AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 3 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Name the mobile app launched by FICCI Ladies Organisation that is aimed at creating awareness on preventive healthcare?
1.WOW (Wellness of Women)
2.EOW (Empowerment of Women)
3.Women Warriors (WW)
4.Rise of Women (ROW)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.WOW (Wellness of Women)
It is powered by ‘Ask Apollo’ of the city-based Apollo Hospitals Group. This platform allows users to talk to doctors through video conferencing or connect with them via voice or email. Users can also upload clinical information such as reports, images, and scans so that experts can provide an opinion.
- On August 2, 2018, where was the 2-day 17th Indo-US Military Cooperation Meeting held?
1.New York, United States
2.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.New Delhi, India
The meeting was co-chaired by Indian Side: Lt Gen Satish Dua, Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC) and US Side: Lt Gen Bryan Fenton, Deputy Commander, Indo-Pacific Command. In the 2+2 dialogues the MEA Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman would meet their US counterparts. India and the US were also working to have a joint drill of all the three armed forces of the two countries.
- Where was the ‘Bridging Japan and India by Bamboo’ workshop held on 2nd August 2018?
3.Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Agartala, Tripura
On August 3, 2018, a team from the Japanese Embassy in New Delhi and stakeholders in the Bamboo handicraft sector of Tripura took part in a workshop called ‘Bridging Japan and India by Bamboo’. The Japanese team, led by Kenko Sone, Minister, Economic and Development, Embassy of Japan, India.
- On 1st August 2018, Maharashtra state government approved ____ to finish 6,624 water projects in 10,583 villages under the National Rural Drinking Water Scheme?
1.Rs 7,952 crore
2.Rs. 2,467 crore
3.Rs. 6000 crore
4.Rs. 3567 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 7,952 crore
On August 1 2018, Maharashtra state minister informed that Maharashtra govt. has approved over Rs 7,000 crore to fulfill the drinking water projects in scarcity hit regions. The government has approved Rs 7,952 crore to finish 6,624 water projects in 10,583 villages under the National Rural Drinking Water Scheme. The government has aimed to provide water supply to all regions and villages that are perennially drought-hit and also to finish the project in Konkan, Nashik, Aurangabad, Amravati, Nagpur and Pune divisions. Around 6,500 projects have already been completed in the last four years by spending Rs 5,500 crore.
- Which state government has launched the ‘Mukhya Mantri-Yuva Nestham’ scheme to provide allowance to unemployed youth in the state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Andhra Pradesh
On August 3, 2018, Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu launched ‘Mukhya Mantri-Yuva Nestham’ scheme to allowance to unemployed youth in the state. The allowance will be of Rs 1000 per month. 12 lakh youths in the age group of 22-35 years will get the benefit. The scheme is eligible even if there are more than one beneficiary in a family. The money will be credited directly into the bank accounts through biometric authentication after 15 days of registration which will start from either third or fourth week of August.
- On August 3, 2018, Kadaknath chicken meat from Jhabua district of which state was awarded a Geographical Indication (GI) tag?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Madhya Pradesh
On August 3, 2018, the famous Kadaknath chicken meat from Jhabua district of Madhya Pradesh has now got a Geographical Indication (GI) tag. The application was made in the category of “Meat Product, Poultry & Poultry Meat”, was approved on July 30. The Gramin Vikas Trust of Krishak Bharati Cooperative (KRIBHCO) had sought GI tag. Chhattisgarh-based Global Business Incubator Private Limited (GBIPL) had also sought GI tag for the chicken breed which is bred in the state’sDantewada district.
- On August 3,2018, which bank launched a new deposit scheme called Vikas Bonanza 456 for a tenure of 456 days with interest rate of 7.10 % for public and 7.60 % for senior citizens?
1.Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB)
2.Andhra Pradesh Vikas Grameen Bank (APVGB)
3.City Cooperative Bank (CCB)
4.Hindustan Cooperative Bnak (HCB)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB)
The scheme is of a tenure of 456 days with interest rate of 7.10 per cent for public and 7.60 per cent for senior citizens. It also offers annualized return of 7.35% for the general public and 7.89% for senior citizens. A minimum of Rs.10,000 and maximum of Rs.1 crore can be deposited under this scheme.
- Which company has become the world’s first publicly traded company to be valued at USD 1 trillion?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Apple
On August 3 2018, Apple is the world’s first publicly traded company to be valued at USD 1 trillion.It marks the latest triumph of a trend-setting company that two mavericks named Steve started in a Silicon Valley garage 42 years ago. According to FactSet Apple’s shares gained USD 5.89 to close at USD 207.39, leaving the company’s market value a notch above USD 1 trillion around USD 1,001,679,220,000.
- On August 3, 2018, which ministry tied up with Invest India to offer three-month programme ‘Integrate to Innovate’ for startups in energy sector?
1.Ministry of Science and Technology
2.Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3.Ministry of Home Affairs
4.Minsitry of Human Resource Development
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ministry of Commerce and Industry
On August 3, 2018, the commerce and industry ministry joined hands with Invest India to offer its three-month programme ‘Integrate to Innovate’ for startups in the sector. This programme would be carried out by the department of industrial policy and promotion (DIPP). The selected start-ups will receive a cash prize grant of up to Rs 5 lakh along with an opportunity to pilot their product with corporates. The corporates would offer them access to technology, technical and commercial mentorship and access to customers through networks.
- Which bank has signed an agreement with Reliance Jio Infocomm to integrate its digital banking solution YONO with MyJio application?
3.State Bank of India (SBI)
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.State Bank of India (SBI)
SBI said Yono would now be preloaded on Reliance Jio handsets. SBI customers would benefit from Jio Prime with exclusive deals from Reliance Retail, Jio and partner brands. MyJio app will now offer financial services of SBI and Jio Payments Bank. SBI will also be engaging Jio as one of its preferred partners for designing and providing network and connectivity solutions.
- Telangana State Information Technology, Electronics and Communication department (ITE&C) has signed an MoU with which firm to launch India’s first Blockchain district in Telengana at the International Blockchain Congress 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Tech Mahindra
On August 3, 2018, the Telangana State Information Technology, Electronics and Communication department (ITE&C) signed an MoU with Tech Mahindra to launch India’s first Blockchain district in Telengana at the International Blockchain Congress 2018. It will be a centre of excellence and an incubator. It will have process development for the emerging technology with innovative infrastructure and facilities. This will start the growth of Indian blockchain start-ups and companies.
- Who has received the Hindi Sahitya Academy’s Shalaka Samman for 2017-18?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Javed Akhtar
Hindi Academy Delhi has given its highest Shalaka Samman for 2017-18 to bollywood lyricist and poet Javed Akhtar. He is a father of Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar. The scriptwriter, lyricist and poet has five National Awards for Best Lyricist to his name for works such as Border, Refugee and Lagaan. The lyricist has also been honoured with the Padma Shri in 1999 and the Padma Bhushan in 2007. He is also a recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award in Urdu for his collection of poems entitled Lava.
- Who was re-elected as Zimbabwe’s president on 3rd August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Emmerson Mnangagwa
On August 3, 2018, Incumbent Emmerson Mnangagwa has been re-elected as Zimbabwe’s president. 75-year-old Mnangagwa, of the ruling ZANU-PF party, won 50.8 percent against Nelson Chamisa, of the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) Alliance. He has bee in power since November 2017. Earlier he was the Vice-President and is called ‘the crocodile’. ZANU-PF, which has ruled the southern African country since independence in 1980.
- India test-fired _____ from the Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast on 2nd August 2018?
1.Advanced Air Defence (AAD) interceptor missile
2.Advanced Air Combat (AAC) interceptor missile
3.High-Tech Air Combat (HTAC) interceptor missile
4.New Air Combat (NAC) interceptor missile
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Advanced Air Defence (AAD) interceptor missile
On August 2 2018, India test-fired the endo-atmospheric Advanced Air Defence (AAD) interceptor missile from the Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast. It is a part of the country’s ballistic missile defence (BMD) shield against a multiple target scenario. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) test-fired the AAD interceptor from a canister against multiple simulated targets. The interceptor is a 7.5-meter long single stage solid rocket propelled guided missile.
- Who has become the sixth Indian woman tennis player to enter the top-200 rankings in singles in the WTA chart with rank 200?
1.Karman Kaur Thandi
3.Aruna Budda Reddy
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Karman Kaur Thandi
On August 3, 2018, Karman Kaur Thandi became the sixth Indian woman tennis player to crack the top-200 rankings in singles in the WTA chart. She is now ranked 200. She jumped 32 places to reach a career-best 200 in the WTA chart. She her maiden ITF singles title in Hong Kong and making the semifinals in two others in China.
- Name the 10 year-old swimmer who broken a record set by Olympian Michael Phelps in 1995, in the 100 meter butterfly, in the Far West International Swimming Championship?
1.Clark Kent Apuada
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Clark Kent Apuada
n August 1 2018, Ten-year-old swimmer Clark Kent Apuada of California placed first in all seven events at the Far West International Swimming Championship and broke Olympian Michael Phelps record. In the 100 meter butterfly, he broke a record set by Olympian Michael Phelps at the same meet back in 1995. He broke the records by 1.1 seconds.
- A MoU was signed on 3rd August 2018 between the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and which Ministry for upskilling and certification of 100,000 RAC (refrigeration and air-conditioning) service technicians?
1.Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
2.Minsitry of Science and Technology
3.Ministry of MSME (Micro Small and Medium Enterprises)
4.Ministry of Home Affairs
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
On August 3, 2018, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the Ministries of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship took place upskilling and certification of 100,000 RAC service technicians. It was attended by representatives of UN Environment, UNDP, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ),etc. This is under under the Skill India Mission – Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY). There are around 200,000 refrigeration and air-conditioning (RAC) service technicians in the country mainly in the informal sector.
- On August 3, 2018, Ministry of Textiles and which Ministry joined hands under the SAATHI (Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to Help Small Industries) initiative to sustain and accelerate the adoption of energy efficient textile technologies in the powerloom sector?
1.Ministry of Urban Development
2.Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare
3.Ministry of Power
4.Minsitry of Human Resource Development
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ministry of Power
On August 3, 2018 Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Power have joined hands under the initiative SAATHI(Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to Help Small Industries) in order to sustain and accelerate the adoption of energy efficient textile technologies in the powerloom sector. These efficient equipments causes energy savings and cost savings to the unit owners.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the President of FICCI Ladies Organisation?Pinky Reddy
- Where is Clouded Leopard National Park located?Tripura
- Who is the Chairman of Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB)?S Ravindran
- Name the MD and CEO of Jio Payments Bank?H Srikrishnan
- Who is the Chairman of Mahindra Group?Anand Mahindra