Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- What is the objective of Mission Bhagiratha Phase 1 project of Telangana State Government inaugurated by Prime Minister?
A.To provide 100 liters of clean drinking water per person in rural households and 150 liters per person in urban households
B.To provide 200 liters of clean drinking water per person in rural households and 250 liters per person in urban households
C.To provide 150 liters of clean drinking water per person in rural households and 100 liters per person in urban households
D.To provide 150 liters of clean drinking water per person in rural households and 150 liters per person in urban households
Answer – A.To provide 100 liters of clean drinking water per person in rural households and 150 liters per person in urban households
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched phase-1 of a flagship project of Telangana government called ‘Mission Bhagiratha‘, which is aimed at providing piped drinking water to every household in the state.
- Ahead of Indian Development, World Economic Forum proposed to conduct the Annual Indian Economic Summit at which City during October 2016?
Answer – D.New Delhi
In recognizing the Indian development, World Economic Forum(WEF), will host its annual India Economic Summit at New Delhi on October 6-7. This summit is expected to attend by over 500 business and political leaders including top policymakers and CEOs.
- Which State Government has launched an awareness drive across all districts to make women aware about correct breastfeeding practices to mark the World Breastfeeding Week?
Answer – B.Jharkhand
World Breastfeeding Week 2016 celebrated from Monday (1st of August) to the Sunday (7th of August) throughout the world to marking the importance of breast feeding to the new born by the lactating mother.
- National Handloom Day is being celebrated on which date to commemorate the celebration of aesthetics and indigenous Talents of Weavers?
Answer – C.August 7th
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, quoted that handlooms can be a tool to fight poverty, just as swadeshi was a tool in the struggle for freedom and he quoted that Khadi and handloom products provide the same warmth that mother’s love provides on the fabulous National Handloom Day on August 7.
- Tamil Script Writer and Director has passed away in Chennai at the age of 76 years. Who is he?
Answer – B.Sundaram
Tamil Script writer and director Vietnam Veedu Sundaram died in Chennai. He was 76. He had worked with Sivaji Ganesan, MGR, Amitabh Bachchan and Kamal Haasan.
- In which place a team of archaeologists spots the ancient tribal fire pit with tools, a spear tip and tobacco seeds?
Answer – C.Utah
A team of archaeologist’s spots the ancient tribal fire pit with tools, a spear tip and tobacco seeds that is 12,300 years old on a military testing range in northern Utah in the United States.
- Which country to hold the first comprehensive nuclear security emergency drill code named as Fengbao-2016 to expand the nuclear power generation?
Answer – C.China
China has held its first comprehensive nuclear security emergency drill Code-named as Fengbao-2016 to expand the nuclear power generation.
- Who has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the US based Global Technology major CSS Corporation?
Answer – D.Manish Tandon
US based Global tech major CSS corporarion has named Manish Tandon as its new Chief Executive Officer of the firm. He will replace (Tiger) TG Ramesh who has been transferred as a Non-executive Board director.
- Which award has been conferred to Bollywood Filmmaker N Chandra during the 8th Goa State Film Festival held at Goa in August?
A.Best Film Producer Award
B.Lifetime Achievement Award
C.Global Achievement Award
D.Debut Film Producer Award
Answer – B.Lifetime Achievement Award
Bollywood filmmaker N Chandra was honored with the Lifetime Achievement award during the 8th Goa State Film Festival held at Goa between August 5-8.
- India joined with which country to replace the AN-32s with the medium 20-tonne transport aircraft with an investment of $300 million each?
Answer – D.Russia
The medium 20-tonne transport aircraft that have been planned to replace the An-32s to be jointly developed by India and Russia, seems uncertain as the delay persists.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange signed a Memorandum of Understanding with which institutions for developing tools for strengthening cybersecurity and advising the stock exchange?
Answer – D.IIT Kanpur
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) has signed an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with IIT Kanpur for developing tools for strengthening cybersecurity and advising the stock exchange on current and future cyber related issues.
- Which state classical troupe has performed the state dance that wooed the audience during its performances in different cities of Egypt?
Answer – C.Kerala
Kerala’s classical Indian dance Kaathakali has been performed by troupe (group of dancers) that wooed the audience during its performances in different cities of Egypt for the first time.
- Union Agriculture Minister has inaugurated College of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry in which state?
Answer – A.Nagaland
Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh has inaugurated College of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry in Peren District of Nagaland under Central Agricultural University (CAU) Imphal MP.
- Which State Government designed a web portal of the Home Department at the Secretariat by National Informatics Centre about the guidelines for differently abled persons?
Answer – D.Odisha
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched a web portal of the Home department at the Secretariat in Bhubaneswar. The new Web portal has been designed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) featured with accessibility guidelines that can be used by the differently-abled persons to see and hear the website.
- Tamilnadu State Government has granted cash prize of Rs.1.45 crore to how many sports persons has won international sports honors?
Answer – B.5
Tamilnadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa have granted cash prize of Rs 1.45 crore to five Sports Persons who has won international Sports honors.