AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 & 17 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- In which Indian state the seed sowing festival ‘Lui-Ngai-Ni’ celebrated with the 2020’s theme “Oneness through culture”?
5) AssamAnswer-3) Manipur
The Naga tribes of Manipur celebrated seed sowing festival ‘Lui-Ngai-Ni’ at Tangkhul Naga Long (TNL) ground in Ukhrul, Manipur. It is the second major inter-tribe Naga festival after Hornbill Festival, which is celebrated by more than ten Naga tribes of Nagaland.
- Which Indian state has announced a cash reward of Rs 6 crore for its home state gold winners in Tokyo Olympics 2020?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) HaryanaAnswer-5) Haryana
The Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar has announced that the state government will provide Rs. 6 crores for the players who bagged gold medals, Rs. 4 crores for the silver medalist and Rs. 2.5 crores for the bronze medalists at the Olympics Games and also employment in Haryana Civil Service or Haryana Police service to the sportsperson.
- Which Indian State/UT government has renamed the Ambala city bus stand as Sushma Swaraj Bus Stand (Feb 2020)?
2) New Delhi
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) JharkhandAnswer-3) Haryana
The Haryana Transport Minister Mool Chand Sharma announced that the Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved a proposal by Aseem Goel BJP MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) from the Ambala City Constituency requested to change the name of the newly constructed Ambala city Bus stand as Sushma Swaraj (former Union Minister and BJP veteran) bus stand.
- Which Indian State government has launched ‘Appreciate and Commend’ scheme to boost and Honour the police officer every month (Feb 2020)?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-3) Punjab
Dinkar Gupta, Punjab DGB (Director General of Police), launched the ‘Appreciate and Commend’ scheme in Phillaur, Pujab, in order to boost the confidence of police officers who work extraordinarily and the best cops will be awarded every month.
- Uddhav Bal Thackeray has approved the renaming of the Latur Medical College as Vilasrao Deshmukh Institute of Medical Sciences. Uddhav Bal Thackeray Is the Chief Minister of Which Indian state?
5) West BengalAnswer-4) Maharashtra
Chief Minister of Maharashtra Uddhav Bal Thackeray has approved the renaming of the Latur Medical College as Vilasrao Deshmukh Institute of Medical Sciences and the proposal was initiated by the former MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) of Latur city, Maharashtra, Mr. Trimbakrao Shrirangrao Bhise.
- Which is India’s 1st overnight journey private train inaugurated by Prime Minister Modi during his visit to Uttar Pradesh?
1) Tejas Express
2) Maha Kaal Express
4) Rajdhani Express
5) Yuva ExpressAnswer-2) Maha Kaal Express
Prime Minister Modi flagged off the IRCTC’s (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) Maha Kaal Express through video link. The train will connect 3 Jyotirling Pilgrim Centres – Varanasi, Ujjain and Omkareshwar. This would be first overnight journey private train in the country. Every passenger travelling on the train will be covered with complimentary travel insurance of Rs 10 lakh. Facilities like security services, quality vegetarian food, bedrolls, and housekeeping services will also be available onboard. The Kashi Mahakal Express will run between Varanasi and Indore.
- The Central Board of Directors of the RBI at 582nd meeting recommended aligning the financial year of RBI with the government’s fiscal year (April-March) from the year 2020-21. The Current Financial year of RBI is between?
1) January – December
2) October – September
3) July – June
4) September – August
5) March – FebruaryAnswer-3) July – June
The Central Board of Directors of the RBI (Reserve Bank of India) at its 582nd meeting recommended aligning the financial year of RBI, currently July-June, with the government’s fiscal year (April-March) from the year 2020-21. Now, the proposal is sent to the government for its approval. The meeting was addressed by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. She was accompanied by Minister of State for Finance Anurag Singh Thakur, Finance Secretary Rajiv Kumar and Expenditure Secretary T V Somanathan, among other senior officials.
- American Credit rating agency Moody’s Investors Service has lowered the India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth estimate for Financial Year 2020 from 6.6% to ______?
5) 5.4%Answer-5) 5.4%
On February 17, 2020, Moody’s Investors Service, an American credit rating agency,has lowered India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth estimate for the current financial year (2019-20) to 5.4% from 6.6% and the next financial year (2020-21) growth rate estimate to 5.8% from 6.7% .
- With which country India has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to develop a world class National Maritime Heritage Complex (NMHC) at Lothal, Gujarat?
5) United KingdomAnswer-3) Portugal
During the Portugal’s president Mr Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa visit to India One of the MoU is to develop a world class National Maritime Heritage Complex (NMHC) at Lothal, Gujarat with the cooperation from the Republic of Portugal. It will pay the way for cooperation between the two countries for showcasing common Maritime Heritage.
- Which movie has won the ‘best film’ award in 65th edition of Amazon Filmfare Awards 2020 was held at Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati, Assam (Feb 15-16, 2020)?
2) Saand ki Aandh
3) Article 15
4) Gully Boy
5) Uri: The Surgical StrikeAnswer-4) Gully Boy
The 65th edition of Amazon Filmfare Awards 2020 was held at Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati, Assam from15 Feb 2020 – 16 Feb 2020. The Zoya Akhtar’s directorial ‘Gully Boy’ emerged as big winner as it bagged several awards including the prestigious best film award.
- Who has won Best Actor in Leading role (female) in 65th edition of Amazon Filmfare Awards 2020 was held at Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati, Assam (Feb 15-16, 2020)?
1) Priyanka Chopra
2) Alia Bhatt
3) Bhumi Pednekar
4) Taapsee Pannu
5) Shilpa RaoAnswer-2) Alia Bhatt
The 65th edition of Amazon Filmfare Awards 2020 was held at Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati, Assam from15 Feb 2020 – 16 Feb 2020. The Ranveer Singh bagged Best Actor’s trophy for his performance in Gully Boy, while Alia Bhatt won the Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female) for the same film.
Here is the complete winners list of 65th Filmfare Awards:
S.No Award Name Won by 1 Best Film Gully Boy 2 Best Director Zoya Akhtar for Gully Boy 3 Best Film (Critics) Article 15 (Anubhav Sinha) and Sonchiriya (Abhishek Chaubey) 4 Best Actor In A Leading Role (Male) Ranveer Singh for Gully Boy 5 Best Actor (Critics) Ayushmann Khurrana for Article 15 6 Best Actor In A Leading Role (Female) Alia Bhatt for Gully Boy 7 Best Actress (Critics) Bhumi Pednekar and Taapsee Pannu for Saand Ki Aankh 8 Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female) Amruta Subhash for Gully Boy 9 Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male) Siddhant Chaturvedi for Gully Boy 10 Best Music Album Zoya Akhtar-Ankur Tewari for Gully Boy Mithoon, Amaal Mallik, Vishal Mishra, SachetParampara and Akhil Sachdeva for Kabir Singh 11 Best Lyrics Divine and Ankur Tewari for Apna Time Aayega (Gully Boy) 12 Best Playback Singer (Male) Arijit Singh for Kalank Nahi (Kalank) 13 Best Playback Singer (Female) Shilpa Rao for Ghungroo (War) 14 Best Debut Director Aditya Dhar for Uri: The Surgical Strike 15 Best Debut Actor Abhimanyu Dassani for Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota 16 Best Debut Actress Ananya Pandey for Student Of The Year 2, Pati Patni Aur Woh 17 Best Original Story Anubhav Sinha and Gaurav Solanki for Article 15 18 Best Screenplay Reema Kagti and Zoya Akhtar for Gully Boy 19 Best Dialogue Vijay Maurya for Gully Boy 20 Lifetime Achievement Award Ramesh Sippy 21 Excellence In Cinema Govinda 22 RD Burman Award For Upcoming Music Talent Sashwat Sachdev for UR 23 30 Years of Outstanding Contribution to Bollywood Fashion Manish Malhotra
- Which country is the ‘partner country’ in 17th edition of Bio Asia 2020, Asia’s largest Biotechnology and Life Sciences Forum with the theme of ‘Today for Tomorrow’ held at Hyderabad, Telangana?
5) SingaporeAnswer-1) Switzerland
A 3-day long 17th edition of Bio Asia 2020, Asia’s largest Biotechnology and Life Sciences Forum with the theme of ‘Today for Tomorrow’ has commenced in Hyderabad, Telangana. Switzerland is the partner Country for 2020 as part of the annual tradition & around 40-member team comprising industries, academia and start-ups from Switzerland participated in this event.
- Which country will be ‘Partner country’ at the Technology Submit 2020 to be held in New Delhi?
5) PortugalAnswer-5) Portugal
Portugal will be India’s partner country at the Technology Submit 2020 to be held in New Delhi. India will also organise the Youth Hachaton in Portugal later this year.
- Which Indian State / UT set to host its 1st ever Global Investors Summit in the month of April 2020?
