AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 December 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Where was the India’s first ‘Vaccination On Wheels’(VOW) Clinic launched by IIT Hyderabad’s Center for Healthcare Entrepreneurship (CfHE) fellow Mr. Jignesh Patel in collaboration with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation ?
1) Guwahati, Assam
2) Pune, Maharashtra
3) New Delhi, Delhi
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Pune, Maharashtra
On December 19, 2019, In collaboration with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), Jigneh Patel, a fellow at the Center for Healthcare Entrepreneurship (CfHE) at IIT(Indian Institutes of Technology) Hyderabad (Telangana), has launched India’s 1st ‘Vaccination On Wheels’(VOW) Clinic in Pune,Maharashtra.
- Name the large scale anti-hijacking exercise conducted by Indian Navy in association with Indian Coast Guard (ICG) and the Cochin Port Trust in Kochi coast, Kerala .
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Apharan
On December 18, 2019 the Indian Navy(IN), Indian Coast Guard (ICG) and the Cochin Port Trust conducted large scale anti-hijacking exercise codenamed “Apharan” off Kochi coast of Kerala. More than 12 ships and helicopters of IN, ICG, and Cochin port trust participated in the exercise. Aim: The aim of the exercise was to provide a response mechanism/ preparedness to thwart any attempt by rogue elements to hijack a vessel or attempted forced entry into the Kochi harbour.
- Where was the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) regional level pollution response exercise named ‘Swachchh Samundra NW-2019‘ held ?
1) Gulf of Kutch (GoK), Gujarat
2) Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
3) Gulf of Khambhat (GoK), Gujarat
4) Malvan, Maharashtra
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Gulf of Kutch(GoK), Gujarat
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) conducted a 2-day regional level pollution response exercise named ‘Swachchh Samundra NW-2019‘ at sea off Vadinar in Gulf of Kutch(GoK), Gujarat. The exercise was conducted from December 17-18, 2019. The aim of the exercise was to create a response mechanism by ICG, by taking actions for oil pollution incidents. The exercise focused on combating marine oil spill in the region, exercising reporting procedures, testing of communication links, threat assessment and deployment of pollution response equipment.
- Who was awarded with SAR (Search and Rescue) Award for Fisherman during the 18th National Maritime Search and Rescue Board (NMSARB) meeting 2019 ?
1) D. Pauly
3) Anand A Ambhire
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Anand A Ambhire
On December 18, 2019, Indian Coast Guard (ICG),an armed force that protects India’s maritime interests, has organised the 18th National Maritime Search and Rescue Board (NMSARB) meeting 2019 in New Delhi. The meet, chaired by K Natarajan -Director General (DG) of Indian Coast Guard and Chairman NMSARB, saw the discussion over policy issues, formulation of guidelines & procedures and assess the efficacy of National Search and Rescue Plan.
S.No Award name Won by 1 SAR Award for Merchant Vessel (MV) for the year 2018-19 MV Asia Emerald III
(It saved 6 lives from a distressed fishing boat)
2 SAR Award for Fisherman Anand A Ambhire from Maharashtra (for saving 11 lives from a sinking fishing boat) 3 SAR Award for Government Owned SAR Unit ICG Ships (ICGS) Sujoy & ICGS Vikram
(for saving 46 lives from ROSV Sagar Sampada off New Mangalore)
- What is the target year set by Ministry of Jal Shakti to achieve 55 litre per capita per day (lpcd) ?
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 2024
On December 14, 2019 the Ministry of Jal Shakti, submitted its data on water supply and usage by the people in the country. As per the data, nearly 3 lakh rural habitations in the country were deprived of the govt’s minimum prescribed provision of 40 litre per capita per day (lpcd) of potable quality drinking water. The aim of the Jal ministry is to achieve 55 lpcd by 2024.
- Which University has signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Rail Transport Institute(NRTI), Ministry of Railways (MoR) to set up 1st Centre of Excellence for Next Generation Transportation Systems ?
