AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 4 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Name the mobile app that has been launched by Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur as a part of the first phase of ‘horn not ok’ awareness campaign in Manali and Shimla?
3.Say no to horns
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Shaur Nahin
It is an initiative of the Department of Environment Science and Technology in association with National Informatics Centre, Himachal Pradesh. The app will let the general public to report cases of noise pollution. It will have 2 types of users: general public and officers, both of whom would be authenticated with an one-time password (OTP). Complaints will be made available to deputy commissioner, superintendent of police, sub-divisional magistrate and sub-divisional police officer.
- Which state government launched ‘Swachha Meva Jayate’ cleanliness campaign on 2nd August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Karnataka
On August 2,2018, Karnataka government launched ‘Swachha Meva Jayate’ campaign. It was launched by Dr G Parameshwara, deputy chief minister of Karnataka. The department of Rural Development also released the logo of the campaign: a little boy and a little girl standing in front of the map of Karnataka. The campaign coincides with the Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018 (SSG 2018) survey, being undertaken by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen).
- _____ topped N-SIPI (State Investment Potential Index) series by economic think-tank NCAER, as the top ‘most investor-friendly’ destination, on 4th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Delhi
On August 4, 2018, according to a report called N-SIPI (State Investment Potential Index) series by economic think-tank NCAER, Delhi has topped the list and has replaced Gujarat. Delhi jumped one spot from 2017. The ranking was done of 20 states and one Union Territory of Delhi. It was done based on 6 parameters: land, labour, infrastructure, economic climate, governance and political stability and business perceptions.
2 Tamil Nadu
7 Andhra Pradesh
10 West Bengal
- Where has the World’s First Intertidal Art Gallery named Coralarium been opened?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Maldives
The Intertidal art gallery called Coralarium is located at the Fairmont Madives Sirru Fen Fushi resort. The Art Gallery is filled with around 30 Sculptures acting as a habitat for coral and other marine species. The frame of the gallery is made up of pH-neutral marine steel and designed to reflect the blue hues surrounding it.
- Which country was elected as the President of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) for a period of two years, on 4th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.India
On August 4, 2018, India was elected as the President of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) for a period oftwo years. India won for the first time against Iran. Director General of All India Radio F. Sheheryar was re-elected as chair of the executive board. Sri Lanka was elected as vice-chair. This took place at the 44th annual gathering of AIBD in Colombo in August 3,2018. The three-day gathering was inaugurated by Sri Lankan Minister of Finance and mass media Mangala Samarweera.
- HDFC Life Insurance and which bank signed a MoU on 4th August 2018 where the bank will sell the insurer’s products through its branches?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Vijaya Bank
On August 4, 2018, HDFC Life Insurance and Vijaya Bank signed an MoU where the bank will sell the insurer’s products through its branches. This Mou is aimed at serving the semi urban rural regions where the insurance products don’t have a reach. Apart from deposits and loans, the bank’s customers will also get access to life insurance products. HDFC Life already has 163 bancassurance partners.
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance has tied up with which small finance bank to offer specialised product offerings to the bank customers?
1.Fincare Small Finance Bank
2.Jana Small Finance Bank
3.City Small Finance Bank
4.AU Small Finance Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Fincare Small Finance Bank
On August 4, 2018, Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance has tied up with Fincare Small Finance Bank to offer specialised product offerings to the bank customers. It aims is to push life insurance to the rural population. As per the Mou, two products will be offered: Point of Sale (POS) product (‘Saral Navesh’ endowment life insurance plan ) and a protection product. The PoS product offers a sum assured from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 million, with premium payments from Rs 5,000 to Rs 100,000 (annually) for a policy term of 10-20 years which may be purchased for either a death benefit or maturity benefit. This will give Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance access to a customer base.
- Who has become the first Indian to receive the International Contributions Award given by the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT), USA?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.K.Anvar Sadath
On August 4, 2018, K.Anvar Sadath is the first Indian to receive the International Contributions Award given by the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT), USA. He is the vice chairman and executive director of the Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) also known as [email protected] Project. This award is because of Sadath’s outstanding and continuous contributions to the field of educational communication and technology.
- Name the Indian-origin prison guard from Adelaide who has won the title of MasterChef Australia 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sashi Cheliah
On August 4, 2018, Sashi Cheliah, A 39-year-old prison guard from Adelaide, won the title of MasterChef Australia 2018. It was the 10th Season. He got 93 out of 100 points on the final day. He defeated fellow contestant Ben Borsht, who scored 77 out of 100. He won a MasterChef Australia trophy and a winning amount of $2,50,000 (almost Rs 1.7 crore). He has also served as a police officer in Singapore for 12 years before he moved to Adelaide six years ago.
- Who has been appointed as Managing Director of Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Ltd. (DFCCIL)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Anurag Sachan
Anurag Sachan was appointed as Managing Director of Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Ltd. (DFCCIL). He is a 1981-batch officer of Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), is at present Chief Administrative Officer of Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla rail link project.He has been appointed to the post for a period up to July 31, 2020.
- Name the Madras High Court Chief Justice who was appointed as Supreme Court justice, on 4th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Indira Banerjee
On August 4, 2018, 3 High court judges were appointed to the Supreme Court. The appointed judges are:
• Uttarakhand High Court Chief Justice KM Joseph,
• Madras High Court Chief Justice Indira Banerjee and
• Orissa HC Chief Justice Vineet Saran.
The number of judges in the top court after the fresh appointments has gone up to 25. There would still be six vacancies.
- Who was appointed as the next Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of India to the Republic of Equitorial Guinea, on 4th August 2018?
1.Man Mohan Bhanot
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Man Mohan Bhanot
On August 4, 2018, Man Mohan Bhanot appointed as the next Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of India to the Republic of Equitorial Guinea. He will be the first resident Ambassador of India to the Republic of Equitorial Guinea. He is presently Ambassador to Syria.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the MD and CEO and headquarters of Vijaya Bank?MD CEO: Sankara Narayanan; Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Where is the headquarters of Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (ABID)?Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
- Where is the Great Himalayan Park located?Himachal Pradesh
- What is the capital and currency of Republic of Equitorial Guinea?Capital: Malabo; Currency: Central African CFA Franc
- When was Fincare Small Finance Bank incorporated?2017