AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs December 13 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs December 2018
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where was the third exhibition of the 2nd series of collection titled “Uncrowned Glory – An exhibition of Ethnic Ornaments of Himachal Pradesh” inaugurated on 11th December 2018?
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi
On December 11, 2018, Dr Dharmendra Singh Gangwar, Additional Secretary & Financial Advisor, Ministry of Culture inaugurated the third exhibition of the 2nd series of collection titled “Uncrowned Glory – An exhibition of Ethnic Ornaments of Himachal Pradesh” in National Museum, New Delhi. This exhibition aims to showcase the silver and gold ornaments, from different communities and regions of Himachal Pradesh, through photographic prints. This also helps in preserving and transmitting the intangible aspects of the communities through generations. The exhibition will be open for public till the 31st of December 2018.
- Which state government announced the creation of an umbrella university named after former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee, on 12th December 2018?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Uttar Pradesh
On December 12, 2018, the Uttar Pradesh Government announced creation of an umbrella university named after former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The decision was taken in a cabinet meeting headed by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath at Lucknow. The University would be the controlling authority of all the medical and dental colleges and nursing institutions in the state. This would help in bringing transparency in entrance and examination system and would enhance quality of medical education.
- The Ambassador of the European Union to India, H.E. Mr. Tomasz Kozlowski inaugurated India’s first Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence in _____, on 8th December 2018?
1) Surat, Gujarat
2) Manipal, Karnataka
3) Kota, Rajasthan
4) Raipur, Chhattisgarh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Manipal, Karnataka
On December 8, 2018, the Ambassador of the European Union to India, H.E. Mr. Tomasz Kozlowski inaugurated India’s first Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence at the Department of European Studies (DES) at the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka. On the commemoration of EU day, in Manipal, he awarded the first Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence to Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). The award comes with a grant of € 1,00,000 to pursue EU-India interdisciplinary studies in culture, literature, education and society. In 2018, Manipal Academy of Higher Education has been chosen develop a Centre of Excellence in European Studies, the first of its kind in India. It will focus on India-EU Interdisciplinary Studies: Culture, Literature, Education and Society.
- Where was the National conference ‘AYUSHCHARYA’ on Dinacharya (Daily Regimen) and Ritucharya (Seasonal Regimen) for public health promotion, held on 10th and 11th December 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On 10th and 11th December 2018, a two day National conference ‘AYUSHCHARYA’ on Dinacharya (Daily Regimen) and Ritucharya (Seasonal Regimen) for public health promotion was organized by All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) in New Delhi. Introducing a new term AYUSHCHARYA and citing scientific noesis of Dinacharya, Ratricharya and Ritucharya, Director AIIA Prof Tanuja Nesari gave the inaugural address to the conference. The conference was attended by nearly 200 academicians, physicians, scientists and researchers from all over country. The present conference was the part of celebration of 3rd National Ayurveda Day which was celebrated this year on November 5, 2018 on the occasion of the Dhanawantari Jayanti or Dhanteras with the theme “Ayurveda for Public health”.
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry released India’s 1st Agriculture Export Policy 2018, aimed to propel India to become a USD 5 trillion economy before ____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 2025
On December 11, 2018, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry released the Year End review of the policies to envision the creation of a ‘Vision of New India’ which would propel India to become a USD 5 trillion economy before 2025. Out of the USD 5 trillion, the focused plans will be on boosting: Services sector contribution to USD 3 trillion, Manufacturing to USD 1 trillion and Agriculture to USD 1 trillion. As on December 6, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi approved the creation of first Agriculture Export Policy. The Department of Commerce in its aim to enable India to become a USD 5 trillion economy, released India’s 1st Agriculture Export Policy 2018.
- Which state hosted the AdventureNext 2018 event from 3rd to 5th December 2018?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Jammu and Kashmir
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Madhya Pradesh
On December 5, 2018, the 3-day AdventureNext 2018 event, concluded in the host destination of Madhya Pradesh– the heart of India. It was organised by: The Adventure Travel Trade Association and Madhya Pradesh Tourism. It was a first-of-its-kind in India & Asia, and the theme of the event was “Pulse of Tomorrow”. The Major partner in the event was Jharkhand Tourism.
- India’s 1st Agriculture Export Policy 2018, released by Ministry of Commerce and Industry, would boost India’s agricultural exports to _____ dollar by 2022?
1) USD 60 billion
2) USD 50 billion
3) USD 25 billion
4) USD 75 billion
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) USD 60 billion
As on December 6, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi approved the creation of first Agriculture Export Policy. The Department of Commerce in its aim to enable India to become a USD 5 trillion economy, released India’s 1st as Agriculture Export Policy 2018. As per the policy, a corpus of USD 1 billion has been created to boost 12 champion sectors in services. It would boost India’s agricultural exports to USD 60 billion by 2022 and to achieve Agriculture Ministry’s target of USD 100 billion. The recommendations in the Agriculture Export Policy have been organised in two categories – Strategic and Operational.
