AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Date-Wise Current Affairs February 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs February 11 2020
- The 1st “Jerusalem-Mumbai festival” to be held in Mumbai on Feb 15-16, 2020 to provide special link between two cities. Jerusalem is the Capital of which country?
5) LebanonAnswer-3) Israel
The first “Jerusalem-Mumbai Festival” will be held at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya Museum, Mumbai, Maharashtra on February 15 & 16, 2020. The Festival aims to provide special links between two cities and also to promote ties between India and Israel and creates a platform for cooperation among artists, tourism, cinema.
- The Ministry of Coal (MoC) launched a web portal for star rating of coal mines to promote green and safe mining practices. Who is the current Coal Minister (Feb 2020)?
1) Nitin Jairam Gadkari
2) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
3) Pralhad Joshi
4) Giriraj Singh
5) Prahalad Singh PatelAnswer-3) Pralhad Joshi
The Ministry of Coal (MoC) launched a web portal for star rating of coal mines, to promote green, safe and sustainable mining practices. Union Minister of Coal & Mines Shri Pralhad Joshi launched the web portal in New Delhi, India.
- Which state government has launched the “Reading Mission” (Feb 2020) based on central government’s “Reading Mission-2022” to encourage habit of reading books?
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) KeralaAnswer-4) Haryana
On February 10, 2020 Kanwar Pal, Haryana education minister, launched ‘Reading Mission- Haryana’ to inculcate reading habits among students. Book review sessions will be organized by students once a month in educational institutions & 45-minute mass- reading Programme will be held on 4th Saturday of every month.
- Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi was formed as 28th district of which Indian State/UT?
4) New Delhi
5) OdishaAnswer-2) Chhattisgarh
Bhupesh Baghel, Chief Minister (CM) of Chhattisgarh, inaugurated Gaurela-Pendra-Maewahi as the 28th district state of the state. The new district, carved out of Bilaspur, has 3 tehsils (taluq) & 3 development blocks namely Gaurela, Pendra and Marwahi.
- Which Indian State/UT has announced the Cauvery Delta region as the Protected Special Agricultural Zone (SAZ) (Feb 2020)?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-4) Tamil Nadu
Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Edappadi K. Palaniswamy announced that Cauvery delta regions in Tamil Nadu is going to declared as a protected Special Agricultural Zone(SAZ), He also added that special team will be formed to produce special law to make the Delta region as a Protected Zone.
- The 5th edition of Military Exercise AJEYA WARRIOR conducted in Salisbury plain is between India and _____ (Feb 2020)?
2) United States
3) United Kingdom
5) BangladeshAnswer-3) United Kingdom
The 5th Edition of Joint Military Exercise between Indian Army and United Kingdom(UK) Army AJEYA WARRIOR-2020 will be conducted at Salisbury Plains, United Kingdom(UK) from February (13 to 26) 2020.
- The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has increased the minimum net worth criteria for pension fund managers from 25 crores to _____?
1) 30 Crore
2) 35 Crore
3) 40 Crore
4) 45 Crore
5) 50 CroreAnswer-5) 50 Crore
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA), the regulator of the National Pension System (NPS), has doubled the minimum net worth criterion for pension fund managers to ₹50 crores from the ₹25 crore stipulated earlier. Provision has also been made for licenses to have indefinite validity.
- The Reserve Bank of India has eased the CRR requirement of commercial banks for 5years for lending to automobiles, housing and MSME sector. What is ‘C’ in CRR stands for?
5) CapitalAnswer-2) Cash
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has eased Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) requirement of commercial banks for 5-years. So now the banks would not be needed to maintain the cash reserve ratio (CRR) for 5- years on their deposits for the amount equivalent to loans lent to automobiles, residential housing, and micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) between 31 Jan-31 July, 2020 from their net demand and time liabilities (NDTL) for maintenance of the CRR.
- According to the “Public Enterprises Survey 2018-19” prepared by Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) under Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Which Indian Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) company is most profitable?
1) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation(ONGC)
2) Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)
3) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
4) Air India
5) National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)Answer-1) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation(ONGC)
According to “Public Enterprises Survey 2018-19”, which measures the annual economic condition of all central PSUs, ONGC, IOC and NTPC were the top three PSUs with profits in 2018-19. BSNL, Air India and MTNL saw the highest losses for the third consecutive year.
- Who is the 1st Oscar presenter with down syndrome presented awards in the 92nd edition of Academy awards 2020 held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States?
1) Zachary Robin Gottsagen
2) Billy Porter
3) Natalie Portman
4) Billie Eilish
5) Janelle MonáeAnswer-1) Zachary Robin Gottsagen
Actor Zachary Robin Gottsagen, starring in the 2019 comedy-drama “The Peanut Butter Falcon, has created creates history as 1st Oscar presenter with down syndrome, a genetic disorder that includes certain birth defects, learning problems, and facial features.
