AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs August 4 2019
- How many years of jail term is rewarded to person, who indulge in pornography using child as per the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) (Amendment) Bill, 2019 ?
1) Life Imprisonment
2) 15 years
3) 5 years
4) 10 years
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 5 years
Parliament passed the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) (Amendment) Bill, 2019 which amends the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
Offence Punishment as per 2019 Bill Use of child for pornographic purposes Minimum: 5 years Use of child for pornographic purposes resulting in penetrative sexual assault Minimum: 10 years (in case of child below 16 years: 20 years)
Maximum: life imprisonment
Use of child for pornographic purposes resulting in aggravated penetrative sexual assault Minimum: 20 years
Maximum: life imprisonment or death.
Use of child for pornographic purposes resulting in sexual assault Minimum: 3 years
Maximum: 5 years
Use of child for pornographic purposes resulting in aggravated sexual assault Minimum: 5 years
Maximum: 7 years
- Which government body will become paperless from the next session ?
1) Lok Sabha
2) Rajya Sabha
3) Election Commission of India
4) Both 1 & 2
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Lok Sabha
On July 31, 2019, Speaker of Lok Sabha, Om Birla announced that the Lower House (Lok Sabha) will become paperless from the next session. It will save crores of rupees to the exchequer/ national treasury.
- Which ministry, constituted an 8-member committee to recommend operational level modifications for restructuring the National Statistical Office (NSO) ?
1) Minister of Statistics and Human Resource Development(MoSHRD)
2) Minister of Statistics and Corporate Affairs (MoSCA)
3) Minister of Statistics and Empowerment (MoSE)
4) Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI)
The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) constituted an 8-member committee to recommend operational level modifications for restructuring the National Statistical Office (NSO). Background: In May 2019, MoSPI had approved the merger of the Central Statistics Office (CSO) and the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) into NSO to streamline and strengthen the present nodal functions and to bring in more synergy by integrating its administrative functions within the ministry.Terms of Reference: it will give recommendations on the reorganization of technical and administrative divisions, rationalization of coordination activities, delegation of financial powers, reduction in the number of levels in the channel of submission and enhancement of the ministry’s efficiency.
- Who will chair the National Statistical Office (NSO) ?
1) Prabhat Kumar
2) Pravin Srivastava
3) P. K. Sinha
4) Ajit Seth
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pravin Srivastava
NSO will be chaired by Pravin Srivastava, the chief statistician, and MoSPI secretary.
- Which Indian city, will hold the Regional Conference on Good Governance ?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) NewDelhi, Delhi
3) Jaipur, Rajasthan
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Jaipur, Rajasthan
Regional Conference on Good Governance will be held in Jaipur, Rajasthan by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in association with the Department of Administrative Reforms, Government of Rajasthan and the Harish Chandra Mathur Rajasthan State Institute of Public Administration (HCMRIPA). It is a part of the DARPG’s vision 2024 initiatives in the new Government.The theme of the conference for 2019 is “Strengthening State Institute of Public Administration”.The conference will be held between 14th and 15th November 2019 and will be inaugurated by Ashok Gehlot, chief minister of Rajasthan and Union Minister Jitendra Singh. This conference aims to develop and provide opportunities in improving the Public Service Delivery by enhanced quality of Administration.
- Where was the 8th Inter-Sessional Ministerial Meeting of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) 2019 held ?
1) Beijing, China
2) Tokyo, Japan
3) New Delhi, India
4) Moscow, Russia
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Beijing, China
A two-day 8th Interregional Ministerial Meeting of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) 2019 was held in Beijing, China on August 2-3, 2019 before the 7th RCEP ministerial meet which will be convened in Bangkok, Thailand on September 2019. In this meeting, all partner countries agreed to finalize trading deal negotiations.
- Who lead the Indian delegation to the 8th Inter-Sessional Ministerial Meeting of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) 2019 that held in Beijing, China ?