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Jammu & Kashmir
5) BiharAnswer-4) Jammu & Kashmir
The Union Territory (UT) of Jammu and Kashmir’s (J&K) administration is set to host 1st -ever Global Investors Summit-2020 in the capital cities of Srinagar and Jammu in the month of April 2020 with the aim to attract investment and industries to J&K.
- Which European city set to host United Nations’ climate summit 26th Conference of Parties ‘COP26’ in November 2020?
5) BudapestAnswer-2) Glasgow
The 26th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 26) to the UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change) is scheduled to be held from 9-19 November 2020, at Glasgow’s Scottish Events Campus (SEC)in Scotland under the presidency of the UK (United Kingdom) government. The COP 25 was held at Madrid, Spain in 2019.
- Name the Indian Origin person who has been appointed as Minister in charge for 26th Conference of Parties ‘COP26’ climate change summit?
1) Alok Sharma
2) Priti Patel
3) Rishi Sunak
4) Swati Dandekar
5) Sam AroraAnswer-1) Alok Sharma
Indian-origin Alok Sharma (52) from Agra, Uttar Pradesh(UP) has been appointed as the minister in charge of the UK’s COP26 climate change summit. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has promoted Alok Sharma to the post of Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in cabinet reshuffle, where he replaced Claire Perry O’Neill, a former energy minister.
- Which Asian country hosted 13th Asian Business & Social Investor forum 2019-20 and 4th Asia’s greatest brands & leaders 2019-20 in February 2020?
5) QatarAnswer-2) Thailand
On 7th February 2020, 13th edition of Asian Business & Social Investor Forum 2019-20 & 4th edition – Asia’s Greatest Brands & Leaders 2019-20 held at the Marriott Marquis Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand with the aim to improve investment in India and Asia.
- Which Indian Steel Company has got of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal’s (NCLAT) approval to acquire the Bhushan Power and Steel Ltd (BPSL) for Rs. 19, 700 crores?
1) Mahindra Ugine Steel
2) JSW Steel Ltd
3) Tata Steel
4) Jindal Steel and Power
5) ESSAR Steel India LimitedAnswer-2) JSW Steel Ltd
The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) has approved JSW Steel’s (formerly known as Jindal South West) bid of Rs 19,700 crore for the acquisition of the bankrupt Bhushan Power and Steel Ltd (BPSL).
- The Chief Defence Staff (CDS) targeted to establish 1st ever tri-service command called ‘Air Defence Command’ (ADC) by June 2020. Who is the CDS of India?
1) Karambir Singh
2) Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
3) Bipin Rawat
4) Rajnath Singh
5) Manoj Mukund NaravaneAnswer-3) Bipin Rawat
Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat has targeted to establish the 1st integrated tri-service command called “Air Defence Command (ADC)” by June 2020, headed by an officer of the Indian Air Force (IAF). The ADC formation, by combining the resources of the three services under one command under the mandate given to the Department of Military Affairs, will help to protect the air space of the country.
- Indian Space Research Organistion (ISRO) set to launch 10 earth observatory Surveillance Satellite during 2020-21 including first ever Geo Imaging Satellite. Name the first ever Geo Imaging Satellite?
1) GSAT – 1
2) RISAT – 1
3) GISAT – 1
4) SARAL – 1
5) INSAT – 1Answer-3) GISAT – 1
As per the annual report of the Department of Space, ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) is planning to launch 10 earth observation satellites space surveillance feature during 2020-21 including first ever Geo Imaging Satellite GISAT-1. As of now, 10 national earth observation satellites, 18 communication satellites and eight navigation satellites are active.
- Which Indian state government launched “Yodhavu” mobile app to combat drug abuse and its distribution?
2) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-1) Kerala
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched “Yodhav” (Warrior) mobile app at Kochi, Kerala, through which the public can inform police about drug abuse & its distribution.
- Name the app launched by The Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India (CREDAI) to connect homebuyers with its member developers to purchase properties?
1) ‘Credai yojana’
2) ‘Credai Awaas’
3) ‘Credai makaan’
4) ‘Credai ghar’
5) ‘Credai Boomi’Answer-2) ‘Credai Awaas’
CREDAI (The Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India) launched an ‘Credai Awaas’ app (application) to connect homebuyers with its member developers to purchase properties. The app was launched by Mohammad Akbar, Minister of Transport, Housing & Environment, Forest & Law, in Raipur, Chhattisgarh. Vivek Dhand, Chhattisgarh RERA chief was also present on the occasion.
- What is the motto of 2020 Summer Olympics to be held at Tokyo, Japan (24, 2020 to August 9, 2020)?
