AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs February 11 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where was the North-East India’s First Film and Television Institute of India(FTII) inaugurated?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Arunachal Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Visit to his Arunachal Pradesh,he laid foundation stone for a permanent campus of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) at Jollang-Rakap (Jote), Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh and inaugurated a retrofitted airport in Tezu.This is the third Film and Television Institute of Ministry of I&B, the first two being FTII Pune and SRFTI Kolkata. It is the first Film and Television Institute of entire North-East.
- During visit to Arunachal Pradesh,PM Narendra Modi laid foundation stone for which tunnel project in order to provide all-weather connectivity to Tawang and forward areas?
1) Natuwadi tunnel project
2) Karbude tunnel project
3) Sela tunnel project
4) Pir Panjal tunnel project
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sela tunnel project
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid foundation stone for Sela tunnel project which will provide all-weather connectivity to Tawang and forward areas during his visit to Arunachal Pradesh.The estimated cost of Sela tunnel Project is Rs.687 crore which will be constructed by the Border Roads Organization (BRO).It covers a total distance of 12.04 km including two tunnels of 1790m and 475m each. The project will be completed in 3 years.
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi,laid down the foundation stone of Greenfield airport recently?
3) Kurung Kumey
4) Papum Pare
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Hollongi
Narendra Modi laid foundation stone for Greenfield airport at Hollongi during his Arunachal Pradesh visit which will improve connectivity.The total cost of the airport will be Rs.1042 crore in which centre will provide Rs.955 crore and State’s share will be Rs.87 crore.The airport will have a capacity of 200 passengers in peak hour handling with 5 check-in counters and 2 parking bays.
- Name the Doordarshan’s 2nd channel in North-Eastern Region launched by PrimeMinister Narendra Modi during his State visit to Arunachal Pradesh?
1) DD Yadagiri
2) DD Saptagiri
3) DD Arunprabha
4) DD Girnar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) DD Arunprabha
During the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Arunachal Pradesh, he launched DD ArunPrabha Channel in Itanagar. It is Doordarshan 2nd channel in north-eastern region after DD North East. The project cost is estimated to be 60 crore which is part of the Rs. 1054.52 crore fund approved by Cabinet. The service will be 24×7.
- Under which Act does the Health Minister has notified 8 medical equipment, comprising of all implantable devices, as “Drugs” with effect from April 1, 2020?
1) Section 3 of the ‘Drugs and Cosmetics Act’,1940
2) Section 3 of theNarcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act,1985
3) Section 5 of the ‘Drugs and Cosmetics Act’,1940
4) Section 5 of theNarcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act,1985
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Section 3 of the ‘Drugs and Cosmetics Act’,1940
In a proposal to modulate diagnostic and medical device in India, the Health Ministry has notified 8 medical equipment, comprising of all implantable devices, as “Drugs” under section 3 of the ‘Drugs and Cosmetics Act’ with effect from April 1, 2020. The equipments comprise of CT scan, MRI equipment, defibrillators, dialysis machine, PET equipment, X-ray machine, bone marrow cell separator and all implantable medical devices.This step is important for safety of patients as all these equipment will come under regulatory framework.Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO), a national medical device regulator is meanwhile working to make way to regulate the sale and use of medical devices.
- For which endangered species Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) in collaboration with Gujarat State had launched three year Conservation Project?
1) Snow leopard
2) Whooping crane
3) Blue whale
4) Asiatic Lion
5) None of theseAnswer – 4)Asiatic Lion
Lions,identified as one of the endangered species by the government,the Ministry of Environment launched a three-year Asiatic Lion Conservation Project in collaboration with the state of Gujarat. The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) allocated Rs 59 crores, which will focus on better management of the lion habitat, disease control and veterinary care for them.Gujarat government also implemented Rs 80 crore that will be spent on specialised veterinary hospitals and full fledged ambulances for lions.
- Where was the Second Himalayan Cloud Observatory,set up to monitor the cloud activities by the Indian Science and Technology Department and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur?
1) Tehri, Uttarakhand
2) Kathua,Jammu and Kashmir
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Tehri, Uttarakhand
On February 9,2019,A Himalayan Cloud Observatory is set up in Tehri district with a motive to forecast and monitor cloudburst incidents in the Himalayan region and help minimising the damage. The Observatory is established in the SRT campus Badshithaul,in Tehri and is in testing period.This is the second observatory in the country to monitor cloud activities by the Indian Science and Technology Department and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur that can function in high-altitudes.
- Which region is declared as the third administrative division of Jammu and Kashmir?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ladakh
The Jammu & Kashmir Government on Friday declared Ladakh as the third administrative division of the state.The Government has approved the creation of a separated administrative/revenue division of Ladakh.The division will comprise Leh and Kargil districts, with Leh as the division’s headquarters.The creation of two posts of Divisional Commissioner and Inspector General of Police (IGP) has been sanctioned for the new division.
- Which Indian Navy warship Participated in the multinational training exercise ‘CUTLASS EXPRESS – 19’,held in the vicinity of Djibouti, Mozambique and Seychelles?
1) INS Shivalik
2) INS Trikand
3) INS Talwar
4) INS Gomati
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) INS Trikand
INS Trikand, the frontline warship of the Indian Navy, participated in a multi-national training exercise ‘CUTCLASS EXPRESS 2019’ held from 27th January to 06th February 2019 in the vicinity of Djibouti, Mozambique and Seychelles.INS Trikand, commanded by Captain Srinivas Maddula.
i. The aim of the exercise was to improve law enforcement capacity, promote regional securityand progress inter-operability between the armed forces of the participating nations for the purpose of prohibiting illegal maritime activity in the Western Indian Ocean.
ii. Naval Coast Guard and Marine Police personnel from a number of East African countries were jointly trained by mentors from USA, India and Netherlands, with support of International Maritime Organisation (IMO), Combined Maritime Force (CMF) and European Naval Forces (EUNAVFOR).
iii. The exercise was conducted in 2 phases; first called the Command Post Exercise (CPX) from 27th Jan to 02nd Feb 2019 and the second phase called the Final Training Exercise (FTX) from 03rd to 5th Feb 2019. The closing ceremony was held at Djibouti Naval Base on the morning of 06th Feb 2019.
- Which City had included Hindi as its third official language in the High Court?
4) Abu Dhabi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Abu Dhabi
Hindi is included as the third official language in the Abu Dhabi court system with a motive to improve access to justice for foreign workers.Authorities have created bilingual language guides to explain complex legal terms in an effort to help people understand court process.The other two official languages are Arabic and English.
- Centre has increased over 26-year-old monetary limit on disclosure of investment in shares and mutual funds by employees to __________ months of their basic pay?
1) 3 months
2) 6 months
3) 9 months
4) 12 months
5) None of theseAnswer – 2)6 months
The government has revised 26-year-old monetary limit on investment in the stock markets and mutual funds by Government Officials to 6 months of their basic pay.Earlier,Under the 1992 rule,officials of Group A and B had to intimate the government if the total transaction exceeded Rs. 50,000. For Group C & D, the earlier upper limit was 25000. Now the limit has raised 5-6 times of the previous one.
- As per RBI, country’s foreign exchange reserves are increased by how many billions?
1) USD 2.163 billion
2) USD 2.063 billion
3) USD 2.263 billion
4) USD 2.363 billion
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) USD 2.063 billion
According to RBI’s report,country’s foreign exchange reserves increased by USD 2.063 billion to USD 400.24 billion.The data reveals that country’s reserve position with the IMF also increased by USD 11.2 million to USD 2.654 billion.Foreign currency assets mounted by USD 1.280 billion to USD 373.430 billion.Gold reserves increased by USD 764.9 million to USD 22.686 billion.Special drawing rights with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) increased by USD 6.2 million to USD 1.470 billion.
- Who topped the Hurun India Philanthropy list 2018 by donating 437 Crores?
1) Ratan Tata
2) Azim Premji
3) Mukesh Ambani
4) Adi Godrej
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mukesh Ambani
Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani and also richest person in Asia, topped the Hurun India Philanthropy list with donation amount of 437 crores.Mukesh Ambani is followed by the chairman of the Piramal Group, Ajay Piramal who donated 200 crores.