1) University of Worcester, England
2) University of Bristol, England
3) Newman University, England
4) University of Birmingham, England
5) None of theseAnswer-4) University of Birmingham, England
On December 19, 2019 The National Rail Transport Institute(NRTI), deemed to be a university under the Ministry of Railways (MoR) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the University of Birmingham, (England) in New Delhi. The MoU was to set up 1st Centre of Excellence for Next Generation Transportation Systems. Indian Railways(IR) is a founding partner of this centre. As a founding partner, IR will provide data, professional expertise, spare equipment and other available resources directly or through its Centralised Training Institutes and research organisations.
- Name the first country, that has recognized Indian Pharmacopoeia (IP) recently .
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Afghanistan
On December 20, 2019, The National Department of Regulation of Medicines and Health Products of the Ministry of Public Health of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has formally recognized Indian Pharmacopoeia (IP), an official book of standards for drugs manufactured & marketed in India in terms of their identity, purity and strength.With this, Afghanistan has become the 1st nation to recognize IP, which is published by the Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC) on behalf of the Department of Commerce, and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Where was the World’s first ever Global Refugee Forum held ?
1) Paris, France
2) Madrid, Spain
3) Geneva, Switzerland
4) Washington D.C., United States (U.S.)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Geneva, Switzerland
The 1st ever Global Refugee Forum was held in Geneva, Switzerland from December 17-18 2019. The forum was co-hosted by Switzerland along with United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) and co-convened (brought together) by Turkey, Germany, Ethiopia and Costa Rica. The forum will provide an opportunity to people to strengthen the international response against war, conflict and persecution that displaced people and left them with refugee status.
- Which bank has inked a $490 million loan agreement with Government of India (GoI) for upgrade about 1,600 km of Madhya Pradesh(MP) ?
1) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
2) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
3) World Bank (WB)
4) New Development Bank (NDB)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
On December 20, 2019, Asian Development Bank (ADB),an international development finance institution has inked a $490 million loan agreement with Government of India (GoI) for upgrade about 1,600 km of Madhya Pradesh(MP) state highways (750km) & major district roads- MDRs (850km) from single-lane to two-lane widths in the state. This project will be a public-private partnership (PPP) through the hybrid-annuity model (HAM),for this, an additional $286 million investment will be mobilized by the state.
- What is the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth of India for fiscal year-FY20 (2019) by Fitch Ratings Inc. ?
1) 5.5 %
2) 5.2 %
3) 4.8 %
4) 4.6 %
5) None of theseAnswer-4) 4.6 %
On December 20, 2019, Fitch Ratings Inc., an American credit rating agency has lowered the India’s GDP(Gross Domestic Product) growth forecast for fiscal year-FY20 (or 2019) to 4.6 % from the earlier estimate of 5.6%.Fitch made this deduction due to declining trade &consumer confidence. Also it has placed India’s Long-Term Foreign-Currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at ‘BBB-‘ with a Stable Outlook.
- Who is the chair of the advisory committee on Investor Protection and Education Fund (IPEF) formed by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) ?
1) Abraham Koshy
3) Atanu Chakraborty
4) V. Ravi Anshuman
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Abraham Koshy
On December 18, 2019, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI),a Regulator for the Securities market in India owned by Government, has made extensive changes to the 8-member advisory committee on Investor Protection and Education Fund (IPEF), advising on issues related to investor education and protection activities. The chairman of this committee is former Professor, Abraham Koshy of IIM(Indian Institutes of Management) Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Which entity becomes 3rd Indian company to cross m- cap of $ 100 billion on December 19, 2019 ?
1) Bank of India (BoI)
2) Punjab National Bank (PNB)
3) Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) Bank
4) State Bank of India (SBI)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) Bank
On December 19, 2019, India’s leading private sector bank, HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) Bank Ltd, has become the 3rd company to cross market capitalization (m-cap) of $ 100 billion (over Rs 7 lakh crore) after Reliance Industries Ltd- RIL ($140.74 billion) & Tata Consultancy Services – TCS ($114.60 billion). However, it closed below the $100 billion mark at roughly $99.5 billion.
