AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs December 24 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs December 2018
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where was the 55th SKOCH Summit held on 22nd December 2018?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On December 22, 2018, the 55th SKOCH Summit was held in Constitution Club of India, New Delhi. It was hosted by SKOCH group, the think tank for socio-economic issues with focus on inclusive growth. The Summit had 3 sub sessions focusing on the following themes:
• Economic Manifesto,
• Deciphering Digital Economy Policy,
• Banking and Finance: The Next Five Years.
A book titled India 2030 was also released on the occasion.
- Who won the SKOCH Chief Minister of the Year Award at the 55th SKOCH Summit held on 22nd December 2018?
1) Chandrababu Naidu
2) Raman Singh
3) Vasundara Raje
4) Mamata Banerjee
5) None of theseAnswer -4) Mamata Banerjee
On December 22, 2018, the 55th SKOCH Summit was held in Constitution Club of India, New Delhi. Awards were distributed recognizing the efforts and contributions of the different people and states.
Following shows the list of awardees:
Category Awardee Skoch Golden Jubilee Challenger Award Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu Skoch Chief Minister of the Year Award Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee SKOCH Award for hydel project in Purulia West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) SKOCH Sprinter of the Year Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu Skoch IT minister of the Year Nara Lokesh SKOCH Governance Person of the Year K T Rama Rao
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Information Fusion Centre – Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR) at Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC) in ______, on 22nd December 2018?
1) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
2) Gurugram, Haryana
3) Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
4) Rajkot, Gujarat
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Gurugram, Haryana
On December 22, 2018, Defence Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Information Fusion Centre – Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR) at Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC) Gurugram, Haryana. The IFC-IOR is aimed to engage with partner nations to develop maritime domain awareness and share information on vessels of interest in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR). It would also help enhance maritime security and safety. The information exchange at the IFC-IOR would be initially undertaken by virtual means, using telephone calls, faxes, emails and video conferencing over internet. It would undertake conduct of exercises and training capsules in maritime information collation and sharing.
- Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and which state topped the charts as the best performing states under the maternity benefit programme named Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, on 21st December 2018?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Madhya Pradesh
On December 21, 2018, Minister of State for the Women and Child Development Ministry Virendra Kumar released the performance of states and UTs under the maternity benefit programme named Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana. Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh topped the charts as the best performing states. According to the finding, 51.70 lakh beneficiaries are covered annually under the PMMVY. Grants-in-aid amounting to Rs 2,048.59 crores and Rs 369.31 crores have been sanctioned to the states and the Union Territories during the year 2017-18 and 2018-19 respectively.
- Where did President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurate the Centre of Excellence for Genetic Blood Disorders on 22ndDecember 2018?
1) Karimnagar, Telangana
2) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
3) Karimpuzha, Kerala
4) Conoor, Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Karimnagar, Telangana
On December 22, 2018, the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, on his first visit to Karimnagar, inaugurated the Centre of Excellence for Genetic Blood Disorders at the Prathima Institute of Medical Sciences in Karimnagar, Telangana. This centre will work on Sickle Cell Anaemia, Thalassemia and Other Genetic Blood Disorders. It was set up by Prathima Institute of Medical Sciences.
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) banned all mining activities within 10 km radius of the Sariska Tiger Reserve, on 20th December 2018. Which state houses Sariska Tiger Reserve?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
2) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer -4) Rajasthan
On 20th December 2018, National Green Tribunal (NGT) directed all mining activities within 10 km radius of Rajasthan’s Sariska Tiger Reserve be stopped immediately. The order was issued when the tribunal was hearing an appeal challenging environmental clearance granted to 24 mining projects with 10 km radius of the reserve’s boundary.
- What is the rank of Indians in the “misperception index” as per MORI Perils of Perception Survey 2018, done by Ipsos India, an independent market research company?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 12
Indians placed at 12th rank in the “misperception index” according to the MORI Perils of Perception Survey 2018, done by Ipsos India, an independent market research company.It behind several countries like, Italy, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea, Chile and Argentina, among others. Thailand, Mexico, Turkey, Malaysia, and Brazil were ranked first in five and performed poorer than India. “Misperception index” is based on questions which asked to people and it revealed the wide chasm between what people perceived and what was real. The survey was conducted during September 28-October 16 this year in 37 countries online.
- Which city was confirmed as the new political capital of Burundi, on 22nd December 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer -2) Gitega
On Dec.22 2018, Burundi confirmed the small central city of Gitega the country’s new political capital. The previous capital Bujumbura, on the north-eastern shore of Lake Tanganyika, became a country‘s economic capital.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) shortlisted how many major IT companies to set up a wide-based digital Public Credit Registry (PCR) to capture details of all borrowers and willful defaulters, on 23rd December 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 6
On 23rd December 2018,Reserve Bank of India has shortlisted six major IT companies, TCS, Wipro and IBM India, Capgemini Technology Services India, Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India, and Mindtree Ltd. to set up a wide-based digital Public Credit Registry (PCR) to capture details of all borrowers and willful defaulters. PCR will include data from entities like market regulator Sebi,corporate affairs ministry, Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) to enable banks and financial institutions to get a 360-degree profile of the existing as well as prospective borrowers on a real-time basis. PCR assumes significance of rising bad loans in the financial system. The non-performing assets in the banking system stand at about Rs 10 lakh crore.CRILC is a borrower-level supervisory dataset that keeps record of loans of Rs 5 crore and above.
- ICICI Bank has projected the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) to increase to what percent in 2019-20 and 7.2% in 2018-19?
1) 7.4 %
2) 7.6 %
3) 7.7 %
4) 7.9 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 7.4 %
On December 22, 2018, ICICI Bank projected the GDP to increase to 7.4% in 2019-20. Its growth forecast for 2018-2019 is at 7.2 mainly due to slow consumption. It states that one of the biggest factors restricting growth will be the real estate and small scale units as they are yet to recover from effects of GST and demonetisation.
- Who received the South Indian Education Society (SIES) Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati National Eminence Award as part of the Kanchi Mahaswami festival, on 23rd December 2018?
1) Arun Jaitley
3) P Chidambaram
3) Dr Manmohan Singh
4) Dr Rajinish Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer -3) Dr Manmohan Singh
On Dec.23 2018 ,former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh received South Indian Education Society (SIES) Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati National Eminence Award as part of the Kanchi Mahaswami festival.He was awarded for his contribution to the field of public leadership. Professor Dr Manjul Bhargava, Niti Aayog member Dr V K Saraswat and Swami Chidanand Saraswati were awarded for their work in the fields of community leadership, science and technology and social thinkers, respectively. Japan-based philosopher and teacher of Hindu philosophy, Dr Sengaku Mayeda, was conferred the award in-absentia in the international category.
- Name India’s national accreditation body that became the 3rd one in Asia- Pacific region to get recognition for its accreditation programme for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) Certification Bodies?
1) National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB)
2) Indian Standards Institute (ISI)
3) Board of Indian Standards (BIS)
4) Indian Board of Certification (IBC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB)
On December 21, 2018, India’s national accreditation body, the National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB), got recognition for its accreditation programme for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) Certification Bodies in Asia- Pacific region. It is the third accreditation body in the Asia Pacific Region to become internationally equivalent in the region, the other two being the accreditation bodies of Hong Kong and Mexico. It is a constituent Board of the Quality Council of India, is responsible for accreditation of certification/inspection bodies as per applicable international standards under an international system of equivalence.
- Who was elected the President of Archery Association of India(AAI), on 22nd December 2018?
1) S Y Quarashi
2) B V P Rao
3) Chandrasekar N
4) Ratna Prabha S
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) B V P Rao
On 22nd December 2018, B V P Rao was elected as the President of Archery Association of India(AAI),the election was held under the Supervision of former Chief Election Commissioner S. Y. Quraishi. Maha Singh was elected as secretary of Archery Association of India,D K Vidyarthi was elected as the treasurer.Sunil Sharma was elected senior vice-president and Rajendra Singh Tomar and Purnima Mahato will be the vice presidents. BVP Rao earlier served as vice president of the archery association of the northeastern state. He was also earlier associated with Sports Authority of India in various capacities. For the last four years, he served as an Advisor to Telengana government. Vijay Kumar Malhotra has been as the president of Archery Association of India for 40 years from 1973 to 2012,after that he relinquished the position in 2015,he was appointed as the Honorary Life President of AAI meanwhile Shri Tarlochan Singh was appointed as the Acting President of AAI.
- India successfully test fired its nuclear capable long range ballistic missile _____ with a strike range of 4,000 km, off Odisha coast, on 23rd December 2018?
1) Prithvi 1
3) Prithvi 2
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Agni-IV
On Dec.23 2018, India successfully test fired its nuclear capable long range ballistic missile Agni-IV with a strike range of 4,000 km .The strategic surface-to-surface missile was flight tested from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Dr Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha coast earlier known as Wheeler Island and it is 20 meter long with a weight of 17 tonnes. This was the 7th trial of Agni-IV missile. Agni-IV missile is equipped with advanced Avionics, 5th generation On Board Computer and distributed architecture. Radars and electro-optical systems had been positioned along the coast of Odisha for tracking and monitoring all parameters of the missile.
- Name the asteroid that made its closest approach to Earth in more than 400 years on 22nd December 2018?
1) 2003 SD220
2) 2005 SD567
3) 2015 VX950
4) 2022 BC456
5) None of theseAnswer -1) 2003 SD220
On 22nd December 2018, a small asteroid named 2003 SD220 flew safely by Earth. It looked like the hippo in new radar images, as per National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). 2003 SD220 is making its closest approach to Earth in more than 400 years and won’t be any closer until 2070.
- Where was the 37th Senior National Rowing Championship held from December 17 to 23, 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer -2) Pune
On December 23, 2018, the seven day 37th Senior National Rowing Championship concluded at Army Rowing Node, College of Military Engineering in Pune. It started on December 17, 2018. The categories of the competitions are: 2000 metres and 500 metres. It was inaugurated by Lt General Michael Mathews. The Army Team emerged as the champions in 2018 and was followed by the Services team that came in second. This year, 498 rowers from 24 teams of various States (except West Bengal) and Associations competed in approximately 200 races over last four days. It also saw participation by the Asian games medallists Subedar Sawarn Singh and Naib Subedar Dushyant Chauhan in mixed event which was introduced for the first time in the National Championship.
- _____ became the fastest Asian to cycle the globe on 23rd December 2018, as she had spent 159 days peddling up to 300 km a day in 14 countries?
1) Vandhana Venkat
2) Roopa Seth
3) Vedangi Kulkarni
4) Amrutha Balki
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Vedangi Kulkarni
On December 23, 2018, Pune woman Vedangi Kulkarni, 20, became the fastest Asian to cycle the globe. She spent 159 days peddling up to 300 km a day in 14 countries. She started off from Perth in July and will be flying back to the Australian city to complete the record. British adventurer Jenny Graham, 38, is the fastest woman to have cycled the globe in 124 days in 2018.
- Name the Assamese singer popularly known as ‘Nightingale of Assam’, who died on 21st December 2018?
1) Dipali Borthakur
2) Gitali Kakoti
3) Rishita Palkar
4) Neelam Kapoor
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dipali Borthakur
On December 21, 2018, ‘Nightingale of Assam’ singer Dipali Borthakur passed away at 77. She was a Padma Shri recipient in 1998 and was also known as “Asomiya Lata Mangeskar.” She was honoured with The Axom Srestho by The Telegraph, Silipi Bota (2010) and Aideu Handique Silpi Award (2012) among others.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the CEO and headquarters of National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB)?CEO – Anil Jauhri; Headquarters – New Delhi
- The chief minister of Manipur is _____?N. Biren Singh
- When was Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) launched?2016
- Who is the MD and CEO of ICICI bank headquartered in Mumbai?Mr. Sandeep Bakshi
- Where is the headquarters of SKOCH group, the think tank for socio-economic issues?New Delhi