1) Bhaskar Khulbe
2) Nripendra Misra
3) Sanjay Kothari
4) Anup Wadhawan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Anup Wadhawan
Commerce Secretary Dr. Anup Wadhawan represented two-day 8th Interregional Ministerial Meeting of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) 2019 that held in Beijing, China on August 2-3, 2019 before the 7th RCEP ministerial meet which will be convened in Bangkok, Thailand on September 2019.
- FTA was in news recently, what does ‘A’ stands for ___________ .
1) A- Agency
2) A- Agreement
3) A- Asset
4) A- Association
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) A- Agreement
A stands for Agreement. The full form of FTA is Free Trade Agreement.
- Which country has imposed a ban on Burqa or niqab in public places, including public transport, government buildings and at health and education institutions ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Netherland
On August 1, 2019, The cabinet of Netherland imposed a ban on Burqa or niqab in public places, including public transport, government buildings and at health and education institutions. It is not applied to public streets. Anyone found guilty will have to pay a fine of Rs 28,000.Along with burqa, niqab or veil, it also banned motor helmets and ski masks. It does not include headscarves, as they cover only the head and not the face. A fine of 150 euros will be imposed on breaking the law.
- Which entity, has been barred by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) from charging pre-payment penalties or foreclosure charges from individual borrowers ?
1) Non-Banking Finance Company(NBFC)
2) Commercial Banks
3) Payment Banks
4) Co-operative Banks
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Non-Banking Finance Company(NBFC)
On August 2, 2019, The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has barred the both deposit-taking and non- deposit taking NBFCs(Non-Banking Finance Companies) from charging pre-payment /foreclosure charges on any floating rate term loans sanctioned for purposes other than business to individual loan borrowers. Impact: The move will affect income line of NBFCs which are now troubling with the stock of issues including liquidity crisis.For Banks: RBI barred commercial banks from charging such penalties from individual borrowers with mortgage loans in May 2014. But it allows banks to charge on unsecured loans like credit cards, personal loans.Foreclosure: The foreclosure of personal loan is the full repayment of the remaining loan amount in one single payment instead of paying monthly installments.
- Which bank has tied up with Finwizard Technology Pvt Ltd to offer mutual funds (MFs), through its ‘KBL Mobile Plus’ application ?
1) Canara Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Karnataka Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Karnataka Bank
On August 2, 2019, An ‘A’ Class Scheduled Commercial Bank, Karnataka Bank has tied up with fintech company Finwizard Technology Pvt Ltd (widely known as “fisdom”) to offer wealth management products and services, beginning with mutual funds (MFs), through its ‘KBL Mobile Plus’ application.KBL Mobile Plus.The app enables customers to invest in any mutual fund & also help them navigate and select the best-suited funds besides having additional services like redemption assistance and live tracking.With this, the bank will deepen the penetration of its product offers and enable more customers experience through a digital proposition.Since 2006, The Karnataka bank offering mutual funds to its customers.
- Who will be conferred with International Broadcasting Convention’s(IBC) highest award “International Honor for Excellence” during the IBC’s awards ceremony 2019, in Amsterdam, Netherlands ?
1) Daniel Craig
2) Andy Serkis
3) Idris Elba
4) Daniel Radcliffe
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Andy Serkis
The England-born English actor and film director, Andy Serkis will receive the International Broadcasting Convention’s(IBC) highest award “International Honor for Excellence” for bringing extraordinary humanity to computer-generated characters, at the IBC’s awards ceremony scheduled to be held on September 15, 2019, in Amsterdam, Netherlands.Andy Serkis.Serkis is best known for his performance-capture roles of Gollum from the “Lord of the Rings” film series & and as Caesar in the “Planet of the Apes” trilogy.Filmmakers, James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Ang Lee, and Jeffrey Katzenberg were the past recipients of this prestigious award.
- Name the Indian Cricketer, who was conferred with Bharat Gaurav Award 2019 .