1) ‘A new world’
3) ‘Inspire a generation’
4) ‘United by Emotion’
5) ‘Hot, Cool, Yours’Answer-4) ‘United by Emotion’
The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic games revealed the official motto, “United By Emotion”, which reflects the “universal values” and “unifying power of sport”, for the upcoming 2020 Olympics to be held in Tokyo, Japan from July 24, 2020 to August 9, 2020. The official Olympic motto is “Citius, Altius, Fortius” or “Faster, Higher, Stronger”, but each host city chooses its own motto to accompany that edition of the Games.
- Which team has won bronze medal at Badminton Asia team championships 2020 held at Manila, Philippines in Men’s team event?
2) Chinese Taipei
5) MalaysiaAnswer-1) India
Indian men’s team clinched bronze medal at the Badminton Asia team championships 2020 after losing to two-time defending champions Indonesia with 2-3 scores in semi-finals of the tournament held at Rizal Memorial Coliseum in Manila, Philippines from 11 – 16 February 2020. This is the 2nd time that India bagged bronze medal in the championship after it won the 1st bronze in 2016 at Hyderabad, Telangana. In the final, Women’s Team, Japan defeated South Korea to win gold medal & Indonesia outperforms Malaysia to win the Men’s team gold medal.
Members of Indian Team: Arjun M.R., Subhankar Dey, Dhruv Kapila, Srikanth Kidambi, Prannoy Kumar, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy, B. Sai Praneeth, Lakshya Sen, Chirag Shetty.
- Who has won the 2nd edition of cairns cup chess tournament held at St.Louis, United States (Feb 2020)?
1) Sasikiran Krishnan
2) Viswanathan Anand
3) Koneru Humpy
4) Parimarjan Negi
5) Harika DronavalliAnswer-3) Koneru Humpy
Grandmaster Koneru Humpy has won the Cairns Cup Chess tournament held at St.Louis, US (United States). She won the title after finishing 6 points off 9 rounds and a cash prize of $45,000. This was the second edition of the Cairns Cup.
- Who has translated the famous sayings of ancient master of statecraft Chanakya from Sanskrit to existing language titled as “Chanakya Niti: Verses on life and Living” published by Penguin Random House India?
1) K. Srinivasachari
2) A.N.D. Haksar
3) Vishnu Sharma
4) Dwaipayana Vyasa
5) BharaviAnswer-2) A.N.D. Haksar
Indian Diplomat Aditya Narayan Dhairyasheel Haksar has translated the famous aphorisms(sayings) of the ancient master of statecraft Chanakya or Kautilya from Sanskrit to current existing languages for the readers and the book titled as “Chanakya Niti: Verses on life and Living” and it has been published by Penguin Random House India.
- Nikita Pearl Waligwa was passed away recently is a ________?
1) Climate Activist
4) Child Actress
5) Pop SingerAnswer-4) Child Actress
Nikita Pearl Waligwa, a Ugandan student, who played a memorable role in 2016 Disney film “Queen of Katwe” as a local chess prodigy, passed away at the age of 15 in Uganda, Kampala due to brain tumour.” The small one can become the big one” is one of Gloria’s memorable quotes from the “Queen of Katwe”.
- Actress Lynn Cohen who passed away recently belongs to which country?
4) United States
5) CanadaAnswer-4) United States
Lynn Cohen, American actress, best known for playing the role of Magda on “Sex and the City” series, passed away at the age of 86 at New York, US (United States). She was born on 10th August 1933 in Kansas City, Missouri, US.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the capital & currency of Switzerland? Answer-Capital – Bern & Currency – Swiss franc
- Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa is the president of which country? Answer-Portugal
- Armand Duplantis belongs to which sports? Answer-Pole Vault
A 20-year-old US born Swedish based Pole vaulter Armand Duplantis has broken his own pole vault world record(6.17m) by clearing 6.18 m at the Indoor Grand Prix in Glasgow, Scotland. Prior to that French vaulter Renaud Lavillenie (2014) has set a record of 6.16 m.
- Bhawna Jat is related to which sports? Answer-20 km race walk
Rajasthan based female race walker Bhawna Jat has earned a berth in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games and also broken the national record of the 20 km race walk at the 7th National Race Walk Championships in Ranchi. The 23-year-old athlete clocked 1 hour 29 minutes and 54 seconds, well inside the Olympic qualification time (1:31.00).
- Which is India’s first private train? Answer-Tejas Express
- Who is the current Finance Secretary of India? Answer-Rajiv Kumar
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]