- India signed an ascension pact to the 30-member Trans Regional Maritime Network (T-RMN), on December 10, 2018. T-RMN is led by which country?
3) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Italy
On December 10, 2018, India signed an ascension pact to the 30-member Trans Regional Maritime Network (T-RMN) at Italian Naval Headquarters in Rome, Italy. This agreement was signed by CMDE KM Ramakrishnan. The T-RMN consists of 30-member countries and is led by Italy. This agreement will give India an access to the information on ships passing through the Indian Ocean Region, that will help in keeping tabs on the security forces.
- Where was Vivah Panchami, the wedding of Lord Rama and Goddess Sita, celebrated on 12th December 2018?
1) Dhaka, Bangladesh
2) Janakpur, Nepal
3) Uttar Pradesh, India
4) Colombo, Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Janakpur, Nepal
In Nepal, the historic city of Janakpur is celebrated Vivah Panchami, the wedding of Lord Rama and Goddess Sita, on 12thDecember 2018. The entire city including famous Janaki temple was beautifully decorated with colorful lights. Devotees in a very large number witnessed one of the biggest religious and cultural event of Hindus. The Swayamvar and marriage ceremony was held at Rangbhoomi in Barabeegha ground. Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath graced the occasion. Lakhs of devotees from India and Nepal including thousands of sadhus and saints attended the wedding ceremony.
- Which country topped in the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)’s report on the world’s 100 biggest armaments groups, released on 10th December 2018?
1) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) United States
On 10th December 2018, a Swedish think, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) released its report on the world’s 100 biggest armaments groups and said that Russia has emerged as the world’s second-largest arms producer after the U.S. Russia surpassed Britain, which had held the spot since 2002 and remains Western Europe’s No. 1 arms maker. The report stated that the combined arm sales of Russian companies recorded 8.5 % year-on-year growth and amounted to$37.7 billion in 2017, or 9.5 % of a total $398.2 billion arms sale around the world. The U.S. topped the list with 42 companies accounting for 57 % of total sales, including the world’s largest arms producer, Lockheed Martin Corp. In a first, the Moscow-based and state-owned Russian company that makes advanced air defence systems among other things, Almaz-Antey was listed among the world’s top 10 weapons companies.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) in its supplement report “Asian Development Outlook (2018)” has retained India’s growth forecast at ____% for FY19 and 7.6% for FY20?
1) 7.5 %
2) 7.3 %
3) 7.7 %
4) &.2 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 7.3 %
On 12th December 2018, Asian Development Bank (ADB) in its supplement report “Asian Development Outlook (2018)” has retained India’s FY19 growth forecast at 7.3% and 7.6% in FY20 despite downside risks posed by stress in the non-banking sector, limited fiscal space as well as escalating trade tensions. The country’s GDP growth moderated to 7.1 per cent in second quarter of 2018-19 from 8.2 percent in the first quarter, averaging 7.6 per cent growth in the first half. India is maintaining growth momentum on rebounding exports and higher industrial and agricultural output. The slowdown came mainly from weak food prices, dampening rural consumption, higher oil prices delivering a negative shock in the terms of trade, and rising costs for raw materials.
- ‘PCS1x’, a cloud based new generation technology, to increase ease of doing business was launched by Indian Ports Association (IPA), on 11th December 2018. What does “C” represent in PCS?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Community
PCS – Port Community System
On 11th December 2018, the Port Community System ‘PCS1x’, a cloud based new generation technology, with user-friendly interface to increase ease of doing business was launched by Indian Ports Association (IPA), under the mentorship of Ministry of Shipping in Mumbai. Chairman IPA, Shri Sanjay Bhatia launched the URL www.indianpcs.gov.in, in the presence of various stakeholders. Value added services such as notification engine, workflow, mobile application, track and trace, better user interface, better security features, improved inclusion by offering dashboard for those with no IT capability are the features offered by the PCS1x platform. The web-based platform has been developed indigenously and is a part of the ‘Make in India’ and ‘Digital India’ initiative of the Hon’ble Prime Minister and is being made mandatory by Ministry of Shipping.
- Name the sportsperson who was honoured with the Meethoileima (Outstanding Queen) title by Manipur government, on 12th December 2018?
