AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs December 11 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs December 2018
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
Click Here to Read Current Affairs December 11 2018
- NITI Aayog has launched ‘AI 4 All Global Hackathon’ to develop AI (Artificial Intelligence) Applications to make positive social and economic impact in India, in partnership with which Singapore based AI startup?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Perlin
NITI Aayog has launched ‘AI 4 All Global Hackathon’ to develop AI (Artificial Intelligence) Applications to make positive social and economic impact in India, in partnership with a Singapore based AI startup named Perlin. NITI Aayog is inviting developers, students, start-ups and companies to participate in the Hackathon. This Hackathon is a part of National AI Strategy which has a vision to expand the idea of “Artificial Intelligence, AI for All”.
- Kazakhstan opened a consulate, under the leadership of the managing director of Chandan Steel Limited _____, in Gujarat to further business partnership, on 10th December 2018?
1) Dilip Chandan
2) Ram Kishan Maurya
3) Vishwas Chandan
4) Shyam Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dilip Chandan
On December 10, 2018, Kazakhstan opened a consulate, under the leadership of the managing director of Chandan Steel Limited, Dilip Chandan, in Gujarat to further business partnership. The consulate was inaugurated on the eve of the 27th Anniversary of the Independence Day of the Republic of Kazakhstan. It would help in enhancing development of mutually beneficial cooperation between Kazakhstan and India in the fields of IT industry, engineering, tourism and transport and logistics infrastructure, as well as agriculture.
- Name the 2nd edition of the 11-day exercise between Indian Air Force (IAF) and Russian Federation Aerospace Force (RFSAF) that commenced at Air Force Station Jodhpur, on 10th December 2018?
1) INDRAAIR 2018
2) AIRINDRA 2018
3) AVIAINDRA 2018
4) AVIONICS 2018
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) AVIAINDRA 2018
On December 10, 2018, 11-day long AVIAINDRA 2018, the 2nd edition of exercise between Indian Air Force (IAF) and Russian Federation Aerospace Force (RFSAF), commenced at Air Force Station Jodhpur. It would conclude on 21 December 2018. The exercise would be conducted in 2 phases and is unique in nature, wherein the foreign participant does not bring its air assets. The inaugural IAF-RFSAF Ex AVIAINDRA was conducted in 2014.
- Which district became the 23rd district of Arunachal Pradesh on 9th December 2018?
1) Shi Yomi
2) Min Shu
3) Sei Jong
4) Jeo Rada
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Shi Yomi
On December 9, 2018, Arunachal Pradesh got Shi Yomi as its 23rd district after its inauguration by Chief Minister Pema Khandu in presence ofUnion Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju. The district, consisting of four circles — Mechuka, Pidi, Tato and Monigong — was carved out of West Siang district. This including two other districts- Pakke-Kesang, Lepa Rada– was created after the approval of District Re-Organisation Bill, 2018 on August 29, 2018. The Pakke-Kessang district was carved out of East Kameng district with five administrative units namely Pakke-Kessang, Seijosa, Pijiriang, Passa Valley and Dissing Passo with district headquarters at Lemmi. Lepa Rada was created by bifurcating the Lower Siang district with headquarters at Basar with four administrative units – Tirbin, Basar, Daring and Sago.
- Tamil Nadu Government launched 24-hour toll free helpline number ____ for women facing domestic violence and sexual harassment to get assistance such as police help, legal aid or medical services, on 10th December 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 181
On 10th December 2018, Tamil Nadu Government launched a 24-hour toll free helpline number 181 for women facing domestic violence and sexual harassment to get assistance ranging from police help, legal aid or medical services including ambulance. The Service developed at a cost of 62.70 lakh will be available round-the-clock on all days of the week and women can also get information about the welfare schemes aimed at their benefit.
- Which entity conducted the largest ever Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) at 2144 centres in 92 cities across India, on 9th December 2018?
1) Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
2) National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
3) Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
4) Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
On 9th December 2018, The Central Board of Secondary Education, (CBSE), conducted the largest ever Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) at 2144 centres in 92 cities across the country. As many as 16,91,088 teaching job aspirants took the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET). Among them the number of female candidates were 9,78,818 while male candidates numbered 7,12,071. 199 transgender candidates also participated in the 11th edition of the teacher eligibility test while 33,107 differently abled candidates filled their applications for the exam this year. This year onwards, the score cards and CTET certificate will be given to the candidates in a digital format. CBSE will create DigiLocker accounts of the candidates and digitally signed certificates will be legally valid as per the IT Act. The mark sheets and certificates will contain encrypted QR code and can be downloaded using the login credentials that will be sent by the board.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) launched the Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train, on 8thDecember 2018, which will tour for _____ days, across several cities?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 16
On December 8, 2018, Indian Railways’ catering and tourism arm IRCTC announced the launch of the Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train. The Tourist Circuit will consist of destinations including: Delhi, Bodhgaya, Nalanda/Rajgir, Varanasi/Sarnath, Lumbini, Kushinagar, Sravasti and Agra. According to the IRCTC website, the train will depart on December 8 and December 22 completing a 16-day tour. Portal for booking of tickets are: https://www.irctcbuddhisttrain.com/. Earlier, Indian Railways launched another tourist circuit train called the Shri Ramayana Express.
