AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs February 13 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where did Prime Minister laid foundation stone of Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Information Technology on 10th February?
3) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Hubli,Karnataka
On 10th February 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Hubli in Karnataka on the final leg of one day long his tri state visit of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu to initiate various development projects.Prime minister has unveiled a plaque to mark the laying of foundation stone for construction of building campus for Indian Institute of Technology at a cost of Rs. 12,000 crore and Indian Institute of Information Technology at a cost of Rs. 110 Crore, both at Dharwad, Hubli.
- During Prime Minister Visit to Tiruppur,TamilNadu,which coastal terminal of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL’s) was dedicated to nation?
1) Ennore Coastal Terminal
2) Tondiarpet Coastal Terminal
3) Tuticorin Coastal Terminal
4) Nagapattinam Coastal Terminal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ennore Coastal Terminal
On 10th February 2019, Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has addressed a rally in Tamil Nadu’s hosiery hub of Tirupur during his tri-state visit to unveil development projects. The highlights of the visit to Tamil Nadu are as follows: Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi unveiled the Ennore Coastal terminal of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL). It will be a bigger and better alternative to its Tondiarpet facility. With this terminal in place, products can be moved along the coast from Kochi, thereby also reducing the cost of movement by road.
- For Promoting and Protecting which language a committee was constituted by Ministry of Human Resource Development in the year 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Maithili
The Committee, constituted by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development in 2018, for making a report for the Promotion and Protection of Maithili Language and its scripts, has submitted its report to the ministry with several recommendations.The use of the Mithila script has been on a decline since the last 100 years. Despite having been accorded a constitutional status, the Mithila language is getting developed in a composite manner, as the script is not used, affecting the culture. The HRD Ministry keeping this is mind had formed the committee and plans to take immediate action to implement the recommendations.
- India had signed a letter of intent with which country for combating Marine Pollution?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Norway
India signed a letter of intent with Norway to fight marine pollution on Monday, Feb. 11 2019, and establishes the India-Norway Marine Pollution Initiative.Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) signed the letter establishing the initiative with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.Additional Secretary, MoEFCC, Mr. Anil Kumar Jain and Norway’s Ambassador to India, Mr. Nils RagnarKamsvag signed the joint initiative.A statement from the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM)revealed that this is the first joint initiative under this partnership and India-Norway Marine Pollution will fight the fastest growing environmental concern, which is marine pollution.
- Name the Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Exercise,that held recently in Jaipur, Rajasthan?
1) Exercise ‘Vijay Prahar’
2) Exercise ‘Shakti’
3) Exercise ‘Rahat’
4) Exercise ‘Indra’
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Exercise ‘Rahat’
On 12th February 2019, Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Exercise `Exercise Rahat´ concluded in Jaipur, Rajasthan. It was demonstrated in Jaipur, Kota and Alwar in Rajasthan. Indian Army was represented by Jaipur based Sapta Shakti Command. Representatives from Armed Forces, National Disaster Management Response Mechanism (NDMRM), SDMA Rajasthan and DLMAs participated in the exercise.With a view to cooperate efforts for humanitarian assistance and Disaster Relief operations NDMA coordinated the exercise.The exercise was conducted in three places, in Jaipur it was in the form of a table top exercise and at Kota and Alwar it demonstrated on-ground capability and coordination among various stakeholders.
- Where was the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD) organized 2nd National Conference of Micro Missions of National Police Mission held?
1) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On february 7,2019,Bureau of Police Research and Development, (BPRD) organized the 2nd National Conference of Micro Missions of National Police Mission in New Delhi.This is a two day conference organized with a motive to discuss the issues of Skills and Competence at the grass-root level, Attitudinal Changes in Police, Gender Sensitization, harnessing technology and Community Policing.This conference was inaugurated by Former Governor of Jammu and Kashmir N. N.Vohra.National Police Mission Awards was given to 9 officers for their contribution in Micro Missions and successful preparation of the implementable projects.
- What was the theme of the National Conference on Unani Medicine held in New Delhi,on the sidelines of Unani day observed on 11th February,2019?