1) Sourav Ganguly
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Kapil Dev
4) Sunil Gavaskar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kapil Dev
On August 1, 2019, Former Indian cricketer Kapil Dev was conferred with Bharat Gaurav Award 2019 on the 99th foundation day of East Bengal Club, the Kolkata soccer giants, at the award ceremony held at Netaji Indoor Stadium, Kolkata, West Bengal.Kapil Dev.Footballer Bhaichung Bhutia was honoured with the ‘Identifying and Nurturing the Icon’ award.Former India captains Manoranjan Bhattacharya and Bhaskar Ganguly were conferred with a lifetime achievement award. Iconic footballer P.K. Banerjee was conferred with the ‘Coach of Coaches’ award. Laldanmawia Ralte conferred with ‘Best Footballer of the Year’ award.
- Who was appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Cyprus on 2nd August, 2019?
1) Madhumita Hazarika Bhagat
2) Naveen Srivastava
3) Renu Pall
4) Alok Kumar Sinha
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Madhumita Hazarika Bhagat
On August 2, 2019, Ministry of External Affairs Ms. Madhumita Hazarika Bhagat was appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Cyprus. She is a 1999 batch Indian Foreign Service(IFS) Officer presently working as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs. She succeeds RK Raghavan.
- Where did India test-fired a sophisticated all-weather and all-terrain two Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QRSAM) recently ?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
3) Bengaluru, Karnataka
4) Chandipur, Odisha
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Chandipur, Odisha
On August 4, 2019, India test-fired a sophisticated all-weather and all-terrain two Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QRSAM) from a mobile truck-based launch unit at complex 3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha, which was developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the India Army.
- What is the strike range of newly tested Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QRSAM) ?
1) 30-35 km
2) 25-30 km
3) 35-40 km
4) 40-45 km
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 25-30 km
QRSAM, the state-of-the-art missile, uses solid-fuel propellant and has a range of 25-30 km.It is equipped with electronic countermeasures against jamming by aircraft radars. It can be mounted on a truck and stored in a canister.The first trial of the QSRAM was conducted on June 4, 2017.
- Where was the Magomed Salam Umakhanov Memorial International Boxing Tournament 2019 held?
1) Manila, Philippines
2) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3) Kaspiysk, Russia
4) Jakarta, Indonesia
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kaspiysk, Russia
The Magomed Salam Umakhanov Memorial International Boxing Tournament 2019 was held in Kaspiysk, Russia. It was the 21st Edition organized by European Boxing Confederation (EUBC). Indian boxers claimed 6 medals at the tournament- 2 golds, 1 silver, and 3 bronze.
- Lovlina Borgohain is associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Boxing
Lovlina Borgohain belong to Boxing.Recently Boxer Lovlina Borgohain (69kg) defeated Italy’s Assunta Canfora and Neeraj (57kg) defeated Russia’s Malika Shakhidova. They both clinched gold medals.Gaurav Solanki had to settle for a silver against Uzbekistan’s Abdulkhay Sharakhmatov.Pooja Rani (75kg), Govind Sahani (49Kg) and Jony (60Kg) settled for bronze.
- Oscar awardee, D.A. Pennebaker passed away recently, he was associated with which field ?
4) Film Making
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Film Maker
On August 1, 2019, D.A. Pennebaker, the Oscar-winning documentary maker of America, passed away at Long Island, New York, the US due to natural causes. He was 94.Pennebaker.Born on July 15, 1925 in Evanston, Illinois, United States, he was the recipient of honorary Academy Award/ Lifetime Oscar in 2013 by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the president of European Boxing Confederation (EUBC) ?Answer – Franco Falcinelli
- What is the Capital and Currency of Republic of Cyprus ?Answer – Capital: Nicosia & Currency: Euro
- What is the tagline of Karnataka Bank ?Answer – Your Family Bank Across India
- Ranthambore National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Rajasthan
- Who is the director of Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) ?Answer – Dr. Pankaj Srivastava
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification