AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 26 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Name the Defence Minister of China who visited New Delhi for an official visit from 21st to 24th August 2018?
1.Lieutenant General Wei Fenghe
2.Lieutenant General Shin Moi
3.Lieutenant General Wuhei Loo
4.Lieutenant General Lang Wann
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Lieutenant General Wei Fenghe
On August 21, 2018, the Defence Minister of China Lieutenant General Wei Fenghe visited New Delhi for an official visit for 4 days till August 24, 2018. Fenghe was leading a 24-member delegation from China to India- the first high level one after the 73 day-long Doklam military standoff. This visit comes on the backdrop of the Wuhan informal summit between Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping in April 2018. This will be the second meeting this year between the defence ministers after their meeting during the defence ministers’ meeting of theShanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in April.
- Which Indian city topped in clean transport based on Overall emissions and energy consumption, as per “The Urban Commute” analysis by Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), released on 26th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bhopal
The Rankings as per the study:
Overall emissions and energy consumption:
[/su_table] Per-travel trip emissions and energy consumption:
Rank City 1 Bhopal 2 Vijayawada 3 Chandigarh 4 Lucknow 5 Kochi 6 Jaipur 7 Kolkata 8 Ahmedabad 9 Pune 10 Mumbai 11 Hyderabad 12 Bengaluru 13 Chennai 14 Delhi
Rank City 1 Kolkata 2 Mumbai 3 Bhopal 4 Delhi 5 Ahmedabad 6 Lucknow 7 Vijayawada 8 Pune 9 Jaipur 10 Chennai 11 Bengaluru 12 Kochi 13 Chandigarh 14 Hyderabad
- Tamil Nadu has launched a campaign to highlight the impact of plastic pollution. Who has been appointed the brand ambassador of the project?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Vivek
On 23rd August 2018, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E.Palanisamy launched an app and a website on plastic pollution free Tamilnadu. He inaugurated a campaign to highlight the impact of plastic pollution. He appointed actor Vivek as the brand ambassador of the project. Tamil Nadu Government has announced plastic ban with effect from 1st January 2019.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami laid the foundation stone for developing a Special Investment Region (SIR) in which district of Tamil Nadu, on 25th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Krishnagiri
On 25th August 2018, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami laid the foundation stone for developing a Special Investment Region (SIR) in Krishnagiri district, Tamil Nadu. The Special Investment Region (SIR) is developed as part of Tamil Nadu’s efforts to enhance economic growth in northern parts of the state. The SIR will be developed by GMR Infrastructures Ltd and Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation Ltd (TIDCO). The GMR Krishnagiri SIR will be developed on an area of 2,100 acres in Denkanikottai and Shoolagiri taluks of Krishnagiri.
- Who will be honoured with the Game Changer of the Year title of the 2018 Asia Game Changer Awards in October 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Indra Nooyi
On August 26, 2018, Asia Society, a global cultural organization announced that PepsiCo’s CEO Indra Nooyi will be honoured with the Game Changer of the Year title of the 2018 Asia Game Changer Awards in October 2018. Citi is the founding partner of Asia Society’s Asia Game Changer Awards. Indra Nooyi will be honored in recognition of her business achievements, humanitarian record and advocacy for women and girls around the world. Under her guidance, Pepsi had a life-saving collaboration with the United Nations on food, nutrition, global water, climate, and women’s empowerment issues.
- Reliance Power Netherlands BV won an international arbitration award of ______ from the Arbitration Tribunal regarding a dispute, on 26th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.$56 million
On August 26, 2018, Reliance Power Netherlands BV, a wholly owned subsidy of Reliance Power won an international arbitration award of $56 million (Rs 390 crore) from the Arbitration Tribunal regarding a dispute. This sum of money will be paid to Reliance Power Netherlands BV by Prestige Capital Holdings (a Seychelles-based company) and Kokos Jiang. This decision was taken by the Arbitration Tribunal constituted under Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC). This is related to a contractual dispute in the context of the company’s coal mines in Indonesia.
- Name the former Indian cricketer who was appointed the head coach of Zimbabwe national cricket team, on 26thAugust 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Lalchand Rajput
On August 26, 2018, former India opener Lalchand Rajput was appointed the head coach of Zimbabwe national cricket team by the Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC). He is likely to remain in charge for the 2020 World T20 and beyond. He was earlier appointed as the interim head coach of Zimbabwe in May. He has been the manager of the MS Dhoni-led Indian team during the T20 World Cup in South Africa in 2007. He has secured Full Membership at the ICC and won six limited-overs series under Rajput Afghanistan.
- Which country successfully sent twin BeiDou 3 navigation satellites into the space on the Long March-3B carrier rocket, on 26th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.China
On August 26, 2018,China successfully sent twin BeiDou 3 navigation satellites into the space on the Long March-3B carrier rocket from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China’s Sichuan Province. This was the 283rd mission of the Long March-3B carrier rocket. They were developed by the Innovation Academy for Microsatellites of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. The twin satellites entered orbit more than three hours after the launch. They will work together with 10 other BeiDou-3 satellites already in orbit.
- Name the Indian-American scientist who has identified 50 protein biomarkers that can non-invasively detect inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Chander Mohan
Chander Mohan, an Indian-American scientist, has identified 50 protein biomarkers that can non-invasively detect inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). IBD is caused when the body’s immune system fights its intestinal cells. It leads to diarrhea, abdominal cramps, blood in stools and weight loss. Chander Mohan is a professor at University of Houston in the US. He has received a grant of USD 347,490 from the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America. He is examining stool protein biomarkers that indicate IBT along with Subra Kugathasan, an IBD expert and a gastroenterologist at Emory University in the US.
- Which country won its first FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup title at the La Rabine Stadium in Vannes, France, on 24th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Japan
On 14th August 2018, Japan won its first FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup title at the La Rabine Stadium in Vannes, France. Japan defeated Spain 3-1 in the final and won its first FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup. England defeated France 4-2 and finished in the third position.
- Gopal Bose passed away on 26th August 2018. What was his profession?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Cricketer
On August 26, 2018, the former Bengal opener and captain Gopal Bose passed away at 71. He started his career with the first-class cricket in the 1968-69 season and accumulated 3757 runs at an average of 30.79. He was part of India’s squad for the England tour in 1974 and played one one-day international. He was the selector and coach of the Bengal junior team. He was also appointed manager for the Virat Kohli-led India Under-19 side during the 2008 Under 19 World Cup.
- Nand Lal Passi died following a long term illness, in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, on 24th August 2018. He was a ______?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Politician
On 24th August 2018, Former MLA and Samajwadi Party leader Nand Lal Passi died following a long term illness, at Dr Ram Manohar Lohia hospital, in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Nand Lal Passi was 84 years old. In 1993, he was elected to the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly as a Samajwadi Party candidate.
- Who is the author of the book “Atal Ji Ne Kaha” that was released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 24thAugust 2018?
3.Vivek Kumar Singh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Brijendra Rehi
On 24th August 2018, “Atal Ji Ne Kaha” a book on former Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Atal Ji Ne Kaha has been written, compiled and edited by Brijendra Rehi. The book has been published by Darpan Publication. The book consists of 320 pages and 26 chapters. It has Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s select speeches on economy, policies, small industries, social development, nuclear programme, science and technology, terrorism etc. It also has his photographs and three interviews by Brijendra Rehi.
- Dudhwa Tiger Reserve has set up a helpline with toll-free number 1926 to control man-animal conflicts. Dudhwa Tiger Reserve is located in which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Uttar Pradesh
The Dudhwa Tiger Reserve (DTR) has set up a toll-free number 1926 to curtail man-animal conflicts. The forest department has done this in collaboration with the Reliance Foundation. The helpline will work in tandem with the ‘Dial 100’ emergency service. This initiative will be launched in other tiger reserves also.
- Who resigned as director of Reliance Naval and Engineering Ltd (RNAVAL) on 25th August 2018?
1.Anil D Ambani
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Anil D Ambani
Reliance Naval and Engineering Ltd (RNAVAL) announced that Anil D Ambani has resigned as director of the company. He has resigned in compliance with provisions of Section 165 of the Companies Act, 2013, prescribing the limit on directorships to only 10 public companies. RNAVAL operates India’s largest integrated shipbuilding facility. It has obtained licence and contract to build warships.
- Which Indian actor has joined Maharashtra Government’s Mission Shakti’ initiative to help sportspersons with medal-winning potential for the upcoming 2024 Paris Olympiad?
1.Shah Rukh Khan
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Aamir Khan
Aamir Khan will be part of Maharashtra Government’s Mission Shakti’ initiative to groom sportspersons with medal-winning potential for the upcoming 2024 Paris Olympiad. ‘Mission Shakti’ will target sports like weight-lifting, archery, shooting, swimming, athletics, volleyball and gymnastics, with excellence in physical endurance, fitness, superior stamina and other features included in a rigorous selection test.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the headquarters of Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)?Answer – New Delhi
- Who is the President of Zimbabwe?Answer – Emmerson Mnangagwa
- Where is the headquarters of Asia Society, a global cultural organization?Answer – New York City, USA
- Line of Control separates India with which country?Answer – Pakistan
- Who is the governor of Uttarakhand?Answer – Baby Rani Maurya