AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs February 10 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which City will host the 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the UN Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS) in the year 2020?
2) Washington, D.C.,U.S
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Gandhinagar,Gujarat,India
13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the UN Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS) to be held in Gujarat in 2020.The Government also launched a website for the COP-13. CMS-COP 13 is a global platform for the conservation and sustainable use of migratory species and their habitats. It has over 120 participating countries.So far, 12 COPs (Conference of Parties) have been convened.COP-13 will be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat from 15 – 22 February, 2020.
- Which of the following is the Mascot of 13th Conference of Parties (COP),as per notification released by Union Environment Minister,Dr. Harsh Vardhan?
2) Bhin bhin
3) Great Indian Bustard (GIB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Great Indian Bustard (GIB)
Union Environment Minister, Dr. Harsh Vardhan,on Friday announced the Great Indian Bustard (GIB) as the mascot for the 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the UN Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS) to be held in Gujarat in 2020.The Government also launched a website for the COP-13. CMS-COP 13 is a global platform for the conservation and sustainable use of migratory species and their habitats. It has over 120 participating countries.So far, 12 COPs (Conference of Parties) have been convened.
- Name the Scheme launched by Union Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Shri Suresh Prabhu to provide a platform for women’s Self Help Groups (SHGs) to showcase their innovations and entrepreneurial skill?
1) Saakshar Bharat Mission
2) Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan
3) Kifayati Aawas Yojna
4) Hirkani Maharashtrachi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Hirkani Maharashtrachi
On February 9,2019,Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu launched two schemes,the Hirkani Maharashtrachi and District Business Plan Competition in Mumbai.Under Hirkani Maharashtrachi, women’s SHGs will display their business plan at taluka level. Ten groups will be selected from each taluka and Rs. 50,000 will be given to each SHG to implement their idea.Five SHGs at district level will be selected and Rs. 2 lakh will be given to each SHG to take the idea forward.Under District Business Plan Competition, competitors at district level will display ideas, out of which five ideas will be selected from agriculture, social service, education and Work order worth Rs. 5 lakh will be given to the 5 selected ideas to implement the same.
- Which Ministry launched the 8th round of National Deworming Day campaign inorder to reduce the prevalence of Soil Transmitted Helminths(STH)?
1) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation
4) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
On February 8,2019,The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) conducted its eighth round of National Deworming Day (NDD) with a objective to reduce the prevalence of Soil Transmitted Helminths (STH) or parasitic intestinal worms so that there will be no longer be public health problem.The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW)envisioned an open-defecation-free India which holds the capacity to reduce the overall worm burden in a community.
- Which of the following launched by Election Commission of India during Voter Verification and Information Programme (VVIP)?
i. Election Commission of India (ECI) launched a Voter Verification and Information Programme (VVIP) for citizens to verify their details, change the details, new registration and corrections.
ii. The voter helpline number is 1920.
iii. ECI also launched a ‘PwD app’ to enable Persons with Disabilities (PWD) to request to change in address, change in particulars and new registration by using mobile application.
1) Option i is Correct
2) Option i and ii are Correct
3) Option i,ii and iii are Correct
4) Option i and iii are Correct
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Option i and iii are Correct
On 8th February 2019, Election Commission of India (ECI) launched a Voter Verification and Information Programme (VVIP) for citizens to verify their details, change the details, new registration and corrections. The programme focus on 2019 General Election. The ECI has set up helpline centres in all districts in India. The voter helpline number is 1950 and they are well equipped with to help callers with latest information.VVIP technology was launched during 2day training cum workshop on the use of Information and Communication Technology which was held in New Delhi.ECI also launched a ‘PwD app’ to enable Persons with Disabilities (PWD) to request to change in address, change in particulars and new registration by using mobile application.Voter Helpline app was also launched which will help voters to check their names in electoral roll, submit online forms, application status checking and complaints filing.
- Where was the fifth edition of two-day Bengal Global Summit held?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rajarhat,kolkata
On February 7,2019, The fifth edition of West Bengal Global Business Summit was inaugurated by state Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.It is a two day summit held in Rajarhat,kolkata. West Bengal bagged over Rs. 40,000 crore worth of investment proposals from Reliance, Group, ITC and others multinational companies on the first day of the business summit. The summit came to an end with West Bengal government signing 86 agreements entailing business proposals worth 2.84 lakh crore. The U.K. India Business Council (UKIBC) signed an MoU to work on promoting trade and investment.West Bengal with a Gross State Domestic Product of USD 155.32 billion is the 4th largest contributor to India’s GDP and 6th contributor to India’s manufacturing GDP.
- According to the fourth Deficit Budget,presented by Assam’s Finance Minister Himanta Biswas the widows below age 45 is given financial support of how much amount?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs.25000
Assam’s Finance Minister, Himanta Biswas has presented the fourth Deficit Budget of the state for the fiscal year 2019-20 in the legislative assembly which amounts to 1,193 crore.This budget is the 2nd digital budget of the state.The total revenue of the budget in comparison with previous has increased by 20% and the total expenditure has crossed 70,000 crore. Widows below 45 years will be given immediate support of Rs. 25,000. The budget mainly focuses on dimensions of social security and capital expenditure.Brides will be given one tola gold belonging to families having income of less than Rs. 5 lakh per annum.Students who passes in 12th class examination with first division will be given e-bike. Rice would be sold at Rs.1 per kg to benefit poor families.
- How many funds is allocated to build 1 lakh concrete houses in Cyclone Gaja affected areas by TamilNadu government while Presenting its States Budget 2019-20?
1) Rs.1500 Crore
2) Rs.2000 Crore
3) Rs.1200 Crore
4) Rs. 1700 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Rs. 1700 crore
Tamil Nadu’s Deputy Chief Minister, O Panneerselvam presented the state budget for the Fiscal Year 2019-20. Total revenue of the budget has been pegged at Rs. 1,97,721 crore. The Revenue Deficit of the budget would be Rs. 14,315 crore and Fiscal Deficit would be of Rs. 44,176 crore with no new taxes. Rs. 1700 crore will be allocated for 1 lakh concrete houses which are to be built in Cyclone Gaja affected areas to replace damaged houses and huts. Rs. 13,606 has been allocated for the development of ports and highways.
- Which High Court had passed the verdict that banks cannot be absolved of the liability for unauthorized withdrawals from their customers’ accounts?
1) New Delhi High Court
2) Kerala High Court
3) Allahabad High Court
4) Rajasthan High Court
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kerala High Court
On February 5,2019,The Kerala High Court Justice P B Suresh Kumar, ordered that banks cannot be absolved of the liability for unauthorized withdrawals from their customers’ accounts.This judgment have been released after the appeal made by SBI against a lower court’s order to compensate a customer who lost Rs 2.4 lakh due to unauthorized withdrawals.While dismissing the appeal of SBI, the court clarified that SMS alerts cannot be the basis to determine the liability of a customer, as there would be account holders who do not check SMS alerts regularly .
- Which State/UT will houses the Second Longest Railway Tunnel in the Country,which will connect the upcoming Vizhinjam International Multipurpose Deepwater Seaport to the railway network?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Kerala
Kerala to get country’s 2nd longest rail tunnel.A 10.7-km railway line, including a 9.02-km tunnel, has been proposed to connect the upcoming Vizhinjam International Multipurpose Deepwater Seaport to the railway network.
- Name the 6th edition of 5-day multinational maritime exercise that was held in Karachi,Pakistan in which 46 Countries Participated?
4) Mitra Shakti
5)None of theseAnswer – 3) AMAN-19
The 5-day multinational maritime exercise ‘AMAN-19’ in which 46 nations participated from all over the world was formally commenced at Pakistan Navy Dockyard, with a colorful flag hosting ceremony. Principal aim to conduct this exercise is to facilitate a forum of understanding of each other’s maritime concepts and operation cultures and to produce ways and means to confront common threat at sea. The exercise will have 2 phases- Harbour phase and sea phase.
- First time in History, Asian Development Bank(ADB) had raised $100 million in international market by using which bonds?
1) Euro-linked bonds
2) Peso-linked bonds
3) Dinar-linked bonds
4) Shilling-linked bonds
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Peso-linked bonds
On 8th February 2019, The Asian Development Bank raised $100 million from peso-linked bonds in the international market. It was their maiden issue of Philippine peso. Earlier in 2005 and 2007 ADB issued bond in the Philippine domestic capital market but it was the first time to mobilize Philippine peso funding from international investors through a currency linked structure. The move will help to reduce foreign exchange risk for ADB’s borrowers and support its growing local currency lending operations in Philippines.
- How much is the new limit decided by RBI for Bulk Deposits inorder to enhance operational freedom of Banks?
1) 2 Crore
2) 1 Crore
4) 1 Lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 2 Crore
On 7th February 2019, Reserve Bank of India decided to treat deposits to over Rs.2 crore as ‘bulk’ as they doubled the limit for the same from the earlier Rs.1crore. This move will enhance operational freedom of Banks. RBI also proposed banks would maintain their bulk deposits interest rate cards in the core banking system for supervisory review. National Federation of Urban Cooperative Banks and Credit Societies Limited (NAFCUB) has suggested this proposal. The decision in proposal for setting up an Umbrella Organization (UO) for urban cooperative banks in pending with RBI.
- Which bank has been penalized with Rs 1.5 crore for not monitoring fund use and fraud reporting delay?
1) Canara Bank
2) Andhra Bank
3) Allahabad Bank
4) Corporation Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Allahabad Bank
On Feb. 8 2019, Allahabad Bank said the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 1.5 crore on them for not monitoring end use of funds, delay in classification and reporting of fraud and non-adherence with RBI guidelines during restructuring of accounts in respect of one of its borrowers.
- Which Organisation penalized the United India Insurance for violation of regulations,circular and guidelines on rates and discounts?
1) Reserve Bank of India
2) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
3) Small Industries Development Bank of India
4) National Bank For Agriculture & Rural Development
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India,has imposed a fine of Rs nine lakh on state-owned United India Insurance.Insurance regulator IRDAI,imposed a sum of 5 lakh imposed for violation of regulations such as assigning of surveyors and submitting reports,insurer offering a settlement to the insured as well as paying the claim to the insured.The balance 4 lakh – 1 lakh each was for violations of circular and guidelines on rates and discounts an insurer can offer .
- At what Percent the growth rate of Himachal Pradesh is projected by Economic Survey Report for 2018-19?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 7.3%
Economic Survey Report for 2018-19 has projected the growth rate in Himachal Pradesh to be around 7.3% for the current financial year, 2018-19, while the per capita income is estimated at Rs 1,76,968. Economic growth was 6.5% in the last fiscal, highest in last 3 years.Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) in current fiscal has increased to Rs 1,36,542 crore and estimated to be about Rs 1,51,835 crore in 2018-19.
- Which Organisation won the Aegis Graham Bell Award 2018 for ‘Innovation in Data Science’?
1) Yes Bank
2) Indian Institute of Science
3) Indian Space Research Organisation
4) National Aeronautics and Space Administration
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Yes Bank
On Feb. 1 2019, Aegis Graham Bell Award 2018 announced Yes Bank as winner in ‘Innovation in Data Science’ category for their industry-first project ‘Yes EEE (Engage Enrich Excel)’ at Panaji, Goa. It was hosted by the Government of Goa.
- Late Lance Naik Wani was conferred with ____________award by Ranbir Singh while Presenting Gallantry and Distinguished Service Awards to army officers?
1) Vir Chakra
2) Kirti Chakra
3) Shaurya Chakra
4) Bar to Sena Medal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bar to Sena Medal
Lieutenant General Ranbir Singh, GOC-in-C (General Officer Commanding), Northern Command, presented Gallantry and Distinguished Service Awards to army officers, other ranks and next of kin (for posthumous awards).The army commander presented 1 Bar to Sena Medal (Gallantry), 76 Sena Medals (Gallantry), 7 Sena Medals (Distinguished)and 8 Vishist Seva Medals.Lance Naik Wani was conferred with the Bar to Sena Medal (Gallantry), received by his wife on his behalf.The brave soldier had sacrificed his life while combating terrorists at Batagund Village in Jammu & Kashmir in November 2018. 20 units were also awarded for their overall outstanding performance in the Command Theatre in the year 2018.
- Who was conferred with Lifetime Achievement Award by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television?
1) Deepa Mehta
2) Amitabh Bachchan
3) Steven Spielberg
4) Stanley Kubrick
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Deepa Mehta
Acclaimed Indo-Canadian filmmaker, Deepa Mehta will be conferred with Lifetime Achievement Award by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television. This award will be presented in privilege of Deepa’s enormous impact and impression she has had on the essence of Canada’s entertainment industry. Deepa Mehta is best known for her trilogy- “Fire”, “Earth” and “Water”. Deepa Mehta was born in India but she had shifted to Canada in 1973 after her marriage. She is currently engaged on Netflix series “Leila”.
- Who has been appointed as the Union Sports Secretary?
1) Amarendra Kumar Dubey
2) Rahul Bhatnagar
3) Radheyshyam Julaniya
4) Uma Bharti
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Radheyshyam Julaniya
IAS officer (Madhya Pradesh cadre), Radheyshyam Julaniya will replace Rahul Bhatnagar as the Union Sports Secretary.Bhatnagar has been released by the Sports Ministry and is set to join the Ministry on Panchayati Raj.Notable achievements of the Sports Ministry during the tenure of Mr. Rahul Bhatnagar include opening of the National Sports University, Khelo India Youth Games, hosting international tournaments like Hockey World Cup in Bhubaneshwar and World Women’s Boxing Championship in New Delhi.
- Name the Helicopter-launched anti-tank missile,that is test fired in Balasore, Odisha?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Helina
India test-fired Helina, a helicopter-launched version of the Nag anti-tank guided missile, with a hit range of 7-8 km, from the Odisha Coast. Helina was launched from an Army chopper and the weapon system was tested for its full range at 12:55 PM near the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur in the Balasore District of Odisha.Developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Helina is said to be one of the most advanced anti-tank weapons in the world. It is guided by an Infrared Imaging Seeker (IIR)operating in the lock-on-before-launch mode.
- Which Player has become the first Indian to smash 100 sixes in T20 Cricket?
1) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
2) Virat Kohli
3) Rohit Sharma
4) Cheteshwar Pujara
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rohit Sharma
Indian opener Rohit Sharma became the first man from his country to smash a century of sixes in T20I cricket in the second T20 between India and New Zealand held in Eden park in New Zealand.He made his T20I debut against England but played his first innings against South Africa in 2007 T20I . Rohit Sharma surpassed Martin Guptill to become the highest scorer in T20 Internationals with 102 sixes.
- Who has been appointed as the assistant coach for Australia cricket team for 2019 World Cup?
1) Ricky Ponting
2) Aaron Finch
3) Tim Paine
4) Usman Khawaja
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ricky Ponting
On 8th February 2019, Cricket Austra lia appointed Ricky Ponting as assistant coach for Australia’s cricket team for 2019 World Cup. He had won world cup for three times. The main coach for Australian Cricket team is Justin Langer. Ponting was appointed after David Saker’s resignation from the post.Ricky Ponting worked as assistant for Australia’s T20 in 2017 and 2018. The current batting coach for the team is Graeme Hicks.ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Scheduled to be hosted by England and Wales from 30th May to 14th July 2019.Ponting play 375 ODI’s and 168 tests for Australia. He won the World Cup for the 1st time in 1999 before captaining and in 2003 and in 2003 and 2007.
- International Paralympics Committee (IPC) has lifted ban on which country’s para athletes under certain conditions?
3) Sri lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Russia
On 8th February 2019, International Paralympics Committee (IPC) lifted the ban on Russian Para athletes under certain conditions. The ban was active since August 2016.Russian Paralympic Committee was suspended and Russian athlete were banned from Rio de Janeiro Paralympic by IPC on August 2016. IPC modified the decision as Russian Paralympic Committee had met 69 of the 70 reinstatement criteria outlined in 2016.IPC plans to arise additional conditions and reinstatement Russia on 15th March. Russia had made insufficient efforts to restore its status as per IPC.Russian Para athletes after clearing severe doping tests will only be allowed to participate in 2020 Tokyo Games. It will be the first time in six years for Russia to compete.
- Who was the Five time Oscar nominated actor,died in London on February 9,2019?
1) Jack Nicholson
2) Albert Finney
3) Walter Brennan
4) Daniel Day-Lewis
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Albert Finney
On February 9,2019,Five time Oscar nominated actor Albert Finney died at the age of 82 due to chest infection in London. The veteran actor was best known for his roles in Tom Jones, Erin Brockovich and Annie.
- What is the name of the India’s Oldest Captive Elephant that died at the age of 88 in Kerala?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dakshayani
India’s Oldest Captive Dakshayani Elephant Dies At 88 in kerala.Dakshayani lived at the Chengallur Mahadeva Temple in Kerala state in southern India, and had taken part in many rituals and processions.
- When was the National Cleft Day is Observed?
1) February 9
2) February 7
3) February 8
4) February 10
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) February 8
National Cleft Day is Observed on February 8,2019.India’s first toll free national cleft helpline named Smile Train India cleft Helpline launched by Smile Train India on National Cleft Day.The number 18001038301 is accessible to people throughout India and they can receive 100% free, quality and safe cleft treatment.It will create awareness about cleft surgery support by Smile Train and their partner hospitals across India.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the President of Pakistan?Answer – Arif Alvi
- Where is the Head quarter of Asian Development Bank (ADB) located?Answer – Manila, Philippines
- Who is the MD & CEO of Allahabad Bank?Answer – S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- What is the Capital and Currency of Canada?Answer – Capital- Ottawa; Currency- Canadian Dollar
- Which Country will host the 2024 Summer Olympics?Answer – Paris, France