- United Nations Conference adopted a global pact “The Global compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration”, on 10th December 2018. Where was the United Nations conference held?
1) Marrakesh, Morocco
2) Philadelphia, United States
3) Sri Lanka, Colombo
4) Budapest, Hungary
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Marrakesh, Morocco
On 10th December 2018, A United Nations Conference in Moroccan city of Marrakesh adopted a global pact “The Global compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration” to better handle migrant flows despite a string of withdrawals driven by anti-immigrant populism. The pact is described as a “Roadmap to prevent suffering and chaos” by UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres.
- Which entity announced that it will implement an ‘Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions’ covering services provided by entities falling under Reserve Bank’s regulatory jurisdiction?
1) Union Ministry of Finance
2) State Bank of India (SBI)
3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
4) Indian Banks’ Association (IBA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
On 5th December 2018, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said that it will implement an ‘Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions’ covering services provided by entities falling under Reserve Banks regulatory jurisdiction. The scheme will be notified by the end of January 2019. The ombudsman scheme will provide cost-free mechanism to redress grievances of customers related to digital transactions to strengthen consumer confidence. In another customer protection initiative, the RBI has issued instructions on limiting customer liability in respect of unauthorized electronic transactions involving banks and credit card issuing non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) and will very soon work out a frame work for the same purpose involving transactions of prepaid payment instruments PPIs like mobile wallets.
- Where was the 54th SKOCH Summit on the State of Power, Oil and Gas held on 5th December 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On 5th December 2018, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India has been conferred the Skoch Award for National Significance at an event held in New Delhi. Secretary, Ministry of New Renewable Energy Shri Anand Kumar received the award. The Ministry was conferred with the award considering its purpose and critical role played in installing about 73 GW renewable energy capacities in the country. The award was given at 54th SKOCH Summit on the State of Power, Oil and Gas, in New Delhi, and was organized by SKOCH Group, India’s topmost independent think-tank for socio-economic issues with a focus on inclusive growth. Presently 21% of the total installed capacity comes from renewable energy source and the sector has been able to provide one billion units of electricity in the country within the year. Currently India ranks 4th in the world in wind energy capacity and 5th in solar & total renewable energy capacity installed in the world. In a latest push, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) had announced its plans for 23 GW of solar projects in Leh and Ladakh regions of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Who became the first Asian/Indian to win the 2018 Mister Supranational title in the 3rd edition of the competition held in Krynica-Zdroj, Poland, on 9th December 2018?
1) Rakesh Shetty
2) Prathamesh Maulingkar
3) Manish Jain
4) Pramod Karmakar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Prathamesh Maulingkar
On December 9, 2018, Prathamesh Maulingkar from Goa, dubbed as Mr. India, became the first Asian/Indian to win 2018 Mister Supranational title after contesting 37 candidates in the 3rd edition of the competition held in Krynica-Zdroj, Poland. He was followed by Mr. Poland at 2nd position and Mr. Brazil at 3rd position. Mr. Brazil was also crowned with Mr Popularity sash.
- Name the Indian who won the ‘Best entertainment host/presenter’ award at the Asian Academy Creative Awards, held on 8th and 9th December 2018, in Singapore?
1) Amitabh Bacchan
2) Salman Khan
3) Kapil Sharma
4) Karan Johar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Salman Khan
On December 9, 2018, the 2-day inaugural Asian Academy Creative Awards concluded at Singapore’s Capitol Theatre, Singapore. Indian winners of the Asian Academy Creative Awards are:
Category Winner Best entertainment Host/Presenter Salman Khan for Bigg Boss season 11 by Endemol Shine India,Viacom 18 Media PVT.LTD Best direction (fiction) Anurag Kashyap for Netflix’s original series Sacred Games Best Editing Aarti Bajaj for Sacred Games by Phantom Films for Netflix Best comedy program Queens Of Comedy by Discovery Communications India for TLC India Best Telenovela or soap opera series PORUS by One Life Studios for Sony Entertainment Best 2D animated program or series Lamput by Cartoon Network India Best Current Affairs Program or Series The Last Drop by NGC Network India for National Geographic Best non-scripted entertainment The Remix by Greymatter Entertainment for Amazon Prime Video Best Natural History or Wildlife Programme The World’s Most Famous Tiger by Natural History Unit India
- Which politician will be awarded as “Best Woman Parliamentarian – Rajya Sabha” by Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu, in New Delhi, on 13th December 2018?
1) Sushma Swaraj
2) Vasundhara Raje
3) Mamta Banerjee
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kanimozhi
On 13th December 2018, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) Member of Parliament (MP), Kanimozhi will be awarded as “Best Woman Parliamentarian – Rajya Sabha” by the Vice-President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu at Dr. Ambedkar International Center in New Delhi. A 10-member board of Jury of eminent personalities headed by Murali Manohar Joshi selected Kanimozhi for the award presented by Lokmat Group of Newspaper. She has been awarded for her outstanding Contribution in Parliament and Strengthening Democratic Values and Principles for Several Decades.
- Name the 24th Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) who resigned on 10th December 2018?
1) Dr. Raghuram Rajan
2) Dr. Urjit Patel
3) Dr. Arvind Subramaniam
4) Dr. Surjit Bhalla
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dr. Urjit Patel
On December 10, 2018, 24th Governor of Reserve Bank of India, Dr. Urjit Patel, resigned citing personal reasons. The resignation of the former governor was imminent from the recent government-RBI tussles on a host of issues, including: central bank autonomy, the government reportedly seeking a share of the RBI reserves and relaxing the restrictive prompt corrective action (PCA) framework for state-owned banks. With his resignation, he has become the first governor since 1990 to step down before the end of his term. He succeeded ex-RBI Raghuram Rajan in September 2016 and his term was due till September 2019. Prior to being the governor of the central bank, he was the deputy governor in RBI.
- Who was appointed as the Managing Director of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), on 6th December 2018?
1) Wasim Khan
2) Abbas Mohammed
3) Rashid Khan
4) Hashim Ahmed
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Wasim Khan
On 6th December 2018, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) appointed Wasim Khan, CEO of Leicenstershire County Cricket Club as the Managing Director of PCB. The former Warwickshire batsman, Wasim Khan who had played 58 first-class matches in his professional career will leave his role as CEO of Leicestershire County Cricket Club and will join PCB in February 2019.
- ____ resigned as Chief Executing Officer (CEO) of online Fashion Retailer Myntra, on 10th December 2018?
1) Ananth Narayanan
2) Vivek Kumar Singh
3) Himanshu Singh
4) Abhishek Singhania
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ananth Narayanan
On 10th December 2018, Ananth Narayanan Chief Executing Officer (CEO) of online Fashion Retailer Myntra which is a unit of Walmart Owned Flipkart has resigned from his post. The Flipkart Executive, Amar Nagaram will head Myntra after the resignation of Ananth Narayanan.
- Name the Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RLSP) president who resigned from the position of Minister of State for Human Resource and Development, on 10th December 2018?
1) Manoj Sinha
2) Upendra Kushwaha
3) Rajiv Menon
4) Debashish Banerjee
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Upendra Kushwaha
On December 10, 2018, Rashtriya Lok Samata Party(RLSP) president Upendra Kushwaha resigned from the Union council of ministers on account of seat sharing for 2019 elections. He was the Minister of State for Human Resource and Development. His resignation came a day ahead of the start of Parliament’s Winter Session.
- What is the codename of the exercise conducted by Indian Air Force (IAF), as part of which, combined guided weapons firing of Surface-to-Air Missiles, was performed from the Air Force Station at Suryalanka in Andhra Pradesh, from 5th to 7th December 2018?
1) FIRE PRO-18
2) CROSS BOW-18
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) CROSS BOW-18
On December 8, 2018, the Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully concluded combined guided weapons firing of Surface-to-Air Missiles from the Air Force Station at Suryalanka in Andhra Pradesh, as part of a first-of-its-kind two-day exercise codenamed- CROSS BOW 18. The exercise was carried out on December 5, 7 and 8 during day and night in an integrated networked environment. In the exercise, successful firing of four different classes of missiles, like Akash, Spyder, OSA-AK-M and IGLA, took place.
- Scientists from Fujian Normal University of which country have developed a “rewritable” paper that can be drawn or printed on over and over again by changing the temperature?
3) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) China
On December 8, 2018, Scientists from the Fujian Normal University in China developed a “rewritable” paper that can be drawn or printed on over and over again by changing the temperature. The new material consisted of three layers in a sandwich-like structure where the text could be changed or wiped clean over 100 times by changing the temperature. According to a study published in the journal ACS Applied Material & Interfaces, the messages can last more than half a year, compared to other re-writable papers. It can be used in practical applications such as long-lasting information recording and reading, rewritable label, reprintable display.
- Name the three-stage nuclear capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile successfully test fired by India, from Dr Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha coast, on 10th December 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Agni-5
On 10th November 2018, India successfully test fired the surface-to-surface ballistic missile Agni-5 from Dr Abdul Kalam Island in the Bay of Bengal off Odisha coast. This is the seventh trial of the indigenously-developed surface-to-surface missile, while second one in the last six months. Agni-5 is a three stage missile with a length of 17 metre and width of two metre, can carry 1.5 tonnes of nuclear warheads and has a strike range of 5,000 km. Once inducted in the military, India will join an exclusive club of countries like the US, Russia, China, France and Britain which have intercontinental ballistic missile capabilities.
- Where will the 2nd edition of Khelo India Youth Games 2019 be held from January 9 – January 20, 2019?
1) New Delhi, Delhi
2) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
3) Guwahati, Assam
4) Pune, Maharashtra
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Pune, Maharashtra
On 9th December 2018, Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore, Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs, launched jersey for Khelo India Youth Games and announced that 2nd edition of the national-level competition is moving out of the Capital and will be held in Pune, Maharashtra from January 9 – January 20, 2019. In its second edition, the games, has expanded its scope, and will allow participants to compete in two categories, (Under 17) and (Under 21), besides allowing students from colleges and Universities to compete. In 2019 the number of participants will almost be tripled with 9000 athletes as compared to 3500 young athletes that had participated in the games, in 2018. The 1st edition of the game had chosen 1500 children under this scheme, all of who are being funded with Rs 5 lakh each and are being provided the best training that they need to ensure that they win at the highest international levels.
- Which Indian cricketer became the first Indian Captain to win a Test in South Africa, England and Australia, on 10th December 2018?
1) Rohit Sharma
2) Virat Kohli
3) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
4) Shikhar Dawan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Virat Kohli
On 10th December 2018, Indian Skipper Virat Kohli became the first Indian Captain to win a Test in South Africa, England and Australia after defeating Australia by 31 runs in the First Test Match of the Four Match Test Series at Adelaide. Former Indian Captains Rahul Dravid and MS Dhoni won Test matches as Captains in England and South Africa but not in Australia. Out of 43 Tests, India has won 25 Tests in Kohli’s Captaincy. After this win India became the Second Asian Country after Pakistan to win the Opening Test of a Series in Australia. The last Test India won in Australia was at the WACA Ground in Perth in 2008 under the Captaincy of Anil Kumble.
- Jagdish Thakkar passed away at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences due to multiple organ failure, on 10th December 2018. He was Public Relations Officer (PRO) in the Prime Minister’s office and a ____?
4) Social Activist
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Journalist
On 10th December 2018, Public Relations Officer (PRO) in the Prime Minister’s office and senior journalist Jagdish Thakkar passed away at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences due to multiple organ failure. He was unwell for some time. The veteran journalist, Jagdish Thakkar has worked with Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his time as the chief minister of Gujarat and former CM Keshubhai Patel and was promoted as the PRO in the PMO after Modi became the PM in 2014. A native of Bhavnagar, Gujarat, Thakkar, had joined the state information department of Gujarat in 1966-67 and had retired in the year 2004, but continued to work with Modi.
- Former vice-chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia, Professor Mushirul Hasan died on 10th December 2018. What was his profession?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Historian
On December 10, 2018, renowned historian and former vice-chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia, Professor Mushirul Hasan, passed away at 71. Hasan was the Pro Vice-Chancellor of Jamia between 1992-96 and later became the VC between 2004-09. He was also the former director general of the National Archives of India. He also served as vice-chairman, Indian Institute of Advanced Study, president of the Indo-Iran Society of the Iran embassy and president of the Indian History Congress. He wrote extensively on Partition and the history of Islam in South Asia and had won Padma Shri in 2007 and the Ordre des Palmes Académiques.
- Name the campaign launched for International Day of Human Rights 2018 or Human Rights Day 2018 celebrated on 10th December 2018?
1) #StandUp4Human Rights
2) Let’s stand up for equality, justice and human dignity
3) Stand up for someone’s rights today
4) Our Rights. Our Freedoms. Always
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) #StandUp4Human Rights
December 10 is celebrated annually as International Day of Human Rights or Human Rights Day. The Campaign of the 2018 Human Rights Day is: #StandUp4Human Rights. 2018 marked the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), adopted in 1948 by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). The Universal Declaration of Human Rights document is the most translated document in the world, available in more than 500 languages.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Chief of Air Staff of India is _____?Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa
- What is the capital and currency of Kazakhstan?Capital – Astana; Currency – Kazakhstani Tenge
- Name the President and headquarters of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?President – C K Khanna; Headquarters – Mumbai
- Where is Vansda National Park located?Gujarat
- Who is the Chairperson of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)?Anita Karwal
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification