AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 7 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Try August 2018 Quiz
- Try July 2018 Quiz
- Try June 2018 Quiz
Click Here to Read Current Affairs August 7 2018
- On August 7, 2018, the Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Nitin Gadkari launched a portal named BIMS. Expand BIMS?
1.Biofuel Information Management System
2.Bidder Information Management System
3.Banking Internal Management System
4.Boosting Information Management System
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Bidder Information Management System
The portal will work as a data base of information about bidders, covering basic details, civil works experience, cash accruals and network, annual turnover etc. It will streamline the process of pre-qualification of bidders by analyzing data already stored in the portal. BIMS will be used by all the project implementation agencies of the Ministry for maintenance and evaluation of technical information of civil works. The bidders would be responsible for ensuring that their latest details are available on the BIMS portal.
- On August 7, 2018, the National Academy of Art, Lalit Kala Akademi (LKA) celebrated its 64th Foundation Day, in which the book “A Painter of Eloquent Silence” was launched. Name the author of the book?
3.Pranav Ranjan Ray
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Pranav Ranjan Ray
Dr. Mahesh Sharma released the logo of the 12th Triennale India which is scheduled to be organised by the Akademi in December 2018. A book on eminent artist Ganesh Pyne- “A Painter of Eloquent Silence” written by Pranav Ranjan Ray was launched. A demonstration of clay modelling named ‘AAO..MITTI ME KHELE…’was organised by the Akademi at Dr. Rajendra Prasad Sarvodaya Vidyalaya situated at the President Estate. The objective of the workshop was to inculcate creativity in the children.
- On 7th August 2018, Parliament passed Constitution (123rd Amendment) Bill, 2017 to provide constitutional status to the ______?
1.National Commission for Backward Classes
2.National Commission for Scheduled Tribes
3.National Commission for Scheduled Languages
4.National Commission for Scheduled Banks
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.National Commission for Backward Classes
The Constitution (123rd Amendment) Bill 2017 was passed 156 votes to nil. The amendment entails:
• Inclusion of a female representation,
• Making the findings of the caste census public and formulating reservation according to that,
• Relook or removal of the creamy layer formula and
• introduction of reservation in the judiciary.
- Name the bill that was passed by the Parliament on 6th August 2018, which ensures severe punishment for those convicted of raping girls below 12 years of age?
1.Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2018
2.Sexual Offenders (Amendment) Bill, 2018
3.Women’s Safety (Amendment) Bill, 2018
4.Rape victims Safety Bill, 2017
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2018
As per Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2018:
• For the rape of a girl under 12 years of age: minimum jail term of 20 years and it can be increased to life time imprisonment or death sentence.
• For gangrape of a girl below 12 years of age: life imprisonment or death.
• For rape of a girl below 16 years of age: minimum punishment has been increased from 10 to 20 years and it can be extended to life imprisonment.
• For gang-rape of a girl below 16 years of age: imprisonment for the rest of the life of the convict.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has constituted a committee, to be headed by a former Allahabad High Court judge, to monitor the rejuvenation project of which river from Haridwar to Unnao in Uttar Pradesh?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.River Ganga
Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court will nominate a former judge of Allahabad High Court to head the committee. The committee will also have the following experts: one from Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), one from the Ministry of Forests, Environment and Climate Change, one from the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and one from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). The committee will assume charge within a month’s time. The committee would function from Kanpur.
- Name Goa Tourism’s app-based taxi service flagged off by Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on 7th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Goamiles
On August 7, 2018, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar and Tourism Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar flagged off the Goa Tourism Development Corporation’s app-based taxi service called ‘GOAMILES’ in Panaji. It would ensure that commuters are not cheated as there would be transparency in fares for the customers. It will also ensure the increase in earnings of taxi drivers by “two to three” times.
- On August 7, 2018, Andhra Pradesh Government signed an MoU with which electronics company, through which the company will set up its plant in 75 acres land in Tirupati and Chittoor districts?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Holytech
On August 7, 2018, Andhra Pradesh Government signed an MoU with electronics company Holytech. Under this MoU, Holytech will set up its plant in 75 acres land in Tirupati and Chittoor districts. It will have cost of Rs. 1400 crores. This would be the first-of-its-kind facility in India. It will create 6000 direct and indirect job opportunities.
- Name the joint military exercise between Indian Army and Royal Thai Army, that began on 7th August 2018, in Chachoengsao province , Thailand?
3.Exercise Garuda Shakthi
4.Exercise Vijay Prahar
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Exercise Maitree
On August 7, 2018, the opening ceremony of Exercise Maitree, a joint military exercise between Indian Army and Royal Thai Army , was held in Chachoengsao province , Thailand. It will be conducted between August 6-19th 2018. The exercise will comprise of
• honing of tactical and technical skills in joint counter insurgency and
• counter terrorist operations in rural and urban scenario under UN mandate,
• increasing interoperability between forces from both countries ,
• tactical drills for neutralization of likely threats in urban warfare scenario
- Name the 2 persons who were appointed as members of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on 6th August 2018?
1.Aditya Vikram, Pramod Chandra Mody
2.Namrata Rai, Prithvi Raj
3.Ranjith Singh, Debashish Banerjee
4.Pramod Advani, Sathya Gopal
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Aditya Vikram, Pramod Chandra Mody
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Aditya Vikram and Pramod Chandra Mody as members of CBDT. Aditya Vikram is a 1981 batch Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) officer. He is the principal director general (logistics) in Delhi. Pramod Chandra Mody is a 1982 batch Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) officer. He is the principal chief commissioner, Mumbai. After these two appointments, there is a vacancy of two more members in CBDT. Other two members of CBDT are: Shabri Bhattasali and Arbind Modi.
- Who was appointed the Director and General Manager of United India Insurance Company on 7th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.S Gopakumar
On 7th August 2018, United India Insurance Company appointed S Gopakumar as its Director and General Manager with immediate effect. Earlier, S Gopakumar was Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of GIC Housing Finance Ltd. S Gopakumar started his career with National Insurance Company. He has an experience of more than 30 years.
- ISRO has announced that it would launch the heaviest communication satellite _____ from French Guiana on November 30, 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.GSAT -11
On August 7, 2018, ISRO announced that it would launch the heaviest communication satellite GSAT -11 from French Guiana on November 30, 2018. This satellite weighs over 5.7 tonnes or 5700 kg. It will be launched from the European spaceport Arianespace. This will help in increasing internet speed of the country of 14 gigabit per second data transfer speed.
- Which tennis player has secured the top spot in the men’s Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) world singles rankings released on 6th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rafael Nadal
Rank Player Points 1 Rafael Nadal (Spain) 9310 2 Roger Federer (Switzerland) 7080 3 Alexander Zverev (Germany) 5665 4 Juan Martin del Potro (Argentina) 5455 5 Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria) 4610 6 Kevin Anderson (South Africa) 4355 7 Marin Cilic (Croatia) 3905 8 Dominic Thiem (Austria) 3665 9 John Isner (USA) 3490 10 Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 3355
- What is the rank of Indian men’s hockey team in the latest FIH rankings released on 7th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.5
Rank Country Points 1 Australia 1906 2 Argentina 1883 3 Belgium 1709 4 Netherlands 1654 5 India 1484
- Which country won the Under 16 West Asian Football Federation Cup (WAFF) held in Valencia, Spain?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.India
Under-16 team of India defeated Iraq by 1-0,held in Amman, Jordon.The sole goal in the Under 16 team was given by Bhuvenesh.This win goes down in history Since,India had won for the first time against Iraq in any football format and in any age group.
- On August 7, 2018, Mario Gomez announced his retirement from international football. Which country does he belong to?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Germany
On August 7, 2018, Veteran German striker Mario Gomez announced his retirement from international football. The 33-year-old made his debut for Germany in 2007. He scored 31 goals in 78 international appearances. He also represented his country at the FIFA World Cup in 2010 and 2018 and the Euro Cup in 2008 and 2012.
- On 6th August 2018, Rajinder Kumar Dhawan, passed away due to old age related ailments, at a hospital in Delhi. What was his profession?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Politician
On 6th August 2018, former Congress MP, Rajinder Kumar Dhawan, passed away due to old age related ailments, at a hospital in Delhi. Rajinder Kumar Dhawan was 81 years old. He was personal secretary to Indira Gandhi when she was Prime Minister of India from 1962 to 1984. He was elected to Rajya Sabha in 1990. He was also a member of the Congress Working Committee. He was made minister of state (independent charge) Housing and Urban Development during 1995-1996.
- On 7th August 2018, Mony K. Mathew passed away following a heart attack. He was a _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.financial journalist
On 7th August 2018, senior financial journalist Mony K. Mathew passed away following a heart attack. Mony K. Mathew was 66 years old. He was a senior assistant editor at The Hindu BusinessLine. He had worked with The Indian Express and The Financial Express before joining The Hindu BusinessLine. He served as chief of bureau and resident editor of The Financial Express, Chennai.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?Sushil Chandra
- Where is Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary located?Goa
- Who is the Chairperson of National Green Tribunal (NGT)?Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel
- Name the President of FIH (Fédération Internationale de Hockey or International Hockey Federation) headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland?Narinder Dhruv Batra
- Name the speaker of Lok Sabha?Sumitra Mahajan
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification