Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- How many MoUs have been signed between India and Qatar during two-day visit of Qatar Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani to India on December 2, 2016?
Answer – C.5
Qatar Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani arrived in New Delhi on December 2, 2016 on a two day visit to India.India and Qatar signed 5 agreements in areas such as visas, cyberspace and investments.
- Which Country will host FIFA World Cup 2022?
Answer – A.Qatar
The 2022 FIFA World Cup will be hosted by Qatar. During a meeting between Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al Thani and Home Minister Rajnath Singh, India on December 3, 2016, India agreed to train Qatars police for the FIFA World Cup 2022.
- Which state launched the International Birds Festival on December 4, 2016 to promote eco-tourism in the state and declare it as an international bird-watching destination?
Answer – B.Uttar Pradesh
In order to promote eco-tourism in Uttar Pradesh and to declare it as an international bird watching destination, UP Eco-tourism has organized a three-day international festival on birds from 2nd to 4th December 2016 at the National Chambal Sanctuary in the Bah tehsil , Agra.
- Which district in Assam has become the first to pay wages to Tea Garden Workers through individual bank accounts after the state government’s direction to adopt cashless transaction before December 15?
Answer – D.Hailakandi
Hailakandi has become the first district in Assam to pay wages to Tea Garden Workers through individual bank accounts before the December 15 deadline set by the state government for cashless transactions to the plantation workers.
- RBI on December 4, 2016 announced to issue new Rs. 20 and Rs. 50 notes to ease the currency crunch due to demonetization decision. Which of the following statements is true?
A.The old notes of Rs 20 and Rs 50 will no more remain legal tender after introduction of new notes
B.The new notes will have the signature of RBI Governor Raghu Ram Rajan
C.The year ‘2016’ will be printed on the reverse of the banknotes.
D.The new Rs 20 notes will have the inset letter ‘R’ in both the number panels.
Answer – C.The year ‘2016’ will be printed on the reverse of the banknotes.
The Reserve Bank of India made an announcement on December 4, 2016 that it will shortly issue new Rs 50 and Rs 20 notes bearing the signature of new Governor Urjit Patel, however, existing banknotes of both denominations will continue to be legal tender. The year ‘2016’ will be printed on the reverse of the banknotes. The new Rs 50 notes won’t have inset letters in the number panels and the new Rs 20 notes will have the inset letter ‘L’ in both the number panels.
- In order to mop up extra liquidity from the system in view of demonetisation, the Government and the Reserve Bank on December 2, 2016 has sharply raised the Market Stabilisation Scheme (MSS) from Rs 30,000 crore to Rs. ________?
A.Rs. 6 lakh crore
B.Rs. 10 lakh crore
C.Rs. 1 lakh crore
D.Rs. 5 lakh crore
Answer – A.Rs. 6 lakh crore
In order to manage the extra liquidity from the system after the demonetisation, government and the Reserve Bank of India has sharply raised the Market Stabilisation Scheme (MSS) ceiling to Rs. 6 lakh crore from Rs. 30,000 crore on December 2, 2016.
- Name the poet who will be honoured with the prestigious Gangadhar National Award for the year 2015 by the Sambalpur University on the occasion of the foundation day of the University in January 2017.
B.Rajendra Kishore Panda
D.Soubhagya Kumar Mishra
Answer – C.Leeladhar Jagoori
Eminent Hindi poet Leeladhar Jagoori will be honoured with the prestigious Gangadhar National Award for the year 2015 by the Sambalpur University on the occasion of the foundation day of the University in January 2017.
- Who has been crowned as Miss Supranational 2016 at a grand ceremony in Krynica Zdroj, Poland on December 2, 2016?
Answer – D.Srinidhi Shetty
Mangaluru girl, Srinidhi Shetty was crowned Miss Supranational 2016 at a grand ceremony in Krynica Zdroj, Poland on December 2, 2016. She also won the title of Miss Asia-Oceania.
- What is the name of the website launched by Tasmania-based Women’s Legal Service in collaboration with TRS Law Offices India to educate Indian women about their legal rights?
Answer – B.www.girlsgottaknow.in
Tasmania-based Women’s Legal Service in collaboration with TRS Law Offices, India has launched a website, www.Girlsgottaknow.in, for women in India to educate them about their legal rights.
- What is the latest BWF World Ranking of the Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu as on December 1, 2016?
Answer – C.7
Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu, has jumped two places to achieve her career-best ranking of Seven in the latest BWF World Ranking. Sindhu, has a total of 68,699 ranking points. Saina Nehwal is at 10th spot.
- In which country the Scientists have discovered the world’s first polluted river, which is contaminated about 7,000 years ago by the combustion of copper?
Answer – B.Jordan
Scientists have discovered the world’s first polluted river, in the now dry riverbed in the Wadi Faynan region of southern Jordan. The river may be contaminated about 7,000 years ago by Neolithic humans who may have been producing copper metals from ores. Professor Russell Adams from the University of Waterloo in Canada, and colleagues found evidence of early pollution caused by the combustion of copper.
- Indian women cricket team has defeated which country to win the Asia Cup Twenty20 final tournament held at the Asian Institute of Technology Ground in Bangkok on December 4, 2016?
Answer – C.Pakistan
Indian women cricket team defeated rivals Pakistan by 17 runs in the Asia Cup Twenty20 final tournament held at the Asian Institute of Technology Ground in Bangkok on December 4, 2016.
- Name the Golf Player who won the 2016 Panasonic Open India title
Answer – A.Mukesh Kumar
Indian Golfer Mukesh Kumar became the oldest golfer to win an Asian Tour title on December 4, 2016 at Delhi Golf Club (DGC) after winning the Panasonic Open IndiA.The 51-year-old Mukesh, who has won 123 PGTI titles, scored two-under 70 in the final round which made his total to 10-under 206 to claim the trophy.
- When is the Navy Day observed?
Answer – C.December 4
The 45th Navy Day was observed on 4 December 2016. The day is observed every year on December 4, to celebrate the magnificence, achievements and role of the naval force to the country.
- Which is the capital city of Qatar ?
Answer – B.Doha
Capital: Doha and Currency: Qatari riyal