AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs December 25 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs December 2018
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the highest denomination in the form of a coin worth _____ rupees, on commemoration of the birth anniversary of late prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, on 25th December 2018?
1) Rs 50
2) Rs 75
3) Rs 100
4) Rs 200
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs 100
On December 24, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative Rs 100 coin in memory of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This Rs 100 currency will be the highest denomination in the form of a coin and comes weeks after the government introduced Rs. 200 denomination notes for the first time. The coin was released on commemoration of the birth anniversary of the late Pm on December 25, which is also celebrated as ‘Good Governance Day’. Following are the features of the coin:
• One side depicts the picture of the late PM along with his name inscribed on it.
• On the bottom of the same face 1924 and 2018 are inscribed to mark the years of Mr Vajpayee’s birth and death
• The other has the Ashoka Pillar Lion Capitol with the words ‘Satyamev Jayate’ inscribed at the bottom. It also has ‘India’ carved in Engish and ‘Bharat’ carved in Devanagari script.
• It weighs 135 grams and is made of 4 metals viz. Silver(50%), Copper (40%), Zinc (5%) and Nickel (5%).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative stamp on the National Police Memorial, at the Conference of Director Generals of Police, held in Narmada district, Gujarat, on 23rd December 2018. Where is National Police Memorial located?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer -2) New Delhi
On 23rd December 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the website of the Cyber Coordination Centre on the concluding day of 3-Day Conference of Director Generals of Police, which was organized at Kevadiya in Narmada district of Gujarat. A one stop shop on all cyber related issues, whether it is cybercrime or cyber security, the Cyber Coordination Centre is focused on improving cyber security in the country and on preparing the Police forces to prevent and investigate cybercrimes and financial frauds. It would also act as bridge between law enforcement agencies on the one hand, and academia and private cyber security professionals on the other. Prime Minister Narendra Modi also released a commemorative stamp on the National Police Memorial located in New Delhi, on the occasion besides releasing a special issue of Indian Police Journal on Police martyrdom, published by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D).
- India’s first music museum will be set up with assistance from the Central government in ______?
1) Mysuru, Karnataka
2) Thiruvaiyaru, Tamil Nadu
3) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
4) Nashik, Maharashtra
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Thiruvaiyaru, Tamil Nadu
On December 23, 2018, the State Minister for Culture and Tamil Development Shri K Pandiarajan announced setting up of the country’s first music museum in Thiruvaiyaru, Tamilnadu. The venue chosen for the project is the birth place of Saint Tyagaraja, one of the Trinities of Carnatic music. The museum will be set up with assistance from the Central government.
- Which state houses the Lalitgiri Archaeological Museum inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24thDecember 2018?
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Odisha
On December 24, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on a one-day visit to the state of Odisha. He inaugurated the Lalitgiri Archaeological Museum. Lalitgiri in Odisha is a famous Buddhist centre of archaeological importance, comprising Stupa, Viharas (monasteries) and images of Lord Buddha.
- Where was the 6th edition of Yuva Natya Samaroh, a theatre festival of five young directors, held from 22nd to 26th December 2018?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On 22nd December 2018, Sahitya Kala Parishad, Department of Art, Culture and Languages, Government of Delhi, organized the sixth edition of five-day long Yuva Natya Samaroh at Kamani Auditorium in New Delhi. The event will conclude on 26th December. It is a theatre festival of five young directors with some of the best modern, mythological as well as Parsi style drama. The festival will start with the famous and well-discussed story by Mithileshwar titled Babuji and directed by Rajesh Singh while the Parsi play Safed Khoon directed by Samiruddin (Javed Sameer), will be presented on the last day of the festival.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated and dedicated the new campus of IIT-Bhubaneswarat built at a cost of 1660 crore rupees at _____
1) Aragul, Odisha
2) Sambalpur, Odisha
3) Berhampur, Odisha
4) Balasore, Odisha
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Aragul, Odisha
On December 24, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on a one-day visit to the state of Odisha. On his day long visit to Odisha, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated projects worth around Rs 15,000 crore in Odisha. These projects part of Mr Modi’s vision of ‘Purbodaya – a prosperous East for building a new India’. They consist of projects related to health, road and highways, higher education and culture. A brief description of the projects are as follows: The Prime Minister inaugurated and dedicated the new campus of IIT-Bhubaneswarat Aragul built at a cost of 1660 crore rupees. IIT Bhubaneswar would spur the industrial development of Odisha, and work towards technology to improve the lives of the people.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative stamp and coin on the Paika Rebellion (Paika Bidroha) fought against British rule in which state in 1817, as this year marks the 200th anniversary of the rebellion?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer -3) Odisha
On December 24, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on a one-day visit to the state of Odisha. He also released a commemorative stamp and coin on the Paika Rebellion. The Paika Rebellion (Paika Bidroha) was fought against British rule, in Odisha in 1817. This year marks 200thanniversary of the 1817Rebellion led by Buxi Jagabandhu of Khorda district against the Britishers. He also announced setting up of a Chair on the Paika Rebellion, in Utkal University, Bhubaneswar. Mr Modi also inaugurated ESIC hospital in Bhubaneshwar costing 73.5 crore rupees.
- Where was the Centre for Agricultural Research and Training set up by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) in collaboration with Eklavya foundation inaugurated on 23rd December 2018?
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Telangana
Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated a Centre for Agricultural Research and Training in Telangana on 23rd December 2018 for imparting training to farmers in organic farming using the latest technology. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), in collaboration with Eklavya foundation, has set up the Centre as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Pradhan inaugurated the CSR project for the construction of hostel, classrooms, computer labs and administrative block at the Centre meant to benefit more than 3500 farmers and 200 students and consumers by way of promoting organic farming.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) in collaboration with which state government launched a special card called PNB Rupay card, for Kumbh Mela 2019?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Uttar Pradesh
On December 23, 2018, State-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) in collaboration with Uttar Pradesh government launched a special card called PNB Rupay card, for Kumbh Mela 2019. It is aimed to create a model for digitization at this edition of Kumbh Mela for convenient and hassle-free transactions for the participating 12 crore devotees. This product can be used even in absence of internet.
- Who was awarded Drivers’ Driver of the Year award after claiming the 5th World Drivers’ Championship, on 22nd December 2018?
1) Sebastian Vettel
2) Lewis Hamilton
3) Fernando Alonso
4) Max Verstappen
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Lewis Hamilton
On December 22, 2018, Lewis Hamilton was awarded Drivers’ Driver of the Year after claiming the 5th World Drivers’ Championship. After this he became the 3rd man in history to secure the 5th world title. This was a part of vote given by the F1 management for the first time among 17 of the 20 drivers participating in the event. He was followed by Max Verstappen in the second place, Fernando Alonso in the third place. The top 5 was closed off by Sebastian Vettel (4th) and Daniel Ricciardo in the 5th place.
- Which organisation won 17 awards, which is the highest number of awards won by a single organisation in the ‘National Energy Conservation awards 2018’ held in New Delhi, on 14th December 2018?
1) Indian Railways
2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
3) Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Indian Railways
On December 14, 2018, the Indian Railways won 17 awards in the National Energy Conservation awards 2018’ held in New Delhi. This was the highest number of awards bagged by a single organisation. It took part in 3 categories namely, railway stations, hospitals and institutions, out of the five major categories. The awards are as follows:
• Under‘transport’ category, railways obtained 10 awards for subsector railway station.
• Under ‘building’ category, it bagged threeawards for subsector Railway hospitals.
• Under ‘institution’category, it got four awards for subsector state PWD, CPWD and PHED.
10 awards for railway stations were given in the subsector in which,
• Vidisha railway station in Madhya Pradesh won the 1st prize,
• Jamnagar Station in Gujarat got the second prize.
• seven certificates of merit were given to Dwarka, Rajkot, Surendranagar, Hyderabad, Nizamabad, Guwahati, Jaipur and Kazipet
In the hospitals sector, the following got the 3 awards:
• Izzatnagar division which won the first prize,
• Railway Hospital of Rajkot division got the second prize and
• certificate of merit was given to the Railway Hospital of Ratlam division.
Four awards for state PWD subsector include
• Passenger reservation system complex building of Secunderabad division which won the first prize,
• Rail Soudha zone HQ office building got the 2nd prize and
• certificates of merit to rail Nilayam in Secunderabad and Hyderabad Bhawan (DRM Hyderabad office) in Secunderabad.
- Who will replace United States Defence Secretary Jim Mattis as acting Pentagon chief on January 1, 2019?