1) Unani Medicine for Families, education and well-being
2) Unani Medicine for Public Health
3) Unani Medicine for Families, healthy lives and sustainable future
4) Unani Medicine for Families for all ages
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Unani Medicine for Public Health
On February 11,2019,Dr. Najma Heptulla, Governor of Manipur, inaugurating the two-day National Conference on Unani Medicine organized by the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM) in New Delhi. This conference was held as a part of 3rd Unani Day celebration .Theme of the conference was ‘Unani Medicine for Public Health’.Unani Day on 11th February every year,is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Hakim Ajmal Khan .
- Which State/UT has inaugurated the Institute of Advanced Virology (IAV)?
1) Kolkata,West Bengal
2) Chennai,Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Thiruvananthapuram,Kerala
On February 10,2019,Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the Institute of Advanced Virology (IAV), in Bio 360 Life Sciences Park at Thonnakkal in the capital city ,Thiruvananthapuram .This institute is linked to the Global Virus Network, which has 45 centres of excellence in over 29 countries.This institute is built with bio-safety level-3 facilities to detect virus like Nipah.
- What was the name of the online portal launched during the first investor conference ASCEND 2019 held in Kerala?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) KSWIFT
On 10th February 2019, Kochi hosted the first investor conference ASCEND 2019 to showcase industry friendly initiatives. The conference displayed landmark administrative and policy reforms that improved ease of doing business in Kerala. Industries department introduced an online platform KSWIFT which enable entrepreneurs to submit all applications online and obtain licences and approvals in a time-bound manner. In the Investment Climate Index, Kerala ranked second which made the state to aim building sustainable industrial infrastructure with an eco-friendly and sustainable mode.
- Where was the Seventh Session of World Government Summit 2019 held?
1) Washington, D.C.,USA
2) New York,USA
3) Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
4) London,United Kingdom(UK)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
The seventh session of the World Government Summit began on Sunday, 10th February 2019, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). More than 4,000 people from 140 countries participated in the event. The summit opened with the speech of Mohammed Abdullah Ak Gergawi, minister of Cabinet Affairs and the Future, along with Klaus Schwab, founder and executive chairman of World Economic Forum (WEF).
- What is the new GST Recommended by Government Panel for under-construction residential properties?
5) 28%Answer – 1) 5%
On 9th February 2019, Government panel recommended lowering GST on under-construction residential properties to 5%. The GST rate for under-construction flats earlier was 12%.The Group of Ministers headed by Nithin Patel was formed to analyse tax rates and issues or challenges being faced by the real estate sector under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime.The seven member ministerial panel also favoured lowering GST on affordable housing from 8% earlier to 3%.The move will give relief to homebuyers as the tax rate had lowered sharply with no input tax credit. Any cut in GST should reduce the adverse impact on the land abatement rate also.
- Name the Indian Historian,who won the Israel’s prestigious Dan David Prize in the category ‘Past time dimension’?
1) Sanjay Subrahmanyam
2) Bert Vogelstein
3) Baroness Mary Warnock
4) Simon Schaffer
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sanjay Subrahmanyam
Indian Historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam won Israel’s prestigious Dan David Prize in the category ‘Past time dimension’ for his work in macro history.Subrahmanyam won the prize for his work on ‘Inter-cultural encounters between Asians, Europeans and people of North and South America during the early modern era’. He shared the USD 1 million award in the ‘Past time dimension’ category with Prof Kenneth Pomeranz of the University of Chicago.
- Who won the Player of the Series in the T20I series played between New zealand and India?
1) Martin Guptill
2) Rohit Sharma
3) Ross Taylor
4) Tim Seifert
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Tim Seifert
New Zealand won the Twenty20 International (T20I) 3-match series at Seddon Park Ground, Hamilton, New Zealand beating India in the final match by 4 runs.New Zealand’s wicket keeper-batsman, Tim Seifert, won the player of the series award. He scored 138 runs at a strike-rate of 173.75 and an average of 46.33 on the 3 matches. He also picked 3 catches as the wicketkeeper.
- Who released the book ‘What Marx Left Unsaid’ authored by Dr. Malay Chaudhari, Dr. Arindam Chaudhari and Che Kabir Chaudhari ?
