AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 9 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Name the mobile app that has been launched by Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Aviation Suresh Prabhu which provides wide range of information required to undertake international trade?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Niryat Mitra
It has been developed by the Federation of Indian Export Organizations (FIEO). It has the following features:
• It will provide information regarding policy provisions for export and import, applicable GST rate, available export incentives, tariffetc.
• It internally maps the ITC HS code of other countries with that of India and providesthe tariff line. Presently the app comes with the data of 87 countries.
• Human Resource tool of the app enables candidates to register and apply against the vacancies in international trade sector.
• Companies can also search the profiles of the candidates and engage them.
- Which Union Minister launched Bid round –II under Discovered Small Field Policy, on 9th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Dharmendra Pradhan
On August 9, 2018, Bid round –II under Discovered Small Field Policy was launched by Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. The government aims to increase India’s growth to become the 4th largest economy and is bringing policy reforms to the energy sector. They are focused on: Energy Access, Energy Efficiency, Energy Sustainability and Energy Security. Discovered Small Fields (DSF) policy is a part of that reform.
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) has signed MoU with _____ to promote primary level value addition to MAPs produce from forest area?
1.National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB)
2.National Herbal Plants Board (NHPB)
3.National Rare Plants Board (NRPB)
4.National Herbal Plantation Board (NHPB)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB)
On August 9, 2018, Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs & National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), Ministry of AYUSH signed an MoU to promote primary level value addition to MAPs produce from forest area. It is aimed to promote Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs) forest produce for livelihood development of tribal people.
- Who is the head of the 4-member Group of Ministers (GoM) that has been constituted to discuss concerns of trade pact with RCEP countries?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Suresh Prabhu
On August 9, 2018, four-member Group of Ministers (GoM) headed by Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu has been constituted to to discuss concerns of trade pact with RCEP countries. This meeting will determine whether India is willing to give 92% of its market access to these countries or not for free trade or not. The trade pact will affect the sectors of steel, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, electronics, heavy industry, textiles and chemicals as there will be an influx of Chinese products effecting the domestic markets. These talks are to be held before the upcoming trade negotiations in RCEP Summit with member nations — including Japan, China, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea in November 2018.
- The government has announced that it would implement _____ Committee’s report to improve living standards of farmers and upliftment of farm sector?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Swaminathan
On August 9, 2018, the agriculture minister Radha Mohan Singh announced that government would implement Swaminathan Committee’s reportto improve living standards of farmers and upliftment of farm sector. In 2006, President of the National Commission on Farmers (NCF) Swaminathan had recommended the following:
• reformatory schemesfor welfare of farmers,
• transparency in the market, increase productivity and eliminate malnutrition.
• sustainable production and development on erosion of natural resources and climate change
• improving the infrastructure.
- Which is the 11th Biosphere Reserve from India to be included in the World Network of Biosphere Reserves (WNBR) of UNESCO?
1.Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve
2.Great Nicobar Island Biosphere Reserve
3.Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve
4.Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve
On August 9, 2018, UNESCO designated World Network of Biosphere Reserves (WNBR) included Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve in its list. This decision was taken at the 30th Session of International Coordinating Council (ICC) of Man and Biosphere (MAB) Programme of UNESCO held at Palembang, Indonesia, from July 23-27, 2018. It is India’s 11th Biosphere Reserve that has been included so far.
- Haryana Finance Minister ____ launched an online portal for releasing grant-in-aid to government departments, on 8th August 2018?
1.Abhimanyu Singh Sindhu
2.Ram Bilas Sharma
3.O P Dhankar
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Abhimanyu Singh Sindhu
On 8th August 2018, Haryana Finance Minister Captain Abhimanyu Singh Sindhu launched an online portal for releasing grant-in-aid to government departments. Abhimanyu Singh Sindhu made the first transaction using the electronic system. He released Rs 84.58 crore to the health department under the National Health Mission. This online system will make budgetary process more transparent and enhance working efficiency of finance department officials.
- Which state has imposed a total ban on smoking and substance abuse by enthusiasts when they perform rafting, kayaking or canoeing in the state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Uttarakhand
On 8th August 2018, Uttarakhand Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat approved a revised policy on adventure sports. It has imposed a total ban on smoking and substance abuse by enthusiasts when they perform rafting, kayaking or canoeing in Uttarakhand. As per the revised policy, a minimum qualification has been fixed for raft operators. Also, stricter penal provisions have been formulated for violators. Uttarakhand Cabinet also approved revised rules on paragliding and aero sports to improve public safety.
- Where did, Pacific Endeavor-2018 (PE-18), a communication exercise under the Multinational Communications Interoperability Program (MCIP) begun on 6th August 2018?
2.New Delhi, India
3.Washington DC, United States
4.London, United Kingdom
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kathmandu, Nepal
Pacific Endeavor-2018 (PE-18) is held for 12 days. It was inaugurated by Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of Nepal, Major General Prabhuram Sharma
Main objective: to develop common communications operating procedures to enable military forces in the Asia Pacific region to work together in times of disaster.
Participation: nearly 270 personnel from 20 Asia-Pacific Countries are taking part.
Organised by: Nepali Army and United States Pacific Command.
- Name the digital platform launched by HSBC to simplify capital raising process through capital markets by offering real-time access to information like investors’ feedback, profiles, client orders and deal pricing?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.MyDeal
MyDeal consists of all information related to a client’s capital markets transaction. It is updated on real time basis. MyDeal has raised more than USD 25 billion in its pilot phase in the first 7 months through more than 30 transactions worldwide. MyDeal can be accessed using a tablet or desktop. It uses application programming interface (API) technology to centralise data from multiple channels. The data is presented through custom-made graphs and visuals. The app would be released through the online store later in 2018, for direct use of clients.
- PayPal has partnered with which bank to offer safer, faster and convenient payment experiences to bank’s card holders?
4.State Bank of India (SBI)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.HDFC Bank
On August 9, 2018, PayPal and HDFC Bank partnered to offer safer, faster and convenient payment experiences to bank’s card holders. This would enable consumers to easily open PayPal accounts and set it as their preferred payment method. This will enable the customers to shop how, where and when they choose. This will benefit both consumers and merchants.
- PayU India has partnered with _____ to offer personal loans via LazyPay?
2.AU Small Finance Bank
3.Jana Small Finance Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Reliance Money
This facility will be available to consumers in 10 cities, including metro cities and tier-II cities like Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Lucknow. The loan amount will start from Rs. 100 and will extend up to Rs. 1,00,000 with a duration varying from 15 days to 24 months. Reliance Money would carry out a one-step digital KYC process reducing the time to check. Customers would get an instant credit through a paperless process.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) to grow at _____ % in the 2019-2020 fiscal year, as per its report released on 7th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.7.5
On 7th August 2018, International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) to grow at 7.5 % in the 2019-2020 fiscal year. IMF has stated in its report that, this growth is attributed to strengthening of investment and strong private consumption. It has said that, the near-term macroeconomic outlook for India is broadly favourable. India’s GDP forecast is 7.3 % in fiscal year 2018/19 and 7.5 % in 2019/20. Headline inflation is projected to increase to 5.2 % in fiscal year 2018/19 due to tightening of demand conditions, recent depreciation of the rupee and higher oil prices, housing rent allowances and agricultural minimum support prices.
- Who was elected as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman, on 9th August 2018?
1.B K Hariprasad
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Harivansh
The election process in Rajya Sabha was initiated by Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu. Harivansh secured 125 votes and defeated Congress MP B K Hariprasad who got 105 votes. The post of Rajya Sabha deputy chairman has been vacant since 1st July 2018, following the retirement of P J Kurien.
- Who was sworn in as the 60th and youngest president of Colombia?
2.Juan Manuel Santos
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ivan Duque
On August 9, 2018, Colombia’s President-elect 42-year-old Ivan Duque has been sworn in as the country’s 60th president. He replaced Juan Manuel Santos and became the youngest president in Colombia’s recent history. He defeated left-leaning candidate, Gustavo Petro, in a presidential runoff in June with 54 percent of the vote.
- Australia’s Jarrod Lyle died after fighting cancer on 9th August 2018. He was a _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Golfer
On 9th August 2018, Australian golfer Jarrod Lyle died after fighting cancer in Australia. Jarrod Lyle was 36 years old. He had won the feeder Web.com tour two times. He had played 121 US PGA Tour tournaments in his career.
- On 7th August 2018, former 400m hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett died in a car accident. Which country did he belong to?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kenya
On 7th August 2018, former 400m hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett of Kenya died in a car accident. Nicholas Bett was 28 years old. In 2015 IAAF World Championship held in Beijing, he won gold medal. He had made a Kenyan record of 47.79. In Commonwealth Games 2018 in Australia, he finished at 8th position in the 400m hurdles event.
- When was the 76th anniversary of Quit India movement named as August Kranti Day observed in India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.August 9
On 9th August 1942, father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi started the Do or Die campaign to drive away Britishers from India. The movement started from Gawalia Tank in Mumbai. This day is observed as August Kranti Day every year. To observe the anniversary of Quit India movement, President Ram Nath Kovind hosted the freedom fighters at an At-Home reception at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- Where did Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurate Mango Festival organised by government of Uttar Pradesh?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Tashkent, Uzbekistan
On August 4-5, 2018 , External Affairs Minister Smt. Sushma Swaraj visited the Republic of Uzbekistan. Ms Swaraj, who is on her first visit to Uzbekistan, was personally received by her Uzbek counterpart Abdulaziz Kamilov at the airport. She also inaugurated a two-day Uttar Pradesh Mango Festival in Tashkent.
- When did Madhya Pradesh government observe Adivasi Diwas?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.August 9
The Madhya Pradesh government observed Adivasi Diwas on 9th August 2018. It has also announced a holiday in 20 tribal-dominated districts. The State government would felicitated achievers from the tribal community and distributed certificates to beneficiaries of various welfare schemes.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the CEO and headquarters of International Monetary Fund (IMF)?CEO – Christine Lagarde; Headquarters – Washington, D.C., United States
- What is the tag line of HDFC Bank?We Understand your world
- Who is the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan?Abdulla Nigmatovich Aripov
- What is the capital and currency of Kyrgyzstan?Capital – Bishkek; Currency – Kyrgyzstani som
- Where is Jim Corbett National Park located?Uttarakhand