- Who is the 1st Asian filmmaker to win academy award (Oscars) for original screenplay category?
1) Ang Lee
2) Bong Joon-ho
3) Ismail Merchant
4) William Kong
5) Hsu Li-kongAnswer-2) Bong Joon-ho
For the 1st time Bong Joon Ho created history by becoming the first Asian and South Korean filmmaker to bag the Academy Award for best original screenplay for his genre-defying “Parasite”.
- India’s Vivek Sagar Prasad was selected as International Hockey Federation (FIH) Men’s rising star of the year 2019 award. Who was selected for FIH Women’s rising star of the year 2019?
2) Rani Rampal
5) Sharmila DeviAnswer-3) Lalremsiami
Indian professional hockey player Lalremsiami (19) from Mizoram was voted the best FIH (International Hockey Federation) Women’s Rising Star of the Year 2019. At the same time, Indian team’s midfielder Vivek Sagar Prasad (19) was selected as the best FIH Men’s Rising Star of the Year 2019.
- Who has been awarded ODI batting performance of the year award in 13th edition of the Annual ESPNcricinfo awards 2019?
1) Virat Kohli
2) Eoin Morgan
3) Ben Stokes
4) Rohit Sharma
5) Kusal PereraAnswer-3) Ben Stokes
Eoin Morgan was named as the ‘captain of the year’ for leading England to win the World Cup Title against New Zealand. Ben Stokes was awarded the ‘ODI (One Day International) batting performance of the year’ in 13th Annual ESPNcricinfo awards 2019 award with 10 other awards.
- India to host the 13th edition of Conference of Parties (CoP) of the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS) supported by United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) in February 2020 at which Indian city?
5) New DelhiAnswer-4) Gandhinagar
The Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar announced that the 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS) of Wild Animals, an Environment Treaty Supported by United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is going to hosted by India at Gandhinagar in Gujarat, from 17th – 22nd February 2020.
- The official mascot chosen for the 13th edition of Conference of Parties (COP) of the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS) is _____?
1) Asiatic Elephant
2) Great Indian Bustard
3) Marine Turtle
4) Amur Falcon
5) Humpback WhaleAnswer-2) Great Indian Bustard
The Great Indian Bustard (Gibi) is chosen as official Mascot of the 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS).
- What is the theme of 13th edition of Conference of Parties (COP) of the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS)?
1) Theme: “Migratory species connect the planet and we welcome them Home”
2) Theme: “Their Future is Our Future – Sustainable Development for Wildlife & People”
3) Theme: “Migratory species makes the world beautiful”
4) Theme: “The future of the world – Migratory world”
5) Theme: “Protect the Migratory species for sustainable development”Answer-1) Theme: “Migratory species connect the planet and we welcome them Home”
The theme for the CMS COP 13 in India is, “Migratory species connect the planet and we welcome them Home”.
- Which among the following conference/conclave held in DefExpo2020 held at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (Feb 5-9,2020)?
1) India-Africa defence minister’s conclave
2) India-Russia Military Industrial conference
3) UK-India defence industry forum
4) both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1) and 2) and 3)Answer-5) All the 1) and 2) and 3)
The conferences held in DefExpo 2020 held at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (Feb 5-9, 2020) are India-Africa defence minister’s conclave, India-Russia Military Industrial conference and UK-India defence industry forum.
- Which Indian company has launched the “sharang” artillery gun and handed over to Chief of Army staff the Manoj Mukund Naravane in DefExpo2020 held at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh?
1) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
2) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
3) Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)
4) Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL)
5) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)Answer-3) Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)
Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) launched “Sharang” the 155mm artillery gun with 36 km range and handed over a model to Chief of Army Staff (CoAS) Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane.
- Which Indian company has launched the “Amogha-3” anti-guided missile and “Varunastra” anti-submarine torpedo under guidance of DRDO in DefExpo2020 held at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh?
1) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
2) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
3) Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)
4) Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL)
5) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)Answer-2) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) launched Amogha-3 the anti-Tank Guided Missile. It is a man portable fire and forget missile. It also launched Varunastra, the anti-submarine torpedo, manufactured under the technological guidance of DRDO.
- Which Indian defence manufacturing company signed pact with Larson & Toubro (L&T) for high tech drone manufacturing?
1) Kadet Defence Systems
3) Adani group
5) AUSAnswer-2) ideaForge
Infrastructure giant Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has entered into a pact with ideaForge, domestic unmanned aerial vehicles manufacturer, to offer hi-tech drones and allied systems for defence use. They will also offer anti-drone solutions to counter the threat of malicious or unintended usage of drones.
- According to Germany’s Kumboldt University and India’s Robert Koch Institute, what is India’s rank in the list of countries at risk of importing novel Coronavirus(nCoV)?
5) 17Answer-5) 17
According to a mathematical model for the expected global spread of the coronavirus developed by the researchers at Germany’s Humboldt University and Robert Koch Institute, India is at number 17 on the list of countries at risk of importing novel coronavirus (nCoV) that originated in China’s Wuhan area in December 2019. The top 5 countries at risk of importing coronavirus cases include: Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, USA.
- Name the Ballistic missile which is being developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) with the strike range of 200km?
5) PrithviAnswer-1) Pranash
The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) is developing Pranash, a new 200Km strike range ballistic missile which will be the advanced version of Prahaar, with the strike range of 150Km. Pranash is a single stage solid propellant surface-to-surface missile.
- Jyoti Gulia associated with which sports?
5) Discus throwAnswer-4) Boxing
Indian boxers has clichéd 5 medals (4 silver, 1 Bronze) at the 64th “Bocskai Istvan Memorial”,an International Boxing Tournament for Elite Men and Women in 2020 held in Debracen, Hungary from February 2-8, 2020. Gaurav Chauhan (91kg) – Silver, Jyoti Gulia (51kg) – Silver, Manisha (57Kg) – Silver, PL Prasad (52Kg) – Bronze, Sachin (57Kg) – Bronze.
- Vidya Viswanathan has won women’s title in Indian National Billiards & Snooker Championship 2020 held in Pune, Maharashtra. Who has won the Men’s title in the event (Feb 2020)?
1) Pankaj Advani
2) Aditya Mehta
3) Rupesh Shah
4) Alok Kumar
5) Geet SethiAnswer-2) Aditya Mehta
Indian former professional snooker player, Aditya Mehta (34) & Vidya Viswanathan Pillai (42) have won their men & women’s title respectively in Indian National Billiards & Snooker Championship 2020 held at PYC Hindu Gymkhana in Pune, Maharashtra from 11 January – 09 February 2020.
- Recently who has created world record in pole vault with the jump of 6.17m beating the previous record of 6.16m at World Athletics Indoor Tour meeting in Torun, Poland (Feb 2020)?
1) Paul Burgess
2) Sergey Bubka
3) Renaud Lavillennie
4) Armand Mondo Duplaints
5) Przemysław CzerwińskiAnswer-4) Armand Mondo Duplaints
Armand Mondo Duplaints, 20 years old, American-born Swedish pole vaulter, broke the World record of frenchman Renaud Lavillennie. Mondo Duplaints jumped a height of 6.17 meters on his 2nd attempt at the World Athletics Indoor Tour meeting in Torun, Poland.
- Recently (Feb 2020) who has become the first cricket player to hit 5 consecutive 50-plus scores in T20 Internationals?
1) Mithali Raj
2) Ellyse Perry
3) Chris Gayle
4) Brendon McCullam
5) Sophie DevineAnswer-5) Sophie Devine
New Zealand captain Sophie Devine has become the first international cricketer to score five consecutive 50-plus scores in T20I cricket, surpassed Mithali Raj, Brendon McCullum and Chris Gayle who all had four straight fifty-plus scores to their name in the shortest format of International Cricket.
- The International Day for Women & Girls in Science 2020 with the theme “Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth” celebrated on?
1) February 6
2) February 9
3) February 11
4) February 13
5) February 15Answer-3) February 11
International Day of Women & Girls in Science was observed on 11th February. The day was celebrated to achieve equal participation & access to women and girls in science. Theme: “Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth”. The theme aims to encourage women and girls to opt for science.
- February 11 was celebrated as ______?
1) World Yoga Day
2) World Unani Day
3) World Ayurveda Day
4) World Homeopathy Day
5) World Siddha DayAnswer-2) World Unani Day
World Unani Day was celebrated on February 11, 2020, since 2017. The day marks the birthday of great Unani scholar and social reformer “Hakim Ajmal Khan”. Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh was the chief guest of the 4th Unani day function organized by AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) Ministry, New Delhi, India.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- India’s defence export target by 2024? Answer-$5 Billion
- Who is Israel’s National Security Advisor(NSA)? Answer-Meir Ben Shabbat
Prime Minister Narendra Modi met the National Security Advisor (NSA) of Israel, Meir Ben Shabbat, on February 10. He was called on by PM Modi in New Delhi. India’s NSA Ajit Doval was also present in the meeting.
- What is ‘T’ in NTDL refers? Answer-Time (NTDL – Net Demand and Time Liabilities)
- Who is the chairman of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)? Answer-Pankaj Jain
- When was the first edition of Academy awards (Oscars) presented at? Answer-May 16, 1929
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]