- Who was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Marshall Islands?
1) Sanjay Kumar Verma
2) Arun Kumar Singh
3) Vijay Keshav Gokhale
4) Nirupama Rao
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sanjay Kumar Verma
Shri Sanjay Kumar Verma (IFS: 1998), presently Ambassador of India to Japan, has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Marshall Islands, with residence in Tokyo.
- Name the US-based virtual search start-up acquired by Facebook to boost AI capabilities?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) GrokStyle
In an attempt to enable users shop better using Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities, Facebook has acquired US-based virtual search start-up, GrokStyle, at an undisclosed amount. GrokStyle was founded in 2015 and is based in San Francisco, USA.
- Where is the second indigenously developed ‘Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet’ (SFDR), propulsion-based missile system tested?
4) ITR Kochi,Kerala
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) ITR, Chandipur, Odisha
The second indigenously developed ‘Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet’ (SFDR), propulsion-based missile system was successfully flight tested from ITR, Chandipur, Odisha, by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on Friday.Unlike conventional rockets that carry propellant and oxidizer, Ramjet uses the air as an oxidizer just like a jet engine, and hence, the weight of the fuel required is eliminated.SFDR propulsion is designed in such a way that it allows for an up and down throttling which further lets the missile to amplify its speed until it reached the terminal phase of flight. The speed increases until the point when sharp turns are required to search for highly manoeuvring targets.
- Which Indian Cricketer now holds the fifth position for Striking the Maximum number of Sixes in International Cricket?
2) Rohit Sharma
3) Virat Kohli
4) Cheteshwar Pujara
5) None of theseAnswer – 2)Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma had completed 100 sixes in T20 Internationals. He also pipped MS Dhoni to hold the record for most sixes by an Indian in international cricket.He had striked 349 sixes, just one above Dhoni.He Stands Fifth Globally. Shahid Afridi and Chris Gayle jointly topped the coveted list with a total of 476 sixes each.Both are followed by Kiwi’s Brendon McCullum at 398 sixes. Sri Lanka’s explosive opener Sanath Jayasuriya is fourth with 352 sixes.
- Name the Bollywood actor,who was last acted in the Govinda’s film ‘Rangeela Raja’ passed away recently in Mumbai?
1) Narendra Jha
2) Kavi Kumar Azad
3) Mahesh Anand
4) Kader Khan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mahesh Anand
Hindi film actor Mahesh Anand passed away at age of 57 in Mumbai. Mahesh Anand, was best known for negative roles in the movies of 80s and 90s.The villainous actor was last acted in the Govinda’s film ‘Rangeela Raja’.
- Who was the writer of the book “Law, Justice and Judicial Power – Justice P N Bhagwati’s Approach”,which is released by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
1) Mool Chand Sharma
2) Ramachandra Guha
3) Shashi Tharoor
4) Sir Ahmed Salman Rushdie
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Mool Chand Sharma
The book “Law, Justice and Judicial Power – Justice P N Bhagwati’s Approach” written by Mool Chand Sharma was launched by the Chief Justice of India, Shri Justice Ranjan Gogoi. The first edition of the book was received by President Ramnath Govind.Justice Bhagwati aka “father of public interest litigation in India”also referred to as “harbinger of environmental jurisprudence” and a “judicial statesman”.
- When was the First ever World Pulses day is Celebrated?
1) February 7
2) February 8
3) February 9
4) February 10
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) February 10
February 10, 2019, was the first-ever World Pulses Day, a United Nations global event to celebrate pulses worldwide and continue the important gains made with the 2016 International Year of Pulses.
In December 2013, the United Nations (UN) General Assembly voted unanimously to declare 2016 as the International Year of Pulses (IYP), to celebrate, raise awareness and promote the consumption of pulses at events around the globe.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the Headquarter of International Labour Organization (ILO) located?Answer – Geneva, Switzerland
- Who is the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare? Answer – Jagat Prakash Nadda
- What is the Capital and Currency of Marshall Islands?Answer – Capital- Majuro ; Currency- US Dollar
- Which year was celebrated as the International Year of Pulses?Answer – 2016
- Who is the Prime Minister of Japan?Answer – Shinzo Abe