1) Frank Gallagher
2) Patrick Shanahan
3) Mike Delfino
4) Arthur Peres
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Patrick Shanahan
On 23rd December 2018, United States President Donald Trump announced through a tweet that Defence Secretary Jim Mattis will be replaced by his deputy Patrick Shanahan as acting Pentagon chief on January 1, 2019 the date which is two months earlier than planned. Earlier Jim Mattis, had announced his resignation on 21st December 2018 due to strong policy differences with Mr Trump especially on Trump’s Syria troop with drawl move but offered to stay on for two months in order to facilitate a smooth transition. Mr Shanahan, is a former executive at the aerospace giant Boeing, joined the Pentagon in July 2017 after Mr Trump nominated him and was reportedly a vocal supporter of the president’s plan to establish a sixth branch of the armed forces, known as the “space force”.
- Name the new exotic planet discovered by researchers outside our solar system in the constellation Cassiopeia, which is called “super-Earth”, and is five times the mass of Earth?
1) HD219134 b
2) SD687999 s
3) GY789700 d
4) FX126888 r
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) HD219134 b
On December 22, 2018, located 21 light years away in the constellation Cassiopeia, a shimmering “super-Earth”, five times the mass of Earth, dubbed as HD219134 b was discovered. Unlike the Earth, however, it most likely does not have a massive core of iron, but is rich in calcium and aluminium alongside magnesium and silicon. It shimmers red to blue like rubies and sapphires, because these gemstones are aluminium oxides which are common on the exoplanet. According to the researchers it is one of three candidates likely to belong to a new exotic class of exoplanets. The other two exoplanets studied were 55 Cancri e and WASP-47 e. The study was published in the journal Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society: Letters.
- _____ launched the U.S. Air Force’s newest ‘Global Positioning System (GPS) III’ satellite nicknamed “Vespucci,” on a Falcon 9 rocket from Florida, USA, on 23rd December 2018?
1) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
3) European Space Agency (ESA)
4) Canadian Space Agency (CSA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) SpaceX
On December 23, 2018, SpaceX launched the U.S. Air Force’s newest ‘GPS III’ satellite on a Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, USA. The solar-powered spacecraft, dubbed “Vespucci,” is the company’s first official “National Security Space” mission. Vespucci’s nickname honours Italian cartographer and explorer Amerigo Vespucci, after whom North and South America were named. It was competed through the Air Force’s Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle program. The successful GPS III SV01 mission marked SpaceX’s 21st and final launch of 2018, beating the company’s 2017 flight rate of 18 launches.
- A tsunami following a volcanic eruption hit the Sunda Strait between Java and Sumatra islands of which country and caused heavy damage to the people, on 22nd December 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Indonesia
On 22nd December 2018, a tsunami following a volcanic eruption hits the Sunda Strait between Java and Sumatra islands of Indonesia without any early warning causing heavy damage to the holidaymakers and residents of coastal areas. The tsunami was caused by an underwater landslide when a chunk of the volcanic Anak Krakatau island slipped into the ocean. The tsunami was triggered by a volcano rather than earthquake due to which early warning could not be generated. Indonesia do not have an early warning system for landslides or volcanic eruptions. It was announced by Indonesia’s Disaster agency said that it will have to create a new tsunami early warning system. In the tsunami, more than 373 people were killed, thousands were injured and many buildings were heavily damaged.
- How many weightlifters were provisionally suspended by International Weightlifting Federation on 24thDecember 2018, after the reanalysis of weightlifters’ urine samples collected during 2012 London Olympics?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 5
On 24th December 2018, The International Weightlifting Federation announced in Paris that five weightlifters have been provisionally suspended after the reanalysis of weightlifters’ urine samples collected during 2012 London Olympics. The Weightlifters who are banned are Ukrainian Oleksiy Torokhtiy, Uzbek Ruslan Nurudinov, Valentin Hristov of Azerbaijan, Armenia’s Meline Daluzyan and Belarusian Mikalai Novikau.
- Jai Narain Prasad Nishad died after a prolonged illness in Delhi on 24th December 2018. He was a _____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Politician
On 24th December 2018, Former Union Minister,Captain Jai Narain Prasad Nishad died at Max Hospital in Delhi after a prolonged illness at the age of 88. Jai Narain Prasad Nishad was a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Muzaffarpur constituency in Bihar. He served as the Union Minister of state, Environment and Forests (Independent Charge) during 1996-97.
- Dwijen Mukhopadhyay died at his residence in Salt Lake following various age-related ailments. What was his profession?
1) Football Player
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Singer
On 24th December 2018, Veteran Rabindra Sangeet singer Dwijen Mukhopadhyay died at his residence in Salt Lake following various age-related ailments at the age of 91. Dwijen Mukhopadhyay was known for his rendition of ‘Jagoo Durga’ on All India Radio and he was honoured with Padmabhushan and Banga Bibhusan. He was born in 1927 and recorded over 1000 songs of Tagore during his lifetime.
- Nana Chudasama died in Mumbai on 23rd December 2018. He was a former Mumbai Mayor, a jurist and a _____?
2) Social worker
5) None of theseAnswer -2) Social worker
On 23rd December 2018, Former Mumbai Mayor and a 2005 Padma Shri awardee Nana Chudasama died at the age of 85 after a brief illness in Mumbai. Born in the Saurashtra region of Gujarat, Nana Chudasama, a jurist and a social worker, was the founder of non-governmental organizations Giants International, I Love Mumbai, National Kidney Foundation, and Forum Against Drugs and AIDS. Chudasama was also known for putting up banners in Mumbai’s Marine Drive area for decades carrying expressive messages about national and international stories of importance.
- Nirupam Sen passed away at a city Hospital in Kolkata following a cardiac arrest on 24th December 2018. What was his occupation?
4) Film maker
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Politician
On 24th December 2018, Veteran leader of CPI (M) (The Communist Party of India (Marxist)), Shri Nirupam Sen who had served as the Commerce and industry minister of West Bengal passed away at a city Hospital in Kolkata following a cardiac arrest at the age of 72. Nirupam Singh is credited as the architect of West Bengal’s Industrial drive during the Left Front rule. He was a three-time Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Bardhaman Dakshin Constinuency of West Bengal.
- When was National Farmer’s Day (NFD) also known as Kisan Diwas celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Indian farmer’s leader and 5th Prime Minister of India Chaudhary Charan Singh?
1) December 22
2) December 23
3) December 24
4) December 25
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) December 23
On 23rd December 2018, National Farmer’s Day (NFD) was celebrated throughout the country to acknowledge the role of farmers in India’s socio-economic development and to mark the birth anniversary of Indian farmer’s leader and 5th Prime Minister of India Shri Chaudhary Charan Singh. This day which is also observed as KisanDiwas is celebrated across the nation every year with the focus on the upliftment of the status of farmers.
- Where was the statue of Indian farmer’s leader and 5th Prime Minister of India Chaudhary Charan Singh, inaugurated on National Farmer’s Day (NFD)?
1) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
2) Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
3) Jaipur, Rajasthan
4) Patiala, Punjab
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
On 23rd December 2018, National Farmer’s Day (NFD) was celebrated throughout the country to acknowledge the role of farmers in India’s socio-economic development and to mark the birth anniversary of Indian farmer’s leader and 5th Prime Minister of India Shri Chaudhary Charan Singh. This day which is also observed as KisanDiwas is celebrated across the nation every year with the focus on the upliftment of the status of farmers. On this occasion Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh unveiled a statue of Sri Chaudhary Charan Singh in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh and addressed a public meeting and announced the allocation of Rs. 325 crore for the development of the city and rural areas.
- What was the theme of National Consumer Day 2018 celebrated in India on 24th December 2018?
1) Timely Disposal of Consumer Complaints
2) Making digital marketplaces fairer
3) Building a Digital World
4) Consumer Protection
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Timely Disposal of Consumer Complaints
On December 24, 2018, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution celebrated National Consumer Day 2018 with the theme “Timely Disposal of Consumer Complaints” at Kothari Auditorium, DRDO Bhawan in New Delhi. The Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Commerce & Industry, Shri C. R. Chaudhary presided over the event. Following important announcements were made in the event:
• Government will repeal the Consumer Protection Act 1986 and bring in a new Act covering consumer grievance redressal, streamline functioning of Consumer for a.
• National Consumer Helpline has been revamped and 480 major Companies including several e-commerce platforms have been included.
• Consumer Fora has been strengthened and connected with CONFONET for better computer networking of consumer fora.
• NCDRC on directions of Supreme Court issued new Regulations to make admission or rejection of cases in 21days and pronounced judgment in 45 days after final hearing.
• New Consumer Protection Bill, 2018 through Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) will be introduced.
• Hon’ble Supreme Court has laid right to speedy justice as a fundamental right of a citizen, implicit in the article 21 of the Constitution of India.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Director General of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) is _____?Dr.A.P.Maheshwari
- Who is the Finance Secretary of India?Ajay Narayan Jha
- What is the capital and currency of Indonesia?Capital – Jakarta; Currency – Indonesian rupiah
- Where is Simlipal National Park located?Odisha
- Name the Chairman of Indian Railways Board?Ashwini Lohani