- Mujtaba Hussain has returned his Padma Shri award, in protest against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA). He is a legendary __________ .
1) Konkani author
2) Urdu author
3) Bengali author
4) Gujarati author
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Urdu author
The 86-year-old urdu author Mujtaba Hussain from hyderabad, had said he will return his Padma Shri award to protest against the Citizenship Amendment Act(CAA). He stated due to the current situation in the country,he did not want to keep the award anymore.The Government of India awarded him the fourth highest civilian honour of Padma Shri 2007, for his contributions to Urdu literature.He is best known for his books America Ghaans Kaat Raha Hai, Cihrah dar cihrah, a take on US foreign policy, Japan Chalo and many other books.
- Who tops in the 2019 Forbes India celebrity 100 ?
1) Salman Khan
2) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
3) Akshay Kumar
4) Virat Kohli
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Virat Kohli
The Forbes India magazine has published its list of celebrity 100 for the year 2019.This rankings were based on the estimation of their annual earnings through professions and endorsement of celebrities and their frame from October 1,2018 to September 30, 2019. According to the list of celebrity 2019, Indian Cricket team captain Virat kohli has become the first sportsman to gain the top spot for the first time with the annual earnings of Rs. 252.72 crore.Kohli replaced Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who had been at the top for the previous three years. Actor Akshay Kumar is at the second position followed by Salman Khan.
- Which organization has presented the award, “Rashtriya Swayamsiddh Samman 2019” on 19th December 2019 ?
1) JSPL Foundation
2) NASSCOM Foundation
3) Bhaskar Foundation
4) Smile Foundation
5) None of theseAnswer-1) JSPL Foundation
On 19th December 2019, the JSPL Foundation, the CSR (Corporate social responsibility) arm of Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. has conferred Rashtriya Swayamsiddh Samman 2019 to recognize and honour social innovators and Change Agents in India. The awards were presented by Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister of Law & Justice and Electronics and Information Technology upon 17 individuals and 10 organisations at a function held in New Delhi.
- Name the Organization that completes acquisition of Ruchi Soya for Rs.4,350 crore through an insolvency process .
1) Baidyanath Group
2) Britannia Industries
3) Patanjali Ayurved
4) Himalaya Drug Company
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Patanjali Ayurved
Patanjali Ayurved made its first big acquisition to take over soya food brand Nutrela maker Ruchi Soya for Rs.4,350 crore through an insolvency process.The acquisition will help Patanjali acquire edible oil plants as also soyabean oil brands such as Mahakosh and Ruchi Gold. Acharya Balkrishna is appointed as the Chairman And Managing Director of the Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd Swami Ramdev as non-executive director on its new board.
- Where did Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) test fired, Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) & Pinaka rocket Mark-II on December 20, 2019 ?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Odisha
On December 20, 2019, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the premier Research and development (R&D) organization of the country,has successfully tested the upgraded version of the Pinaka rocket Mark-II from DRDO’s Proof and Experimental Establishment firing test range at Chandipur testing center in Odisha.DRDO also test-fired its all weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) from the launch pad-3 at the Interim Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha at 4.20 pm.
- What is the strike range of newly test fired Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) ?
1) 70 – 80 Km
2) 50 – 60 Km
3) 35 – 40 Km
4) 25 – 30 Km
5) None of theseAnswer-4) 25 – 30 Km
DRDO also test-fired its all weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) from the launch pad-3 at the Interim Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha. Developed by DRDO,It also hit multiple targets within a range of about 25 – 30 km with two vehicle configurations for area air defence. The special thing of QR-SAM missile is that it aims to defend Army formations operating in plains & semi-desert areas, including those enemy missiles that suddenly appear at close range.
- Star ‘HIP 7943’ was named after which city by International Astronomical Union (IAU) recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Sharjah
On December 19, 2019 the International Astronomical Union (IAU) has announced new names of its newly discovered star and its planet. The star ‘HIP 7943’ was named as “Sharjah” and one of its planet (exoplanet) was named as “Barjeel”. The announcement was made during a press conference of IAU in Paris, France during the centenary celebration of the union (IAU).The star ‘HIP 7943’ was named as “Sharjah”. Appreciating the achievements of Sharjah city, which is the Capital of Arab Culture, Capital of Islamic Culture and also has the name of World Book Capital, the star was named as “Sharjah”. A barjeel is a wind tower that directs the flow of wind, where the air can be recirculated as a form of air conditioning. Barjeel is an exoplanet to Sharjah. Planets orbiting their stars are called exoplanets.
- Name the malware application regarding which Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) has sent an alert to all States recently .
5) None of theseAnswer-3) StrandHogg
On December 16, 2019 the Union Ministry of Home Affairs(MoHA) sent an alert to all States warning about a bug in Android operating system(OS) called ‘StrandHogg’. It is a real-time malware application which would pose as genuine applications and access all the users’ data. All android device versions including latest android version 10, are vulnerable to this bug. Promon, a Norwegian firm specialising in In-App protection, found proof of this android vulnerability which they call it as ‘StrandHogg’.The information about this bug was shared by Threat Analytical Unit(TAU), Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) of MoHA.
- Which organization has launched 3 blockchain-powered distributed applications for domains of government services, insurance and supply chain distributed management ?
4) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Infosys
On December 18, 2019 Indian multinational corporation Infosys launched 3 blockchain-powered distributed applications for domains of government services, insurance, and supply chain distributed management. The applications were designed as ready-to-subscribe business networks. Core business processes across multiple value chain partners having disparate IT (Information Technology) systems can be strengthened using blockchain-powered distributed applications.
- Where did scientist from Cardiff University, Binghamton University & the New York State Museum discovered the 386-million-year old world’s oldest fossil forest ?
1) Fairbanks, Alaska, United States(US)
2) Sacramento, California, United States (US)
3) Anchorage, Alaska, United States(US)
4) Cairo, New York, United States(US)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Cairo, New York, United States(US)
On December 20, 2019 Scientists from Cardiff University in the United Kingdom(UK), Binghamton University in the (United States) US and the New York State Museum have recently discovered remnants of a 386-million-year old world’s oldest fossil forest in a sandstone quarry in Cairo, New York, United States(US). This forest is around 2 or 3 million years older than the current world’s oldest forest at Gilboa, also in New York State and around 40 kilometres away from the Cairo site. Journal: The findings of the discovery is published in the journal ‘Current Biology’.
- Which country topped in the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) rankings for the year 2019 on December 19, 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Belgium
According to the FIFA’s(Federation Internationale de Football Association) year-ending released on December 19, 2019, Belgium, the runners-up of the World Cup 2018, topped their second consecutive year with 1765 points. World champions France remain in 2nd (1733 points) and Brazil in 3rd (1712 points) place. England have moved up a notch to 4th and Uruguay to 5th .
- Name the organization, that has partnered with the International cricket council (ICC) for ICC Women’s T20 World cup 2020 for empowering women and girls in cricket .
1) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
2) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
3) Habitat for Humanity
4) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
The International cricket council (ICC) announced its partnership with UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) for ICC Women’s T20 World cup 2020.The main focus of this partnership is empowering women and girls in cricket. The money raised will go towards an innovative programme to promote girls’ participation in cricket in Sri Lanka and build peace in communities.
- What is the rank of India in the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) rankings for the year 2019 on December 19, 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer-3) 108
According to the FIFA’s(Federation Internationale de Football Association) year-ending released on December 19, 2019, Indian men’s football team remains at number 108 with 1187 points. The Indian team, however, slipped 11 places throughout the year (In December 2018, India was ranked 97 in the FIFA rankings). Among Asian countries ,India has ranked 19th ,while Japan tops the list but is ranked 28th in overall ranking.
- Name the deceased Kannada writer and critic, who was best known for his book “Hosagannada Sahitya Charitre” .
1) Basavaraj Kattimani
2) Betageri Krishnasharma
3) Aravind Adiga
4) L.S. Sheshagiri Rao
5) None of theseAnswer-4) L.S. Sheshagiri Rao
On December 20, 2019 noted Kannada writer and critic L.S. Sheshagiri Rao passed away at the age of 94 due to old age ailments in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Sheshagiri is famous for his critical works and also for and an English-Kannada dictionary he compiled. His first work Idu Jeevana, an anthology of short stories was released in 1948. He is best known for his book “Hosagannada Sahitya Charitre”. He was honoured with Kendra Sahitya Akademy award his work English Sahitya Charitre. It is about English literature history in Kannada. His other awards include Rajyotsava Award and Karnataka Sahitya Academy award. He was the first writer to win Sahitya Parishat prize in 1947.
- On which date, International Human Solidarity Day 2019 is observed ?
1) December 20
2) December 19
3) December 18
4) December 17
5) None of theseAnswer-1) December 20
The International Human Solidarity Day is observed annually on December 20 by the United Nations(UN) under the resolution (A/RES/60/209). On December 22, 2005, the UN General Assembly (UNGA) proclaimed to observe the solidarity day on December 20, to promote culture of solidarity and the spirit of sharing to combat poverty.
- Which state government has launched the Solar Energy Policy 2019, Wind and Hybrid Energy Policy 2019 along with Industrial Development Policy 2019 to promote industrial development ?
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Rajasthan
On December 20, 2019, the Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Ashok Gehlot, has launched new policies related to renewable energy namely, Solar Energy Policy 2019, Wind and Hybrid Energy Policy 2019 along with Industrial Development Policy 2019 at an event in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The state govt also launched two Investment Promotion Schemes, those are, Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme 2019 and Chief Minister’s Small Scale Industries Promotion Scheme 2019.
- Who was appointed as the Telangana’s first LokAyukta on December 20, 2019 ?
1) P Lakshman Reddy
2) CV Ramulu
3) Reva Khetrapal
4) Nawal Kishore Agarwal
5) None of theseAnswer-2) CV Ramulu
On December 20, 2019 Former High Court Judge CV Ramulu has been appointed as the Lokayukta in Telangana. His order was issued by Telangana governor Dr.Tamilisai Sounderarajan with immediate effect. Apart from CV Ramulu, Former law secretary V Niranjan Rao has been appointed as Upa Lokayukta.
- Which state has appointed G Chandraiah, as its Chairman of the State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) ?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Telangana
Former judge Justice G Chandraiah was appointed as Chairman of the State Human Rights Commission (SHRC). He succeeded Nisar Ahmad Kakru, who was the last SHRC chairman in Telangana and the post was left vacant after his retirement in 2016. N. Anand Rao and Mohammed Irfan Moinuddin were also appointed as members of the SHRC.It is the 1st time the state government has constituted the Lokayukta and Human Rights Commission since the formation of the state in 2014.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Weightlifter Oleksiy Torokhtiy was is news recently, he belongs to which country ? Answer-Ukraine
Weightlifter Oleksiy Torokhtiy belongs to Ukraine.He was in news recently because International Olympic Committee has stripped of his 2012 Olympic gold medal for doping.The 33-year-old, who triumphed in the 105kg division, was disqualified after a reanalysis of his urine sample revealed a positive test for testosterone. Torokhtiy has been banned for two years with his results between August 4, 2012, and August 3, 2015, annulled.
- When was Goa Liberation Day observed ? Answer-December 19
Goa Liberation Day is observed on December 19 every year in India.The Goa Liberation Day is celebrated in commemoration of the Indian armed forces freeing Goa from Portuguese rule.
- Corbett Tiger Reserve (CTR) is located in which state ? Answer-Uttarakhand
Corbett Tiger Reserve (CTR) is located in Uttarakhand . It was in news recently, because Uttarakhand State Wildlife Board has cleared a proposal by the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) to introduce rhinoceroses in the Corbett Tiger Reserve (CTR) to boost tourism and revive the habits of species that survive on low-height grass.
- Who is the President of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) ? Answer-Gianni Infantino
- What is the tagline of Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) Bank ? Answer-We understand your world
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs-2019/december/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try December Current Affairs 2019 Quiz[/su_button]