the first living child. The incentive will be sent to the bank account directly through Direct Benefit Transfer(DBT). The incentive of Rs 5000 is given in 3 installments – Rs. 1000 after early registration of pregnancy, Rs. 2000 after 6 month of pregnancy and Rs. 2000 after registration of child birth.
- Which Indian State banned online lottery scheme in January 2020 to check illegal sale of online lottery?
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) KeralaAnswer-3) Punjab
The government of Punjab has banned the sale of all types of online lottery schemes under section 5 of the Lotteries (Regulation) Act 1998 in order to check for illegal sales. The act will not only check illegal lottery business but will also boost Punjab’s tax and non-tax revenue.
- Maldives Readmitted/joined again with the Commonwealth Nations in 2020. The Number of countries in Commonwealth family as on February 2020 is?
5) 54Answer-5) 54
The Maldives became the 54th family member of the Commonwealth family. Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, President of the Maldives announced that Maldives has once again become a member of the Commonwealth family after the meeting between Abdullah Shahid, Foreign Minister of Maldives & Patricia Scotland, Secretary General of the Commonwealth.
- Who is the world’s 1st deaf person to row across Atlantic Ocean?
1) Mo O’Brien
3) Curtis Saville
4) Byrce Carlson
5) Chris MartinAnswer-1) Mo O’Brien
60-year-old pharmacy worker Mo O’Brien has become the first deaf person on record to row across the Atlantic Ocean by finishing a 3,000-mile journey, with her daughter Bird Watts, and their friend Claire Allinson and reached finish line.
- According to Comptroller General of Accounts’ (CGA) data, the fiscal deficit reached ____ in December 2019 which exceeds the full fiscal deficit target of FY20?
5) 136.6%Answer-3) 132.4%
According to the data released by the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), the fiscal deficit reached 132.4 % of the full fiscal target in December 2019 itself due to the slow pace of revenue collection in the current financial year-FY 2019-2020. Fiscal Deficit the difference between expenses & receipts stood at Rs 9,31,725 crores.
- As per Economic Survey released by Chief Economic Advisor Krishnamurthy Subramanian, the economic growth of the country for FY21 estimated as?
1) 4.5 – 5 %
2) 5 – 5.5 %
3) 5.5 – 6 %
4) 6 – 6.5 %
5) 6.5 – 7 %Answer-4) 6- 6.5 %
The Economic Survey projects the country’s economic growth rate to be 6-6.5 % during the financial year 2020-21. At the same time, GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth can be 5 % in the financial year 2019-20, which will be the slowest growth rate in the last 11 years.
- According to National Statistics Office’s (NSO) 1st revised estimate the Net National Income at current prices in 2019-19 is?
1) 139.81 Lakh Crore
2) 131.75 Lakh Crore
3) 151.50 Lakh Crore
4) 167.89 Lakh Crore
5) 175.41 Lakh CroreAnswer-4) 167.89 Lakh Crore
According to NSO’s 1st revised estimate Net national income at current prices stood at Rs 167.89 lakh crore in 2018-19, up from Rs 151.50 lakh crore in 2017-18. Thus it grew by 10.8 % in 2018-19, from 11.2 % in the previous financial year. NSO also revised the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast to 6.1% from 6.8% earlier.
- India signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) worth of $2.49 Million to establish Addu Tourism Zone with which Country?
1) Sri Lanka
5) ItalyAnswer-4) Maldives
India & Maldives signed 5 MoUs (memorandum of understanding) to establish Addu tourism Zone on 5 islands of Addu Atoll in Maldives with a project cost of $2.49 million an MoU to set up a bottled water plant at Hoarafushi, an inhabited island in Maldives was also signed.
- Which nation has appointed Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi as their New Prime Minister in February 2020 he succeeds Adil Abdul-Mahdi?
5) QatarAnswer-2) Iraq
On 3 February, 2020 Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi, 65 years old, was appointed as the Iraq’s new Prime Minister (PM) by its President Barhim Salih. He was the successor of Adil Abdul-Mahdi who resigned in November 2019 due to anti-government protests.
- Who among the following has been appointed as Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) members by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in January 2020?
1) Madan Lal
2) Rudra Pratap Singh
3) Sulakshana Naik
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All of 1) and 2) and 3)Answer-5) All of 1) and 2) and 3)
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced the appointment of its 3-member Cricket Advisory Committee(CAC). The committee comprises Madan Lal, Rudra Pratap Singh and Sulakshana Naik and the term of appointment is 1 year.
- To Which Nation Ministry of External Affairs has appointed Gopal Baglay as India’s next High commissioner replacing Taranjit Sandhu?
2) United Kingdom
3) Sri Lanka
4) United States
5) New ZealandAnswer-3) Sri Lanka
Ministry of External Affairs has announced Experienced Diplomat Shri Gopal Baglay, a 1992 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, has been appointed as the Next High Commissioner of India to The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka. Baglay will replace Taranjit Sandhu, who has been appointed as Indian Ambassador to U.S.
- Who has been elected as President of Paralympic committee of India (February 2020)?
1) Deepa Malik
2) Mariyappan Thangavelu
3) Devendra Jhajharia
4) Gursharan Singh
5) Shashi Ranjan Prasad SinghAnswer-1) Deepa Malik
India’s lone woman Paralympic medalist Deepa Malik, from Haryana, was elected as President of the Paralympic Committee of India. He was the successor of the acting interim president Gursharan Singh.
- Pramod Agarwal has become chairman & Managing director (MD) of which Indian Maharatna Company (February 2020) replacing Anil Kumar Jha?
1) Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL)
2) Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL)
3) Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
4) Coal India (CIL)
5) National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)Answer-4) Coal India (CIL)
Pramod Agrawal became the new Chairman & Managing Director (MD) of Coal India Limited (CIL). He was the successor of Anil Kumar Jha who retired on 31st January 2020.
- Which Indian City and State won the 1st position in implementation of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) in February 2020?
1) Hyderabad & Telangana
2) Chennai & Tamil Nadu
3) Ahmedabad & Gujarat
4) Indore & Madhya Pradesh
5) Bhubaneswar & OdishaAnswer-4) Indore & Madhya Pradesh
Union Minister of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) Smt Smriti Zubin Irani presented the award for Best Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) to State Madhya Pradesh and also Indore, MP got the award for better Performance in PMMVY.
- Which Company chosen as Most promising Brand (Gold Category) 2019 in 7th MSME excellence award in New Delhi Organized by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)?
1) Amulya Mica
2) Apollo Pumps Pvt Ltd
4) Colors N Craft
5) Bright IndustriesAnswer-1) Amulya Mica
Amulya Mica (Purbanchal Laminates Pvt Ltd), spear-headed by its Managing Director Rakesh Agarwal, was chosen as the Most Promising Brand of the Year Award 2019, Gold Category during the 7th edition of the MSME Excellence Award. The award & summit was organized by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) at Le Maiden in New Delhi.
- Which Indian Organization organized the World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2020 held at New Delhi Inaugurated by Prakash Javadekar?
1) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
2) Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP)
3) The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
4) World Wide Fund for Nature – India (WWF)
5) Indian Council for Forest Research Foundation (ICFRF)Answer-3) The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
Shri Prakash Javadekar, the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) was inaugurated a 3-day long World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2020. The summit was organized by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) a research institute specializes in the fields of energy.
- What is the Theme for World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2020 held at New Delhi?
1) Theme: “Towards 2020 Goals: Making the Count”
2) Theme: “Towards 2025 Goals: Making it Count”
3) Theme: “Towards 2030 Goals: Making the Decade Count”
4) Theme: “Towards 2030 SDG Goals: Making the Decade Count”
5) Theme: “Towards 2030 Goals: Making The World Sustainable”Answer-3) Theme: “Towards 2030 Goals: Making the Decade Count”
World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2020 based on the theme “Towards 2030 Goals: Making the Decade Count” at India Habitat Centre in New Delhi.
- Who released the report ‘Towards a Low Carbon Steel Sector: Overview of the Changing Market, Technology, and Policy Context for Indian Steel’ at World Sustainable Development Summit 2020?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Rajnath Singh
3) Faggan Singh Kulaste
4) Dharmendra Pradhan
5) Ravi Shankar PrasadAnswer-4) Dharmendra Pradhan
Dharmendra Pradhan the Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel has released the TERI’s report ‘Towards a Low Carbon Steel Sector: Overview of the Changing Market, Technology, and Policy Context for Indian Steel’. The report was prepared by the Energy Transitions Commission (ETC) India, which is a research platform based in TERI in New Delhi. As per TERI’s report India’s growing steel demand to increase carbon emissions by 600 MT.
- The EDGE 2020 Conclave related to?
5) EnvironmentAnswer-3) Space
ISRO has also announced in public at a 2-day space conclave named EDGE 2020, that it has built up the capacity to manufacture such launch vehicles in a turnaround time of around three weeks
- The theme for the 2020 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), for Commonwealth Day is” Delivering a Common Future: Connecting, Innovating, Transforming”. The CHOGM 2020 will held at?
1) Accra, Ghana
2) Nairobi, Kenya
3) Kigali, Rwanda
4) Victoria, Seychelles
5) Canberra, AustraliaAnswer-3) Kigali, Rwanda
Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) 2020 will be held at Kigali, Rwanda between June 22 to June 28, 2020 with the theme of” Delivering a Common Future: Connecting, Innovating, Transforming”.
- According to the recently released Counterpoint Research’s Market Monitor service report (January 2020), The Rank of India among smartphone market of the world is?
5) 5Answer-2) 2
According to the recently released Counterpoint Research’s Market Monitor service report, India surpassed the United States(US) for the first time to become the 2nd largest smartphone market in the world and the list was topped by China. India recorded 158 million shipments in 2019 with 7% year-on-year growth which was mainly due to Chinese smartphone brands that were introduced.
- As per the report released by Counterpoint Research’s Market Monitor in Jan 2020, which smartphone brand topped the smartphone market?
5) RealmeAnswer-1) Xiaomi
Chinese smartphone company Xiaomi topped the smartphone market for the second consecutive year with 28% market share. Xiaomi was followed by South Korean brand Samsung in the 2nd place with 21% market share. Some of the fastest growing brands include Chinese smartphone brand Vivo at 16% with 76% year on year growth. Realme at 10% recorded 255% growth while Oppo at 9% recorded 28% year on year growth.
- Indian Navy conducted 5-day coastal security exercise ‘Matla Abhiyaan’ (January 2020) in which Indian state?
2) West Bengal
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) MaharastraAnswer-2) West Bengal
Indian Navy, the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces, has carried out a 5-day long coastal security exercise called, ‘Matla Abhiyaan’ at Sunderbans region in Kolkata, West Bengal. The exercise, named after Matla River, witnessed the 2 naval boats Flagged in’ at the ‘Man of War Jetty’ & carrying out a passage from Kolkata to Hemnagar (Both in West Bengal) via the international trade protocol route between India-Bangladesh.
- ISRO has announced the preparation of low cost launch vehicles which is expected to be launched in next four months of 2020. The Cost of launch vehicles ranges?
1) 10-15 Crores
2) 14-20 Crores
3) 20-25 Crores
4) 25-30 Crores
5) 30-35 CroresAnswer-5) 30-35 Crores
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has announced preparing low-cost launch vehicles where the first launch is expected to take place in the next four months in 2020. The cost of the launch vehicles ranges from Rs. 30-35 crores each and weighs 500kgs.
- Which space agency decommissioned its Spitzer Space Telescope after 16 years (Jan 2020)?
1) The National Centre for Space Studies (CNES)
2) European Space Agency (ESA)
3) The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
4) The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
5) The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)Answer-4) The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
On January 31, 2020 the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has decommissioned its Spitzer Space Telescope. The telescope which was used to study the universe by detecting cosmic infrared radiation for more than 16 years was first launched in 2003.
- The 36th edition of National Games going to held Panaji, Goa (20th October,2020 to 4th November, 2020). The State bird of Goa is the official Mascot for the event. Which is the State bird of Goa?
1) White-winged wood duck
2) Flame-throated bulbul
3) Yellow-footed green pigeon
4) Green imperial pigeon
5) Black-necked craneAnswer-2) Flame-Throated Bulbul
The Flame-Throated Bulbul or Rubigula bird the state bird for Goa, which is officially declared as the Mascot for the 36th National Games going to held in Panaji, Goa. It will be hosting the 36th National Games from 20th October,2020 to 4th November, 2020 there will be 37 sports events across 24 venues for the event. The next edition (37th) Edition of National Games is going to held in Chhattisgarh.
- National Anti-doping Agency (NADA) banned Weightlifter Ramshad AR for 2years along with Ravinder Kumar for 4years. The Ravinder Kumar related to which sport?
5) RowingAnswer-4) Wrestling
The National Anti-Doping Agency(NADA) banned Indian weightlifter Ramshad AR for a period of 2 years after he was found guilty of violating the anti-doping rule. Similarly, Indian wrestler Ravinder Kumar was banned for a 4-year period by NADA for failing the dope test.
- Who won the 108th edition of Australian Open (AO) held at Rod Laver Arena between 20 Jan – 2Feb, 2020 in Men’s singles Category?
1) Dominic Thiem (Austria)
2) Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
3) Roger Federer (Switzerland)
4) Rafael Nadal (Spain)
5) Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland)Answer-2) Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
Serbia’s Novak Djokovic claimed his 17th Grand Slam title & a record 8th Men’s singles title in Australian Open 2020 in Melbourne.
- Women’s singles Champion of 108th edition of Australian Open (AO) Sofia Kenin belong to which country?
5) SpainAnswer-3) U.S.A
America’s 21-year-old Women’s Singles champion Sofia Kenin becomes the youngest Australian Open finalist in 12 years. Her victory follows the 2008 victory of Maria Sharapova, who was 20 when she won.
- India is the 1st cricket team to win a 5 match T20I series by 5-0. India achieved this feat against which cricketing nation?
2) Sri Lanka
3) West Indies
4) New Zealand
5) BangladeshAnswer-4) New Zealand
India became 1st team to win a 5 match T20I series for 5-0 against New Zealand. It was the first time in the history of cricket that a team has won a five-match T20I series by a margin of 5-0. Apart from India being the 1st team to win 5 match series, it was also the first time India won a T20I series in New Zealand after it failed twice previously.
- Who is the Most Capped Men’s T20 International cricketer (as on Jan 2020)?
1) Rohit Sharma
2) Shoaib Malik
3) Ross Taylor
4) M S Dhoni
5) Suresh RainaAnswer-2) Shoaib Malik
Pakistan’s Shoaib Malik and India’s Rohit Sharma are currently the only two players ahead of Ross Taylor (100 matches) where they featured in 113 matches and 108 matches respectively.
- Jaswant Singh of Punjab who is in news recently (February 2020) is a?
5) Sand artistAnswer-2) Writer
The Eminent Punjabi Writer, Novelist and Sahitya Academy Awardee Jaswant Singh Kanwal (101), passed away in his native village Dhudike, Moga district in Punjab, due to age related illness issues.
- American Author Higgins Clark who passed away recently (Feb 2020) is famously known as?
1) “Queen of Writing”
2) “Queen of Thrill”
3) “Queen of Suspense”
4) “Queen of love”
5) “Queen of king”Answer-3) “Queen of Suspense”
American author Mary Theresa Eleanor Higgins Clark also known as “Queen of Suspense” passed away at the age of 92 in Naples, Florida, US. She also worked as a script writer for “portrait of a President”, a radio series on American presidents. Higgins Clark famous books” A Stranger Is Watching” and “Lucky Day” were adapted for movies and television.
- The theme of world wetlands day 2020 is “Wetlands and Biodiversity”. The World Wetlands Day every year was observed on?
1) January 31
2) February 2
3) February 4
4) February 9
5) February 13Answer-2) February 2
World Wetlands Day (WWD) was observed on February 2 to spread awareness and to conserve the wetlands all over the world. The theme of WWD 2020 is “Wetlands and Biodiversity”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the Headquarters of Commonwealth located at? Answer-London, United Kingdom
- What is the capital and currency of Iraq? Answer-Capital – Baghdad & Currency – Iraqi Dinar
- Where is the Headquarters of World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) located at? Answer-Montreal, Canada
- Where is the Headquarters of company Coal India (CIL) located at? Answer-Kolkata, West Bengal
- The river Matla flows in Which Indian state? Answer-Sundarbans region, West Bengal
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]