AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 18 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Hologram-based colour coded stickers on vehicles to indicate nature of fuel, will be implemented in the Delhi-National Capital Region by 30th September 2018. What is the colour code for vehicles using diesel?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Orange
Hologram-based light blue colour sticker will be used in vehicles using petrol and CNG fuel. Hologram-based orange sticker will be used in vehicles using diesel. Also, the date of registration of the vehicle will be printed on these stickers. Suggestions of MoRTH was accepted by a bench of Justices Madan B Lokur, S Abdul Nazeer and Deepak Gupta. The colour-coded sticker system for vehicles will be implemented in the Delhi-National Capital Region by 30th September 2018.
- The 11th World Hindi Conference was inaugurated on 18th August 2018 in Port Louis, Mauritius. What is the theme of the conference?
1.Stories of India
2.Evolution of Hindi
3.Hindi World and Indian Culture
4.Cultural Significance of Hindi
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Hindi World and Indian Culture
On August 18, 2018, the Mauritian Prime Minister Pravind Kumar Jagnauth inaugurated the 3 day 11th World Hindi Conference in capital city Port Louis in Mauritius. The theme for 2018 World Hindi Conference is : “Hindi World and Indian Culture”. A report will also be released on the recommendation made during the 10th conference held in Bhopal in 2015. This would be the first time that representatives from all 29 states and Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and Puducherry will be attending the conference along with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- As per data of SEBI, investments through participatory notes into Indian capital markets declined to over nine-year low of _____ till July-end?
1.Rs 80,341 crore
2.Rs 78,890 crore
3.Rs 35,989 crore
4.Rs 99,789 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 80,341 crore
On August 18, 2018, according to SEBI data, investments through participatory notes into Indian capital markets declined to over nine-year low ofRs 80,341 crore till July-end. This is a total value of P-note investments in Indian markets – equity, debt, and derivatives taken together. This is the lowest level since April 2009 when the cumulative value of such investments stood at Rs 72,314 crore.
- Who is the world’s highest paid female actress according to Forbes?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Scarlett Johansson
Actress Scarlett Johansson has emerged as the world’s highest paid female actress according to Forbes. Scarlett Johansson is 33 years old. She earned $ 40.5 million in pre-tax earnings from June 1, 2017, to June 1, 2018. Angelina Jolie has ranked second with $28 million and actress Jennifer Aniston, is in third position with $19.5 million.
- Name the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Infosys, who resigned from his position on 18th August 2018?
1.Salil S Parekh
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.MD Ranganath
On 18th August 2018, Infosys’ Chief Financial Officer (CFO) MD Ranganath resigned from his position. MD Ranganath became Chief Financial Officer of Infosys in 2015 following the exit of Rajiv Bansal. MD Ranganath will continue as CFO till 16th November 2018. He has worked with Infosys for 18 years. He has been a part of the Infosys Leadership team. He has worked in the areas of consulting, finance, strategy, risk management and M&A. He has been involved in formulating and executing strategic priorities for Infosys.
- Name India’s first mission to study the solar corona, that is planned to be launched in 2019-2020, by Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-XL) from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh?
1.Akash – I
2.Apoorva – I
3.SuryaDev – M1
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Aditya-L1
ISRO’s Aditya-L1 mission, India’s first mission to study the solar corona, is planned to be launched in 2019-2020, by Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-XL) from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. Aditya – L1 will be inserted in a halo orbit around the Lagrangian point 1 (L1) that is 1.5 million km from the Earth. Solar corona is the outer layers of the Sun. Lagrangian point is a point where the attraction by the Sun and the Earth becomes equal. This point does not experience gravitational force. This satellite will observe the Sun’s Photosphere and the Chromosphere and will also conduct additional experiments.
- Where has the world’s oldest cheese been discovered?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Egypt
World’s oldest cheese has been discovered inside an Egyptian tomb. The world’s oldest cheese was found in the tomb of Ptahmes, mayor of Memphis in Egypt during the 13th century BC. His tomb was first unearthed in 1885. It was lost under drifting sand, and was rediscovered in 2010. Archeologists found a jar with a solidified whitish mass inside the tomb. After liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry, researches identified it as cheese. This cheese is nearly 3,200 years old.
- Kofi Annan, passed away following a short term illness, at a hospital in Bern, Switzerland, on 18th August 2018. He was the former secretary general of _____?
1.International Cricket Council (ICC)
3.World Trade Organisation (WHO)
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.United Nations
On 18th August 2018, former UN secretary general Kofi Annan, passed away following a short term illness, at a hospital in Bern, Switzerland. Kofi Annan was 80 years old. He was born on 8th April 1938 in Kumasi, Ghana. He was the seventh UN secretary general. He served two terms between 1997 and 2006. He received the Nobel peace prize for his humanitarian work jointly with the UN as an organisation in 2001.
- Chennupati Vidya passed away following a heart attack, in Andhra Pradesh, on 18th August 2018. What was her profession?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Politician
On 18th August 2018, former member of Lok Sabha, Chennupati Vidya passed away following a heart attack, in Andhra Pradesh. Chennupati Vidya was 84 years. She was elected to the Parliament as a Congress contestant from Vijayawada constituency in 1980 and 1989. She had won the Jamnalal Bajaj Award in honour of her services to women. She was involved in social service through the Atheist Centre in Vijayawada, established by her father Goparaju Ramachandra Rao (GoRa), who was an atheist movement leader.
- Which state will observe September as ‘month of nutrition’?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Rajasthan
On August 15, 2018, on the eve of 72nd Independence Day, Rajasthan government announced that it would observe September as ‘month of nutrition’. The schemes introduced from the ‘month of nutrition’. The Rajasthan CM launched ‘Annapurna Milk Scheme’. Students of Class 1 to 8 of government schools will be given milk daily instead of thrice a week. This would cost the government an additional Rs.203 crore.
- India has proposed to declare which year as “International Year of Millets” to the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.2019
India has proposed to declare 2019 as “International Year of Millets” to the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations. India’s agriculture minister Radha Mohan Singh has written a letter to Jose Graziano da Silva, director-general, United Nations FAO, in this regard. This proposal aims to create awareness about millets among consumers, policy makers, industry and R&D sector.
- Which body has announced a phased rollout of live face recognition feature with telecom service providers from September 15, 2018?
2.CSO (Central Statistics Office)
3.UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India)
4.RBI (Reserve Bank of India)
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India)
On August 18, 2018, UIDAI announced a phased rollout of live face recognition feature with telecom service providers from September 15. This would be used as an additional mode of authentication by the telecom service providers. The ‘live face photo’ capture would be done to obtain eKYC for issuance of mobile SIMs. The TSP shall store both the photos in its database for audit purpose. At least 10 per cent of their total monthly authentication transactions shall be performed using face authentication.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairman of UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India)?Answer – J Satyanarayana
- Name the CEO & MD of Infosys?Answer – Salil S. Parekh
- Who is the Director-General of Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations?Answer – Jose Graziano da Silva
- Who is the Prime Minister of Mauritius?Answer – Pravind Kumar Jugnauth
- Where is Keoladeo National Park located?Answer – Rajasthan