1) Ram Nath Kovind
2) Manish Tewari
3) Venkaiah Naidu
4) Narendra Modi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Manish Tewari
Indian Politician and author, Manish Tewari, launched ‘What Marx Left Unsaid’ – Production of Skills by Means of Skills, authored by Dr. Malay Chaudhari, Dr. Arindam Chaudhari and Che Kabir Chaudhari at Indian International Centre, New Delhi. The book speaks about why human beings must earn as per their skills, which will in turn determine their ability to contribute to society.The book is deemed special as it is written jointly by 3 generations of authors of the same family.The book is published by Times Group.
- Name the book authoured by Rakesh Anand Bakshi that released on World Radio Day (WRD-2019)?
1) Lost Sound: The Forgotten Art of Radio Storytelling
2) Radio Goes to War: The Cultural Politics of Propaganda during World War II
3) Let’s Talk On Air: Conversations with Radio Presenters
4) Rebels on the Air: An Alternative History of Radio in America
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Let’s Talk On Air: Conversations with Radio Presenters
The book titled “Let’s Talk On Air: Conversations with Radio Presenters” has been authored by Rakesh Anand Bakshi,which will be launched on World Radio Day (WRD-2019) on February 13 in Mumbai. This book is depicted as the comprehensive guide on radio-presenting in India.This book explains the lives of 14 popular radio presenters in India – from the legendary Ameen Sayani to present-day RJs who have been entertaining us via the airwaves.
- When was the National Deworming Day is Observed for the year 2019?
1) February 8
2) February 9
3) February 10
4) February 11
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) February 8
National Deworming Day(NDD) 2019 was observed on 8th of February,two days prior to its usual date(February 10) with a motive to showcase the importance of worm free lives and maintaining sanitation.Since February 10 was Sunday and all Schools,Anganwadi’s are on leave,the objective of NDD becomes ineffectual.So taking this into consideration the Ministry of Health and Family welfare notified that NDD will be observed on February 8 for the year 2019.Itis a single fixed-day approach to treating intestinal worm infections in all children aged 1- 19 years. It will mobilize health personnel, state governments and other stakeholders to prioritize investment in control of Soil Transmitted Helminth (STH) infections one of the most common infections.Adequate supply of Albendazole tablets at healthcare and Anganwadi centres.Spreading awareness on safe drinking water and sanitation.
- National Productivity Council (NPC) Celebrates National Productivity Week from ____________________?
1) February 10 to February 16
2) February 12 to February 18
3) February 8 to February 14
4) February 6 to February 12
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) February 12 to 18
On 12th February 2019, National Productivity Council (NPC) has commemorated its 61st Foundation Day as Productivity Day. NPC is celebrating National Productivity Week from 12th Feb to 18th Feb, 2019.The theme of this year’s Productivity Day is “Circular Economy for Productivity and Sustainability”.This is to signify a distinctive opportunity for circular business representative models for ‘Make-Use-Return’ for further economic prospects and revitalization of materials. The inauguration was organized to discuss the challenges, problems and repercussions from the execution of the circular economy which will augment productivity and create jobs. During the Productivity Week, workshops were organized in New Delhi and seminars were organized by regional Directorate of NPC at Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Chandigarh and Bhubaneswar. National Productivity council is going to play a vital role in achieving the growth target to raise the Indian Economy to the level of USD 5 trillion by 2025 and USD 10 trillion by 2035.
- What is the theme of the National Productivity day,that is observed on February 12,2019?
1) Production and Sustained Economy
2) Production for wealthier Nation
3) Revised Economy for enhancing Productivity
4) Circular Economy for Productivity and Sustainability
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Circular Economy for Productivity and Sustainability
On 12th February 2019, National Productivity Council (NPC) has commemorated its 61st Foundation Day as Productivity Day. NPC is celebrating National Productivity Week from 12th Feb to 18th Feb, 2019.The theme of this year’s Productivity Day is “Circular Economy for Productivity and Sustainability”.This is to signify a distinctive opportunity for circular business representative models for ‘Make-Use-Return’ for further economic prospects and revitalization of materials.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Governor of Karnataka?Answer – Vajubhai Vala
- What is the Capital and Currency of Norway?Answer – Capital –Oslo;Currency – Norwegian Krone
- Who is the Union minister of State Youth Affairs & Sport?Answer – Rajyavardhan Rathore
- Where is the Headquarter of Bureau of Police Research and Development located?Answer – New Delhi
- Who is the Prime Minister of Israel?Answer – Benjamin Netanyahu