1) Manu Bhaker
2) Hima Das
3) MC Mary Kom
4) Saina Nehwal
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) MC Mary Kom
On 12th December 2018, MC Mary Kom, six times World Women Boxing Champion and Olympic Bronze medalist honoured with Meethoileima title by Manipur government. She was honoured by Chief Minister N.Biren Singh who also handed over a cheque of Ten lakh rupees. The Chief Minister also declared that the Imphal West DC Road towards Game Village will be named as MC Mary Kom Road. Meethoileima means Outstanding Queen.
- _____ is the first deceased journalist to be honoured with the Time Magazine’s 2018 Person of the Year award?
1) Jamal Khashoggi
2) Yasin Azeem
3) Rustum Daffne
4) Mike Delfino
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jamal Khashoggi
On 11th December 2018, Saudi Journalist Jamal Khashoggi who was murdered at his country’s Istanbul consulate in October was named Time Magazine’s “Person of the year” along with a group of other persecuted journalists collectively called “the Guardians of the truth”.List of People Honoured by Time Magazine
- Jamal Khashoggi – Saudi Journalist and Washington Post Contributor(First Deceased Person to win the “Person of the year’ award)
- Maria Ressa – Founder of Rappler
- Wa Lone – Reuters Journalist imprisoned in Myanmar
- Kyaw Soe Oo – Reuters Journalist Imprisoned in Myanmar
- Staffs of Capital Gazette: Including 5 people who were shot dead in June
i.The magazine calls the series of four black-and-white covers highlighted as “the War on Truth.”
ii.The United States President Donald Trump was the runner-up for this year’s Person of the Year title while his Special counsel Robert Mueller was ranked No. 3.
- Who was appointed as the 25th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), on 11th December 2018?
1) Ravi Handa
2) Shaktikanta Das
3) S Krishnamoorthy
4) Arjun Rishab
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shaktikanta Das
On 11th December 2018, Shaktikanta Das, former Economics Affairs Secretary appointed as 25th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). He succeeded Urjit Patel after he resigned from the post on 10th December 2018. Das is former Economic Affairs Secretary from 2015 to 2017, worked closely with the central bank. He is currently a member of the Finance Commission of India, and the government’s representative at the Group of 20 summits. Urjit Patel resigned as the Governor of India’s central bank citing personal reasons amid tensions between the government and the RBI over issues related to governance and autonomy of the central bank.
- Comptroller and Auditor General _____ has become the Vice-Chair of the UN (United Nations) Panel of Auditors for a term of 2 years ending on June 30, 2020?
1) Rajiv Mehrishi
2) Vishwanath Sridhar
3) Anika Singh
4) Lagnajith Desai
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rajiv Mehrishi
On December 11, 2018, Comptroller and Auditor General Rajiv Mehrishi became the Vice-Chair of the UN Panel of Auditors for a term of 2 years ending on June 30, 2020. The decision was taken in the panel’s annual meeting in New York which was held from 3 to 4 December 2018. The panel is currently chaired by the Comptroller and Auditor General of the UK and consists of External Auditors of the United Nations and its agencies. Presently, the panel consists of 11 countries — India, Germany, Chile, Canada, France, Italy, Philippines, Ghana, Indonesia, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
- Name Flipkart’s CFO (Chief Financial Officer) who has been given additional charge as COO (Chief Operating Officer)?
1) Sriram Venkataraman
2) Nitin Seth
3) Kalyan Krishnamoorthy
4) Ananth Narayanan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sriram Venkataraman
Chief financial officer (CFO) Sriram Venkataraman will take additional charge as chief operating officer COO), filling a role that has remained vacant for nearly a year-and-a-half. Venkataraman will head the logistics vertical Ekart, the marketplace and the retail vertical. Flipkart’s previous COO Nitin Seth had resigned in mid-2017, citing personal reasons.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)’s indigenously developed Light Utility Helicopter achieved an important milestone of flying at _____ kilometer altitude in Bengaluru, on 11th December 2018?
1) 6 Km
2) 7 Km
3) 8 Km
4) 9 Km
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 6 Km
On 11th December 2018, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) indigenously developed Light Utility Helicopter achieved important milestone of flying at 6 Km altitude in Bengaluru. It is 3-ton class new generation helicopter designed and developed by indigenously Rotary Wing Research and Design Center (RWR&DC) of HAL. It will replace ageing fleet of Cheetah and Chetak helicopters used by Indian Armed Forces. It is capable of flying at 220 kmph, with service ceiling of 6.5 km and range of 350 km with 400 kg payload.
- Indian Navy’s first flyaway Deep Sea Submarine Rescue System was inducted by Chief of Naval staff, Admiral Sunil Lanba. It will be operated and deployed by Submarine Rescue Unit (West) from its base in which city?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Mumbai
December 12, 2018, Indian Navy’s first flyaway Deep Sea Submarine Rescue System was inducted by Chief of Naval staff, Admiral Sunil Lanba, at the Naval Dockyard, Mumbai. The new system is a third generation, advanced Submarine Rescue System having a Non-tethered Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle (DSRV). It is capable of undertaking rescue from a disabled Submarine upto 650 m depth. It would be operated and deployed by the crew of Indian Navy’s newly formed Submarine Rescue Unit (West) from its base in Mumbai.
- What is the rank of India in the Climate Change Performance Index released on the sidelines of COP24 UN Summit in Katowice, Poland, on 10th December 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 11
December 10, 2018, the Climate Change Performance Index was released on the sidelines of COP24 UN Summit in Katowice, Poland. The index was produced by the New Climate Institute, Climate Action Network and Germanwatch. No countries were in the top three ranks because none did well in all categories assessed. But among the league of nations, Sweden topped as the 4th country (for the second time as on 2017) followed by Morocco in the 5th position. The European Union as a whole rose from 21st to 16th place. But Germany fell from 22nd to 27th because of its reliance on lignite coal, a big source of greenhouse gas emissions. U.S. dropped from 56th to 59th place due to high emissions and poor ratings for the federal government’s policies. The bottom 5 consisted of: Saudi Arabia (60), US (59), Iran (58), Korea (57), Chinese Taipei (56). India ranked 11th and other neighbouring countries of India ranked the following: China (33). Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Myanmar were not assessed.
- Which animal possesses the fastest animal movement on record, as per a study published in the journal Royal Society Open Science, on 12th December 2018?
1) Jack Rabbit
2) Pronghorn Antelope
3) Dracula Ant
4) Peregrine Falcon
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Dracula Ant
On December 12, 2018, in a study, published in the journal Royal Society Open Science, scientists found that the Dracula ant possesses the fastest animal movement on record. With speeds of up to 90 metres per second or 200 miles per hour, the ants can snap-jaws and power up their mandibles by pressing the tips together.
- Name the team that won the 115th Aga Khan Gold Cup hockey tournament held in New Delhi, on 10th December 2018?
1) Army XI Danapur
2) Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy
3) Steel Authority of India’s Hockey Academy
4) Punjab Panthers
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Steel Authority of India’s Hockey Academy
On 10th December 2018, Steel Authority of India’s Hockey Academy wins 115th Aga Khan Gold Cup tournament by beating Army XI Danapur by 2-1 at Major Dhyan Chand hockey stadium in New Delhi. Jay Prakash Patel scored the match-winning goal for the SAIL Hockey Academy (SHA) in the final match of Aga Khan Gold Cup which is one of the oldest hockey tournament in the country. The SHA team defeated Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy by 4-2 in the semifinals. SAIL Hockey Academy is run by SAIL’s Rourkela Steel Plant.
- What was the theme of International Universal Health Coverage Day (UHC Day) 2018 celebrated on 12thDecember 2018?
1) Health for All – Rise for our Right
2) Unite for Universal Health Coverage: Now is the Time for Collective Action
3) Health Coverage for all by 2025
4) Universal Health Coverage for a healthy future
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Unite for Universal Health Coverage: Now is the Time for Collective Action
On 12th December 2018, International Universal Health Coverage Day (UHC Day) was observed throughout the world. It aims to mobilize diverse stakeholders to call for stronger, more equitable health systems to achieve universal health coverage, leaving no one behind. The theme for the 2018 UHC Day is: “Unite for Universal Health Coverage: Now is the Time for Collective Action.” Universal health coverage (UHC) ensures all people, everywhere, can access the quality health services they need without suffering financial hardship. The United Nations proclaimed 12 December as International Universal Health Coverage Day (UHC Day) by resolution 72/138 in 2017.
- When was the 2nd International Day of Neutrality 2018 observed throughout the world?
1) December 10
2) December 11
3) December 9
4) December 12
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) December 12
December 12 is seen as International Day of Neutrality after its adoption by United Nations General Assembly in the 69th plenary meeting. It is celebrated by United Nations to ensure neutrality among nations and abstention of a state from all participation in a war. It is aimed at promoting the use of preventive diplomacy, and enhancing public awareness of the value of neutrality in international relations. The resolutions of neutrality was reaffirmed in resolution 71/275 and the United Nations General Assembly declared the Day of December 12 to be seen as International Day of Neutrality on February 2, 2017.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Chairman of Indian Ports Association (IPA) is _____?Sanjay Bhatia
- Name the President and headquarters of Asian Development Bank (ADB)?President – Takehiko Nakao; Headquarters – Mandaluyong, Philippines
- When was Reserve Bank of India (RBI) established?1st April 1935
- Who is the President of Hockey India, headquartered in New Delhi?Mohammad Mushtaq Ahmed
- Name the Director of All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA)?Prof Tanuja Nesari